PM Prayut invites UAE to join border investment

webfact

PM invites UAE to join border investment

PNECO580115001001101_16012015_013050.jpg

BANGKOK, 16 January 2015 (NNT) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has invited the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to take part in economic development projects in border provinces.

While being paid a visit by UAE Ambassador to Thailand H.E. Mr Mohammed Ali Ahmed Omran Al Shamsi at Government House, PM Prayut expressed his appreciation towards the 40-year friendship between Thailand and the UAE. He also thanked the UAE for its continued support for various projects aimed at helping Muslim Thais, including masjid and school renovation, and sponsorship for Thais wishing to observe the Hajj pilgrimage in Mecca.

As he commended the UAE ambassador for his efforts to expand trade ties between the two countries, General Prayut took this opportunity to persuade the UAE to act as the regional distribution center of Thai agro-products, particularly rice, and take part in various investment projects in border provinces.

Regarding tourism, the premier assured the UAE that the country would try her best to facilitate UAE visitors. According to the UAE ambassador, the number of UAE tourists vacationing in Thailand is growing each year.

In 2014, the number of UAE people coming to Thailand for medical treatment purposes was recorded at 155,000. The UAE accounts for the second largest group of visitors to Thailand, compared to other Middle Eastern countries.

On this occasion, both sides agreed to conduct more exchanges of visits between delegates of all levels and discuss further cooperation in order to strengthen ties.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-16 footer_n.gif

He can't get any Western countries to join him so it's China, UAE and who else? N. Korea?

Already done and dusted; plus Germany and Italy on the agenda too.

My Q is; When will he approach the USA to come onboard? cheesy.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He can't get any Western countries to join him so it's China, UAE and who else? N. Korea?

Already done and dusted; plus Germany and Italy on the agenda too.

My Q is; When will he approach the USA to come onboard? cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- width=32 alt=cheesy.gif>

My A is another Q: Why do you think the USA hasn't appointed an ambassador to Thailand yet?

I wonder if they touched on the subject of extradition of a certain individual who has been camping in the UAE for awhile now...or possibly sorting out some accommodation for his sister tongue.png

Neilly: you beat me to it!

A long list of agenda topics, but nowhere is it hinted "you have something of ours we really want back".

Bet your life it was top of the agenda, but as the mentioning of the name of the 'certain individual' is something Dear Leader is desperate to suppress, won't appear in any Thai Censored 'news' item.