Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Thought it was a fine battling display, proving that we can more than compete without relying on pace and what we've got in reserve can more than step up. Siggy put in a good shift yet again, holtby is starting to show what we saw in his first few games, and what can you say about dempsey, 2, you could argue somewhat fortuitous goals , but who gives a flying, there's plenty that dont go in when they deserve to. What cost us was poor decision making, yet again at our near post from a set piece our defending was just shambolic, and just what the fuc planet was verity on when making that challenge??? if he's looked around there was enuf cover, totally piss poor decision and unfortunately it could somewhat justifiably be aimed that it cost us the game.. and adeboy' after leading the line so well, v v late on making a tremendous powerful acy run, totally bullying the cb's, then making making SUCH a poor decision, not to just simply lay it off 2 siggy , easy peassy, who would have been virtually clear on goal, double <deleted>!!!!!!! crazy.gifAnd I know hindsight is such a wonderful thing but adeboy to take a penalty? REALLY, tbh he'd be amongst the last ide want taking penalties. Still,, overall IMO we go out with our heads held up, felt we gave it a real go. Now, as the pundits said is a v v good time 2 have 10 days off. Next up lets secure that champs league spot.

Isn't a centre forwards job scoring goals?

If he's not to be trusted taking a penalty, then he shouldn't be in the team.

Not the best of thought out theories is that o's,

in defence of adeboy, not ignoring it was a piss poor penalty, adeboy to me, bit by bit is getting his act 2 gether, went into last nights game

having scored 2 in 2. I have to relate penalty taking to the pecking order for free kicks and IVE NEVER seen adeboy stand over or appear 2 b wanting or attempt to take a free kic, so why penalties last night? i suppose bottle has a lot to do with it, but surely walker carroll asseoboy, Dempsey, holtby are, or should be under orders or at least further up the pecking order , weird, but what ever. As for asseoboy, boy does he look sort of match fitness, when he came on, looked half a yard 2 slow, with him atm, it seems like your damned if you play him and equally damned if you don't !!!!

To be fair Rij, he must have wanted to take a penalty (which is half the battle) otherwise he wouldn't have taken it.

The problem was that he tried to be too clever instead of just smashing it into one of the corners.

A general thing about penalties is that players obviously don't practice them enough, i'm not talking about practising on the morning of a big game but taking say 20 pens everyday throughout a season, where the brain will get atoned to that particular movement and soon it will be like second nature plus the mental side of knowing youv'e smacked in 20 pens everyday, there's a name for it which esacapes me at the moment.

Repetition skills?

Doing something over and over until it becomes automatic and no need to think about being clever.

Another season done then chaps.......and the Arse are nibbling at your tails.

When can we start talking about all the new players Levy is going to bargain for!

Gareth Bale saga should be fun.

Bored Mr Ed? Go and throw some water at someonejerk.gif

When can we start talking about all the new players Levy is going to bargain for!

He should start with 'imself...smelly wee northern runt. tongue.png

• Like 1

Yes, what is this "nibbling at your tails" nonsense?

A win for the good guys against Norwich today and the tiny totts are out of the top 4....

Yes, what is this "nibbling at your tails" nonsense?

A win for the good guys against Norwich today and the tiny totts are out of the top 4....

Prawn munching happy clapper yuppies. Bog off Chicog!

Happy to see our game cancelled....hopefully Bale will be back for the next match! smile.png

Thought it was a fine battling display, proving that we can more than compete without relying on pace and what we've got in reserve can more than step up. Siggy put in a good shift yet again, holtby is starting to show what we saw in his first few games, and what can you say about dempsey, 2, you could argue somewhat fortuitous goals , but who gives a flying, there's plenty that dont go in when they deserve to. What cost us was poor decision making, yet again at our near post from a set piece our defending was just shambolic, and just what the fuc planet was verity on when making that challenge??? if he's looked around there was enuf cover, totally piss poor decision and unfortunately it could somewhat justifiably be aimed that it cost us the game.. and adeboy' after leading the line so well, v v late on making a tremendous powerful acy run, totally bullying the cb's, then making making SUCH a poor decision, not to just simply lay it off 2 siggy , easy peassy, who would have been virtually clear on goal, double <deleted>!!!!!!! crazy.gifAnd I know hindsight is such a wonderful thing but adeboy to take a penalty? REALLY, tbh he'd be amongst the last ide want taking penalties. Still,, overall IMO we go out with our heads held up, felt we gave it a real go. Now, as the pundits said is a v v good time 2 have 10 days off. Next up lets secure that champs league spot.

in defence of adeboy, not ignoring it was a piss poor penalty, adeboy to me, bit by bit is getting his act 2 gether, went into last nights game

having scored 2 in 2. I have to relate penalty taking to the pecking order for free kicks and IVE NEVER seen adeboy stand over or appear 2 b wanting or attempt to take a free kic, so why penalties last night? i suppose bottle has a lot to do with it, but surely walker carroll asseoboy, Dempsey, holtby are, or should be under orders or at least further up the pecking order , weird, but what ever. As for asseoboy, boy does he look sort of match fitness, when he came on, looked half a yard 2 slow, with him atm, it seems like your damned if you play him and equally damned if you don't !!!!

To be fair Rij, he must have wanted to take a penalty (which is half the battle) otherwise he wouldn't have taken it.

The problem was that he tried to be too clever instead of just smashing it into one of the corners.

A general thing about penalties is that players obviously don't practice them enough, i'm not talking about practising on the morning of a big game but taking say 20 pens everyday throughout a season, where the brain will get atoned to that particular movement and soon it will be like second nature plus the mental side of knowing youv'e smacked in 20 pens everyday, there's a name for it which esacapes me at the moment.

I believe you're thinking of "muscle memory".

• Like 1

I wish i had time to be bored mate.

We know your not bored mr red, little things ect ect, but how many times dow we have to tell you b4 it sinks in your just boring

Would it be effective for x time penalties, given the variables?

i would imagine it would help, no matter when the penalty was being taken.

Edited by alfieconn

We know your not bored mr red, little things ect ect, but how many times dow we have to tell you b4 it sinks in your just boring

Sorry rij you lost me .........what is boring? Bale"s departure or the price of eggs?

At the end of the day, i don't suppose it could do any harm.

but the logistics of 20 pens a day for 10? players, thats 200 , maybe 2 hours a day taking pens!!!

but the logistics of 20 pens a day for 10? players, thats 200 , maybe 2 hours a day taking pens!!!

The best players in the world are the ones who carry on by themselves even after the training day is over. I call it a day but in reality it's a few hours. Those who want to be the best practise constantly. Beckham used to have goals and a pretend wall in his garden. He would constantly try to bend it round the wall from all angles and that was in his spare time.

• Like 1

I remember reading an article that debunked the myth of natural talent. It covered all areas from musicians to sports stars and the conclusions were that the special individuals just practiced so much more than anyone else. I seem to recall that Federer used to practice after a match and Hendrix was never far from his guitar.

I remember reading an article that debunked the myth of natural talent. It covered all areas from musicians to sports stars and the conclusions were that the special individuals just practiced so much more than anyone else. I seem to recall that Federer used to practice after a match and Hendrix was never far from his guitar.

I'm not sure about how natural talent and left brain, right brain are scientifically linked, coupled with natural body physique but for sure if you practise more, you get better. And that bit isn't rocket science.

I'm not sure about how natural talent and left brain, right brain are scientifically linked, coupled with natural body physique but for sure if you practise more, you get better. And that bit isn't rocket science.

What about ability to read a game? Find the best pass...maybe the likes of Gazza?

How do you explain that?

I wasn't expecting 10 players to wait in a line like naughty schoolboys for 2 hours 24.gif

i think you've took it too literaly rij 40.gif

It wasn't meant to be compulsary, i was just saying that if a player wanted to improve his pens then this would be a way.

Even the logistics wouldn't be a problem, would only need 5 players as thats how many start off in a shoot out, 5 goals and i'm sure Spurs could muster a few footballs so bobs ya uncle, so from your figs thats 12 mins for the session to be finished, happy days.

Footnote : they would obviously be expected to come in on their days off to practice 4.gif

I wasn't expecting 10 players to wait in a line like naughty schoolboys for 2 hours 24.gif

It wasn't meant to be compulsary, i was just saying that if a player wanted to improve his pens then this would be a way.

Even the logistics wouldn't be a problem, would only need 5 players as thats how many start off in a shoot out, 5 goals and i'm sure Spurs could muster a few footballs so bobs ya uncle, so from your figs thats 12 mins for the session to be finished, happy days.

Footnote : they would obviously be expected to come in on their days off to practice 4.gif

At double time of course. wink.png

Always thought that you were a clever bastard bj but i never realised it was because you have 2 brains 23.gif

• Like 1

Thats <deleted> and only a chav would take it all in !

ould it be effective for x time penalties, given the variables?

At double time of course. wink.png

I'm now expecting rij to come back with " but what about the 5 goalkeepers " 4.gif

Thats <deleted> and only a chav would take it all in !

Well articulated. Maybe you use the talent myth to explain your inadequacies. ;-)

I didn't say it was fact, but I do believe the term 'naturally gifted' undermines the determination that some individuals have given to perfecting something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outliers_(book)

What about ability to read a game? Find the best pass...maybe the likes of Gazza?

How do you explain that?

I wasn't talking about that, just about practicing at anything makes you better.

Always thought that you were a clever bastard bj but i never realised it was because you have 2 brains 23.gif

http://testyourself.psychtests.com/testid/3178 wink.png

How do you explain that?

I wasn't talking about that, just about practicing at anything makes you better.

I see. Well.....thanks pop! tongue.png

How do you explain that?

I see. Well.....thanks pop! tongue.png

Anytime. biggrin.png

Kaboul has a grade 1 thigh strain.

Bale unlikely to feature next sunday

Lennon in still doubtful.

sad.png This could be a tough afternoon for us.

Sorry chaps! When theres any GOOD news will someone please post.

Edited by carmine

Arsenal 0-0 Everton? Youre not concentrating Carminelaugh.png

[must be all that energy being expended on tiffs]

Edited by SantiSuk

Arsenal 0-0 Everton? Youre not concentrating Carminelaugh.png

[must be all that energy being expended on tiffs]

It would take a lot more than a two bob loser like like to expend my energy. he just amuses me.smile.png

I'd take all the thick angry responses thrown at me to have a fit Bale and Lennon starting on sunday.

No excuses here from us because if we fall apart through injuries to key players we only have ourselves to blame for not having the cover.

You would have thought that Levy would have seen the importance of quality backup after the long term injuries to Parker Sandro and Kaboul for example. Add to that the stupidity of leaving us with only two out and out strikers.

We have always known we have been treading a dangerous path, as has Wenger i might add, with Wilshire.

Edited by carmine

Just had a quick scout around and can't find anything on Bale. Is he fit and playing today lads?

Answers on a postcard.

Likely we will keep you guessing as long as possible.

Reality is....no word from AVB likely means he will miss out. Going on recent form anyway....if both him and Lennon don't play Gawd help us today. sad.png

Edited by smokie36