Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I think you guys will still get Adebayor (probably on the last day of the transfer window). Sounds like a typical Levy type deal. Slightly surprised you are not after Lloris from Lyon. I have a feeling there would need to be a tear in the Universe's space time continuum for there to be agreement between Levy on the one hand and Porto on the other over say, Mortinho.

No chance, Smokes.

Sturridge is NOT a winger and hates playing out wide. That was one of the problems he had with AVB, kept getting played out of position.

Personally I think Sturridge is a very good player, perhaps not quite as good as HE thinks, and he has a complete tw@t of an agent

biggrin.png I wouldn"t pay much attention to London's free daily rag in any case.

One step further up the news paper 'food chain' http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2168008/Tottenham-want-Daniel-Sturridge-Brazils-Oscar.html

I think you guys will still get Adebayor (probably on the last day of the transfer window). Sounds like a typical Levy type deal. Slightly surprised you are not after Lloris from Lyon. I have a feeling there would need to be a tear in the Universe's space time continuum for there to be agreement between Levy on the one hand and Porto on the other over say, Mortinho.

Yes that would sound about right for levy, lets hope he doesn't leave the signings late like he did last season, never mind ari's well docod fuc ups it could be argued that the lateness of those signings cost us dearly

Anyway, But is the time right for man city to sell on?, with 2 years on his contract his transfer value is diminishing, atm maybe 15 mil?

yet from the players point of view he's wages for 2 years are 17 mil, Come on u accountants fill us in get ure calc's out. rightly or wrongly, 'diminishing returns springs to mind?

As 4 mortinho, there's talk of a 40 mil euro buy out clause in his contract , good player, but, imo 2 much money. couldn't there be better value out there?

Sturridge is one for the future at Chelsea. He aint moving to the Lane rij.

Suggest reading the Independent...usually more reliable info. >_>

I read the guardian and thats better than most,imo that includes the indie. But lets face it none of the 'news papers' are reliable, but the bbc do put all the interesting news paper football/transfer gossip onto one page check it out, its worth a look.

and the latest news is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18610066

Edited by rijit

Jan Vertoghen will be a Spurs player and should be announced in the next few days.

This gives us a quartet of JV, Kaboul Caulker and Dawson. Doubts theres a better quartet in the league.

I don't think Dany Rose, baring significant improvement is a good enough left back and we obviously need a striker. Howver it looks a good bet Adebayor is staying.

Jan Vertoghen will be a Spurs player and should be announced in the next few days.

This gives us a quartet of JV, Kaboul Caulker and Dawson. Doubts theres a better quartet in the league.

I don't think Dany Rose, baring significant improvement is a good enough left back and we obviously need a striker. Howver it looks a good bet Adebayor is staying.

Sorry, meant to say i think Danny Rose is nowhere near good enough! whistling.gif

Yep - you will almost definitely be winning the EPL this year - againlaugh.png

[Do they sing barber shop or classical?]

Yep - you will almost definitely be winning the EPL this year - againlaugh.png

[Do they sing barber shop or classical?]

Hilarious santi, you should be on stage.

Apart from some absolute illiterate idiot saying that he 's being appointed, have you found anything that even suggests he's going to be?

smile.png Seems like my source is more reliable than the newspapers you read. Not bad for anilliterate idiot.

Just remember, you heard it first on here nearly three weeks ago. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Apart from some absolute illiterate idiot saying that he 's being appointed, have you found anything that even suggests he's going to be?

smile.png Seems like my source is more reliable than the newspapers you read. Not bad for anilliterate idiot.

Just remember, you heard it first on here nearly three weeks ago. coffee1.gif

I'm sure he'll be full of remorse and insight when he reads your post carms. ;)

sounds like he's got his immediate work cut out http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15122/7862170/To-do-list

I know levy has supposedly set his stall out and said he won't sell Modric to another prem club but being realistic how many clubs that can afford him,? 6 ish? and tbh personally I wouldn't really care if he went to Chelsea, if they say gave us 25 mil plus sturridge.

Yep a gross misjudgement of Carmines literary abilities, as for the VB shout yeah seems a good shout

or did some one just put 2 and 2, 2 gether? from something like this this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18480662.which was 3ish days after ari was sacked and got lucky, what ever,But , cred where creds due carmine got the bit between his teeth and stood by what he though was correct

Havent heard anything more about the 100grand a week wage limit change tho ? if only from this recent managerial go round we've learnt levy luv's his little stage managed pr campaigns,ie press leaks ect ect, makes me think if it's going to or it has happened, we may well have heard something about it by now, perhaps we will when and if we make some really big money signings. Next big transfer anyone? Modric seems a dead cert and the rumours about van der vart leaving dont seem to be going away!!

Personally I would have thought that Spurs loosening its wage structure has more to do with the new Premier League Broadcasting Rights deal which will bring in the club something like an extra 19m a year (it doesnt have much impact on the other top clubs as they have already spent in excess of their revenues).

The Kuwaiti deal (sponsorship and 24.9% stake in ENIC) if it happens is really to finance the new stadium.

Edited by Abrak

Personally I would have thought that Spurs loosening its wage structure has more to do with the new Premier League Broadcasting Rights deal which will bring in the club something like an extra 19m a year (it doesnt have much impact on the other top clubs as they have already spent in excess of their revenues).

The Kuwaiti deal (sponsorship and 24.9% stake in ENIC) if it happens is really to finance the new stadium.

As normal abrak interesting comment, but where did you hear about the kuwait deal ? Linkies??

And yeah i'm sure your right bout where the xtra cash comes from, but my comment was more about levy's leaning to telling all b4 it

actually happens, 'laying the ground' as such and as far as i can c there's been abso no leaks or hints of it reachin anywhere near £100g's

as yet.

As normal abrak interesting comment, but where did you hear about the kuwait deal ? Linkies??

And yeah i'm sure your right bout where the xtra cash comes from, but my comment was more about levy's leaning to telling all b4 it

actually happens, 'laying the ground' as such and as far as i can c there's been abso no leaks or hints of it reachin anywhere near £100g's

as yet.

The 'news' about sponsorship+minority stake (maybe) was in The Times (which is very reliable for Liverpool stories). In any case, it makes sense on the basis that the new stadium needs 150m of sponsorship and 80m of equity in order to finance it. Also Levy is unlikely to sell a stake in ENIC to finance player acquisitions/wage increase as it isnt shareholder value enhancing whilst selling a stake to finance the build of a stadium is.

As far as Bale's salary obviously I have no idea and Levy wont be telling anybody but these things do tend to get out. And it was bound to happen - Prem rights make up a fair chunk of all clubs revenues and prem clubs pay out 70% of their revenues as salaries, so if domestic Prem Rights rise 70% it is bound to filter through to wages.

as yet.

The 'news' about sponsorship+minority stake (maybe) was in The Times (which is very reliable for Liverpool stories). In any case, it makes sense on the basis that the new stadium needs 150m of sponsorship and 80m of equity in order to finance it. Also Levy is unlikely to sell a stake in ENIC to finance player acquisitions/wage increase as it isnt shareholder value enhancing whilst selling a stake to finance the build of a stadium is.

As far as Bale's salary obviously I have no idea and Levy wont be telling anybody but these things do tend to get out. And it was bound to happen - Prem rights make up a fair chunk of all clubs revenues and prem clubs pay out 70% of their revenues as salaries, so if domestic Prem Rights rise 70% it is bound to filter through to wages.

Could well do, depending of coarse on market forces. what did get out was that he's signed a new improved deal taking him up to £ 70, 0000 a week, I believe above our prev level but till well short of the speculative 100,g http: //www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/01/andre-villas-boas-tottenham-hotspur

Yep a gross misjudgement of Carmines literary abilities, as for the VB shout yeah seems a good shout

or did some one just put 2 and 2, 2 gether? from something like this this? http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18480662.which was 3ish days after ari was sacked and got lucky, what ever,But , cred where creds due carmine got the bit between his teeth and stood by what he though was correct

Havent heard anything more about the 100grand a week wage limit change tho ? if only from this recent managerial go round we've learnt levy luv's his little stage managed pr campaigns,ie press leaks ect ect, makes me think if it's going to or it has happened, we may well have heard something about it by now, perhaps we will when and if we make some really big money signings. Next big transfer anyone? Modric seems a dead cert and the rumours about van der vart leaving dont seem to be going away!!

Seems like only PSG and Madrid have the cash for Modric if Levy sticks by his stance not to sell to competitors. Can't see Modric wanting to go and play in some soviet breakaway republic.

The transfer fund is rumoured to be between 50 and 80m but its also dependant on sales. Players to go will be JJ, Dos Santos, Gomes, Bentley and Gallas will either go to arabia or stay on a pay as you play basis. Ledley will stay at the club in a different capacity.

Sigurdsson is done as will be Vertoghen with maybe two more to follow. Fingers crossed for Spurs fans at the moment.

Seems like only PSG and Madrid have the cash for Modric if Levy sticks by his stance not to sell to competitors.

I would love to be a fly on the wall as Levy tells City they 'cant' have Modric for 40m but that Spurs want Adebayor on a 'free'!!

Seems like only PSG and Madrid have the cash for Modric if Levy sticks by his stance not to sell to competitors.

I would love to be a fly on the wall as Levy tells City they 'cant' have Modric for 40m but that Spurs want Adebayor on a 'free'!!

City don't need Modric do they so its an irrelevence.

Utterly....its as ridiculous as the RVP story. Citeh are buying everyone apparently...<yawn>

Utterly....its as ridiculous as the RVP story. Citeh are buying everyone apparently...<yawn>

I'll put more exclamation marks next time lads.

I was just pointing out the iron-nee of you guys not wishing to sell to a competitor while City, who can afford not to, seem happy to help theirs.

Incidentally I am not convinced that Real Madrid actually need Modric either.

IIncidentally I am not convinced that Real Madrid actually need Modric either.

Probably not, i've got a sneaky feeling Juve would like him, he's very similar to Nedved and they've never really replaced him, whether they want to wedge out or can afford modric's a different matter. But for sure it wont be long b4 they are up competing financially with the big boys of European footie. Chelsea are probably the the only club of the mega rich clubs that' you could actually see that they need Modric, and maybe utd.

I'm still convinced that van der vart' s going, siggi boy Plays in the same position as him, off the striker and drops into midfield when

needed, 4 sure, one of them's not gonna get a game if they are both at the club

or did some one just put 2 and 2, 2 gether? from something like this this? http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18480662.which was 3ish days after ari was sacked and got lucky, what ever,But , cred where creds due carmine got the bit between his teeth and stood by what he though was correct

Seems like only PSG and Madrid have the cash for Modric if Levy sticks by his stance not to sell to competitors. Can't see Modric wanting to go and play in some soviet breakaway republic.

The transfer fund is rumoured to be between 50 and 80m but its also dependant on sales. Players to go will be JJ, Dos Santos, Gomes, Bentley and Gallas will either go to arabia or stay on a pay as you play basis. Ledley will stay at the club in a different capacity.

Sigurdsson is done as will be Vertoghen with maybe two more to follow. Fingers crossed for Spurs fans at the moment.

I think for sure you will sign Dzagoev and one or both of Moutinho and Remy.

Not Sessignon now you have Icelander.

I think for sure you will sign Dzagoev and one or both of Moutinho and Remy.

Not Sessignon now you have Icelander.

Both please. :D

I never thought I'd be saying that this summer! :lol:

Incidentally I am not convinced that Real Madrid actually need Modric either.

since when did need matter? last summer madrid signed nuri sahin and they didn't need him and he's barely played for them. and he's fantastic. madrid's also the club that binned makelele 'cos he wasn't galactico enough for them.