Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I think Harry must be kicking himself for leaving the Charlie Adam deal too late last season.........he's playing well for Liverpool and could sure do a job in midfield for Spurs.

There must not of been a bung in it for him :ph34r:

From what I seen last night / this morning in Thailand arry needs at least 5 new signings & they need to hit the ground running otherwise they could be fighting for PL servival B)

Bore off adder.

Whoo , whats that about ?

Ok heres something you will like .

Spurs are the team that the whole prem are affraid of . They are certainties to win the EPL ,FA CUP, & the CL (even though they are not in it)

Smokes & CO a north london based consortium of big business men are in the process of transfering all their wealth in arry Redcraps bank account .When Smokie was asked why he is putting all his money in Redcraps bank account he said "because I trust arry"not only with my money & him to bring many trophies to spurs but also to win the world cup manageing England.

Which he will weigh in the trophy to pay me & the rest of the consortium back. We love arry all the world.:lol::D:lol:

Ps nothing personal mate but get real .:D

Getting real lad is accepting you've been Utd's bitches for the last God knows how many years and frankly, lest you can prove otherwise by May next year, you are for the forseeable future. Nothing perconal but get real :D

I think Harry must be kicking himself for leaving the Charlie Adam deal too late last season.........he's playing well for Liverpool and could sure do a job in midfield for Spurs.

He wouldn't get in our midfield when everyone are fit and heads are right plus hopefuuly getting Diarra who is a better player.

alfie - I hope they fit soon mate, because what I saw the other night weren't holes in midfield, they were craters. wink.gif

To be honest I was disappointed that the the Lily's looked pretty ordinary and I feel they have a long road ahead.

He wouldn't get in our midfield when everyone are fit and heads are right plus hopefuuly getting Diarra who is a better player.

alfie - I hope they fit soon mate, because what I saw the other night weren't holes in midfield, they were craters. wink.gif

To be honest I was disappointed that the the Lily's looked pretty ordinary and I feel they have a long road ahead.

Its generally what happens when 60% of your midfield, including your best players are injured. Huddlestone played for 30 minutes and he was'nt fully fit either so i would'nt worry about us too much mate. :D

A lot of the problems were Redknapps substitutions and tactics which were pathetic.

While not wishing to make excuses ups, the central mid pair were our 6th and 7th choices, we still don't have a decent forward and our bottle always seems to go when playing Utd ;) so take them 3 things out of the equation and we would have probaly only lost 1 nil :D

Ah one other thing that made the midfield look even worst was when slobber chops took off the 2 midfield players and put VDV in midfield who can't tackle/ track back to save his live, in fact i could have done better at defending :(:D

Edited by alfieconn

While not wishing to make excuses ups, the central mid pair were our 6th and 7th choices, we still don't have a decent forward and our bottle always seems to go when playing Utd ;) so take them 3 things out of the equation and we would have probaly only lost 1 nil :D

Ah one other thing that made the midfield look even worst was when slobber chops took off the 2 midfield players and put VDV in midfield who can't tackle/ track back to save his live, in fact i could have done better at defending :(:D

Friedel played well.....could have been a lot more.......now come on be honest, it could have. wink.gif

If you don't have a decent forward and Harry can't find one........I don't fancy him as manager of the national side...................oh, I forgot both Crouch and Defoe are English he could use them. biggrin.gif

By the way a fact or stat that I find interesting although you could easily argue is totally useless is this.....

Since he joined the club in 2008, Spurs have won 43% of their PL games when Modric has been playing but 52% without him.

By the way a fact or stat that I find interesting although you could easily argue is totally useless is this.....

Since he joined the club in 2008, Spurs have won 43% of their PL games when Modric has been playing but 52% without him.

Thats very interesting. Remember the guy took a good six months to settle in during the disastrous Juande Ramos tenure. I'd be far more interested if you could produce those figure for last season alone. I think they would be far more illuminating.

Intrigueingly Chelsea's win ratio is hugely boosted when Essien plays. I don't think he's been the same player since he damaged his knee but he used to be so important and influential. Fantastic player that guy was. Like watching men playing boys when he marked Gerard.

Some of us are of the opinion that our centre midfield would be stronger with 2 of Sandro, Hudd and even Palacious at a push and obviously Diarra when he comes and Modric being pushed into one the 3 attacking midfield slots which isn't necesary guaranteing him a place.

I wouldn't mind selling him for 35m, just not to the kings rd mob because of the arrogant way they have gone about things.

Some of us are of the opinion that our centre midfield would be stronger with 2 of Sandro, Hudd and even Palacious at a push and obviously Diarra when he comes and Modric being pushed into one the 3 attacking midfield slots which isn't necesary guaranteing him a place.

I wouldn't mind selling him for 35m, just not to the kings rd mob because of the arrogant way they have gone about things.

Thats it in a nutshell.

Press reports are suggesting both Adebayor and Diarra will sign today. Also Crouch likely to leave soon. If that happens I hope we can bring in another striker....that would be ideal...preferably before Sunday as well.

Add Cahill to my wish list as well....biggrin.gif

Press reports are suggesting both Adebayor and Diarra will sign today. Also Crouch likely to leave soon. If that happens I hope we can bring in another striker....that would be ideal...preferably before Sunday as well.

This will help too.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says chairman Daniel Levy has made it clear that midfielder Luka Modric is "not for sale" and the Croatian will "definitely" stay at the club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14653743.stm

This will help too.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says chairman Daniel Levy has made it clear that midfielder Luka Modric is "not for sale" and the Croatian will "definitely" stay at the club.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/14653743.stm

All spurs fans are very well informed ups so we don't have C & P on our thread :o unless it's me of course :D

The Blues are also reportedly planning a final offer for their long-term target Luka Modric, in which Tottenham will be offered £30m - plus midfielder Yossi Benayoun - and as a further enticement, striker Daniel Sturridge on a season-long loan.

Take it i reckon He doesn't want to stay

The Blues are also reportedly planning a final offer for their long-term target Luka Modric, in which Tottenham will be offered £30m - plus midfielder Yossi Benayoun - and as a further enticement, striker Daniel Sturridge on a season-long loan.

Sounds like they are pretty close to a deal.

If Abromavich throws in his girlfriend as David Levy's bitch, we could be talking business.

I don't think that Modric wants to leave, but I think he may want his wages renegotiated.

That's tempting, but let's have Sturridge full stop (no loan - and therefore no silly wages), the tribunal (Jan 2010) valued him at 3.5m +1/2m per 10 first team games, + 1m if he plays an international? Benayoun is probably worth 3m - he's a great player but coming to the end of his career (6 months out last season)!

You can take Benayoun out. Take Sturridge out. Up the cash offer to £35m. Add Drogba. You got yourself a deal. smile.gif

You can take Benayoun out. Take Sturridge out. Up the cash offer to £35m. Add Drogba. You got yourself a deal. smile.gif

I disagree smokie, Benayoun is an excellent and under rated player and given a run in the first team will bring a lot of craft to the midfield.

Sturridge would be an excellent buy, he's still young and he has a lot of talent, but you know what, I have a sneaking suspicion Liverpool might jump in there at the last minute as I think he would give them just the edge they need, so I hope Harry makes his mind up quick.

I disagree smokie, Benayoun is an excellent and under rated player and given a run in the first team will bring a lot of craft to the midfield.

Sturridge would be an excellent buy, he's still young and he has a lot of talent, but you know what, I have a sneaking suspicion Liverpool might jump in there at the last minute as I think he would give them just the edge they need, so I hope Harry makes his mind up quick.

Neither of 'em is good enough for our top four side....simple as that.

Use ya noddle mate, why would we want Benayoun, he can't get in the chelsea midfield so why would he get in ours ;) 35m plus Sturridge perhaps.

Sounds like they are pretty close to a deal.

If Abromavich throws in his girlfriend as David Levy's bitch, we could be talking business.

If you going to talk a load of <deleted>, stick to your own thread Abrak :D

HE AINT GOING NO WHERE. now what part of that do people not understand ;)

Edited by alfieconn

Now that Spurs have someone that can score goals we could be a handful. ;) Atlast a top quality striker.

Don't like to put a downer on things but it appears that scrotum face is looking to pin Joe Cole on us before he takes the England job. :o Nice to know he's looking to our future right up until his last minute of departure. This will be a joke signing. How will he fit in? Total madness if it goes through.

Thank God we have the Adebayour news at the same time. It'll be interesting to see the reaction of our other strikers against moneybags at the weekend. Probably keep Pav and unfortunately Defoe with Crouch doing the off. 3MP is a player of extraordinarily little ability but at the end of the day atleast he has a function i'm told. I have no idea what it is but its definately more than Defoe who is really, really, really <deleted>. Gareth Bale would be a much better striker.

So how will we shape up now at full strength. Ideas? I'll start off;

Friedal

Walker

Dawson

Kaboul

Bale

Lennon

Sandro

Huddlestone

Modric

Van Der Vaart

Abebayour

As it stands, the place of VDV is very much in doubt because if he isn't scoring his contribution is bugger all.

One little bit you got wrong ups, it's not up to droopy face :o

Friedal

Walker

Dawson

Kaboul

Bale

Lennon

Sandro

Huddlestone

Modric

Van Der Vaart

Abebayour

As it stands, the place of VDV is very much in doubt because if he isn't scoring his contribution is bugger all.

I'd have Ekotto at left back,Bale at left midfield with Modric on the bench :o:D

Can i just break the news about Modric to our ill informed visitors

He's not for sale.

I would add that it really does'nt matter what our lowlife manager says, what contradictory signals he puts out, Daniel Levy runs the club not Harry Redknapp.

Typical of Chelsea to tap up a player and then throw in derisory offers. And why on earth would we want players that can't even get into their geriatric midfield?

Edited by carmine