Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Kaboul was good. Very useful player to have in the squad. Good right back too. I do not agree in signing 40 year olds but to his credit, atleast Friedel looked solid and providing he does'nt forget what day of the week it is should be starting from now on.

Defoe basically isn't very good. was he just overated in the past? Not sure, but either way i'd really rather he was'nt playing for us.

I'm sure many Spurs fans are starting to find the situation with Ledley a bit ludicrous. he plays so few games its a question of whether we have enough strength in depth within our squad to accomodate him. Gallas isn't getting any younger and I think we'd be better off including Steven Caulker next season and possibly this season aswell but time will tell. The crucial CB positions are going to be a problem area throughout the season but atleast Harry has made sure we have five right backs and four goalkeepers!!

If there was ever a time a team need a clever midfielder (Modric) it was last night, Spurs were sadly lacking in that area.

I think Harry should S or get off the pot and buy Parker, he'll add something to midfield and he has to get a striker.........at this moment in time I don't think Forlan would be a bad option.

If there was ever a time a team need a clever midfielder (Modric) it was last night, Spurs were sadly lacking in that area.

I think Harry should S or get off the pot and buy Parker, he'll add something to midfield and he has to get a striker.........at this moment in time I don't think Forlan would be a bad option.

You are right on both counts but neither is likely to happen.

Forlan is 32 next birthday, on ridiculously high wages that would double our highest earner in our wage structure. At his age he also has no sell on value.

Parker is of similar age and again with no real sell on.

Chelsea are behaving in a manner that befits a club that would have John Terry as captain. They probably could have sealed the Modric deal by now (after their usual tap up policy) by putting a huge cash offer in and allowing Levy to look good. Instead they have made derisory offers that are worthy of nothing other than a cold shoulder which is whats happened. Absolute shower of a club, too big for their boots considering their relatively small unimportant team status, captain by a complete and utter c*nt and bankrolled by a Russian gangster.

You are right on both counts but neither is likely to happen.

Forlan is 32 next birthday, on ridiculously high wages that would double our highest earner in our wage structure. At his age he also has no sell on value.

Parker is of similar age and again with no real sell on.

Chelsea are behaving in a manner that befits a club that would have John Terry as captain. They probably could have sealed the Modric deal by now (after their usual tap up policy) by putting a huge cash offer in and allowing Levy to look good. Instead they have made derisory offers that are worthy of nothing other than a cold shoulder which is whats happened. Absolute shower of a club, too big for their boots considering their relatively small unimportant team status, captain by a complete and utter c*nt and bankrolled by a Russian gangster.

So Chelsea bid £30m....how do we all know this then? Daniel Levy must have phoned the press to inform them himself.....fuc_king disgraceful.

Fair play to Utd, beat us fair and sq for once, shame there was no Webb or Cattenburg in charge to give Utd a controversial goal to talk about and direct the flak from our team performance :o:D

biggrin.gifthumbsup.gif

Very convincing Utd win. No complaints, and even the referee was even handed for once. Utd are a cut above the rest with only City looking like they could stay with them. Arsenal and Liverpool can forget it and with or without Modric Chelsea are aging and light weight in midfield. It might only be the first weekend but i think its a good marker. i hope the Liverpuddle fans arn't too offended and i'm not interested what the Chelsea lot think.

Going to OT we needed to be at full strength. We are simply not good enough to play them without Modric, Sandro King, fully fit Huddlestone and the experience of Gallas. This is no excuse. Utd had their injuries too. And look at the depth of talent/experience on the bench! They don't have a keeper problem either, more a young lad just settling in.

Nowhere near enough movement off the ball, strikers with an alergy to scoring, and no one winning the ball back in midfield. Fortunately this as usual was on my "no pointers" list for the season as were not normally allowed to win anyway. :)

Please please can we have a striker next weekend, lest we be subjected to another 90 minutes of Jermaine Defoe. I'm pleased that he obviously thinks he's a good player as i think he's crap

Berbatov? biggrin.gif

I think Harry must be kicking himself for leaving the Charlie Adam deal too late last season.........he's playing well for Liverpool and could sure do a job in midfield for Spurs.

There must not of been a bung in it for him :ph34r:

From what I seen last night / this morning in Thailand arry needs at least 5 new signings & they need to hit the ground running otherwise they could be fighting for PL servival B)

I think Harry must be kicking himself for leaving the Charlie Adam deal too late last season.........he's playing well for Liverpool and could sure do a job in midfield for Spurs.

From what I seen last night / this morning in Thailand arry needs at least 5 new signings & they need to hit the ground running otherwise they could be fighting for PL servival B)

Bore off adder.

Get rid of modric, lennon, crouch, pav should give you 50 million and change to buy a proper striker or two.

Lennon's hesitation cost is the lead last night. Not saying it would have changed the result necessarily but it was our best chance of the game. Too hit and miss for me. Don't get me started on Defoe.

Bale and VDV combining look far more dangerous than anyone else in our squad...we might as well move him in the middle in the absence of any new strikers.

Bore off adder.

Whoo , whats that about ?

Ok heres something you will like .

Spurs are the team that the whole prem are affraid of . They are certainties to win the EPL ,FA CUP, & the CL (even though they are not in it)

Smokes & CO a north london based consortium of big business men are in the process of transfering all their wealth in arry Redcraps bank account .When Smokie was asked why he is putting all his money in Redcraps bank account he said "because I trust arry"not only with my money & him to bring many trophies to spurs but also to win the world cup manageing England.

Which he will weigh in the trophy to pay me & the rest of the consortium back. We love arry all the world.:lol::D:lol:

Ps nothing personal mate but get real .:D

He wouldn't get in our midfield when everyone are fit and heads are right plus hopefuuly getting Diarra who is a better player.

Edited by alfieconn

The good news is you have City at the weekend.....the bestest team in the world ever,aint that correct Mr snake biggrin.gif

However many points your lot get the forked tongue has already bagged one more.....and he's great at hide n seek and rounders and british bulldog and probably he has completed his panini album already. So there.

.When Smokie was asked why he is putting all his money in Redcraps bank account he said "because I trust arry"not only with my money & him to bring many trophies to spurs but also to win the world cup manageing England.

Come off it Jockstar. Surely I don't have to put up with this! ohmy.gif

Don't worry about it smokes, with a screen-name like his, one can only assume his fav player used to play for arsenal, played for madrid last year and may join your team this year.

Look on the bright side, you'll have another supporter.

.When Smokie was asked why he is putting all his money in Redcraps bank account he said "because I trust arry"not only with my money & him to bring many trophies to spurs but also to win the world cup manageing England.

Come off it Jockstar. Surely I don't have to put up with this! ohmy.gif

:lol:

He's certainly improve the set piece play.

Mindyou, he's still not good enough to produce e free kick or corner thats perfect enough for Andy carroll to head home a winner from :lol:

Now you really are sounding silly and showing your age, a woeful lack of knowledge of our squad or my banker which is a combination of both.

You need honesty and a football knowledge to troll well on here otherwise off you go to continue winding up the Man Yoo thread, theres a good lad. ;)