Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well we ground that one out. West Brom came for a nil nil draw and deserved nothing from the game. I thought it would take some individual brilliance to score and that was pretty much the case. A costly victory in terms of injuries and it looks like Gallas and Sandro will be out for a while so we really need Dawson, King and Parker fit asap.

BTW, the way the team was set up was crap again and apart from the potential of a flying headbutt i don't see what Joe Jordan brings to the table.

Nice to see Bale getting more of a free role these days. With the form he's in i want him on the ball as much as possible.

Agreed with most of what you said carmine, just add that i thought that kranks

looked shockingly off the pace, and my concerns about the match fitness of the bench stands.

just like to add , if as you say, a well organised team comes 4 a point sits in 2 banks of 4/5, in what 50 yards?,that no matter what formation a team takes, its gonna be v v difficult. TBH dont fancy our chances against Everton. Think we could well be coming into one of those 'difficult' times when we see the true metal of a team.

Agreed with most of what you said carmine, just add that i thought that kranks

looked shockingly off the pace, and my concerns about the match fitness of the bench stands.

just like to add , if as you say, a well organised team comes 4 a point sits in 2 banks of 4/5, in what 50 yards?,that no matter what formation a team takes, its gonna be v v difficult. TBH dont fancy our chances against Everton. Think we could well be coming into one of those 'difficult' times when we see the true metal of a team.

Yes i'm worried about the Everton game too. They're a decent side. We really need Parker and King back, for the mental strength as much as anything.

I thought Kranjcar was woefully slow and i noticed it took no time fror the commentators to pick up on it.

When i saw Woy's obvious tactics on 10 behind the ball i knew it would be tough and i think it was a very big win for us in vthe context of things. I also really don't like teams benefitting in any way from such negativity. The least they could have done is thrown everything at us for the first 20 minutes

Keeping the pressure up lads. I must admit I'd love it for us to come first and you lot second

I just didn't understand why West Brom wouldn't go for it in the first 20 minutes. They would have put us under immense pressure if they had scored. I'm expecting Everton to go for it next week and that game will be a huge test if we are still without King and Parker. We have Wolves, Wigan at the lane this month and your good selves so its going to be an interesting month.

One of the things that did surprise me last night was the energy and determination of VDV, while we know that he ain't blessed with the greatest pace and defensive qualities and probaly doesn't like that side of the game he really did seem like he was fighting for the cause so fair play to him 41.gif

Has VDV got a contract extension coming up?

Oh sorry we can't talk about the business side of things on here!

Harry must be shitting himself now,thanks for that informative link Abrak it really does point to doing time but as we al well know the system sometimes makes exceptions for certain people.

Has VDV got a contract extension coming up?

Oh sorry we can't talk about the business side of things on here!

Harry must be shitting himself now,thanks for that informative link Abrak it really does point to doing time but as we al well know the system sometimes makes exceptions for certain people.

I've been telling you for months how serious the case is against him and its only now you understand!!! Theres also another one on the back burner. mfr_closed1.gif

I have understood all along,

Obviously you haven't as you have kept going on about him becoming the next England manager!

Don't annoy me this morning with stupid comments.

What you don't seem to understand is that just because someone is as guilty as sin does not mean they will necessarily be convicted.

Now then, off you go. Back to the Man Yoo in decline thread.

Carmine read my post again....

Harry must be shitting himself now,thanks for that informative link Abrak it really does point to doing time "but as we al well know the system sometimes makes exceptions for certain people."

Understand now?

When do you play your game in hand?

You also need to get scoring more goals sharpish. Your about 13 behind United on goal difference and that could be a key factor at the end like it was with us and Chelsea last year.

I believe its Everton next wednesday. I know what you mean about the goal difference but i think for us its still very much a case of getting the three points. I do see us giving some team a pounding, but generally speaking our current aspirations our just to get the points. We'd still be written off by most if we were five points clear with two games to play....something about the cracks appearing i think. biggrin.png

Have you noticed how MrRed doesn't want to talk about football anymore just Harry's trial. giggle.gif

Have you noticed how MrRed doesn't want to talk about football anymore just Harry's trial. giggle.gif

To be honest, if I was a Man United fan at the moment, I'd sooner be talking about knitting patterns or exchanging Broccolli Soup recipes rather than talking about football tongue.png

To be honest, if I was a Man United fan at the moment, I'd sooner be talking about knitting patterns or exchanging Broccolli Soup recipes rather than talking about football tongue.png

Theres too much sulking going on that thread. Times are a changing and they would be better off getting used to it. I reckon Ferguson will get two more years before being eased sideways to be replaced by the Special One, who, by that time will have achieved what his ego deanded at Madrid. I look at the Utd squad now, then i look at ours and i don't fear them anymore. Whether we beat them at white hart lane time will tell but i think the bookies would shade it to us. Utd are slipping, not just on the back of a couple of lousy performances but on the back of too many players in their latter playing days and no decent cover for the injured ones. They made some great buys in, for example Jones and Smalling but there are cracks all over the place. Just my opinion ofcourse

Theres too much sulking going on that thread. Times are a changing and they would be better off getting used to it. I reckon Ferguson will get two more years before being eased sideways to be replaced by the Special One, who, by that time will have achieved what his ego deanded at Madrid. I look at the Utd squad now, then i look at ours and i don't fear them anymore. Whether we beat them at white hart lane time will tell but i think the bookies would shade it to us. Utd are slipping, not just on the back of a couple of lousy performances but on the back of too many players in their latter playing days and no decent cover for the injured ones. They made some great buys in, for example Jones and Smalling but there are cracks all over the place. Just my opinion ofcourse

yes carmine, we are in a transition period, like last year.....better get mr global mod to pin that man united in decline thread to the top of the page like he has been dying to do... lol

Good new on the injury front...Lennon and Parker apparently ok for Everton and may be getting a run out against Cheltenham.

I've just edited to say that this would allow Harry to go back to a 4-4-1-1. Like Alfie i was very impressed with the work rate of VDV and he even tracked back!! However i'd much rather see Bale and Lennon on the wings with Modric and Parker in the middle and VDV dropping in behind Adebayor. We'll probably have Dawson back too so he would partner Kaboul if Ledleys still out.

Edited by carmine

better get mr global mod to pin that man united in decline thread to the top of the page like he has been dying to do... lol

Typical RAG comment. Thinking a thread about United is worthy of pinning. Dream on. biggrin.png

while your at it, did you ever sell tevez yet? and take that United thing of your kit ? ;)

better get mr global mod to pin that man united in decline thread to the top of the page like he has been dying to do... lol

Typical RAG comment. Thinking a thread about United is worthy of pinning. Dream on. biggrin.png

while your at it, did you ever sell tevez yet? and take that United thing of your kit ? wink.png

You two need to get a room or start up your own thread to waffle on about all things mancunian. wai.gif

You will be favorites with the bookies for the match against Utd at WHL by virtue of your home advantage not by virtue of being a better team. You have only lost once at WHL this season and only lost once last. Of course City only dropped 2 points in the League at home in the whole of the last calendar year and Utd only dropped 2 points at home in the whole of last season.

OMG Jimbo...he has become a global mod....does that mean he can ban all of us and not just the local ragheads?