Shocker ! ! ! Andrew Drummond Leaving Thailand

Gonzo the Face

A post I saw some time ago from the moderator of another site, he was a teacher in Bkk some years ago. He comments on a story Drummond implicates him in

when I appeared in one of his columns, though I wasn't actually named. A very good friend who was also 'exposed' suffered very damaging consequences, career-wise, and for some time after publication I lived in fear for my job and life in Thailand. The article was 100% rubbish, he was clearly short of any actual stories at the time so just threw in whatever he could think of that would make it 'interesting'. Yes, it must happen all the time in journalism but sometimes it affects the lives of real, innocent, people for the sake of making a few baht.[/size]

was there any truth in this one either?[/size]

andrew-drummond.com/2014/08/sex-thaivisacom-unanswered-questions.html

Edited by bazmlb

Never heard of the guy. Has 0.0 effect on my world.

Had to google his name and then found his website. Looks like your typical expat trying make some money from a one man operation website. Doing what expats do best. Pissing and moaning about the foreign country they chose to live in.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

Andrew Drummond remained a mongoose in a den of snakes. My hat is off to him and I hope he enjoys life in civilization.

And like the good doppelgangers that they are, the Thai-farang snakes all act the same..like sycophants.. on the same brown-nosing trajectory..groveling to get into the good graces of the vertical hierarchy..the scumbags at the top of the putrid dung heap..

Signed,

Same sh--, different pile..min mak loy khrap!!sad.png

Regardless of whether you like Andrew Drummond's style of journalism or not, his departure is a very negative step for the expat community in Thailand.

Andrew has single handedly exposed the criminality of a number of expats who's income was derived from defrauding other expats.

The people he has exposed have painted themselves as respectable businessmen and have used Thailand's draconian libel laws to silence any exposure of their crimes.

These people haver brought libel charges against Andrew, each one of which, no matter how trivial, places him at risk of being imprisoned while he asks for and finds bail.

Consider then, a father of young children being continually dragged to court on trumpeted up cases, not knowing if he will be able to return home to his children.

I don't simply admire Andrew for his journalism, I have immense respect for his commitment and bravery - I and every law abiding foreigner in Thailand owe him a debt of gratitude for exposing foreign crooks and the dangers they pose to expats.

As we see from the posts above, he has the respect of so many TVF members - a respect he has earned the hard way.

I wish him all the best for his future.

He deserves better than the treatment he has received here.

Agree...

One pantopragmatic smatterer less, good riddance.

One gets the distinct impression that you were on the wrong side of his investigates and reporting at some point. a busybody? No I wouldn't think that fits........ smatterer, hardly; he shows a broad and frequently in depth knowledge of what he's writing about - mind you a lot of those unable to answer his postulations may try to belittle his efforts in that way - as you yourself appear to be demonstrating.

however I doubt if he will stop annoying you just because he's out of the country - I suspect he will in fact be invigorated by the relative freedom of speech back home - I look forward to his exposé!

• Like 1

Never heard of the guy. Has 0.0 effect on my world.

Had to google his name and then found his website. Looks like your typical expat trying make some money from a one man operation website. Doing what expats do best. Pissing and moaning about the foreign country they chose to live in.

Data and interpretation is not the same, only the union of both make information.

Data collected should be non-culturally biased facts, interpretations of data depend on a certain culture. Laws cover the latter. Anyone in Thailand can use the facts collected by Andrew and interpret them according to Thai norms, Europeans can interpret the same data accordingly to European norms - and the results may be different, even contradicting.

Defamation laws leave exits to get off looping (sorry for my IT jargon) Those exceptions are usually based on precedent cases where codified laws did not fit so well. In my somewhat cynical way to see things, I would like to say "lawtakers can become lawmakers" - that way you fight political jurisdiction, by correcting it.

• Like 1

Andrew Drummond remained a mongoose in a den of snakes. My hat is off to him and I hope he enjoys life in civilization.

And like the good doppelgangers that they are, the Thai-farang snakes all act the same..like sycophants.. on the same brown-nosing trajectory..groveling to get into the good graces of the vertical hierarchy..the scumbags at the top of the putrid dung heap..

Signed,

Are you having a breakdown, red and yellow? Your colors don't seem to match. Or is it a wee bit of tipple tonight? Can you spell it out in English we can all understand. How are Thai-foreigners doppelgangers? They are ghosts of each other? They resemble each other? What are you saying? And brown-nosing trajectory? Just what does that mean? If you stick your nose in someone else's ass, should that be a ... well, a decline? What is a vertical hierarchy? Aren't they all vertical? Isn't that what makes a hierarchy? Or are there horizontal hierarchies?

I think you are calling Andrew Drummond a scumbag, someone no different than the people he has gone after. Is that what your laokao induced post is trying to say?

• Like 1

Making enemies was inevitable in his line of work, exposing farang criminals, particularly in Pattaya, and the Thai police who variously share in their thefts and who also exploit and abuse farang,but the truth of the matter is that the boiler room shysters and their Thai protectors threatened him and his family again. That the Thai dysfunctional judicial system favours these people and have ruled against him in another case concerning the McMafia creeps in Pattaya hasn't helped either.

Sad day. One of the good guys and a great man to have on your side when in trouble with the bent Thai police etc.

I see at this point 64 TVFers liked this post. I wish there was also a method to post the UNLIKES other than not bothering at all but I would venture the unlikes of this would outweigh the likes 1000 times over.bah.gif

Signed,

Are you having a breakdown, red and yellow? Your colors don't seem to match. Or is it a wee bit of tipple tonight? Can you spell it out in English we can all understand. How are Thai-foreigners doppelgangers? They are ghosts of each other? They resemble each other? What are you saying? And brown-nosing trajectory? Just what does that mean? If you stick your nose in someone else's ass, should that be a ... well, a decline? What is a vertical hierarchy? Aren't they all vertical? Isn't that what makes a hierarchy? Or are there horizontal hierarchies?

I think you are calling Andrew Drummond a scumbag, someone no different than the people he has gone after. Is that what your laokao induced post is trying to say?

You are correct in your assumption I think you are calling Andrew Drummond a scumbag, someone no different than the people he has gone after. Is that what your laokao induced post is trying to say?

• Like 1

How the world changes. With the recent incidents in France, Canada, and the US the words "free speech" have been bantered around news agencies everywhere. Debates are raging what constitutes freedom of speech. As for Thailand I suspect it has a long way to go before allowing this. As I am sure most posters have seen in the past few days and weeks how powerful the simple act of drawing a cartoon or writing a news article can be. Many people have the ability to draw or write about their own opinions, very few have the ability to get their opinions viewed or read by the general public. The few that do it seems are being bullied (or in drastic cases, killed) for being able to get their opinions viewed by the masses. I have never read one of his articles but to believe that what he has done has never affected peoples lives.....would be misguided. The world needs these people, for good or not, as they create balance, stimulate conversations, and prove that freedom of speech is a necessity.

Edited by rct99q
  • Like 2

Signed,

I think Brian Goudie is at the top of the heap...Andrew is not a scumbag, sorry if you misinterpreted the intent..and i never wake up with a hangover (wai2.gif anymore)

One less Farang in Thailand. Take some more with you buddy.

How about you next? Iam pretty sure AD contributed far more to Thailand than you ever will.

But is he banned from here, and why if he is such a good contributer?

Because he tangled with another poster..........................

Drummond, I have on very good authority, is an OK sort of guy

Who is A. Drummond. cliff-notes please.

If you Google "self-glorifying low-life scum" his name should pop up.

This doesn't sound like a Scumbag to me!

In fact I would say a man of courage,integrity and a seeker of truth!

andrew-drummond.com/p/about.html

• Like 2

Oh by the way, I remember the thread and the other poster.............

no one super cedes the blether, or crosses Ian Forbes, or...

signed,

the silver spoon

I am intrigued r&y.

I used to be good at recognising former resurrectees, although like any good boy, I never kissed and told. But I spend little time on here now, and I can't be bothered to check your syntax and similarities.

But I still have certain reference points: check the post count, check the length of the post, and check the viral count within the post, the only person you come close to, is my old friend the Croc, as in Lacoste, but I haven't checked. Good Luck

Moss

Making enemies was inevitable in his line of work, exposing farang criminals, particularly in Pattaya, and the Thai police who variously share in their thefts and who also exploit and abuse farang,but the truth of the matter is that the boiler room shysters and their Thai protectors threatened him and his family again. That the Thai dysfunctional judicial system favours these people and have ruled against him in another case concerning the McMafia creeps in Pattaya hasn't helped either.

Sad day. One of the good guys and a great man to have on your side when in trouble with the bent Thai police etc.

I see at this point 64 TVFers liked this post. I wish there was also a method to post the UNLIKES other than not bothering at all but I would venture the unlikes of this would outweigh the likes 1000 times over.bah.gif
n

Opinion or fact? Your opinion is based on what? A little more research might alter your view of the FACTS

The world is a much better place with the likes of Andrew Drummond, who is as brave as any soldier. He knows the best (his Thai wife and kids, the food, most of the people, etc..) and the worst of Thailand, an utter dichotomy that would be beyond comprehension for many, but for journalists like Andrew, and Phuketwan Editor Alan Morison, who also fits the category of brave warrior, although these folks would deny it, such is their modest mentality..

But when the lowest common denominator of foreign scum pays off corrupt Thai police, and other assorted thugs, for any number of nefarious activities, where morals and ethics are found at the end of a gun barrel, or at the tip of a machete...whether we are reading about no good Goudie on Andrew Drummond.com, or the marginalized Rohingya on Phuketwan.com.

According to the thugs, Mr. Drummond's best-buy date was up years ago, yet he remains relatively fresh, quite undaunted, however cognizant that he has a family that has to come first. He's smart enough to know that he'd be little use to his cherished family, if the thugs (farang and Thai) got their way.

Whether Islam extremists, corrupt Thai police, or expat criminals languishing in Pattaya, all those with the conscience of a plastic flower, with the morals and ethics of a cornered rat, need to be put under the spotlight, or else the rats will continue their depravities, their scams, their murders unabated...in murky shadows, where they prefer to be of course.

Virtually every one of them are cowards, when isolated. Consequently, folks of this ilk stick together, like sh-- on a blanket.

Journalists like Andrew and Alan are in the same category as Charlie Hebdo, they are modest, albeit imperfect people, light years ahead of their adversaries, in terms of a moral compass. Now it's up to readers of conscience, to help them, to emulate them in some small way, like sharing information that could save lives. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Well said! and post No 7 as well, the guy stuck his life on the line he probably loves Thailand and very sad to see him go.

• Like 2

I cant help wondering if the Kho Tao case was the preverbial straw that broke the camels back...... I hope he can shed some infornation from the safety of the UK.

Good luck Andrew and thank you.

• Like 2