90 day reporting - Phuket

In 10 years of coming to Thailand, this is the first time I've actually required a 90 day reporting which I attempted this morning in Phuket town.. I took my passport and copy of the lease (english only) that I have for the house I have rented here for a 6 month period.. I thought all I had to do was verbally tell them the address of where I am staying.. the immigration officer read through the lease, which is between me and a German foreigner (who is married to a Thai wife and lives in Udonthani). The officer then tells me I need a photocopy of the German's passport before he can process my address reporting. I pointed out to the officer that the address I was reporting is the same address that was shown on my arrival card when I entered the country back in November, but he said that made no difference..

I didn't ask, and the officer never mentioned if I need any other documentation regarding my landlord or the property.. in fact, the property I am renting is in the name of his Thai wife, and the German has a long-term lease for the property with his wife. I don't have copies of the property title or the lease between them, although they were shown to me at the time I signed my lease. Is it possible I will go back there with a copy of the German guy's passport and they will send me back again for more documentation?

Also, is it still possible to do this reporting at the Patong immigration office as well? If so, likely to be the same request for documentation?

Edited by sunluvr

Some immigration offices want to see the lease and the signed copy of ID-card of the house owner.

Patong is a sub-office of Phuket, they will probably want to see the same documents.

Try with to have the landlord sign a copy of his passport and scan it and email it to you in the hope that will be enough.

Normally Phuket doesn't require the address papers if you only do a 90 Day reporting.

But if the lease papers are provided then they will check it and try to the address registration at the same time.

If you use the lease agreement to prove your address then you will need a signed copy of his passport.

They can ask for the house paper (Tambien Ban) together with the lease agreement and in this case you need a signed copy of the Thai ID card as she is the owner of the house.

Officially the house owner has to sign address registration form but it is normally accepted that you sign it if the owner is not available.

seems like a huge pain in the a** just to report my address.. if I'd have known I'd be faced with this i would have planned a 1-2 day excursion out of the country somewhere, come back in (I have a 1 year non-O multiple entry visa), write the same address on my new arrival card and be done with it...

seems like a huge pain in the a** just to report my address.. if I'd have known I'd be faced with this i would have planned a 1-2 day excursion out of the country somewhere, come back in (I have a 1 year non-O multiple entry visa), write the same address on my new arrival card and be done with it...

Would be nice if it was so easy and logical at the same time.

I'm betting your landlord didn't register you on their system like he should do now. If he had I don't believe you'd need any tenancy/ID papers, as this was similar to my first report. The first time they said I wasn't on their system and wanted my tenancy agreement and landlord ID, but the second time I was already on their system so they just wanted my passport and it was done in a few minutes.

UPDATE:

This morning I decided to give the Patong office a try.. arrived there just before opening at 10, was in the queue less than 10 minutes.. being a much smaller office then Phuket town and not quite as organized but also much fewer people there, and a friendly young Thai girl with good english skills did a good job of grouping people according to what service they were after and queuing us up accordingly.. once inside, I gave the officer my passport and photocopies, after 2 or 3 minutes he asked for my address, I handed him my street address, handwritten by me on a scrap piece of paper, a couple more minutes of inputting, printing and signing and I was on my way... no mention of any lease, rental or any question about my address.. well done Patong!! I will go there next time instead of Phuket town anytime I need any of the services they can provide..

I have no idea how sophisticated their system is, if they input my address and at some point determine the landlord/owner hasn't done the reporting he should have, that's not my problem.. maybe he had done so, and when they input the address I gave them, it matched so all was good...rather skeptical about the latter being the case.. either way, I'm good for now..

alos, there was no mention of any 100 baht fee either..

also confirmed, reporting can be done 15 days prior and up to 7 days after without any penalty

UPDATE:

This morning I decided to give the Patong office a try.. arrived there just before opening at 10, was in the queue less than 10 minutes.. being a much smaller office then Phuket town and not quite as organized but also much fewer people there, and a friendly young Thai girl with good english skills did a good job of grouping people according to what service they were after and queuing us up accordingly.. once inside, I gave the officer my passport and photocopies, after 2 or 3 minutes he asked for my address, I handed him my street address, handwritten by me on a scrap piece of paper, a couple more minutes of inputting, printing and signing and I was on my way... no mention of any lease, rental or any question about my address.. well done Patong!! I will go there next time instead of Phuket town anytime I need any of the services they can provide..

I have no idea how sophisticated their system is, if they input my address and at some point determine the landlord/owner hasn't done the reporting he should have, that's not my problem.. maybe he had done so, and when they input the address I gave them, it matched so all was good...rather skeptical about the latter being the case.. either way, I'm good for now..

alos, there was no mention of any 100 baht fee either..

also confirmed, reporting can be done 15 days prior and up to 7 days after without any penalty

90 day reporting can be done in Patong Immigration which is free.

But to register your address you have to go to Phuket town as Patong Immigration does not do this and which is also free.