Tottenham Thread

chonabot

You can tell me what you have achieved if you can think of something. What I want to know is what you are trying to achieve.

If you need to ask this question then you really don't have a clue about the average football supporter.

To be fair abrak the average football fan doesn't really give a shit about a clubs finances as long as the team are progressing because if that is happening then the finances are ilrevelent.

Anyway i for one find your spouting on about football clubs finances sometimes interesting but mostly boring so i will open a thread for football business talk only and hopefully you will not clog up threads with all this insignificant crap.

A little touchy Alfie are we today? insignificant crap? i think it is very significant in todays game.

You can tell me what you have achieved if you can think of something. What I want to know is what you are trying to achieve.

If you need to ask this question then you really don't have a clue about the average football supporter.

To be fair abrak the average football fan doesn't really give a shit about a clubs finances as long as the team are progressing because if that is happening then the finances are ilrevelent.

Anyway i for one find your spouting on about football clubs finances sometimes interesting but mostly boring so i will open a thread for football business talk only and hopefully you will not clog up threads with all this insignificant crap.

A little touchy Alfie are we today? insignificant crap? i think it is very significant in todays game.

Not touchy, just bored with Abraks post's :(

Look Alfie I get your point that you are not interested in football finances and are more interested in football matches.

However, the view that as long as a club is progressing its finances are irrelevent is total garbage. Many clubs have gone bust on the 'we will win on the pitch and the finances will look after themselves strategy.' If you wish to ignore finances so be it but it is not irrelevant.

My belief is the total opposite of yours. Essentially it is the business model that drives your success on the pitch and the football is actually pretty irrelevant. Man Utd have long dominated the game because they have the highest revenues which allows them to fund the best team. Now arguably City have a better business model whereby there owner seems willing to spend whatever is necessary to win the league (not a good business model but an effective one)

And the quickest way to financial ruin in football is spending to create a successful team in the belief that the revenues will justify the cost. Success in football is a very expensive business.

Look Alfie I get your point that you are not interested in football finances and are more interested in football matches.

However, the view that as long as a club is progressing its finances are irrelevent is total garbage. Many clubs have gone bust on the 'we will win on the pitch and the finances will look after themselves strategy.' If you wish to ignore finances so be it but it is not irrelevant.

My belief is the total opposite of yours. Essentially it is the business model that drives your success on the pitch and the football is actually pretty irrelevant. Man Utd have long dominated the game because they have the highest revenues which allows them to fund the best team. Now arguably City have a better business model whereby there owner seems willing to spend whatever is necessary to win the league (not a good business model but an effective one)

And the quickest way to financial ruin in football is spending to create a successful team in the belief that the revenues will justify the cost. Success in football is a very expensive business.

I'll copy and paste to the Football Business thread for you.

As I said we won all our games in November wink.gif I hope you're right about December MrRed....the fight for 2nd is hotting up! smile.gif

The way you are playing i don't doubt it,Interestingly United are in a better position than last year too :D

I don't care too much mate....second or third but playing the way we are right now I'll take either to be honest! smile.gif

So you guys are playing decent football.

Lying 3rd in the league!!

So before Carmine starts with his knob head insults, I just want to ask genuinely if 'Arry is doing a good job in your opinion?

Before I was seeing "He has took us as far as he can!!" And you were hoping England would take him off your hands etc etc!!

I think he has done a great job with very little money... Selling Crouch, replacing him with Adebayor on loan for example is a great bit of business. Buying Parker another great bit of business!!

Ever get the feeling were not interested in what you have to say. :D

Just for the record i'll reiterate that he's done an excellent jod for the God knows how many times we've said it already. Thats the feeling at WHL but we're just looking for go to the next level of management pea brain. Is that so wrong? Problem i have with you is that you just don't bother to read what we have to say before posting. You could also take the time to read my post on the Man Utd in decline thread to gage my opinion.

So, theres a good lad, toddle off and read some posts. ;)

btw, if you didn't make sarcastic provocative posts you might actually get some responses to your questions.

Edited by carmine

Just think you could be second if you win your game in hand :rolleyes:

We'll just keep taking each game as it comes MrRed. ;) Our next game is home to Bolton. Our game in hand is home to Everton in january and they are a tough side not to be underestimated.

Is it me or are you starting to sound like Arry :lol:

No. With Harry its a win can win the league in august, were going for champions league in february anf it'll be a miracle if we can finsh in the top four in march. Oh, and don't ever call him a wheeler dealer. ;)

Don' ever knock Harry or his guardian angel/lovechild jack n danny will come roaring onto here with some inane sarcy comment

Hey fellow Spurs fans :)

Great to be back in Thailand - for good this time - and see the Spurs Forum I started is doing so well.

We're having a fantastic season - seems to be every time I leave the UK this happens !

So hopefully my prolonged stay in LOS will result in some trophies before too long.

COYS !!!!!

Great to be back in Thailand - for good this time - and see the Spurs Forum I started is doing so well.

We're having a fantastic season - seems to be every time I leave the UK this happens !

So hopefully my prolonged stay in LOS will result in some trophies before too long.

COYS !!!!!

welcome back. It is going rather well this season isn't it...:D Its really funny that the tv pundits/commentators and journos are so very reluctantly having to take us seriously. :o

Maybe that is because only 2/3 months ago you was slagging your team and the manager and anything else to do with WHL off big time...............fickle thats what you lot are.

We were not slagging the team off. We did slag off the strikers and we were very entitled to. That wasn't fickle either. Fickle coming from Man Utd supporters. :ermm::lol: Stop telling fibs MrRed. I do not apologise for not liking a crook like Harry either. He has done a great job i know, its just a case of wanting a guy with more european experience especially as we will be quite possibly getting auto qualification. :)

Joking apart, my big worry is that the trial in january will derail us. I think it has to to some degree atleast. And no, its not an excuse, its the way it is.

Thanks for actually admitting that you have been slagging them off,but you did forget about slagging Modric off and also Harry for signing the Hammer :lol:

United fans are not fickle we are realistic thats all and i don't tell fibs ;)

So before Carmine starts with his knob head insults, I just want to ask genuinely if 'Arry is doing a good job in your opinion?

Before I was seeing "He has took us as far as he can!!" And you were hoping England would take him off your hands etc etc!!

I think he has done a great job with very little money... Selling Crouch, replacing him with Adebayor on loan for example is a great bit of business. Buying Parker another great bit of business!!

Just for the record i'll reiterate that he's done an excellent jod for the God knows how many times we've said it already. Thats the feeling at WHL but we're just looking for go to the next level of management pea brain. Is that so wrong? Problem i have with you is that you just don't bother to read what we have to say before posting. You could also take the time to read my post on the Man Utd in decline thread to gage my opinion.

btw, if you didn't make sarcastic provocative posts you might actually get some responses to your questions.

You need to grow up carmine :rolleyes:

I dont have time to scroll through every thread!! If I want to discuss 'Arry, I go to the Tottenham thread, not the Man United in decline thread :blink:

I recall in the past you and Alfie and Smokie were slagging off 'Arry big time!!

I was simply putting the question to see if your minds were changed!!.

I now see you have sort of answered the question. Personally I dont know what you expect from a new manager, when you say you want to go to the next level?? Would you still be saying that at the end of the season if you finished 2nd or 3rd and 'Arry was still in charge??

He might be a crook, but I still like 'Arry as a manager.

PS if my posts offend you or wind you up, simply put me on ignore... I wont lose any sleep over it :whistling:

Thanks for actually admitting that you have been slagging them off,but you did forget about slagging Modric off and also Harry for signing the Hammer :lol:

Too right i slagged off Modric the vile little mercenary. The manner in which he went about trying to force a move was disgraceful. I don't care if he wins player of the year i'll always despise the little sh*t.

The way you lot just forgave Rooney so quickly is laughable i might add.

COYS !!!!!

Welcome back Phil.

Thread has gone to rat sh!t since you left!! :lol: :lol:

You need to grow up carmine :rolleyes:

I dont have time to scroll through every thread!! If I want to discuss 'Arry, I go to the Tottenham thread, not the Man United in decline thread :blink:

I recall in the past you and Alfie and Smokie were slagging off 'Arry big time!!

I was simply putting the question to see if your minds were changed!!.

I now see you have sort of answered the question. Personally I dont know what you expect from a new manager, when you say you want to go to the next level?? Would you still be saying that at the end of the season if you finished 2nd or 3rd and 'Arry was still in charge??

He might be a crook, but I still like 'Arry as a manager.

PS if my posts offend you or wind you up, simply put me on ignore... I wont lose any sleep over it :whistling:

Well i might just take you up on the ignore button idea but in the meantime i would prefer it if you didn't speak to me like i'm a ten year old and you are still talking down to people wearing your policemans costume. :D

Too right i slagged off Modric the vile little mercenary. The manner in which he went about trying to force a move was disgraceful. I don't care if he wins player of the year i'll always despise the little sh*t.

I have never changed my opinion about him,agent related business that the modern day mercenary gets pulled to pieces like a piece of meat,thats the way it is....if United got rid i would never lose sleep we will survive.

I have never changed my opinion about him,agent related business that the modern day mercenary gets pulled to pieces like a piece of meat,thats the way it is....if United got rid i would never lose sleep we will survive.

Utd will always be up there with Red Nose at the helm, Rooney of not. He's practically a 12th man on the pitch. And thats without Howard Webb!!!:o

COYS !!!!!

Welcome back Phil.

Thread has gone to rat sh!t since you left!! :lol: :lol:

Good point well put mr fanny....where's smokie when you want him? :D

First of all welcome back to this fine thread Chonabot! smile.gif

Its interesting to note the Manchester clubs are sticking together on here.....you're sounding a tad worried gents...biggrin.gif

The trial of Wobbly Chops is set to last for two weeks apparently so we should know whether we have a new manager fairly quickly if he found guilty. Otherwise he'll be off to the England job after the championships.

Hopefully with the date set and it being limited to two weeks it shouldn't be too much of a disruption.

The trial of Wobbly Chops is set to last for two weeks apparently so we should know whether we have a new manager fairly quickly if he found guilty. Otherwise he'll be off to the England job after the championships.

Hopefully with the date set and it being limited to two weeks it shouldn't be too much of a disruption.

Do you have any preferences for our new manager? Arsene Wenger/ Ian Holloway

Who's available? Roy Keane

Who wouldn't you want? Bobby Robson

Sorry!

Do you have any preferences for our new manager? Arsene Wenger/ Ian Holloway

Who's available? Roy Keane

Who wouldn't you want? Bobby Robson

Sorry!

No great preferences really, just want someone with european experience and a younger manager that we could envisage as a longterm replacement. I also think we would be a very attractive proposition. Very talented squad, new stadium on the way, hopefully champions league. The most important thing for me is that Daniel Levy continues to hold onto our best players. Thats what a future manager will be looking at too. They'll be gaging the clubs ambition. They certainly won't want to be in a Moyes situation.

Sorry to upset the Man City Redknapp devotees but whats the point building a future on someone that will clear his desk and go the moment the FA come calling. Either way scrotum face is off whether its in february or after the european championships.

Edited by carmine