Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I see the Beeb has posted an article about David Moyes' comments on who he would most like to sign from the Euros 2012. I rushed to open the article thinking he might have spotted that underlooked talent, but no - he would sign Christiano Ronaldo if he had the money. He thinks Barca are the best team in the world right now too.

Quick Spurs, sign him up! He's a footballing genius.

[To be fair, the article is such an awful piece of non-news he must have made an enemy of some editor at the Beeb]

so as an ex ref was Spains goal offside?, looked v v much like it to me.

But yeah, Ari's going to be a dificult act 2 follow, for all his faults in terms of league positions he's,probably been the most successful since billy nick ,4th 5th and 4th is a dam_n good record.

Regarding the future Ok we finished fourth last year, but squad wise things are far from settled at spurs there's a bloody lot of work for the new manager to sort out, all the players on loan, the Modric situ' plus a 40 year old keeper, who wont last 4 ever, the strike force needs some extra quality and adeboy situ needs sorting,

From what i gleam villa boas hasn't got a clue about handling players, look what the prick did to anelka and alex, yeah transfer them no probs but sticking them to train with the youth team!!!!, the blokes a fool and him joining, a player exodus wouldnt surprise me.

Saying that the right man IMO, can go on and challenge for the title, but with the wrong one, imo spurs wont just stay still, they will slide into mid table obscurity. But the more I think about it, the more i'm going down the 'experienced' road, capello fits the bill for me, steady hand ect ect.

I was thinking of this post carms 4.gif

I see the Beeb has posted an article about David Moyes' comments on who he would most like to sign from the Euros 2012. I rushed to open the article thinking he might have spotted that underlooked talent, but no - he would sign Christiano Ronaldo if he had the money. He thinks Barca are the best team in the world right now too.

Quick Spurs, sign him up! He's a footballing genius.

[To be fair, the article is such an awful piece of non-news he must have made an enemy of some editor at the Beeb]

so as an ex ref was Spains goal offside?, looked v v much like it to me.

But yeah, Ari's going to be a dificult act 2 follow, for all his faults in terms of league positions he's,probably been the most successful since billy nick ,4th 5th and 4th is a dam_n good record.

Regarding the future Ok we finished fourth last year, but squad wise things are far from settled at spurs there's a bloody lot of work for the new manager to sort out, all the players on loan, the Modric situ' plus a 40 year old keeper, who wont last 4 ever, the strike force needs some extra quality and adeboy situ needs sorting,

From what i gleam villa boas hasn't got a clue about handling players, look what the prick did to anelka and alex, yeah transfer them no probs but sticking them to train with the youth team!!!!, the blokes a fool and him joining, a player exodus wouldnt surprise me.

Saying that the right man IMO, can go on and challenge for the title, but with the wrong one, imo spurs wont just stay still, they will slide into mid table obscurity. But the more I think about it, the more i'm going down the 'experienced' road, capello fits the bill for me, steady hand ect ect.

I was thinking of this post carms 4.gif

thumbsup.gif Let hope Modric goes, we don't need the little sh1t anymore if this week pans out well.

Seems like the dressing room is united, or i doubt Gareth would have signed a new contract. Apart from Corluka, is there anyone who is reportedly leaving that you would want to keep?

Edited by carmine

Looks like we have an arab consortium investing significantly in the club which is why we have increased Bales wages to over 100000 p/w and will probably now keep Adebayor permanently.

Yes seems odd for Levy and Lewis to break your wage structure of 10 years all of a sudden.

So what is the latest on the Arab consortium is for a club takeover or new stadium naming rights?

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Looks like we have an arab consortium investing significantly in the club which is why we have increased Bales wages to over 100000 p/w and will probably now keep Adebayor permanently.

Yes seems odd for Levy and Lewis to break your wage structure of 10 years all of a sudden.

So what is the latest on the Arab consortium is for a club takeover or new stadium naming rights?

Looks like the scousers are getting worried 42.gif

Looks like the scousers are getting worried 42.gif

I wonder what the Man Yoo fans are thinking Alfredo? biggrin.png

http://www.guardian....ttenham-hotspur they suggest that its been raised to £70,000 per week,

levy's done well to hold onto a wage structure for so long. but breaking it was only a matter of time, where the 'limit' goes from here, time will tell. One things for sure, if man city keep their history of spending irresponsibly up and Chelseas renewed vigour of out bidding most others it's hardly likely to go down.

Edited by rijit

It does beg the question why a sought after talent like Bale would sign a new contract with a "managerless" club too doesn't it. Especially as the gutter press keep saying how there is going to be a mass exodus. The same could be said of Sigurdson if its true he's signed.

Funny really the Bale situation because Redhnapp was all for loaning him out because he didn't rate him. Then Assou Ekotto got injured and he had to play him. For the last two seasons we had to put up with that turd claiming the credit for Bale in the knowledge that baring an injury Redknapp wouldn't have played him.

Makes you wonder whether the same could be said of Dos Santos. He put in a couple of blinding performances in the cups and then promptly got dropped again.

I digress Dev but regards the investors all should hopefully be revealed this week.

I just wish they would make the announcement and put us out of our misery!

Edited by carmine

Aye laddie, How much do you think you can wrangle out of Man City for Modric and Bale...?

biggrin.png were not a selling club anymore mate! Theres no way we would let a rival have Modric either and gareth's going nowhere.

I know the Guardian says/guesses that Bales wages are up to 70k per week. Theres no way he would accept that with every big club in europe interested in him. That would be almost derisory compaired to the sort of salary he could get elsewhere.

I am told rightly or wrongly he's now on well over 100k and its not to increase his value to sell but to keep him a happy chappie. A player on a long contract will cost another club more to buy but it wouldn't help his personal package would it.

The papers clearly have no idea whats going on at Spurs and are making everything up. Strange that.

Well, as your very own Greavsie says, "Football is a funny old game".

I admired how Levy held out against Chelsea last term vis a vis Modric, but will the Arabs waving their blank cheques be too much for him to bear especially now he's got shot of Redknapp?

Well, as your very own Greavsie says, "Football is a funny old game".

I admired how Levy held out against Chelsea last term vis a vis Modric, but will the Arabs waving their blank cheques be too much for him to bear especially now he's got shot of Redknapp?

It looks like our own set of Arabs will be writing large cheques very soon. :D

The AEG bid thing seems to have disappeared, Anyone got any links or information regarding the supposed Arab investment, or is it just chat room speculation?

Edited by rijit

Cant really see us negotiating a deal for adeboy, he cost 25 ish mil of which i would suspect man city would want 2 recoup a fair proportion of that, not a prob 4 us but what is, is he has another 2 years left at, a well reported 170 g a week, why would he take a wage cut, we wouldn't want to damage his personal package, would we, after all its a very sensitive area., Though at the mo imo his style doesn't really suit mancini , but would going bac to them and sitting on the bench or in the reserves for a while soften his negotiating position? maybe or is it more likely he heads of to china or Russia? every game i saw him play i thought he worked hard and overall 17 goals in 34 starts, by what ever standard is a good return. what ever he does , i wish him well,he put the shirt on and he performed well, no need to be slagging someone or abusing someone because he wants to move on is there!!!

Edited by rijit

thumbsup.gif Let hope Modric goes,

Hilarious...biggrin.png

Why is it?

I think its a cry for help. He's obviously heard the rumours around the club too. I'm sure he was laughing hysterically when Bale signed his new contract last week.

Could be an interesting development, http://www.metro.co....t#ixzz1zVPDxeGY

I can't see this happening in a million years. Sturridge won't be allowed to move to us...no chance.

, Can see where your coming from, but Who knows, he might be slightly pissed/concerned he didnt seem to feature for de matt's a lot come the end of the season, could be argued that it cost him his england 2012 place? or perhaps he just liked the way vb set his team up, stranger things have been known,,,, maybe. I defo wouldn't mind him joining tho, if he did would it prompt defoe 2 push harder for a move., who knows, time will tell.

I can't see this happening in a million years. Sturridge won't be allowed to move to us...no chance.

, Can see where your coming from, but Who knows, he might be slightly pissed/concerned he didnt seem to feature for de matt's a lot come the end of the season, could be argued that it cost him his england 2012 place? or perhaps he just liked the way vb set his team up, stranger things have been known,,,, maybe. I defo wouldn't mind him joining tho, if he did would it prompt defoe 2 push harder for a move., who knows, time will tell.

I'd see Sturridge competing more with Lennon. I wish we would find a replacement or at least some proper competition for that place...he is too inconsistent for my liking.

I'd see Sturridge competing more with Lennon. I wish we would find a replacement or at least some proper competition for that place...he is too inconsistent for my liking.

Cant really see the comparison smokes , lennons an out and out pacy right winger, sturridge is an out and out goal scorer/ poacher, Chelsea may have played him on the r/h/s of a front 3 but he aint a winger,, think lennons inconsistency is more down to him being prone to muscular injuries, seems to get over one and then it reoccurs and or picks up another, setting him bac, but yeah, we certainly could do with some pacey cover/competition, dyer looks the part to me, a touch small, but he's certainly got a touch of class about him and could well be ready to step up and might we be able to get him 4 more reasonable money than say Moses.?

This is another rumour that keeps on cropping up, cant see him wanting to leave them, but with 1 year left on his contract u never know.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/premier-league/47724/arsenal-laugh-%C2%A38m-bid-van-persie-spurs-want-walcott

The problem with Sturridge is that his wages at Chelsea are reportedly 90-95k. Not of course totally outrageous but far too high considering that he would essentially be a squad member rather than a primary striker.

No chance, Smokes.

Sturridge is NOT a winger and hates playing out wide. That was one of the problems he had with AVB, kept getting played out of position.

Personally I think Sturridge is a very good player, perhaps not quite as good as HE thinks, and he has a complete tw@t of an agent

No chance, Smokes.

Sturridge is NOT a winger and hates playing out wide. That was one of the problems he had with AVB, kept getting played out of position.

Personally I think Sturridge is a very good player, perhaps not quite as good as HE thinks, and he has a complete tw@t of an agent

:D I wouldn"t pay much attention to London's free daily rag in any case.