Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Jan Vertonghen in Florence <deleted>?

you have to stop worrying about what you read in the papers IAN,probably just taking the old woman away for a dirty weekend !!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Jan tweeted it actually...... Don't pay any attention to rubbish newspapers.....on the other hand I am not in Daniels inner circle either.

you have to stop worrying about what you read in the papers IAN,probably just taking the old woman away for a dirty weekend !!!!!

Jan tweeted it actually...... Don't pay any attention to rubbish newspapers.....on the other hand I am not in Daniels inner circle either.

Well the other day you posted

It could be that Pandev is getting closer.

So i take it that you got that from the newspapers ?

Any back to Verts, i very much doubt he would have tweeted he was in Florence if it was in relation to moving to Italy !!!

And why would he choose Fiorentina when the likes of Barcelona are tracking him?

Along with Kompany, theres no better center back in the premier league.

cheesy.gif

Whats wrong with any of that? Barcelona have admitted their interest and Vertonghen was in the premier league team of the season just gone so you'll have to explain your amusement if you would

Any back to Verts, i very much doubt he would have tweeted he was in Florence if it was in relation to moving to Italy !!!

Maybe meeting Barcelona personnel in Italy to put people off the scent?

I do like the idea of taking the missus away on a dirty weekend, theory. biggrin.png

Well the other day you posted

It could be that Pandev is getting closer.

Good job at quoting that one out of context. Go to the post again and you will see I was merely seeking advice if anyone knew anything about him. Pandev and Tottenham were linked in the Italian press a week before the UK got hold of it.

And why would he choose Fiorentina when the likes of Barcelona are tracking him?

Along with Kompany, theres no better center back in the premier league.

cheesy.gif

Whats wrong with any of that? Barcelona have admitted their interest and Vertonghen was in the premier league team of the season just gone so you'll have to explain your amusement if you would

Simples: I've seen him play!

biggrin.png

BTW you're obviously not paying the bloke enough if he has to sell his shirts online to top up his wages.

https://twitter.com/Jan_Vertonghen

Good job at quoting that one out of context. Go to the post again and you will see I was merely seeking advice if anyone knew anything about him. Pandev and Tottenham were linked in the Italian press a week before the UK got hold of it.

I'll quote what I just read ian; It includes both Vertonghen and Pandev.

Italians plan double Tottenham business

Napoli are believed to be interested in signing Etienne Capoue

And fresh reports in Italy now indicate they have set their sights on a second Tottenham player.

Defender Jan Vertonghen is a transfer target, according to Corriere dello Sport, and in an effort to push through a deal they may be prepared to include Goran Pandev, who is liked by Spurs, as part of the negotiations. (Sky Sports)

also

Napoli are interested in another swoop on Tottenham Hotspur, as they eye up Belgian defender Jan Vertonghen, according to Corriere dello Sport.

Of course it's all a load of BS, Spurs can't do without Vertonghen, they need him to cover the middle and their weak left back position.

And fresh reports in Italy now indicate they have set their sights on a second Tottenham player.

Defender Jan Vertonghen is a transfer target, according to Corriere dello Sport, and in an effort to push through a deal they may be prepared to include Goran Pandev, who is liked by Spurs, as part of the negotiations. (Sky Sports)

also

Napoli are interested in another swoop on Tottenham Hotspur, as they eye up Belgian defender Jan Vertonghen, according to Corriere dello Sport.

Of course it's all a load of BS, Spurs can't do without Vertonghen, they need him to cover the middle and their weak left back position.

Spot on about Verts Ups 113.gif not too sure why you posted all the press reports though if they are BS facepalm.gif

Edited by alfieconn

also

Spot on about Verts Ups clap2.gif not too sure why you posted all the press reports if they are BS though facepalm.gif

Thanks for the gossip Alfie, seems you read the press more than me. Agreed all BS until official announcement, but Capoue is surplus now and a swap with Pandev is feasible..... Feasible! Nothing more nothing less.

As far as Jan goes he did the tweet not me and I sincerely hope it is just a naughty weekend away. But he is a level headed guy, why would he throw such speculation into the ring? Why do you think he would have done that Alfie? His following is modest in superstar terms, but 382600 nonetheless.

also

Spot on about Verts Ups clap2.gif not too sure why you posted all the press reports if they are BS though facepalm.gif

Thanks for the gossip Alfie, seems you read the press more than me. Agreed all BS until official announcement, but Capoue is surplus now and a swap with Pandev is feasible..... Feasible! Nothing more nothing less.

Wasn't my gossip i wouldn't post such rubbish !

As far as Jan goes he did the tweet not me and I sincerely hope it is just a naughty weekend away. But he is a level headed guy, why would he throw such speculation into the ring? Why do you think he would have done that Alfie? His following is modest in superstar terms, but 382600 nonetheless.

What speculation ?

also

Spot on about Verts Ups 113.gifnot too sure why you posted all the press reports though if they are BS facepalm.gif

Sometimes the 'BS' press reports like Bale definitely leaving and AVB for the chop.......happen at times, so there's always a possibility. Can't rubbish everything just because it comes from a source that we don't like. Makes sense that both Spurs want Vertonghen and another club would like him......after all he was in the PL team of the year last season and he's a good player.

Don't worry it's come to light now, Verts is Kabouls agent and thats why he is in Florence !

Fiorentina are looking into the possibility of signing Tottenham Hotspur defender Younes Kaboul, according to Repubblica Firenze.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Vertonghen was a decoy. laugh.png

• Like 1

In all seriousness I am certain Tim realises we do need another forward. I don't know of any top club that has only two to choose from... irrespective of form, what about injuries or possible suspensions. Absurd thought in my view. We can all see half a dozen contenders in the fray. I see nothing wrong with reviewing each of them and forming an opinion. I think that is what most supporters of all clubs do. Don't you?

If we are going to play 442 then we would need another forward,but I dont think Tim sees it as this,more 4411 and he has already said lamela and chadli can play the floating role so basicly we have 4 players for 2 positions !

In all seriousness I am certain Tim realises we do need another forward. I don't know of any top club that has only two to choose from... irrespective of form, what about injuries or possible suspensions. Absurd thought in my view. We can all see half a dozen contenders in the fray. I see nothing wrong with reviewing each of them and forming an opinion. I think that is what most supporters of all clubs do. Don't you?

Maybe he has a higher regard for Harry Kane and sees him as a third striker because he's been very forthright about his satisfaction with our current situation.

Maybe you are both correct.... Maybe not. For a side competing with Liverpool for 4th spot, 2 strikers + Harry Kane is not enough in my book.... But then we did all that a few days ago so I am happy to agree to disagree. I will continue to take a look at the potential "prospects" thrown up by the gutter press because that's what I like to do, much the same as the majority of fans I imagine. I like to form my own opinions as to what is feasible and what is not and what is just plain drivel. Much the same as the majority of fans I imagine. COYS

post-63176-0-90568000-1390714000_thumb.j

• Like 1

Maybe you are both correct.... Maybe not. For a side competing with Liverpool for 4th spot, 2 strikers + Harry Kane is not enough in my book.... But then we did all that a few days ago so I am happy to agree to disagree. I will continue to take a look at the potential "prospects" thrown up by the gutter press because that's what I like to do, much the same as the majority of fans I imagine. I like to form my own opinions as to what is feasible and what is not and what is just plain drivel. Much the same as the majority of fans I imagine. COYS

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The three we have might well be enough to do the job but only if Soldado starts firing. I tend to agree with you that the current situation might warrant a new player but i doubt very much it will happen.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Did you not read my post

so basicly we have 4 players for 2 positions !

And that doesn't include Kane rolleyes.gif