Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Thinking about the Bale situation we really are onto a no lose situation, sell a player who cost us 30 bob for 70m or keep him biggrin.png

That's the spirit.

Of course, you want something at the end of it, like a new stadium.

biggrin.png

Good to see you are accepting the coming fact Alfredo! biggrin.png slowly slowly catch a monkey.

Thinking about the Bale situation we really are onto a no lose situation, sell a player who cost us 30 bob for 70m or keep him biggrin.png

At least one Spurs poster who won't break down if he goes.thumbsup.gif

I don't know of a Spurs fan that thinks any different. We're in a great position and what with Madrid fawning all over him were going to make a fortune.

The only big question mark is what will Levy do with the cash? Thats the worry.

Youre absolutely right Carmine, except the we're going to make a fortune, Levy will be the only one making the fortune.

Spurs will be left with a hole far too big to plug, even assuming Levy gives half to buy new players.

Have any ideas how to plug it and maintain the same level.?

To be fair ups, it was plugged in the couple of seasons before Bale started playing exceptionly well so i'm pretty sure it can plugged again, teams do lose there best players but it doesn't seem to affect them as much as people think it will, a bit like someone losing their leg, it seems like the end of the world at the time but in a couple of months they're up and running around like a spring chicken biggrin.png

Oh Mr Ed bless! You haven't been keeping up have you!! If you had you would know that Spurs fans are actually unfazed, even quite happy about the Bale situation. You see, its a win win situation. Sadly out of your price range

Try and keep upbiggrin.png

Well the emergence of Andros Townsend is a huge plus. We've been waithing for a couple of seasons now to see him start to fufill his potential. He also plays left of right. Also possibly a contributing factor in AVB releasing Falque.

Did you not hear he just a job with Bet Fred

Well the emergence of Andros Townsend is a huge plus. We've been waithing for a couple of seasons now to see him start to fufill his potential. He also plays left of right. Also possibly a contributing factor in AVB releasing Falque.

Did you not hear he just a job with Bet Fred

Not sure, any news on the girlfriend frony?

I know it's a <deleted> source, but if they came up with that sort of wedge would we turn it down?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/02/real-madrid-ready-to-offer-transfer-record-85million-for-gareth-bale-but-tottenham-wont-budge-3825538/?

I'm thinking,in the end, probably not,,,,,,, thoughts gentleman? you 2 Alfredotongue.png and leave nev alone, poor lad biggrin.png

I know it's a <deleted> source, but if they came up with that sort of wedge would we turn it down?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/02/real-madrid-ready-to-offer-transfer-record-85million-for-gareth-bale-but-tottenham-wont-budge-3825538/?

I'm thinking,in the end, probably not,,,,,,, thoughts gentleman? you 2 Alfredotongue.png and leave nev alone, poor lad biggrin.png

You make a good point rijit, at what price would Spurs say OK we sell?

Levy might think possible injury.....get dick all. £80 million is a lot of bread.

Levy might think possible injury.....get dick all. £80 million is a lot of bread.

If thats what they offer then i sincerely hope we do sell. It would be ridiculous not to. If they are that stupid up tp them.

If thats what they offer then i sincerely hope we do sell. It would be ridiculous not to. If they are that stupid up tp them.

No you don't, just preparing yourself in the eventuality.

No-one likes to see a star who has developed in their team go somewhere else.

Personally, I'd like to see them turn it down, buy a couple of quality players and be a title contender.......and so would you. biggrin.png

No you don't, just preparing yourself in the eventuality.

No-one likes to see a star who has developed in their team go somewhere else.

Personally, I'd like to see them turn it down, buy a couple of quality players and be a title contender.......and so would you. biggrin.png

Ofcourse i do! why on earth wouldn't we be over the moon? Its only about what would be done with the proceeds.

For 85m we'll even throw in a cage and a sack of bananas for the journey

The problem you will have if you sell Bale is then attracting good players. It doesn't send out a good message, but £85m is a lot of wonga. Really Spurs need to keep him for another year and get the CL football, then if he wants to go, ok, and you will have the CL carrot for future targets.

The problem you will have if you sell Bale is then attracting good players. It doesn't send out a good message, but £85m is a lot of wonga. Really Spurs need to keep him for another year and get the CL football, then if he wants to go, ok, and you will have the CL carrot for future targets.

Yes mjj but look at it another way, we can offer players more money which will be more attractive than the CL.

We need to speculate before we can accumulate enough points and more importantly goals next season.

Catch 22 as far as Daniel Levy is concerned. He'll have a net spend of no more than £5m I reckon this summer.

You have hit the nail on the head, once Bale goes then Spurs become an Everton, WBA or even a Swansea, who would also have trouble attracting enough world class players. Indeed you can offer players more money, but do you really want players to come there on big contracts just to see out their time? Spurs are not Man U; whereas they could sell Ronaldo and still have enough in reserve, Spurs do not. Like it or not, at the moment Bale is Spurs, no player is bigger than the club but in this case it's probably true. It's a real toughie whether to sell or hold if a big offer comes. If they sell, I think they will be hard pressed to finish in the top 5, I can't think of any other player who could salvage results for Spurs the way Bale has done. Sell him by all means and try to build a team without him, but be prepared to slide down the league, whilst he enjoys his bananas.

• Like 1

Next season is the perfect time for Spurs to break into the top 4. Fergie has gone, City have a manager change and I don't see Arsenal improving much. Chelsea, well, they will win the league so we won't talk about them. :-)

To have this kind of scenario and potential weakness, combined with Spurs just missing out on the top 4, Levy would be crazy not make a statement. I don't think you need many new players, but you do need a striker like Benteke. Once you have CL footy then more money will come as I'm sure AVB will be able to get you competing in Europe.

• Like 2

Next season is the perfect time for Spurs to break into the top 4. Fergie has gone, City have a manager change and I don't see Arsenal improving much. Chelsea, well, they will win the league so we won't talk about them. :-)

To have this kind of scenario and potential weakness, combined with Spurs just missing out on the top 4, Levy would be crazy not make a statement. I don't think you need many new players, but you do need a striker like Benteke. Once you have CL footy then more money will come as I'm sure AVB will be able to get you competing in Europe.

If Spurs keep Bale and buy quality, yes it will cost them initially but they will benefit in the long term.

I think that's what most Spurs supporters would want.

I tink its fairly clear he'll be staying for one more season. Then he'll be off either way i believe, but on the flip side, i don't think theres a player in the world that would look at us unfavorably for selling him for 85m. Its a no brainer even to thick footballers

You have hit the nail on the head, once Bale goes then Spurs become an Everton, WBA or even a Swansea, who would also have trouble attracting enough world class players. Indeed you can offer players more money, but do you really want players to come there on big contracts just to see out their time? Spurs are not Man U; whereas they could sell Ronaldo and still have enough in reserve, Spurs do not. Like it or not, at the moment Bale is Spurs, no player is bigger than the club but in this case it's probably true. It's a real toughie whether to sell or hold if a big offer comes. If they sell, I think they will be hard pressed to finish in the top 5, I can't think of any other player who could salvage results for Spurs the way Bale has done. Sell him by all means and try to build a team without him, but be prepared to slide down the league, whilst he enjoys his bananas.

Absolute tabloid tosh!! As i've already said, theres not a player in the world that wouldn't totally understand us taking 85m for him.

Secondly if we had a striker that could score now and again you wouldn't be coming out with lines like Bale is Spurs. You also forget we've had key players out for months.

Sorry mate, you've been reading too many tabloids. We sale Bale and suddenly the team that has finished 5th, 4th, 5th, 4th in consecutive seasons becomes a WBA, Swansea etcclap2.gif

Not in the slightest Ups, Bale has only really been world class for the last 2 seasons, in the previous 2 seasons we finished 4th and 5th.

If we signed some good younger players with the money then i don't think they would be coming here to see out their time.

Looking at it another way, if we spent the whole 85m on 3 new players, would we be stronger or weaker ?

Not in the slightest Ups, Bale has only really been world class for the last 2 seasons, in the previous 2 seasons we finished 4th and 5th.

If we signed some good younger players with the money then i don't think they would be coming here to see out their time.

Looking at it another way, if we spent the whole 85m on 3 new players, would we be stronger or weaker ?

Thats the only salient point to emerge from the ashes of UPS post Alf. biggrin.png What will Levy do if he has 85m in his hands?