Tottenham Thread

chonabot

First £100m player.

You read it here first....I beat the ooh ahh to it this time. smile.png

Bale's going nowhere chaps...get over it yet again.

Real will do their usual thing. They will keep upping the price until they break the selling club's nerve. Spurs will agree to sell (Levy won't be able to help himself) and then be gradually forced down way below the price they were refusing before.

Bale will be a Tottenham player next season. get over yourselvesthumbsup.gif

Exactly. You are all a year early with this nonsense.....unless the ridiculous bid comes in. Which we would welcome.

Levy saw it appropriate to start last season with 4 goalkeepers rather than 4 strikers

Why would we want 4 strikers when we only play 1 up front and whats that got do with 4 goalkeepers 40.gif

Alfie has a big 'ol headache today.wink.png

I always get a headache when sparks posts on here jd, i can still remember one of his more constructive posts that Spurs shouldn't be selling Jamie O'Hara biggrin.png best he sticks to Aussie rules laugh.png

His names been mentioned b4, I could be wrong but bac in ari's day ?, whether he's vb's kettle of fish, tbh I'm not sure. thoughts Anyone??

Well, only if big Sam is after him he must be used to route one.

Scored a lot of goals though.

Who would be AVB's kettle of fish?

Cavani.

His names been mentioned b4, I could be wrong but bac in ari's day ?, whether he's vb's kettle of fish, tbh I'm not sure. thoughts Anyone??

Cavani.

There's been a lot of talk about this and that player, but precious little about Cavani. I'm sure Rafa would like to keep him. Not many rumors running around about Cavani that I've read. Must be a lot going on under the radar.coffee1.gif

Levy saw it appropriate to start last season with 4 goalkeepers rather than 4 strikers and Adebeyor only decided to make an effort in the last couple of games.Take Bales goals out and Spurs would have been down with the likes of Fullham etc.With an EPL squad numbering around 25 it does make sense to have some flexibilty and cover and if the likes of Holtby is the best Spurs can do it might be a long season.The bar has been raised for all wanting a top 4 position and the last thing the competition needs is the same 4 clubs taking those positions every season which is the way its headed

That applies to any team who have the top scorers in the league, take van persies goals out and Utd would have finished 7th, stupid statement to be fair whistling.gif

Footnote : Van persies goals earnt the mancs 28 points.

Cavani.

Good call smokes, I can see Levy writing the cheque now.

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentis has put a price tag of £54m on striker Edinson Cavani, 26. Both Chelsea and Manchester City are said to be interested in the Uruguayan.

Levy saw it appropriate to start last season with 4 goalkeepers rather than 4 strikers and Adebeyor only decided to make an effort in the last couple of games.Take Bales goals out and Spurs would have been down with the likes of Fullham etc.With an EPL squad numbering around 25 it does make sense to have some flexibilty and cover and if the likes of Holtby is the best Spurs can do it might be a long season.The bar has been raised for all wanting a top 4 position and the last thing the competition needs is the same 4 clubs taking those positions every season which is the way its headed

That applies to any team who have the top scorers in the league, take van persies goals out and Utd would have finished 7th, stupid statement to be fair whistling.gif

Are you saying that was the 7th most stupid comment on here ever Alfredo?

Its possible....I'll grant you that.

After all.....if we had sold Bale for £80m last summer then we would likely have bought three players to replace him....including a quality striker.

Its possible we might have won the league.

There you are I've pushed Sparkles down to eighth comfortably. smile.png

Yeh thats it isn't it!! Without Bale we'd be a Fulham, a Swansea, a WBA. Now there are all coming on here talking <deleted>!! Quite enjoying it actually.

Mentioning Swansea, i wonder how Michu is? I'd like to see him playing for us

Just thinking, if this new fella that city have just bought is costing 30m pounds how much does that make "The Beast " worth ?

yeh we just need to keep fingers crossed the injury hasn't taken too much out of him.

As i said before, Sandro and Kaboul will be like two new signings for us. Townsend too come to think of it.

Just thinking, if this new fella that city have just bought is costing 30m pounds how much does that make "The Beast " worth ?

yeh we just need to keep fingers crossed the injury hasn't taken too much out of him.

As i said before, Sandro and Kaboul will be like two new signings for us. Townsend too come to think of it.

You're putting words in Levy's mouth mate. Anyway....I still can't see this striker we are going to sign....

You're putting words in Levy's mouth mate. Anyway....I still can't see this striker we are going to sign....

Don't think for one moment Levy hasn't thought of this.

I can't see how we'll ever get a top striker on what he wants to pay. Just prepare to be disappointed or at best underwhelmed!!

Sandro, on the current market must be worth a fortune. (cue some stupid quip by chicoq!) I wouldn't swap him for any other equivalent in the league. I reckon we'll also be under pressure to keep him too next summer.

• Like 1

Early days smokes, the transfer window doesn't close until the 31st Aug thumbsup.gif if it wasn't for the previous years i'd say we're waiting for Baldini to come in and sort everything laugh.png

I was reading somewhere the other day that Levy trusts AVB a lot more with his money than he did Harry biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn