BBC makes unlikely star of Bangkok airport immigration officer 'Capt. Jack'

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Have a nice trip" he said clap2.gif

In more then 80 times passing Thai immigration at SVB i have never ever seen them say anything to welcome a tourist. wai2.gifwhistling.gifgiggle.gif

Heard this a lot, may be it is just the times some people fly (busy times????). I have never had a miserable Thai immigration person at Swampy (or Dongwan before that). Last time I arrived after a trip home (March 2012) it was quite busy at immigration (queue wise), the immigration guy was very friendly, asked if I could talk Thai (having seen my marriage visa), and we chatted for a few minutes about my kids and stuff in both Thai and English - nice chap, smiled all the time. I find the older males are best to go to - women always look miserable so I aim to avoid them.

I saw the program on my usually streaming site, but avoided it as I thought it would either be the usual every-expat-is-a-sex-pat thing or looking down the nose at Thais - from the comments above though it seems not - so may watch a few episodes to see. As a Brit here, I try to avoid such programming as its just so embarrassing and shaming watching the idiots that get chosen for 5 minute "stardom" - I guess every country has their muppets, but the UK media seems to love to air our dirty laundry at every opportunity!

Published on 12 Feb 2015

It's Valentine's Day at the airport - romance blossoms for immigration officers Bert and Nat, Captain Jack shares the secrets of a successful marriage and there are free hugs for every passenger. wub.png
Justin jets in for cosmetic surgery to perk up his love life, Liverpudlian Nathan introduces his parents to his new Thai boyfriend and a distraught Swiss traveller is stood up by his internet girlfriend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWQdGR9Sc4I

Hope this works.

Win thumbsup.gif

Published on 12 Feb 2015

It's Valentine's Day at the airport - romance blossoms for immigration officers Bert and Nat, Captain Jack shares the secrets of a successful marriage and there are free hugs for every passenger. wub.png

Justin jets in for cosmetic surgery to perk up his love life, Liverpudlian Nathan introduces his parents to his new Thai boyfriend and a distraught Swiss traveller is stood up by his internet girlfriend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWQdGR9Sc4I

Hope this works.

Win thumbsup.gif

watched it last night......they made a big deal about the gay guy , until the parents show up and say he has been "out" for years.....but that would not have made a good preview !

and why is it the airlines / airports problem when all these idiots get to the Airport late and miss the flight home ?

Go 2-3 HOURS early and quit whining ?

feel sorry for the Swiss guy as it looked like he never said "such is life" and just had a fun vacation without the "girlfriend"

Overall I enjoy the program , and i will check my passport , get to airport early , and smile a lot !

For those with access to the BBC it was on BBC3 at various times latest being 03-00 26/Jan/2015 first one of six.

I will leave comment to others who have watched it (yes, I watched it all the way through), let me just say some people should not be allowed out of their homes, let alone into foreign countries.

It was a concise well argued presentation for the case for introducing the requirement to hold a breeding license in the UK.

If I had made the same post like you, then a big part of the TVF crowd would shouting at me

"Nazi, Gestapo, SS methods etc.", but I have to agree with you.

For almost everything you need now a licence in germany, but the top is norway to use a big grinder in a company, you need to go 1 day to a course for big money to catch a certificate, that you can use legally the grinder.

On the other hand every social scum can still breeding like hell, without any education or licence at all.

"Have a nice trip" he said clap2.gif

In more then 80 times passing Thai immigration at SVB i have never ever seen them say anything to welcome a tourist. wai2.gifwhistling.gifgiggle.gif

I would just call it Propaganda, to attract more tourists, anyway I see as an improvment, better as a ridiculous prognosis, or just to fake tourists statistics.

I was kind of surprised he was married.

Just goes to show, shouldn't judge a person on initial impressions.

Or trailers for tv shows.

Yes I wouldn't be dropping the soap in the shower with Captain Jack around !

To dropping the soap I would not be afraid, but to bend over and to pick it up. whistling.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gif

Not exactly a showcase of quality tourists.

I think you did'nt got the clue, the TAT like to show with what a kind of ppl the Immigration have to deal and the officers are still friendly, this is just propaganda.

Anyway the time will show, we should measure them on their deeds and not on the speech, give them a chance.

On the other hand they should better put this morons a stamp on their backside and send them home.

This could be a title for the next clip.

"We don't like morons as these in our country, we like high quality tourists, to enjoy LOS and spending a fortune". whistling.gifwink.pngthumbsup.gif

It's like a bizzare opposite world.

Immigration officers smiling.

Tourist police smiling and helping a guy with no money book an airline ticket.

Airline staff running around looking for a guy's lost passport.

This video is total fiction. No one at the airport acts like any of these people.

This is just a desperate try to attract more tourists to visit LOS. whistling.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

I wonder how much money the thai "girlfriend" managed to get from that older Swiss man who showed up at the airport and found out she was married with kids? He never saw it coming did he? Another hopeless victim of internet "dating".

After 5 episodes its run out of interest for me. I did feel sorry for that Afghan vet in episode 5 with all of his injuries and the detrimental effect its had on his life. Don't think we needed to see that Swedish womans dog bites being cleaned out.

I wonder how much money the thai "girlfriend" managed to get from that older Swiss man who showed up at the airport and found out she was married with kids? He never saw it coming did he? Another hopeless victim of internet "dating".

Yes. Maybe the saddest part of the series so far. Even the cops started crying.

Since I'm in the UK this programme satisfies a bit of a "Thai fix" when needed. After the first episode I did have my doubts and again it reinforced my "some people really are too stupid to be allowed to travel" thoughts but then it's TV and how many people pass through that airport and never have had a problem opposed to those individuals highlighted for "good TV."

Incidentally, next week's episode seemingly centres around last January's problems in Bangkok - might be interesting to see how things are portrayed?

Yes. Maybe the saddest part of the series so far. Even the cops started crying.

If I remember correctly they never explained to him her family situation. It was all spoken of in Thai.

Saw the latest last night ,

it was a decent show, a few more idiots , but none that really blamed the Tourist police for losing passports , showing up late etc

I must say when I fly back to the USA I never see this kind of drama ,

I guess it is not the place that Americians 20 somethings go to party,,

And I am glad that they have a way of banning people from the flight , I would hate to be next to the lady having a panic attack for 10-12 hours

or have to land the plane somewhere else to take a sick flyer to a hospital

one more show to go and then we will see if it comes back next year !

The ex Grenadier seemed just another Brit who should not be let out alone until his story was told, felt sorry for him.

Do not know if it is actually true the TP girl paid out of her own pocket for taxi for the guy, would like to think Auntie Beeb paid for that as the camera man went with him, maybe a nice thing to do would be one of those boxes people put left over Baht's in was a fund to help those in genuine need.

The ex Grenadier seemed just another Brit who should not be let out alone until his story was told, felt sorry for him.

Do not know if it is actually true the TP girl paid out of her own pocket for taxi for the guy, would like to think Auntie Beeb paid for that as the camera man went with him, maybe a nice thing to do would be one of those boxes people put left over Baht's in was a fund to help those in genuine need.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did give him the money out of their own pockets. Thais can be quite caring to strangers, especially if they take a shine to them. I also felt that he seemed like a good egg and I think that the tourist police girls there felt the same.

Good idea about the donation box.

Not that im against such,.... but are they sure Captn Jack is not bent??? - he is just like two thai lads i know.

They can't be sure, there have been many gay men married to a woman and have children.

But it doesn't matter anyway does it, as far as immigration guys go he seems pleasant enough.

For those with access to the BBC it was on BBC3 at various times latest being 03-00 26/Jan/2015 first one of six.

I will leave comment to others who have watched it (yes, I watched it all the way through), let me just say some people should not be allowed out of their homes, let alone into foreign countries.

It was a concise well argued presentation for the case for introducing the requirement to hold a breeding license in the UK.

If I had made the same post like you, then a big part of the TVF crowd would shouting at me

"Nazi, Gestapo, SS methods etc.", but I have to agree with you.

For almost everything you need now a licence in germany, but the top is norway to use a big grinder in a company, you need to go 1 day to a course for big money to catch a certificate, that you can use legally the grinder.

On the other hand every social scum can still breeding like hell, without any education or licence at all.

Not too sure about a breeding licence! A country gets the citizens it deserves. But there should be given serious thought about just who should be able to get a passport.