Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Back to the library is it Kadafi? Or are you a mate of Seapoke and his band of merry philanderers?

Don't know any seapoke or require any bum chums...i guess you might have 1 or 2 though, no doubt your the thread captain :) good lad.

Well we have a choice of 2 smokes, lack of brain cells means he could be a wetspammer or being as he doesn't have too much to say he could be a gooner :lol::D

My money's on a dysfunctional little Bermondsey lad who got picked on at school. wink.gif

Did you say Millwall supporter?ph34r.gif

I'm a little concerned that Sandro is not going to be playing too much which would mean him wanting to leave,perhaps being sold and in a couple of years when Parker is past it we are back to square one.

Now we can play Sandro with Parker and Modric on the right but i prefer playing Lennon there who is a natural right sided player,anyone got any other ideas, answers on a post card please, to :

Harry Redknapp

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

748, High Rd

Tottenham N17 0AP

Does the answer lie in pushing monkey boy back to left back? perhaps, but i'd hate to clip his wings when he's getting back to the great form of last season.

The other situation with Sandro is he's not being used enough antway as you've said. If Bond/Jordan had had the sense to bring him on 20 minutes earlier we wouldn't have had to go through that shitstorm of a second half where we lost the midfield. We were lucky and i'm still quite alarmed that these guys in charge of our team couldn't see this! Am i missing something or was it totally obvious?

Basically if you want to keep the balance and play Lennon, Parker and Sandro i think we have to drop Bale back because Modric doesn't really excell coming in from the right. Its worth a try. and i think its perfect for away games. Not many teams will fair well against that midfield and we'd have Walker and Bale darting down the flanks. Love to see him pick that team.

Mmmmm, not too sure about playing Modric out of the middle ;) how about a christmas tree formation :D something like this

Adebayor

Van Der Vart Lennon

Parker Modric Sandro

The width coming from the full backs Bale and Walker, VDV and Lennon having sort of free roles, Parker and Sandro covering the marauding full backs.

He's probably a man yoo fan now he's moved down to Bromley. laugh.gif

Actually Smokie, having lived there for a number of years I can tell you that when people acquired their first BMW (bottom of the range of course) and moved out of a flat in Bermondsey or Catford and into a house in Bromley area they usually became Arsenal or Chelsea fans. There's nothing South of the River for the aspiring in south-east London :rolleyes: (apart form some good cheap ethnic food)

I'm a little concerned that Sandro is not going to be playing too much which would mean him wanting to leave,perhaps being sold and in a couple of years when Parker is past it we are back to square one.

Now we can play Sandro with Parker and Modric on the right but i prefer playing Lennon there who is a natural right sided player,anyone got any other ideas, answers on a post card please, to :

Harry Redknapp

748, High Rd

Tottenham N17 0AP

Does the answer lie in pushing monkey boy back to left back? perhaps, but i'd hate to clip his wings when he's getting back to the great form of last season.

The other situation with Sandro is he's not being used enough antway as you've said. If Bond/Jordan had had the sense to bring him on 20 minutes earlier we wouldn't have had to go through that shitstorm of a second half where we lost the midfield. We were lucky and i'm still quite alarmed that these guys in charge of our team couldn't see this! Am i missing something or was it totally obvious?

Basically if you want to keep the balance and play Lennon, Parker and Sandro i think we have to drop Bale back because Modric doesn't really excell coming in from the right. Its worth a try. and i think its perfect for away games. Not many teams will fair well against that midfield and we'd have Walker and Bale darting down the flanks. Love to see him pick that team.

Mmmmm, not too sure about playing Modric out of the middle ;) how about a christmas tree formation :D something like this

Adebayor

Van Der Vart Lennon

Parker Modric Sandro

The width coming from the full backs Bale and Walker, VDV and Lennon having sort of free roles, Parker and Sandro covering the marauding full backs.

How very festive! But I must agree, a formidable festival formation!

Harry Redknapp

748, High Rd

Tottenham N17 0AP

Adebayor

Van Der Vart Lennon

Parker Modric Sandro

How very festive! But I must agree, a formidable festival formation!

I'm glad that got your approval trev 15.gif now does anyone know H's e-mail address ;)

Note : Harry he is no longer saggy face, well not until we lose a few games :D

He's probably a man yoo fan now he's moved down to Bromley. laugh.gif

Actually Smokie, having lived there for a number of years I can tell you that when people acquired their first BMW (bottom of the range of course) and moved out of a flat in Bermondsey or Catford and into a house in Bromley area they usually became Arsenal or Chelsea fans. There's nothing South of the River for the aspiring in south-east London :rolleyes: (apart form some good cheap ethnic food)

I know quite a few Wimbledon fans from that area...well nearer London I suppose but life as a tax exile is much preferable! smile.gif

AFC now innit? Soon be up there in the Championship I reckon. wink.gif

I take it you guys were at the match on sunday? where abouts were you seated? or are you just armchair fans who contribute nothing to your club and buy cheap knock off shirts on ebay? :whistling: no doubt ive seen your club play live even more times than you have! ive probably been to your shitty ground more times also.

I take it you guys were at the match on sunday? where abouts were you seated? or are you just armchair fans who contribute nothing to your club and buy cheap knock off shirts on ebay? :whistling: no doubt ive seen your club play live even more times than you have! ive probably been to your shitty ground more times also.

Oh boy I bet you have got Gareth Bale's autobiography.

And you have bought everyone of their home and away shirts since 1980.

I expect you have Aurasma on your smartphone and a poster of Dave Mckay on your bedroom wall. You have a nodding 3 inch Glen Hoddle plastic statuette and an Ossie Ardiles signed photograph.

P.S. The clubs owner Joe Lewis who does actually pay for the club has been to watch a match twice in the past 9 years as far as I know.

P.S. If you happen to be at the match on Sunday you should at least appreciate that you are being subsidized by other supporters - say those who are watching on television. At the very least you should appreciate that say Spurs has 25,000 season ticket holders and a waiting list of a further 25,000 so that if you, as a season ticket holder piss off, all you will do is very charitably make some one else happy. More realistically if you consider that in order to make a new stadium vaguely viable it will totally depend on the amount of 'naming rights' - a sum of money from external Spurs supporters (mostly TV) - who will attract vast sums of money in order to subsidize a very few number of supporters to sit in the stands, support the club and claim a massive superiority complex.

If you've been more than 100 times then yes. ...I will have to grant you that. Bloody pensioners I hate 'em! biggrin.gif

I take it your from London. Must be a man United fan :D

Seriously. Introduce yourself in the introduction thread Kadafi at the top of the forum. It's much easier for all to have the banter, if you know who the guy (or gal) supports. :jap:

Seriously. Introduce yourself in the introduction thread Kadafi at the top of the forum. It's much easier for all to have the banter, if you know who the guy (or gal) supports. :jap:

Fair enough....he gets 24 hours to decide or I'll start a poll and we'll choose a team for him! laugh.gif

P.S. If you happen to be at the match on Sunday you should at least appreciate that you are being subsidized by other supporters - say those who are watching on television. At the very least you should appreciate that say Spurs has 25,000 season ticket holders and a waiting list of a further 25,000 so that if you, as a season ticket holder piss off, all you will do is very charitably make some one else happy. More realistically if you consider that in order to make a new stadium vaguely viable it will totally depend on the amount of 'naming rights' - a sum of money from external Spurs supporters (mostly TV) - who will attract vast sums of money in order to subsidize a very few number of supporters to sit in the stands, support the club and claim a massive superiority complex.

:D

Fair enough....he gets 24 hours to decide or I'll start a poll and we'll choose a team for him! laugh.gif

Start a poll :D I thought it was obvious :whistling:

Start a poll :D I thought it was obvious :whistling:

Fair enough....maybe the members have a better take on it....biggrin.gif

Brain of Britain, in case you failed to notice, this website is called Thaivisa which generally consists of posters residing in Thailand hence the name , therefore to travel 5,000 miles every other week is not very practical :o.

I dont know if you guys have noticed but it is very noticeable how Stoke are being crushed by their involvement in the Europa. I made the comment at the time you qualified that the Europa doesnt necessarily affect league performance as long as you prioritize the league. This would be especially true of a team like Spurs that has a particularly large squad. So far Harry has handled things perfectly - getting you Europa results with a second string team (and plagued by injuries) choosing to make the team look more 3rd string rather than bringing in 1st team players to make up for injuries.

Take a look at Stoke. They are a pretty good team and they spent 20m in the transfer window (although buying Crouch was hardly a bargain.) Now look how horribly their league form is beginning to suffer. (They have been rather unlucky in that all the games that followed their Europa matches have been away.) However apart from an early season win against WBA it has been horrible - 4-0 to Sunderland, 2-0 to Swansea, 3-1 to Arsenal and now 5-0 to Bolton (an exact reverse of the FA semi at Wembley) and pretty much as disastrous as you can get.

The problem Spurs face is this. The time when you will start taking Europa seriously (or alternatively the time when you will have to decide not taking the Europa seriously, seriously) will coincide with you most difficult league run in the season next February. You are currently favourites to win the Europa and it is a good cup to win. It is however a lousy cup to allow to screw up your chances in the league especially if you do not win the Europa as compensation.

I dont know if you guys have noticed but it is very noticeable how Stoke are being crushed by their involvement in the Europa. I made the comment at the time you qualified that the Europa doesnt necessarily affect league performance as long as you prioritize the league. This would be especially true of a team like Spurs that has a particularly large squad. So far Harry has handled things perfectly - getting you Europa results with a second string team (and plagued by injuries) choosing to make the team look more 3rd string rather than bringing in 1st team players to make up for injuries.

Take a look at Stoke. They are a pretty good team and they spent 20m in the transfer window (although buying Crouch was hardly a bargain.) Now look how horribly their league form is beginning to suffer. (They have been rather unlucky in that all the games that followed their Europa matches have been away.) However apart from an early season win against WBA it has been horrible - 4-0 to Sunderland, 2-0 to Swansea, 3-1 to Arsenal and now 5-0 to Bolton (an exact reverse of the FA semi at Wembley) and pretty much as disastrous as you can get.

The problem Spurs face is this. The time when you will start taking Europa seriously (or alternatively the time when you will have to decide not taking the Europa seriously, seriously) will coincide with you most difficult league run in the season next February. You are currently favourites to win the Europa and it is a good cup to win. It is however a lousy cup to allow to screw up your chances in the league especially if you do not win the Europa as compensation.

We won't even consider taking it seriously until the Quarter Finals Abrak and that will be in March. Frankly I'd rather we won the FA Cup. wink.gif

Smokes, what's all this spying stuff in the news today? Hired some news of the world reporters?

Bit of leverage maybe? I can't see Baroness Ford engaging in a threesome dressed as a Nazi prison warden but stranger things have happened....

Of course it could be a case of keeping an eye out for a Wet Spam drop off at a pub in Dagenham. You can't trust these people James! biggrin.gif

I find it hard to believe our youth academy are favourites to win the europa! Who's calling us favourites?

Eitherway, i doubt we'll take it that seriously unless we are looking incredibly strong in the league, which i think you'll agree is highly likely, and/or are out of the FA cup. Its not really a realistic comparison to compare us with Stoke either because we had last season to acustom ourselves to european football and we have a much stronger squad. What is a pain in the arse is playing on sundays!!

Hey do any of you Spurs fans know if that Tottenham vs. Everton match was ever rescheduled for a specific date? Looks like it hasn't been from what I've found, unless I'm wrong.

No decision made on that one yet.

January 11th.

That's a handy date.....should help us in our chase of the top two....whistling.gif

My apologies for picking up a past thread, but Kadafi read the websites name, this is a THAILAND web site, so you obviousely you not being an idiot!!!,reading that might give you a clue where a high proportion of the people that chat on this site maybe living?, Anway bac to today, yeah Stoke are suffering from post euro syndrome, theyve hadf 2/3 really un characteristic results after euro games and yers ari's got the team selection bang on , but all this balony about giving players exp to get them up to prem league standard, B/S', if more fringe players were fit they would be playing, no doubts.

Former Chelsea No2 Ray Wilkins believes Tottenham may struggle to resist a major offer for Gareth Bale, with Barcelona the latest club linked with a move.

The Welsh midfielder has been linked with a mega money move to reigning La Liga champions Barcelona with many reports suggesting a £35m bid may be tabled in January and the Sky Sports pundit admits he would be surprised if Spurs turned down a bid from the Catalans.

Why are these so called experts clueless :( we allegely turned down 40m for Modric so that makes Bale worth at least 60m, levy has already said that we aint selling our best players and bale has said that he's in no rush to move abroad :angry: so why would he go for 35m ;)