Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Doubt he would have signed a new contract if he didn't have a clue who the new manager was.

Just to add that Corluka's off to Lokomotiv Moscow. He's been a good solid player for us, wish him well.

Yep, looks like it's all happening over the next week, new manager, new players, perhaps some new investment, Happy Days 113.gif

Doubt he would have signed a new contract if he didn't have a clue who the new manager was.

Just to add that Corluka's off to Lokomotiv Moscow. He's been a good solid player for us, wish him well.

Yep, looks like it's all happening over the next week, new manager, new players, perhaps some new investment, Happy Days 113.gif

Sure we'll have to wait and see but it looks like next week could be a very big week for the club. New training ground opening too which is apparently superb and based back where it should be in north London.

Now we just need a bit of a Levy special in the transfer market to off Modric to Madrid for a player plus cash deal. Tell me Alf, do you think AVB ermm.gifwhistling.gif has asked for Nuri Sahin in the deal? biggrin.png If we could get anywhere near 30m plus Sahin for 27 year old rat face that would be a hell of a deal....

Sure we'll have to wait and see but it looks like next week could be a very big week for the club. New training ground opening too which is apparently superb and based back where it should be in north London.

Now we just need a bit of a Levy special in the transfer market to off Modric to Madrid for a player plus cash deal. Tell me Alf, do you think AVB ermm.gifwhistling.gif has asked for Nuri Sahin in the deal? biggrin.png If we could get anywhere near 30m plus Sahin for 27 year old rat face that would be a hell of a deal....

I like the look of that deal. It would fund our much needed new striker as well.

Do you lot live in a fantasy world 30m plus Sahin for Modricbiggrin.png

Carms didn't say 30m plus Sahin, he actually said

If we could get anywhere near 30m plus Sahin
which is a little bit different, besides Sahin only cost Real 10 m euros, so that makes 38 m pounds for Modric when we turned down 40 m from the chavs.

Still, what ever we get for him it's going to be a bit more than your paltry 22m offer, cheapskates, best you stick with your sushi chef and boy wonder 15.gif

The big fantasy with player plus cash deals is that they are often rumored but virtually never ever happen. I cant actually think of a major player plus cash deal that has actually materialized over the past 2 years (not that I have thought very hard.)

The big fantasy with player plus cash deals is that they are often rumored but virtually never ever happen. I cant actually think of a major player plus cash deal that has actually materialized over the past 2 years (not that I have thought very hard.)

I think few of the egos now could take the pain of being the makeweight in a deal. biggrin.png

Or wage issues as well I suppose.

I think few of the egos now could take the pain of being the makeweight in a deal. biggrin.png

Or wage issues as well I suppose.

Agreed also it could be viewed, rightly or wrongly, as sort of sending a negative statement of where about the club is taking someone's ' rejects. Personally if we got 30 mil plus i c 35 as a high,forget the chelsea bid, it's gone, for modric, i'de like to go for Johnson at man city, though i suspect he' s he's paid so much, he's gonna have to see his contract out mainly on the bench, which is a shame.

Carms didn't say 30m plus Sahin, he actually said

If we could get anywhere near 30m plus Sahin
which is a little bit different, besides Sahin only cost Real 10 m euros, so that makes 38 m pounds for Modric when we turned down 40 m from the chavs.

Still, what ever we get for him it's going to be a bit more than your paltry 22m offer, cheapskates, best you stick with your sushi chef and boy wonder 15.gif

Yes i am quite happy with those two signings and with some of the youth players coming through we will be alright, still hoping to address or lack of a play maker and a defensive midfielder, but as we cannot compete with the big money clubs, that will have to be addressed through our youth coming through, or a lesser name talent who will not cost to much.

I don't think we are in for Modric we don''t have the cash to buy him, but would like him at united but not holding my breath.

You should have taken 40mill for Modric when Chelsea offered as you will not get close to that now.

15.gif

You should have taken 40mill for Modric when Chelsea offered as you will not get close to that now.

Agreed Financially it seemed the thing to do, but Saying no to the Chelsea 40 mil wasn't about the cash, it was more of a statement of intent on our part.

So the vile unemployed scrotum face is now claiming Villas-Boas should be challenging for the title next season! Yet wasn't it a "miracle" that we could finish fourth last season. Our new manager has had a taste of the vitriol he'll recieve from the gutter press with a recent piece of journalistic trash from the Mirror and Express and now Redknapps stepping into the fray!

Why did the club ever stand by that lying crook. Just hope Spurs fans stay behind the new guy and hopefully the media hacks and their <deleted> wipes they call newspapers will target someone else.

Hopefully next week Spurs fans will see a real show of intent from the club which will coincide with the opening of our new training ground.

Hopefully next week Spurs fans will see a real show of intent from the club which will coincide with the opening of our new training ground.

Yep big week coming up, perhaps some kind of new investment !

Edited by alfieconn

Yep big week coming up, perhaps some kind of new investment !

Its about time for some investment isn't it. This could be a very big week...i just hope it doesn't end up flat like most of our pre seasons! Interesting to see Joe Lewis being a lot more visible these days. Now that he's rekindled the one billion he lost in his Bear Sterns investment he might put his hand in his pocket. wink.png

Well i suppose ide better shut the fuc up about vb, i still cant believe were actually Donna do it, BUT lets hope I'm wrong.

I think carmine wants his apology on here rather than by PM. laugh.png

It take s two to tango!! and apologise for what exactlycoffee1.gif

Well i suppose ide better shut the fuc up about vb, i still cant believe were actually Donna do it, BUT lets hope I'm wrong.

At least you admit to prancing round like an eejit sometimes. That will have to do i suppose. clap2.gif

Expect an announcement on Monday. wink.png

Capt sacking him, smokey thats just not true, his results were terrible and the performances matched

I'm well aware you would argue black was white at times rij.....AVB did a good job in Portugal....so I say give the laddie a chance. That's all.

I'm not sure about this appointment either but at least get behind him.

So you stand by Avb he was sacked by the capt ? and yeah he won some trophies in portugal,and he may well interview well in private but he was A DISASTER at Chelsea on every front, why the fuc risk a v healthy position on someone that vv recently failed BIG style

but on the other hand the daily mail ?, http://www.dailymail...-Tottenham.html

IMO Its the Star in a middle class veneer, hardly a credible source, for me they are pure foder for the gullible and ignorant, all they are concerned with is filling space and that it's not libellous, IMO until a credible source 'rubber stamps' the story then it's not worth the paper it's written upon

When it is confirmed rij...I want to see you eating some proper humble pie. Give and take here remember. smile.png

He signed on the 19th June smokes. Levy then flew off to see Uncle Joe at his orlando hq and suddenly the lawyers realised they had f*cked up over the gardening leave on his severence package hence the wait until july.

He has been directing all our transfer moves.

Nothing certain but its "nearly certain that Modric is off to either Madrid or PSG. Were after Mouthinho

I hope its a long press conference mate....would like to see two or three players joining him!

I know you are concerned about a striker. Arn't we all!! It seems the most likely scenario is that we keep Adebayor . Levy has lifted the wage cap and we can also offer him a one off signing on fee. We'll still need someone else but no names look realistic. Doubt very much if Loic Remy will come and PSG are still trying for Damiao. I suppose VDV will then be our third striker and theres goals in Sigurdson aswell if he is confirmed.

Lots of gaps to be filled in still!! biggrin.png Incidentally, did you know AVB's premier league record at Chelsea was better than RDM's!! It was mission impossible at Chelsea what with Terry and Lampard fighting him every step of the way. Lets see what happens in a normal dressing room wth players that what to be in his team. Bale resigning is a prime example. Rat face can simply <deleted> off asap. We'll all have to sit back and hope the gamble pays off but it does seem that he was the only candidate and the only one spoken too.

I hope its a long press conference mate....would like to see two or three players joining him!

I know you are concerned about a striker. Arn't we all!! It seems the most likely scenario is that we keep Adebayor . Levy has lifted the wage cap and we can also offer him a one off signing on fee. We'll still need someone else but no names look realistic. Doubt very much if Loic Remy will come and PSG are still trying for Damiao. I suppose VDV will then be our third striker and theres goals in Sigurdson aswell if he is confirmed.

Lots of gaps to be filled in still!! biggrin.png Incidentally, did you know AVB's premier league record at Chelsea was better than RDM's!! It was mission impossible at Chelsea what with Terry and Lampard fighting him every step of the way. Lets see what happens in a normal dressing room wth players that what to be in his team. Bale resigning is a prime example. Rat face can simply <deleted> off asap. We'll all have to sit back and hope the gamble pays off but it does seem that he was the only candidate and the only one spoken too.

Its a new direction for this season...sure he's unproven but I'm liking what i'm hearing so far. Time will tell....another striker as well as Adebayor would be great though yeah.

Its a new direction for this season...sure he's unproven but I'm liking what i'm hearing so far. Time will tell....another striker as well as Adebayor would be great though yeah.

Whilst i fully agree its a gamble i am happy with his appointment. What went on at Chelsea was a simple case of the owner bowing down to player power and not sticking with his chosen manager. saying that you can't argue with their cup wins . I'm just saying that i think we've made the right decision to take our club forward. I really think there will be a big signing but i haven't heard anything to back this up. There should be a big kitty though what with Corluka gone along with probably Dos Santos and Modric.

The biggest concern iare the poisonous pens of the media and their seeming determination to prove that Levy was wrong to sack wobbly

New signings and a new direction.....I'm happy with that. The team was looking stale the latter part of the season. Certainly we need an injection of new blood into the side.

There must be significant funds available...net spend last season of £-30m remember.

At least you admit to prancing round like an eejit sometimes. That will have to do i suppose. clap2.gif

Expect an announcement on Monday. wink.png

Best you show me where 'i admit to 'prancing around like an idiot' carmine,

One of the reasons we argue carmine is you read things not as they are written, but as you want them to be, and yet again we have another example.

Edited by rijit

I listened a lot to what was said about vb b4 and after he left chelsea, one crit' that was constant throughout from his ex staff to ex players to his ex managers he was a loner that had difficulty handling relationships within the work environment, seems the way he handled himself at Chelsea held that crit up, every player, staff member is aware and accepts that when a new manager comes there's Donna be some changes, ITS STANDARD how the manager goes about it, imo sets the tone for how his tenure is gonna go, v b came in heavy handily and rather stupidly andfuc_ked things up lets hope he does better at spurs, cant see it myself, I saw NOTHING, team selection, tactically, I repeat NOTHING,, from his time at Chelsea to convince me that he will do a good job at spurs but if he's appointed i'll give him a fair go and as I said i genuinely hope my opinion is wrong and we are on the cusp of a new and exciting era,

Edited by rijit