Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Who is gonna play left back tomorrow then?

Gallas? Bale?

Looks like Parker still isn't fit either. Not much good news in the run up to this one.

Thats a difficult one. Gallas is a better defender and a good left back but doesn't have any pace left in him. Reckon it depends on who plays right side for them and i can't remember who that is.

Think i might take us losing today if it means getting rid of <deleted> face 46.gif

I'm afraid i'm going to have to agree with you on this. It is imperative that he with the face of a ball bag is terminated for the greater good. Am i alone in being intensely irritated by how quickly he's started gobbing off to the press about transfers and our players, within hours of Roy's appointment?

i would also like to see Don Fabio replace him. Problem is, would a top notch manager join us if we were not in the CL? Very questionable.

Who is gonna play left back tomorrow then?

Gallas? Bale?

Looks like Parker still isn't fit either. Not much good news in the run up to this one.

Thats a difficult one. Gallas is a better defender and a good left back but doesn't have any pace left in him. Reckon it depends on who plays right side for them and i can't remember who that is.

Probably Duff.

Good news for your lot is that Dempsey doesnt play.

Think i might take us losing today if it means getting rid of <deleted> face 46.gif

I'm afraid i'm going to have to agree with you on this. It is imperative that he with the face of a ball bag is terminated for the greater good. Am i alone in being intensely irritated by how quickly he's started gobbing off to the press about transfers and our players, within hours of Roy's appointment?

i would also like to see Don Fabio replace him. Problem is, would a top notch manager join us if we were not in the CL? Very questionable.

Agreed. Get CL and still sack him Daniel!

And there you have it.... Absolute hypocrites the lot of you!

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

We won't be standing there shouting for his sacking at the end of the match win or lose. Its classless that sort of thing Dev.

We won't be standing there shouting for his sacking at the end of the match win or lose. Its classless that sort of thing Dev.

true smokie !!!

you lot will just spend most of the post season summer and the pre 2012/2013 season moaning about everything just as you always do. biggrin.png

i mean, what would the football forum be without a bunch of moaning spuds. i ask you ? rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

have fun !laugh.pngwink.png

• Like 1

Can you explain more 39.gif

And there you have it! The juvenile posts of the self pitying no one understands us cos you're not a son of Liverpuddle were so different Dev! dear dear mate, call me spiteful and not a nice person yet you come on here trying to stir it up.

Well i'll leave you with something to ponder....unlike Liverpool and Blackburn fans, atleast we support our team and don't try and undermine them just because we want to change our manager. To us the team comes first and always will. We'd never stand for that garbage behaviour that you lot were so proud of. The behaviour of your fans towards your incumbant manager was a disgrace. Ofcourse the rest of us know that you would almost certainly have done a lot better keeping Woy

Your league position and you one eyed manager with the '80's style of football tells the tale and proves you get what you deserve...a worhless piece of silverware that no one else really gives a dam_n about except a one eyed manager trying to prove he should keep his overpaid job.

You reap what you sow..som nom na clap2.gif

Oh and btw, just to remind you, whilst the bastions of invincibility wallow around mid table we finished top four again and once again well above you. thumbsup.gif

well we got 4th, after a game were Fulham deserved so much more. Im also glad Wales did not qualify for the Euros, as Bale sure needs a rest. He has been average for the last 3 months. Sandro again had a stormer of a game, and if he plays like this next year, it will be difficult for Parker to keep his place.

I really hope we sign Dembele, he is just fantastic. Would be a perfect match up to VdV. Now we just need Bayern M to do their job and we are up for qualification to CL. You guys still remember the first 30 minutes away to Young Boys? So close to getting kicked out before it started.

well we got 4th, after a game were Fulham deserved so much more. Im also glad Wales did not qualify for the Euros, as Bale sure needs a rest. He has been average for the last 3 months. Sandro again had a stormer of a game, and if he plays like this next year, it will be difficult for Parker to keep his place.

I really hope we sign Dembele, he is just fantastic. Would be a perfect match up to VdV. Now we just need Bayern M to do their job and we are up for qualification to CL. You guys still remember the first 30 minutes away to Young Boys? So close to getting kicked out before it started.

Agree with all of that.

Teams being allowed to compete in europe on astro turf is a farce and should not be allowed. What i remember most about that game was Tom Huddlestone coming on and transforming us, spraying the ball beautifully and Pav showing just what he can really do when he is up for it.

Having Hudd back next season is going to be a huge bonus for us.

Agree with all of that.

Teams being allowed to compete in europe on astro turf is a farce and should not be allowed. What i remember most about that game was Tom Huddlestone coming on and transforming us, spraying the ball beautifully and Pav showing just what he can really do when he is up for it.

Having Hudd back next season is going to be a huge bonus for us.

Good posts gents. We would have been delighted with fourth place at the beginning of the season and given the dreadful run we have had it is a bonus to finish where we have.

Let's see what the summer brings us. Surely players will be going both directions and I hope we have a decent net spend this time round.

Bastion of Invincibility ,,, what an embarrassingly sad thing to put after your post's, surely 'bastions of invisibility' would be currently more applicable !!!!

Any way back to spurs thingys and yes given fourth pre season, 4 sure I would have taken it, but given some of the football we've played and the lead we'd built up over the arse wipes, and in spite of ari limitations, not to be sitting above them and avoiding the qualifying stages of the champs league 4 me, is a disappointment, I know you cant argue with the final table, but it could be argued our football and the entertainment we gave along the way deserved more, then left hoping an English team doesn't win the champs league!!!!!, but hey ho. Oh Dembelie? looks good but what EXTRA would he give the team? he's quick footed 4 sure but do we need that? has he got pace? strength ? 4 me A big defo NO, If he signs 4 us lets hope i'm wrong and he prove's a hit but best i could see 4 him is on the bench behind kranks hudd and sandro and or parker, best he joins someone like liverpool where the midfield is made up and accustomed and accommodate's player's that struggle to make the step up.

Edited by rijit

. Oh Dembelie? looks good but what EXTRA would he give the team? he's quick footed 4 sure but do we need that? has he got pace? strength ? 4 me A big defo NO, If he signs 4 us lets hope i'm wrong and he prove's a hit but best i could see 4 him is on the bench behind kranks hudd and sandro and or parker, best he joins someone like liverpool where the midfield is made up and accustomed and accommodate's player's that struggle to make the step up.

Dont see him as a contender for a place in the middle, but more of the man behind the striker. 4411 seems to be our best formation, and with VdV fitness issues Dembele would get plenty of playing time. He is still a young player, and will develop further, especially infront of the goal. But Levys most important assignment this summer, must be to ensure Modric stays and bringing in a striker that can lead the line. If that man is Adebayor or someone else, I dont care. But we cant be stuck with Saha and Defoe.

. Oh Dembelie? looks good but what EXTRA would he give the team? he's quick footed 4 sure but do we need that? has he got pace? strength ? 4 me A big defo NO, If he signs 4 us lets hope i'm wrong and he prove's a hit but best i could see 4 him is on the bench behind kranks hudd and sandro and or parker, best he joins someone like liverpool where the midfield is made up and accustomed and accommodate's player's that struggle to make the step up.

Dont see him as a contender for a place in the middle, but more of the man behind the striker. 4411 seems to be our best formation, and with VdV fitness issues Dembele would get plenty of playing time. He is still a young player, and will develop further, especially infront of the goal. But Levys most important assignment this summer, must be to ensure Modric stays and bringing in a striker that can lead the line. If that man is Adebayor or someone else, I dont care. But we cant be stuck with Saha and Defoe.

Yeah he defo needs to improve in front of goal, 1 goal every 10/11 games for fulham ain't near good to get anywhere near replacing or challenging for V D V position, Imo At the mo he's just another midfielder,what ever you want to call him. player? with potential, and frankly weve got enuf there to cover AND SOME, let him develop and get regular footie at fulham 4 another season and then, maybe, look again. As for modric staying, 4 me it's 50 / 50 levy's done his part, got him on and sort of held him 2 a lengthy contract, seems it all will hinge if we qualify for the champs league and progress, we do , he probably will stay, fail and he's off 4 sure. As for the striker, for sure that needs sorting, Saha needs to go, Defoe, will be difficult and VVV expensive to replace, agreed adeboy or who ever leadin the line needs sortin,as we've gone from 3 options crouch pav and if adeboy dont sign to zero options.

thats one for levy to work on 4 sure. Me, ide like some more pace down the flanks, when we've lost bale and or lennon weve REALLY struggled.

Bastion of Invincibility ,,, what an embarrassingly sad thing to put after your post's, surely 'bastions of invisibility' would be currently more applicable !!!!

Any way back to spurs thingys and yes given fourth pre season, 4 sure I would have taken it, but given some of the football we've played and the lead we'd built up over the arse wipes, and in spite of ari limitations, not to be sitting above them and avoiding the qualifying stages of the champs league 4 me, is a disappointment, I know you cant argue with the final table, but it could be argued our football and the entertainment we gave along the way deserved more, then left hoping an English team doesn't win the champs league!!!!!, but hey ho. Oh Dembelie? looks good but what EXTRA would he give the team? he's quick footed 4 sure but do we need that? has he got pace? strength ? 4 me A big defo NO, If he signs 4 us lets hope i'm wrong and he prove's a hit but best i could see 4 him is on the bench behind kranks hudd and sandro and or parker, best he joins someone like liverpool where the midfield is made up and accustomed and accommodate's player's that struggle to make the step up.

nothing embarrassing for me about a Shankly quote.

"our football and entertainment deserved more" now that's embarrassing !

Yeah ,make's sense you've probably forgot about good entertaining football,shame cos still reckon that 78/9/80 team of yours was the best team I've EVER seen but going back to what you said the big word, i know it might difficult for you 2 understand or get the point , but the phrase was 'could be argued', meaning it was a point of view, not necessarily the correct one, but a point of view And as for quoting a rather clumsy dated Shankly quote , LOL about sums up where your club, living well in the past, but how longs he been dead? and TBH the way your club treated him whilst he was alive, well to say youre club helped him 2 an early grave, for a lot of people wouldn't be an understatement,

something IMO liverpool football club should be well ashamed off.

Yeah ,make's sense you've probably forgot about good entertaining football,shame cos still reckon that 78/9/80 team of yours was the best team I've EVER seen but going back to what you said the big word, i know it might difficult for you 2 understand or get the point , but the phrase was 'could be argued', meaning it was a point of view, not necessarily the correct one, but a point of view And as for quoting a rather clumsy dated Shankly quote , LOL about sums up where your club, living well in the past, but how longs he been dead? and TBH the way your club treated him whilst he was alive, well to say youre club helped him 2 an early grave, for a lot of people wouldn't be an understatement,

something IMO liverpool football club should be well ashamed off.

cheesy.gif I really don't know where to start with this one.

Perhaps the Club could of offered him something upstairs after his retirement (which was his choice) but we will never know if the man who was so proud would of wanted such a position on the board - your confusing the fans, the people with the then Directors.

Apparently Luka Modric says he will decide on his future after the euros...didn't take long for him to start things off again did it! So respectful to the club that gave him his chance in England and the fans that have been so much supportive. thumbsup.gif

Apparently Luka Modric says he will decide on his future after the euros...didn't take long for him to start things off again did it! So respectful to the club that gave him his chance in England and the fans that have been so much supportive. thumbsup.gif

Hardly surprising. I think most of us don't care one way or the other now, only if we do sell it would be better if he went abroad and for a huge fee.

Yeah as smokey said hardly surprising, ,i'm sure the paper's will love dragging the crap out of this one,what and when Modric say's and what the papers write are 2 diferent things, cant really blame Modric for what the gutter press write, let's not forget there job is to fill and sell news papers, what they put into regrading the truth is a relative issue and as far as the press are concerned as long as 'ITS LEGAL' they dont give a fuc. Oh and outside bet signing for us, kuyt? i like him, not saying that he would fill all the holes,but imo he would strengthen us. seems he's turned down a move to holland over wages, would be a bosman and would'nt be a bad short term bet, thought's anyone?

Yeah as smokey said hardly surprising, ,i'm sure the paper's will love dragging the crap out of this one,what and when Modric say's and what the papers write are 2 diferent things, cant really blame Modric for what the gutter press write, let's not forget there job is to fill and sell news papers, what they put into regrading the truth is a relative issue and as far as the press are concerned as long as 'ITS LEGAL' they dont give a fuc. Oh and outside bet signing for us, kuyt? i like him, not saying that he would fill all the holes,but imo he would strengthen us. seems he's turned down a move to holland over wages, would be a bosman and would'nt be a bad short term bet, thought's anyone?

No thanks Rij, if he can't get in the scousers how the fuc_k is he going to improve our team !

No thanks Rij, if he can't get in the scousers how the fuc_k is he going to improve our team !

Well how about he's a fuc_kin good player and, as we know not always does the best player start. his best position is off the striker, and in that position HE CAN FINISH, vv good cover for v d v and as he's on his last season, well u can work the rest out, Oh and can be effective on the right. 100% team player. excellent work rate, GOOD PRO, ask any liverpool fan with brains,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,clap2.gif

Good point about the media and Modric.

Its almost like they have an axa to grind with Spurs over him and have made it their mission to see him get a transfer.

Oh and the other player i'de have, bet this is gonna piss alf & car off , Joe cole IMO he's still a quality act, and if any one can get a good season or 2 out of him ari could. but i wouldn't be surprised if martine get the scouse job and keeps him there., Ah well lets hope they fuc up with the choice of manager again.

Oh and the other player i'de have, bet this is gonna piss alf & car off , Joe cole IMO he's still a quality act, and if any one can get a good season or 2 out of him ari could. but i wouldn't be surprised if martine get the scouse job and keeps him there., Ah well lets hope they fuc up with the choice of manager again.

No rij....NO....!!

No rij....NO....!!

yes yes yes , apparently he's had a good season, psg rumoured to be sniffing .