Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just an idea, but being as out 2 forwards ain't worth a wank between them, why not play with 6 mifielders with Bale being the furthest forward, surely it can't be any worst !!!!

Absolutely, why not. Those two upfront are embarrassing. Defoe was totally invisible until he hoofed one. Adebayor just doesn't give a toss.

I'd be happy to give it a go because at the moment moment for the most part we are, for all intents of purposes playing with no strikers anyway.

Can't wait for Defoe to score a blinder, his first for three months and all the knob commentators will start going on about his predatory goal scoring prowess!! Pathetic

Just an idea, but being as out 2 forwards ain't worth a wank between them, why not play with 6 mifielders with Bale being the furthest forward, surely it can't be any worst !!!!

Absolutely, why not. Those two upfront are embarrassing. Defoe was totally invisible until he hoofed one. Adebayor just doesn't give a toss.

I'd be happy to give it a go because at the moment moment for the most part we are, for all intents of purposes playing with no strikers anyway.

Can't wait for Defoe to score a blinder, his first for three months and all the knob commentators will start going on about his predatory goal scoring prowess!! Pathetic

Sad but true. Worse is Adebayor who has the ability but couldn't give a toss.

I for one, actually thought this was Adebayors best game for the season. It does not say much, but at least he gave it a go at times. Taking players on, keeping the ball up, and after Defoe was taken off, he started getting into the game much more. Far away from what he showed last year, but a step up from last year. The problem now, is that Bale will come back and he is no better than Defoe when it comes to linking up with a partner. At least he scores :)

Good win against Inter. Bale obviously intended to get himself booked to clean the slate for the last eight. Not sure i particularily like that sort of thing but how do you stop it?

(what you posted after the first leg)

I agree and considering how things went last night for you, that decision to deliberately get booked could have really blown back up in your faces.

Good win against Inter. Bale obviously intended to get himself booked to clean the slate for the last eight. Not sure i particularily like that sort of thing but how do you stop it?

I agree and considering how things went last night for you, that decision to deliberately get booked could have really blown back up in your faces.

I dread to think what was running through Bale's mind in the second half.

He was probably on the blower to his agent. sad.png

my plane was delayed so caught most of the game in wetherspoons from 1-0 down until 5 mins after we scored

Thought all in all thought we were pretty shocking, 2 nd best in almost every department!!!!!

vb says, and the media buy, that he/were gonna take this comps seriously

and wants to win it by putting a strong team out, yet he puts virtually a second choice defense out!!! TBH, unless bale puts

on some more master class's I de be surprised to see us getting through the next round

Totally agree with carmine but Ide go as far as saying that as it stands it should be the last game that Gallas plays for us,

he was almost to the point of an embarrassment last night, unfortunately he just cant turn and accelerate any more, and with

our high line was constantly found wanting , and why play naughton when asseo boy

deperatly needs games, positives ,,, adeoboy scored, , tbh 4 me thats about it ,,,,,,,,,, all in all one to forget me thinks. Lets

hope we can kick the apparent malaise off, move on, and beat fulham

Edited by rijit

yeah , bit like the fa cup and the milk?? league cup really, win those and baring a few quid and the 'glory' there's little or no incentive, perhaps its time they

added one, like maybe fa cup and lge cup winners get entered into the europa leage and europa league winners get entered into the

champs league?

Edited by rijit

yeah , bit like the fa cup really, win that and baring a few quid and the 'glory' there's little or no incentive, perhaps its time they

added one, like maybe fa cup winners get entered into the europa leage and europa league winners get entered into the

champs league?

Possibly cos at the moment they are like watching Championship football.

Spurs played awful, but they're through so they can just put that one to bed. Nice to still have some English sides in Europe. wink.png

Going to Italy even with a good lead is never easy. IMO it was a mistake to play both Defoe and Adebayor, probably hoping to steal an away goal early on. I think just one up front would have been better and strengthen the midfield from the very start, not that I think Holtby added much strength TBH.

When there were three European competitions all of them were worth winning.

Now we have two and the second of those is worth next to nothing it seems.

Progress indeed.

i really miss the cup winner's cup. it was a cracking competition.

yeah , bit like the fa cup really, win that and baring a few quid and the 'glory' there's little or no incentive, perhaps its time they

added one, like maybe fa cup winners get entered into the europa leage and europa league winners get entered into the

champs league?

Possibly cos at the moment they are like watching Championship football.

yeah something perhaps needs to make the clubs sit up and take more notice of them all actually , cos in the grand scale of prem lge footie finances the europa lge certainly in the early stages, it could almost look like being a punishment.rather than a reward.

Progress indeed.

that it was, but they'de all won something, a competition of almost 'equals' like the European cup used to be ALL champions , none of this perennial runners up bullshit.

Progress indeed.

Was always full of good form teams...rather than necessarily the very best consistently.

Yeah there were some fantastic matches.....and all were equal entrants unlike the <deleted> we watch now.

Got to say if i could have picked a team to play it would have been them, but saying that you dont get this far in the comp' by being a pushover. I believe they are current swiss champions and currently sitting a competitive second, as smokes said away first would have been better, but still, cant have 2 many complaints.

I dread to think what was running through Bale's mind in the second half.

He was probably on the blower to his agent. sad.png

"If we get knocked out my football careers over and i'll spend the next 10 years doing PG Tips ads?"

• Like 2

Should be a formality against Basel....but we will see.

Always room for a surprise...and the second leg is away unfortunately.

OMG smokie...............can the mods delete this post please!!!!!?

Theres no such thing as a formaility even when you are 3-0 up...especially if you are Spurs!!!

I for one, actually thought this was Adebayors best game for the season. It does not say much, but at least he gave it a go at times. Taking players on, keeping the ball up, and after Defoe was taken off, he started getting into the game much more. Far away from what he showed last year, but a step up from last year. The problem now, is that Bale will come back and he is no better than Defoe when it comes to linking up with a partner. At least he scores smile.png

I can't agree with your opinion on Adebayor. On his day he's a very big player for us and even at his worst is better than Defoe because he holds the ball up and suits a 4231. Holds the ball up really well and scores crucial goals when he's motivated and playing well. However last nights performance was a shadow of what he can be.

Just for the record, only one other player on the pitch last night was dispossessed more times. granted he scored the goal mind but the rest of it was very poor

What was also crystal clear against Inter is that Friedal is way too slow off his line, not only for crosses but we cannot play such a high line with him in goal. Its suicidal but after that game this will be very clear to AVB.

Lastly until Kaboul returns Dawson must be number 1 right sided center back because Gallas is now a liability but at his age is not to blame.

One last point is yet again we are left horridly exposed at our rear post from a right sided cross. Kyle Walker is the offender again and we must have shipped atleast four goals now like this. Naughton is a much more soild right back and BAE a natural left back

Edited by carmine

It could have done but it didn't so whats the point of the post 40.gif

It could have done but it didn't so whats the point of the post 40.gif

rolleyes.gif

and you call Fergie a crotchety old bugger...

(amongst other things of course)

basel are not a bad team, but those we could have drawn i had hoped for basel.

fulham this week, the lads need to win just to fortify them.

Yeh we win that then we have the international break. Don't want to go into the break under anymore pressure. Very important weekend for us this one with Arsenal away to swansea. Maybe West Ham could get something at Chelsea and City away to Everton. I'm starting to look at Liverpools fixtures too which isn't meant to be rude but more a sign of their improvement!

for sure carmine, it is ours to bugger up again, west ham pumped up for chelsea, the swans can not be underestimated, liverpool their win over the spurs will do them wonders.

fulham are not a bad side, they have built their pedigree in the top flight for a number of years now, a solid lower- mid to top half side.

what does a manager do when he only has two strikers, one who spends most of the game on his arse and the other who shoots all the time, but at the moment is more danger to the steward positioned next to the corner flag or 14 rows back.

we have known all year we are light up front and now it could bite us in the nether regions.

for sure carmine, it is ours to bugger up again, west ham pumped up for chelsea, the swans can not be underestimated, liverpool their win over the spurs will do them wonders.

fulham are not a bad side, they have built their pedigree in the top flight for a number of years now, a solid lower- mid to top half side.

what does a manager do when he only has two strikers, one who spends most of the game on his arse and the other who shoots all the time, but at the moment is more danger to the steward positioned next to the corner flag or 14 rows back.

we have known all year we are light up front and now it could bite us in the nether regions.

Its only through excellent tactical acumen by our manager and fantastic form in Bale that it hasn't bitten us yet. Levy is to blame this season if we don't qualify, because as you say we all knew we needed another striker. Add to that him not replacing Modric properly and there you have it.

You'realso right, with Defoe, playing the stewards should be very busy. I have a feeling he will score this weekend because surely with the law of averages one, just one must go in!!!

Theres no such thing as a formaility even when you are 3-0 up...especially if you are Spurs!!!

Perhaps I should have covered this in tongue in cheek emoticons for Ed's sake.

Mind you I still fancy we will be in the last four. :D

Mind you I still fancy we will be in the last four. biggrin.png

Last four of what? tongue.png

Mind you I still fancy we will be in the last four. biggrin.png

Last four of what? tongue.png

the how to bottle it at the end of every season league. clap2.gif

• Like 1