Tottenham Thread

chonabot

So your saying Defoes 110 shots on goal last season were mostly outside the box ? if yes, perhaps you could direct me to the website or where you obtained the facts, thanks in anticipation.

Any luck Summy, or was you making a statement without any facts rolleyes.gif

Like I said before, personally I don't give S**T which one of your strikers is the best. Defoe is your striker and both you and Carmine say he's crap. If you want to justify that to everybody else then it's up to you to supply the proof, not for me to supply my information on a player I'm not interested in.

I have repeatedly said I don't know and don't care who the better player is. If you want to prove something nobody is the slightest bit interested in YOU provide the proof.

Soldado might prove to be one of the worlds best strikers, or he might not. I don't care either way, but what I have suggested is that you compare the stats after Soldado has spent a season receiving the same sort of supply from your beloved Tottenham team that Defoe has had.

If then Soldado proves to be a far superior striker you will have the satisfaction of knowing you've proved yourself right..........................to yourself. The rest of us simply don't care!

Fark me, if you don't give a sh*t, why have you posted 8 post's about the pair of them ? thats a hell of a lot for someone who doesn't give a sh*t, anyway, any luck on proving this statement

who has most of his shots from outside the penalty area (in Defoe's case, he hasn't had the service inside the area).

correct ? or was you just talking a load of <deleted> ?laugh.png

Relating to the CTH thread as it's great to have it; John Dykes and his gang have just spent half an hour telling subscribers how bad Tittnam are, and what a sh*te manager wotsisname is.

Nice to hear from ppl who know the game, not from the empty vessels.

You think John Dykes knows the game ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Chicoq

Posted Yesterday, 18:41

That's not much of a comparison given that Soldaddudo scored his goals in Spain.

How about, say, their last ten PL appearances?

Chicoq

Posted Yesterday, 20:34

Just do the comparison, Alfie, you know what the answer is going to be, don't you?

clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

Posted Yesterday, 21:34

alfieconn, on 27 Nov 2013 - 20:44, said:snapback.png

As a matter of interest give me the shot conversion percentage of both players for the last 11 premier games !

Chicog, on 27 Nov 2013 - 20:34, said:

I'm not correcting your homework for you just because you got it wrong.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

ok well here goes, being as you aint got a clue what you are talking about :

Defoe has only scored 1 goal in his last 10 games

Can't find the figs for shot conversion for the last 10 games but can work it out from the season although might not be 100% correct.

11 goals at 10% conversion equtaes to 110 shots in 35 games : 3.142 shot per game times no of games 10 is 31 shots

therefore shot conversion 1 goal every 31 shots against Soldados 1 goal in 22 shots

Please stop being a dick Chic, coming on here making claims with no facts

You also have no facts as you are working it out over a season, you are supposed to be doing the last 10 games you numpty; it will definitely be different, It may be better or worse, but if you are trying to work out facts you should stop trying to massage the facts, it could be 50% correct. Anyway stats are shit. if he scored 1 gosal to win you the premiership you would forgive him; and why not?

Right lets clear this Defoe thing up once and for all.

Me and carms have probaly seen every game that Defoe has played over the last 3 years and we have no hidden agenda against the guy, while neither of us have our football badges and are not experts,we are able to see the amount of shots he has during a game that are either off target or straight at the goalkeeper, we are also able to see the passing opportunites that he doesn't see and his general lack of build up play,

I get a feeling that a lot of the posters praising Defoe on here, base their opinions on

A. just seeing his goals and not the whole game, which i must admit are sometimes spectacular when he smashes one in the roof of the net.

B. just seeing the highlights where they only pick out the good part of what players do.

C. reading his goalscoring stats.

Just a quicky dear Alfie .Do you & carmine go all the matches ,home & away together?

My team for Sunday :

Lloris

walker chirics kaboul verts

capoue sandro

lamela / townsend dembele chadli / townsend

defoe

Yes i also want to see a Capoue/Sandro pairing with Dembele further up and central.

I suppose Defoe must also be due for stunner so the commentators can remind us of his natural instinct for goal and that claptrap.

He'll probably opt for Townsend left, Chadli right i think.

Whats going on with Adebayor?

My team for Sunday :

Lloris

capoue sandro

defoe

Yes i also want to see a Capoue/Sandro pairing with Dembele further up and central.

I suppose Defoe must also be due for stunner so the commentators can remind us of his natural instinct for goal and that claptrap.

He'll probably opt for Townsend left, Chadli right i think.

Whats going on with Adebayor?

Thay said yesterday that he was injured, probaly tripped over his wallet !

• Like 1

The result of Spurs' £107m summer spree? Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen and Co have WORST shot conversion rate in the league

Alfieconn, I know you like your conversion rates so I though this story would definitely interest you.

Tottenham's current rate is about half the Defoe rate that you were so critical of clap2.gifwhistling.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2515516/Tottenham-worst-shot-conversion-rate-Premier-League.html

And here's everybody else's rate for comparison

Manchester City 21.79
Arsenal 19.35
Liverpool 15.89
Manchester United 15.87
Fulham 14.86
Chelsea 13.55
Swansea City 13.39
Everton 13.18
West Bromwich Albion 12.96
Southampton 12.4
Cardiff City 11.96
Newcastle United 11.89
Aston Villa 11.11
Stoke City 10.91
Hull City 10.47
Sunderland 9.09
Norwich City 9.01
West Ham United 8.57
Crystal Palace 7.53
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 5.36

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2515516/Tottenham-worst-shot-conversion-rate-Premier-League.html#ixzz2m2rZbXNM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by sumrit

Right lets clear this Defoe thing up once and for all.

Me and carms have probaly seen every game that Defoe has played over the last 3 years and we have no hidden agenda against the guy, while neither of us have our football badges and are not experts,we are able to see the amount of shots he has during a game that are either off target or straight at the goalkeeper, we are also able to see the passing opportunites that he doesn't see and his general lack of build up play,

I get a feeling that a lot of the posters praising Defoe on here, base their opinions on

A. just seeing his goals and not the whole game, which i must admit are sometimes spectacular when he smashes one in the roof of the net.

B. just seeing the highlights where they only pick out the good part of what players do.

C. reading his goalscoring stats.

Just a quicky dear Alfie .Do you & carmine go all the matches ,home & away together?

And do you hold handsgiggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif

My team for Sunday :

Lloris

capoue sandro

defoe

Don't get me wrong, i like Defoe, but after reading the last few pages here debating

his abilities as a goal scorer, i was surprised to see him in your team for this Sunday.

Although, i won't begrudge him a starting place this Sunday, do you think it's a good

idea to drop Soldado right now?

I think It would shatter any confidence that he may still have right out the window.

My team for Sunday :

Lloris

capoue sandro

defoe

Don't get me wrong, i like Defoe, but after reading the last few pages here debating

his abilities as a goal scorer, i was surprised to see him in your team for this Sunday.

Although, i won't begrudge him a starting place this Sunday, do you think it's a good

idea to drop Soldado right now?

I think It would shatter any confidence that he may still have right out the window.

Soldado was at least trying to find the ball and get a shot in the last couple of games so I would stick with him....bring in Townsend and Dembele.....Chadli left if he can get behind the defender...if not Townsend left and Lamela in his favourite position please.

^Lamela on the bench then?thumbsup.gif

With Adebayor on the beach perhaps? rolleyes.gif

Which Beach are you meeting up with him Smokes ? Is it to give you a WEEE hand ?????w00t.gif

BT biggrin.png

THE beach my fungal footed friend....after Sunday I think I will call you dafty Daffy for a week or two....yes I have predicted we will win. tongue.png

• Like 1

^Lamela on the bench then?thumbsup.gif

With Adebayor on the beach perhaps? rolleyes.gif

Which Beach are you meeting up with him Smokes ? Is it to give you a WEEE hand ?????w00t.gif

BT biggrin.png

THE beach my fungal footed friend....after Sunday I think I will call you dafty Daffy for a week or two....yes I have predicted we will win. tongue.png

Yipee - you are chasing 3rd …. bottom. clap2.gif Have a great time on the beach with your mate w00t.gif

Good luck and have a great Holiday.biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

The result of Spurs' £107m summer spree? Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen and Co have WORST shot conversion rate in the league

Alfieconn, I know you like your conversion rates so I though this story would definitely interest you.

Tottenham's current rate is about half the Defoe rate that you were so critical of clap2.gifwhistling.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2515516/Tottenham-worst-shot-conversion-rate-Premier-League.html

And here's everybody else's rate for comparison

Manchester City 21.79

Arsenal 19.35

Liverpool 15.89

Manchester United 15.87

Fulham 14.86

Chelsea 13.55

Swansea City 13.39

Everton 13.18

West Bromwich Albion 12.96

Southampton 12.4

Cardiff City 11.96

Newcastle United 11.89

Aston Villa 11.11

Stoke City 10.91

Hull City 10.47

Sunderland 9.09

Norwich City 9.01

West Ham United 8.57

Crystal Palace 7.53

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 5.36

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2515516/Tottenham-worst-shot-conversion-rate-Premier-League.html#ixzz2m2rZbXNM

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So your comparing Defoes last season average of 10% against Spurs this season average of 5.36%.

Well lets compare like for like :

Spurs 2012/2013 488 shots - goals 66 .... Shot conversion rate 13.52 %

Defoe 2012/2013 Shot conversion rate 10 %

Spurs 2013/2014 after 12 games (small sample) Shot conversion rate 5.36%

Defoe 2013/2014 after playing 194 mins(small sample) Shot conversion rate 0%

See how comparing like for like puts a different picture on things, but a good try on your part and not bad for someone who doesn't give a shit cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

My team to play Moyeschester Utd

Lloris

walker Chiriches Kaboul Vertonghen

Capoue Sandro

Townsend Dembele Chadli

Soldado

I'm really hoping AVB has the balls to bring on Lamela if Townsend continues to be so wasteful. Likewise if Dembele's not making an impression Lamela could slot in the middle. I really think Paulinho needs a rest and Dawson had a torrid time last weekend. Lack of any news about Rose is infuriating too.