Hooters opening in Pattaya!

MZurf

Now there's a headline that makes sense! Unfortunately this is not yet true but it would make perfect business sense in Pattaya, right? Not an establishment I have frequented often but every now and then I went there with friends to enjoy the real and authentic American food (chicken wings with hot sauce)tongue.png

"Delightfully Tacky, Yet Unrefined!" is their motto, and that suits IMO our fair city rather well.

Edited by MZurf
  • Like 1

The last Hooters I was in was in Tokyo a few years ago. Took my wife there as she wanted to know what it was all about (I didn't want to go, honest!wink.png) . As with most things she took it all in stride and we ended up having a fun couple of hours. Must admit it gave me a bit of a chuckle when the tiny (but very well endowed by Japanese standards) waitresses bellowed "WELCOME TO HOOTERS!!" as we walked through the door.

Maybe Hooters isn't for Pattaya, but what about a gay equivalent of it? What would you call a gay version of Hooters?

May not be long...

There is one in Phuket and just read an article saying that Hooters is planning on opening additional locations in South Easy Asia...

Also that Thailand would be one of the first countries for additional locations...

http://m.fsrmagazine.com/chain-restaurants/30-hooters-locations-coming-southeast-asia

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/01/22/hooters-is-expanding-throughout-southeast-asia/

Edited by CWMcMurray

The last Hooters I was in was in Tokyo a few years ago. Took my wife there as she wanted to know what it was all about (I didn't want to go, honest!wink.png) . As with most things she took it all in stride and we ended up having a fun couple of hours. Must admit it gave me a bit of a chuckle when the tiny (but very well endowed by Japanese standards) waitresses bellowed "WELCOME TO HOOTERS!!" as we walked through the door.

Maybe Hooters isn't for Pattaya, but what about a gay equivalent of it? What would you call a gay version of Hooters?

Why would gays in Pattaya want a G-rated flesh titillation restaurant with crappy American food any more than straights?

Anyway, it's a fair question about the name ... it would have to be an ANIMAL to mirror Hooters.

So far all I've got is

ANACONDAS

It would be better to be about buns, but what animal name works for that?

OK, I've got a good one and it's also a BIRD!

But it has been done before in real life.

The White Swallow

post-37101-0-24206100-1422301208_thumb.j

Pictured actually is a White RUMPED Swallow (OMG!)

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

May not be long...

There is one in Phuket and just read an article saying that Hooters is planning on opening additional locations in South Easy Asia...

Also that Thailand would be one of the first countries for additional locations...

http://m.fsrmagazine.com/chain-restaurants/30-hooters-locations-coming-southeast-asia

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/01/22/hooters-is-expanding-throughout-southeast-asia/

Ahh..how I wish that was true!

Why would gays in Pattaya want a G-rated flesh titillation restaurant with crappy American food any more than straights?

Anyway, it's a fair question about the name ... it would have to be an ANIMAL to mirror Hooters.

Because gays are refined, untacky and never flamboyanttongue.png

I do not agree with the assertion that it would have to be a name associated with an animal. I imagined something like;

-Big Balls of Fire (imaging the sign that could be made out of that name!)

-Rocketman

-Jinglebells

TarzanNotJane

The possibilities are endless!

If it was a literal copy of Hooters, it would have to have a BIRD in it.

Yeah there have been Hooters-like gay restaurants in the U.S. ... serving basic American food with cute gay waiters showing a little flesh ... I just don't see the demand HERE.

Hooters is a major brand so I think there might some at least one off curiosity demand here for that ... and you can bring the kids right?

The last time I was in Puerto Vallarta Hooters seemed to be doing really well ... but so many Americans there ...

Edited by Jingthing

The last time I was in Puerto Vallarta Hooters seemed to be doing really well ... but so many Americans there ...

I never went to a Hooters. I guess, it's a American thing. Only looking but no touching. Then i prefer a Beer Bar with some chicks, beers and street-food.

• Like 1

If they did open and had US prices it would be cheaper than many western places here. Restaurant prices in some of these places are crazy when you consider labor costs.

If they stuck to chicken wings and local beer served by scantily clad girls or boys it would not have to be expensive. Tacky and unrefined rarely is!