name me a condo in pattaya for around 1M, need a good deal.

Even in 2009 I doubt you got very much in CM for that money, I will take a guess and say it was either PP condos, SR Complex or Lanna Nakkon, which to be fair is the bottom end of the market.

Come to think of it, it was Pavipol Tower or something like that. A 3rd floor (less desirable) unit. I think the building has 14 floors. Quite run down but very livable for someone on a budget.

prices in nirun have doubled ? take the bolls outta your mouth !! must be a lot of lucky guys living in nirun then but all i see are alcoholics and wasters around there.

Well if you are looking to spend only million Baht on an apartment

This is the sort of place you will be living

No,your right prices of Nirun condos are half what they were when Nirun was built

I just talked to a Thai owner in Pattaya plaza condotel , her room is for sale for 660.000 baht. So yes you can do a good deal.

But most probably the standard of the room is not up to date. But studio size is around 40 sqm .

I just talked to a Thai owner in Pattaya plaza condotel , her room is for sale for 660.000 baht. So yes you can do a good deal.

But most probably the standard of the room is not up to date. But studio size is around 40 sqm .

Not surprise with the price

http://www.2thai.asia/media/cache/uploads/photos_objects/1150/pattaya-plaza-condotel_5.da1acbd6e938.jpg

http://www.2thai.asia/media/cache/uploads/photos_objects/1150/pattaya-plaza-condotel_5.da1acbd6e938.jpg

Well, at least the swimming pool area is nice, I've seen it myself so thats a start. If you add 300k to upgrade the room still cheap and good value.

Edited by balo

Well, at least the swimming pool area is nice, I've seen it myself so thats a start. If you add 300k to upgrade the room still cheap and good value.

No point building a 6-star hotel in the midst of a slum. From the photo, juristic has no power. One building has been repainted and the other not. Owners installing windows on balconies or hanging canvases out of building lines.

The lack of uniformity and control would suggest problems collecting common fees and poor upkeeping. Would you stay in such a community? And would your future potential buyer?

Yes but can it be sold to a non Thai

I never asked. Probably a thai owner so that will increase the cost if you want it in your own name .

Yes you can instead buy new ones , small size 28 sqm units for around 1 million instead of living in a "slum". Up to you.

Sorry. Definately not jomtien area i do not like the place to be honest though i would venture as far as view talay. If i find somwhere i like i may just take the plunge at least for somewhere to call my own and rent to friends and family plus a small investment for my daughter when she hits 17 year old. By the way what are visa rules based on condo ownership.

Obviously you haven't been here that long to know too much about visa rules and condo

ownership as there is no relevance between the two.

You haven't stated whether you wish to buy in your name (foreign ownership) or not?

as that reflects the price considerably.

Your best chance is if you find something in VT1, but that's about it, anything else in the Pattaya

area will be old and run down for <1M bt.

I never asked. Probably a thai owner so that will increase the cost if you want it in your own name .

Yes you can instead buy new ones , small size 28 sqm units for around 1 million instead of living in a "slum". Up to you.

WHAT, "a good deal", 660,000 baht, and not up to date. Then you say its a slum, so buy a new one for 1 million.

No point building a 6-star hotel in the midst of a slum. From the photo, juristic has no power. One building has been repainted and the other not. Owners installing windows on balconies or hanging canvases out of building lines.

The lack of uniformity and control would suggest problems collecting common fees and poor upkeeping.

Are we certain that both those buildings are the same Juristic Person?

In my experience they are more likely to be independently managed.

WHAT, "a good deal", 660,000 baht, and not up to date. Then you say its a slum, so buy a new one for 1 million.

For some people it might be considered a slum building but when I looked inside some of the units were nicely decorated, but the building didnt look very attractive to me. Compare it with a new condo and it will be like night and day. But if you want a big room and can afford an upgrade and don't mind a few holes in the wall outside, go for it.

well what im thinking is.....i dont really care about buying a condo but if i can clinch a deal i will. if someone in patttaya has a condo up for 1.7 i will offer him 1m , up to him if he needs the rent because there are plenty out there who want to sell up at a loss. so as the same as any agent i will do the same , make an offer and if i get a deal then happy days , if i dont i dont ......

easy come easy go. its business.

Go do it then!

What i dont get is why you ask here. You think someone legit is gonna give you leads on a deal. The only deals that show up here is cow khrap.................hahahaha!

Edited by Rajhulmaheesh

The lack of uniformity and control would suggest problems collecting common fees and poor upkeeping.

Are we certain that both those buildings are the same Juristic Person?

In my experience they are more likely to be independently managed.

From the photo, the fence and property entrance looks way back. This project may well have 4-5 committees,one for each building and a central juristic body to manage the common properties like roads, car park and swimming pool.

This makes standardizing common fees and collection more problematic.

Go on tell me...where im going to get a better deal than that....im waiting

Right across the road from where you supposedly bought already.giggle.gif Half the price to be precise

you bought across road from unixx for 1mill with a foreign name ? wise up and grow up coffee1.gif

Edited by dirtycash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nirun is not as bad as is tainted as is many similar complexes. it central and have many bars/shops within easy distance also big c,and you could easily buy a small condo for under 500 k or a larger unit for about 1kk,please don't knock it if you havent lived there.

Nirun is situated oppposite big c pattaya klang in soi arunothai.

As for handing down property to family it a no no unless they on the deeds,i believe or am led to believe.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

Nirun is not as bad as is tainted as is many similar complexes. it central and have many bars/shops within easy distance also big c,and you could easily buy a small condo for under 500 k or a larger unit for about 1kk,please don't knock it if you havent lived there.

As for handing down property to family it a no no unless they on the deeds,i believe or am led to believe.

I went to nirun recently to view a 37sqm apt. As soon as i stepped into building i realised i couldnt live there. The inside corridors ( i wont call them hallways ) are dark and bleak and and you would think you were in an asylum. You can hear everything inside each condo. Its noisy. Even the outside resembles a prison camp . Its absolutely filthy with many condos hanging dirty washing out over bslconies. I see tramps beggers hanging about i see down on their luck farangs sitting drinking chang at 9am un morning . The swimming pool i seen around 8 years ago was absolutely appalling and discusting and its no different now. Anyone want to prove me wrong then post some pics here. I would not put a dog into that sh**hole. So brit_doggie your talking nonsense.

• Like 1

I went to nirun recently to view a 37sqm apt. As soon as i stepped into building i realised i couldnt live there. The inside corridors ( i wont call them hallways ) are dark and bleak and and you would think you were in an asylum. You can hear everything inside each condo. Its noisy. Even the outside resembles a prison camp . Its absolutely filthy with many condos hanging dirty washing out over bslconies. I see tramps beggers hanging about i see down on their luck farangs sitting drinking chang at 9am un morning . The swimming pool i seen around 8 years ago was absolutely appalling and discusting and its no different now. Anyone want to prove me wrong then post some pics here. I would not put a dog into that sh**hole. So brit_doggie your talking nonsense.

Was that "brit_doggie" drinking chang this morning at Nirun ?

• Like 1

Wow, lots of angst here about what is essentially the cost of a cheap second hand car...

Hint... If you're looking to buy a property for 1Million THB (£20,000... $32,000 US)... , don't look for it in an area that has visitors who are happy to spend 10-20,000 THB a day

Edit: My p**s poor maths...

Edited by JB300