Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Pathetic transfer policy we have. Another season f-ucked. How and why we missed out on a golden oppotunity to sign Carhill i'll never know.

Reminds me of how we turned away Suarez in the january window.

Ain't doing nought this season again. If i had to put my hard earnt cash on it i'd predict 6th to 8th. having been basically forced to stay God only knows what must be going through Luka Modric's head on seeing such a calamity yesterday coupled with a total lack of ambition. i actually feel sorry for him and i think his transfer request , on the basis of being an ambitious young player was justified on seeing the lack of investment on the squad over the last two windows. Even Arsenal got on with it. They charge an aweful lot at the turnstiles for a club who's only concern is the balance books. Guilt edged oppotunities to buy Cahill, Lass Diarra, Suarez last time round and Leandro Damiao have all been screwed up. All quality young players and at "fair market prices". In come Parker and friedal........All that Redknapp will produce is frustration and mediocrity.

Nothing else needs be said this season.

Take a deep breath mate.

If Adebayor stays fit and proves his point then we are sorted up front. Parker is a hell of a lot better than Jenas. We have cover now on the right side....hopefully even competition.

Gallas is on his way back so he and Kaboul will fight for the central position and Kyle Walker will only improve.

Bale VDV Sandro Huddlestone and Modric with a big pay rise.....its not looking too bad.

Also we have plenty of cash in the bank....unlike other clubs.

We'll discuss the keepers after a few more games shall we....biggrin.gif

I'm thinking from Bolton's point of view Cahill is central to their hopes of remaining a Premiership club. So selling him for peanuts even with a year left will be detrimental to that and cst them more than if they sell in january. or even if he chooses to sign a summer deal.

Makes sense to me anyway.

"Tottenham have already approached Bolton over fresh talks in January over the potential transfer of defender Gary Cahill"

Can't call Harry a ditherer, likes to get in early, but maybe no-one tells him when the transfer window closes. unsure.gif

Edited by uptheos

"Tottenham have already approached Bolton over fresh talks in January over the potential transfer of defender Gary Cahill"

Can't call Harry a ditherer, likes to get in early, but maybe no-one tells him when the transfer window closes. unsure.gif

Has Cahill given any indication that he wants to play for Tottenham?

Has Cahill given any indication that he wants to play for Tottenham?

From the BBC report on the England game.

"Cahill gave an almost flawless performance in defence"

tw25rw It's not my opinion hence the quotation marks.....I should have said from BBC.

I don't know who he wants to play for, but Spurs could sure use him - bigger clubs might come in by January.

Edited by uptheos

tw25rw It's not my opinion hence the quotation marks.....I should have said from BBC.

I don't know who he wants to play for, but Spurs could sure use him - bigger clubs might come in by January.

That's what I meant. He might want to play for a big club, or might want to stay in the north, or might just like it at Bolton :whistling: .

That's what I meant. He might want to play for a big club, or might want to stay in the north, or might just like it at Bolton :whistling: .

Well, if he stays at Bolton he'll probably be playing for a bigger club. biggrin.gif

Well, if he stays at Bolton he'll probably be playing for a bigger club. biggrin.gif

Back in yer box Leyton superstars that yis are....failed on the last hurdle as ever...are you bored with the lower league thread then? :D

Back in yer box Leyton superstars that yis are....failed on the last hurdle as ever...are you bored with the lower league thread then? :D

Bloody hell, isn't this the lower league thread then? huh.gif

Never seen Leyton Orient beaten and totally humiliated 1-5 at home by Manchester City (and yes we have played them) biggrin.gif We usually leave that to Yeovil. sad.gif

For the record I am first and foremost an O's supporter cheesy.gif.......OK, let's get that out of the way.......I can't help where my dad decided to sit me on his shoulders when I was 3 years old and not like others who jump on the bandwagons my loyalties never changed.,

But I did have the honour of seeing a 'real' Spurs team play - a team that had class, craft and a man of steel. To those who never saw that great team my condolences, to those that are watching the current load of gormless wonders, my condolences too, but never mind there's always burp.gif

I promise to be here all throughout the season - get used to it! tongue.gif

Edited by uptheos

Never seen Leyton Orient beaten and totally humiliated 1-5 at home by Manchester City (and yes we have played them) biggrin.gif We usually leave that to Yeovil. sad.gif

For the record I am first and foremost an O's supporter cheesy.gif.......OK, let's get that out of the way.......I can't help where my dad decided to sit me on his shoulders when I was 3 years old and not like others who jump on the bandwagons my loyalties never changed.,

But I did have the honour of seeing a 'real' Spurs team play - a team that had class, craft and a man of steel. To those who never saw that great team my condolences, to those that are watching the current load of gormless wonders, my condolences too, but never mind there's always burp.gif

Nothing bad to say about the O's. Subsidised and decent beer if I remember rightly. I was happy to witness your witless capitulation at the end of last season.

You'd struggle to find a team with real backbone in the Premiership nowadays....at the top end its full of primadonnas while the lower end has a bunch of wannabees.....no loyalty or spirit in evidence at all.

Maybe this will be a truly awful season for us but that will mean 7th or 8th....dismal enough but what will happen at the top come Jamuary will leave us all sickened to the core I reckon....

We can only hope a new stadium proposal is announced soon and work underway by the middle of next year...otherwise we will fall further and further behind...and I'll still be without a season ticket for years to come.....sad.gif

Edited by smokie36

I always thought Orient fans were closet Spurs fans who hated West Ham..

Billy Bremner of Leeds was a hard man.

But when I mentioned the Spurs team that had 'a man of steel', I was of course referring to the great Dave Mackay, who made Bremner look like a frightened school boy, OMG how they could use such a player now, not only was he hard, he was a very talented footballer

http://www.dailymail...ld-warrior.html

article-1241178-0007DBD700000258-200_468x286.jpg

Edited by uptheos

Billy Bremner of Leeds was a hard man.

But when I mentioned the Spurs team that had 'a man of steel', I was of course referring to the great Dave Mackay, who made Bremner look like a frightened school boy, OMG how they could use such a player now, not only was he hard, he was a very talented footballer

http://www.dailymail...ld-warrior.html

article-1241178-0007DBD700000258-200_468x286.jpg

These days you get carded for frowning in a threatening manner.

So what s Curaton been like? was great for exeter last season.

Oh thats why Alfie is scared of taking the bet with me^,not seen head nor tail of him since i asked if he would like a flutter! laugh.gif nothing like having confidence in your team is there.

So the manc (i say that in very loose terms) is turning things around , expected really, so lets sort this out once and for all.

You say "i'm scared of taking of taking the bet" when it was me who has already offered the bet in response to this, which you didn't accept !

My opinion is that you will now be lucky to finish in the top 10,

You then change the goalposts and say top 6, now why would i want to bet on spurs finishing in the top 6 when i don't think that will happen ?

Where have i said that i have confidence in my team ?

Anyway being as i'm a fair man and your obviously a man with bottle, why don't we make it top 8, come on you know it makes sense :D

Edited by alfieconn

Alfie did you not read my first post,not turning anything around mate.I think you will not finish in the top six,same as you wink.gif but i think you have not got much to beat to finish in the top 8!

I will meet you half way for a sporting wager ok?

7th and i am pushing it biggrin.gif

Alfie did you not read my first post,not turning anything around mate.I think you will not finish in the top six,same as you wink.gifbut i think you have not got much to beat to finish in the top 8!

I will meet you half way for a sporting wager ok?

7th and i am pushing it biggrin.gif

If you think the above :o then why did you say this

My opinion is that you will now be lucky to finish in the top 10

You making a stupid comment has wasted a lot of my time :annoyed: and probaly bored everyone to tears :(

<deleted>!

laugh.gif please explain oh great one how it has wasted a your time,i didn't realize you are worried about boring others on here. bah.gif

You do it daily! same as the <deleted> you follow laugh.gif

Edit BOTTLER!

Edited by MrRed

<deleted>!

laugh.gif please explain oh great one how it has wasted a your time,i didn't realize you are worried about boring others on here. bah.gif

Edit BOTTLER!

Yep, your right it's getting boring and whilst Alfie could be accused of dribbling, deviating whatever, he's sort of got the right to do it, this is a TOTTENHAM fans thread, designed for fans of TOTTENHAM to discuss there

common interests. Mr red whilst as a guest you are always welcome to air your views, please try to make them of interest to us all, not boring. And although you may find the' lets wind them up' typical of football fans humour, funny, I can assure you for every one that finds it amusing there are 2 who see it for what it actually is, not amusing , but rather dull and frankly unimaginative.

<deleted>!

Edit BOTTLER!

Behave yourself on this the thread of truth and honesty. wink.gif

Take the bet or fuc_k off mate.....no time for pissing about its 8th or better...

Ah jee whiz, how times have changed, just 3 weeks ago all we could read was top 4 for sure and now we are debating 8th. If only singer was around to enjoy this ;)

OK james, which Tottenham fans onhere said top four for sure?

You see, what is very f-ucking boring on here is when supporters of other clubs and Man Yoo hangers on, come on here spouting made up <deleted> to try and substantiate the little labels they like to hang on us.

Anyway, more importantly, have you Man Yoo die hards decided what team you will all turn to supprting when SIR leaves, as in such a situation you could drop out of top four and no longer have constant silverware?

Ah jee whiz, how times have changed, just 3 weeks ago all we could read was top 4 for sure and now we are debating 8th. If only singer was around to enjoy this ;)

Jimbo, perhaps you could point me in the direction of the threads that said this as i must have missed them :o or are you another manc talking <deleted> on our thread :lol::D

Jimbo, perhaps you could point me in the direction of the threads that said this as i must have missed them :o or are you another manc talking <deleted> on our thread :lol::D

Its all part of making stuff up ad nauseum as part of their "delusions of grandeur" tedium. :coffee1:

Dont worry, if Utd lose two or three on the bounce jimbo and the rest will turn to another sport probably. :thumbsup:

BTW Alf, i'm a bit disappointed that Levy's offering Modric a new contract so quickly after his recent behaviour. I'd have preferred him to be made to do a couple of months of leg work at the very least. Mindyou, i reckon he;ll be off in january because he just does'nt want to play for us enough to perform at his best.

That leaves the scenario of Hudd, Sandro and Parker steadying the ship until ball bag face goes to the borough of wandsworth :thumbsup: and providing Ade scores a few we should be ok until some january t/f activity. I just can't believe, if its true, Levy did'nt offer enough for Cahill!!!! All that money in the bank and they would have taken 12m. Then we could have sent Bassong over to QPR. This is where Levy falls well short in his negotiating in so much as not understanding that this was a "must" buy not a luxury one. Really really stupid and now Arse or Chelsea will get him because we can't/won't afford the wages.

Sorry lads i was only searching out a sporting wager with one of your loyal supporters,i shall not post about it again.

I am so sorry if i offended anybody.jap.gif

It can be difficult for you in times of recession i do realize this and should of been more understanding of your position(s)

my bad!

Sorry lads i was only searching out a sporting wager with one of your loyal supporters,i shall not post about it again.

It can be difficult for you in times of recession i do realize this and should of been more understanding of your position(s)

my bad!

Changing the subject here somewhat rolleyes.gif and looking at our ins and outs we have made around £30m this transfer window.

In all honesty our season will hinge on whether Adebayor is going to be on fire for us or not. The new Modric deal is a no brainer....he must be paid more money as he is worth it simple as that. Same will hopefully be offered to Bale too.

I do agree with carmine on the Cahill deal though...that one is Suarez all over again unfortunately....if he has a decent run through to January all the clubs will be offering him 6 figures a week and we'll fall well short.

A worrying lack of vision by Levy....I wonder if the spat with scrotum face has clouded his judgement this time?

my bad!

Changing the subject here somewhat rolleyes.gif and looking at our ins and outs we have made around £30m this transfer window.

In all honesty our season will hinge on whether Adebayor is going to be on fire for us or not. The new Modric deal is a no brainer....he must be paid more money as he is worth it simple as that. Same will hopefully be offered to Bale too.

I do agree with carmine on the Cahill deal though...that one is Suarez all over again unfortunately....if he has a decent run through to January all the clubs will be offering him 6 figures a week and we'll fall well short.

A worrying lack of vision by Levy....I wonder if the spat with scrotum face has clouded his judgement this time?

Why is Modric worth more? He's been utter <deleted> so far this season and does'nt score goals. He's not worth a penny more until he plays like the player he's supposed to be, and grows some balls and stops crying about not playing for Chelsea. All we would be doing is caving in to a player having behaved dreadfully whilst playing like like a w*nker. Likewise why should be bend over for Bale yet either? His form in the second half of last season was average and he has been anonymous so far this season. better to reward players when they've played consistently well and later on closer to the window. rewarding so soon does'nt leave much time for the financial feel good that is of paramount importance to the modern day footballer.

Surveys say that when you give a pay rise to an unhappy member of staff the feel good only lasts about two months and then they'll want away again. ;)