2nd hand book shops in Pattaya - are there any?

jonesthebaker

there's one on the 2nd floor of the Tops Supermarket at the junction of Pattaya Klang with the Second Road . . the shop is at the western far end of the building. Quite a LARGE second hand bookstore !

And there is a smaller one right opposite the Post Office in the Soi Pottoffees , sorry, Soi 13/1 . . . .

The Second hand book shop above Tops - is not there anymore - he has moved to The Square where they have the TUESDAY and FRIDAY market next to South Pattaya Road and Soi Back-Cow. He is OPEN - Every Day. ( Three floors of books )

The Book shop next to KITTENS ( In Soi Post Office ) - do not sell Secondhand Books.

Opposite the Yensabbai Condo there is a Small secondhand charity Book shop - All books 60 Baht and you get money off your next book in return.

Canterbury Tales still has a large collection - but finding a book you want is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

• Like 2

Get yourself a Kindle or a Nook and never have to pay through the nose for a secondhand book again.

You say that,but for myself I got a kindle but just much prefer a real book, hardly ever use the kindle

I have been an avid book reader all my life (now 72) and initially thought that I wouldn't adapt to a Nook, but since buying one two years ago I have never looked back. Not only have I downloaded over a thousand books for free, I have been able to find books that I would never have found in a used bookshop.

• Like 2

Get yourself a Kindle or a Nook and never have to pay through the nose for a secondhand book again.

You say that,but for myself I got a kindle but just much prefer a real book, hardly ever use the kindle

I have been an avid book reader all my life (now 72) and initially thought that I wouldn't adapt to a Nook, but since buying one two years ago I have never looked back. Not only have I downloaded over a thousand books for free, I have been able to find books that I would never have found in a used bookshop.

Likewise. I got a Kindle a couple years ago. Took me a little while to feel comfortable with it as opposed to holding an actual book in my hand, but now love it. Get books instantly. No shipping charges. Can read them on the Kindle or my iPad. Easy to carry with me anywhere. Adjustable print size.

Any kind of reference book I still prefer a physical book, but for straight-forward reading I now prefer the Kindle.

The Second hand book shop above Tops - is not there anymore - he has moved to The Square where they have the TUESDAY and FRIDAY market next to South Pattaya Road and Soi Back-Cow. He is OPEN - Every Day. ( Three floors of books )

Soi Back-Cow. Love it. That soi produces some interesting interpretations.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

The Book shop next to KITTENS ( In Soi Post Office ) - do not sell Secondhand Books.

Opposite the Yensabbai Condo there is a Small secondhand charity Book shop - All books 60 Baht and you get money off your next book in return.

Canterbury Tales still has a large collection - but finding a book you want is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

mikebairdartist is referring to this shop http://pattayasecondhandbooks.com/ run by another Mike who used to have the shop above Tops

Edited by VBF

There is another that has not been mentioned, it used to be on Pattaya nua, part of the Success Inn shop complex.

It moved a few months ago to soi pothisan, naklua.

If you turned right at the traffic lights on the main naklua road in to soi pothisan, the shop would be a little way up on the left hand side

I have not been there for some time so unaware whether it is still there, used to have a reasonable selection of books

There is another that has not been mentioned, it used to be on Pattaya nua, part of the Success Inn shop complex.

It moved a few months ago to soi pothisan, naklua.

If you turned right at the traffic lights on the main naklua road in to soi pothisan, the shop would be a little way up on the left hand side

I have not been there for some time so unaware whether it is still there, used to have a reasonable selection of books

It han,t been mentioned because it closed about 18 months ago.

The guy that ran it now runs the stall at the dolphin roundabout which has been mentioned in this thread already.

Henry at Pattaya Auction House also has a book section which you can buy books the have already been through the auction but didn,t sell.

• Like 1

Pretty much the same story for me. My new Kindle Paperwhite sat for months. Have been using it recently though but frankly it's not a terribly good product, in my view. Always feel like it's something too fragile to drag around with me. It's slow too. But I like the Kindle for Mac. It actually works better on my iMac and iPhone. Have recently been thinking about getting an iPad model for this very reason. Better choice of background colours and the Mac version is super fast. Well, a better processor.

When you're looking for Second-hand Books in the Buakhao Market square, the shop's windows are screened in bright yellow. It's one shop away Country Road restaurant/bar.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 1

Never go in looking for a particular book. I go in searching through my favorite authors, that way I find lots of needles in the myriad haystacks. Canterbury tales is the only place I browse.

There's also a 2nd hand book shop in Jomtien , soi Chaiyapruek , about 400 meters from beach rd. I think the owner is Americsn.

Edited by balo

• 2 weeks later...