Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Incidentally I am not convinced that Real Madrid actually need Modric either.

since when did need matter? last summer madrid signed nuri sahin and they didn't need him and he's barely played for them. and he's fantastic. madrid's also the club that binned makelele 'cos he wasn't galactico enough for them.

I think PSG is more likely to be honest. Or....he might well end up staying....exciting times at the Lane you know! wink.png

Great to see another of our young players signing a new contract in Steven Caulker.

All the news is positive at the moment....long may it continue! smile.png

Yes that fantastic news about Caulker. Funny thing, but apparently scrotum face was thinking about loaning him out again!! This kids going to be superb. I might well be biased but i think he's the best english center back prospect in the country. Doesn't really bode well for Dawson when Vertoghen completes. Reason being, Villas-Boas likes to play a high defensive line which means the center backs have to be quick, especially on the turn. Dawson is slow, the other three quick.

This was almost certainly a major reason for failure at the chavs and the Terry orchestrated mutiny. He's the turning oil tanker and way too slow as shown in the euros when Ibrahimovic made him the the total and utter c**t his is. At Chelsea terry was keeping the line deep to accomdate his lack of pace.

Our tactics will be a high line with us pressing high up the pitch. Interestingly Modric might really suit an AVB team!

Edited by carmine

Great to see another of our young players signing a new contract in Steven Caulker.

Yes that fantastic news about Caulker. Funny thing, but apparently scrotum face was thinking about loaning him out again!! This kids going to be superb. I might well be biased but i think he's the best english center back prospect in the country. Doesn't really bode well for Dawson when Vertoghen completes. Reason being, Villas-Boas likes to play a high defensive line which means the center backs have to be quick, especially on the turn. Dawson is slow, the other three quick.

This was almost certainly a major reason for failure at the chavs and the Terry orchestrated mutiny. He's the turning oil tanker and way too slow as shown in the euros when Ibrahimovic made him the the total and utter c**t his is. At Chelsea terry was keeping the line deep to accomdate his lack of pace.

Our tactics will be a high line with us pressing high up the pitch. Interestingly Modric might really suit an AVB team!

Its nearly a week into July and Modric hasn't been crying to the press yet. What's wrong with him I wonder?

Its nearly a week into July and Modric hasn't been crying to the press yet. What's wrong with him I wonder?

He's probably finding out that there are not many places to go that will accomodate the mutual wishes of him, his agent and Daniel Levy. We have him by the <deleted> anyway so who cares what the little turd does

Rumours emerging that we are looking at Jack Butland and not necessarily Hugo Lloris as the papers are implying. I'm all for bringing in young players but this is a 19 year old who was at Cheltenham last season and i believe deputising for Ruddy at Brum. Seems unlikely and too big a risk to me. Think we'll have to get someone though.

One things for sure Brads not getting any younger and Cudicini isn't far behind. i don't think many of us could handle the added pressure of gomes back in goal.

Ok, joke of the day & i apologise in advance for how incredibly predictable T*ttingham it actually is, but it's taken from one of our wonderful tabloids this morning..

" Tottenham club insiders claim they are 'convinced' that Sigurdsson will become a better player than Luka Modric will ever be. "

Quite incredible, but incredibly T*ttingham biggrin.png

Ok, joke of the day & i apologise in advance for how incredibly predictable T*ttingham it actually is, but it's taken from one of our wonderful tabloids this morning..

" Tottenham club insiders claim they are 'convinced' that Sigurdsson will become a better player than Luka Modric will ever be. "

Always nice when you grace us with your esteemed presence singh. Modric and Sigurdsson are different players mate as you well know. Atleast the icelandic can score some goals seeing as that turd Modric managed about three last season. If i remember correctly you thought that Modric was overated anyway didn't you. thumbsup.gif Now heres one for you......you lot are getting Billy Gallas on a free....should be good for half a dozen games and a lot more tantrums.

That concludes the Wet Spam transfer business until january.

Well the tart with a football opinion raises her head again!!! Showing yet again she should stick to pantie hoses,comparing Modric and siggy LOL Van deer vart is the player that siggy is like, van der vart plays of the striker and drops into the midfield EXACTLY the same as siggy, As v d v is approaching/into? the last year of his contract, so ide probably go as far to say that he was brought into replace van der vart, but hey ho time will tell. Best you stick to washing up ,got to be on a par with watching one of big sams thud ball teams

Jan Vertoghen deal done and he arrives at WHL next week. Second excellent signing. Still a lot more going to happen apparently.

Great news. Give me a striker next please! smile.png

All in good time mate. To be fair, when can you ever remember us actually doing business this early? Its very promising. I haven't seem a great deal of this guy but he is very highly rated and it makes us very strong in central defence.

I hope this talk of us selling VDV is the usual newspaper talk because i think it would be madness to sell him, atleast not for another season and let Sigurdsson find his feet.

Still think Modric is off...

Well that shouldn't be hard Joseph as according to you Modric is no better than Benayoun 4.gif

This will be they year, oh sorry maybe next year, or the year after......blah, blah, blah

Sorry, where has anyone said this will be the year ?

Didn't your ex manager say this to the press?

This will be they year, oh sorry maybe next year, or the year after......blah, blah, blah

No one at the club cares what that crooked old tax dodger says. All he's trying to do along with his tabloid pals is to heap pressure on our new manager.

Whats our ex-manager got to do with our football club now ?

I see carms that your mate OGY is saying Stefen Freund is coming back, done very well coaching in Germany apparently.

Yes it seems he has done a very good job and if so the combination of him and Sherwood is very interesting and they know each other very well.

Whats our ex-manager got to do with our football club now ?

Nowt thats why i was wondering why he came out and said that, now carmine explains why it makes sense.

Reasonable read on our new manager http://www.guardian....dre-villas-boas

Yes i thought that was a good read too. Sure its a very big gamble but that article goes some way to understanding why Lewis and Levy made the decision they did.

As with all mistakes it depebds on how much is learnt from them.

I think most Spurs fans are fingers crossed and hopeful and theres really no other way to be at this time.

I see carms that your mate OGY is saying Stefen Freund is coming back, done very well coaching in Germany apparently.

Yes it seems he has done a very good job and if so the combination of him and Sherwood is very interesting and they know each other very well.

My first thought last month was that at least we have got rid of the strikers coach....still no idea what it was he did...or was supposed to do!