Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Shouldn't the cocks be called the crows.Oh, when they win, how much do we hear?

As for Mr. C.,; freedom of speech does not seem to be a concept he understands.

This is a tot's thread. If you don't agree with us, get out!

Seems to be the same attitude that is killing Thailand at the moment.

yermanee raised decent points.Why shout him down?

Yawn.

Snore!

Also, sad to see the winners of the UEFA don't go to the CL.

Benfica, with their history, deserve to play there.

I think they've won a few titles in living memory, and I'm old.

And some would say senile.

How could that be? Benfica win titles, tots don't. Surely they are more worthy of the CL than a team that doesn't.

I remember the above fact. Seems like you dream.

Edited by Soi Sauce

This one comes from the age old "a win's a win" headline. Not pretty to watch. Jittery at times, no fluency, three of the first choice back four out again and never looking like finishing off what is a poor and doomed Cardiff.

There will need to be a significant improvement over the rest of march or our season will be over. Sherwood will need to change his tactics and hopefully be able to make some different team selections, but on the current form we're not looking anyway near good enough for top four. looks like we'll need to beat Liverpool and Arsenal and take a point off the chavs to hang in there.

Perhaps the key to us opening up defenses lies in the somewhat under used Christian Eriksen. Sherwood might also review his persistent selection of the over used Bentaleb. We need creativity and he should be using Eriksen and Dembele.

Very well taken goal by Soldado. He also worked hard looking very motivated. Delighted for him.

Eriksen's omission from the squad yesterday was due to a back injury, hopefully

he'll be back for the Chelsea game.

Paulinho doesn't seem to be playing at 100% either since his return from injury.

Good to see Sandro back in the team although still not 100% fit.

Capoue is also injured hence why Bentaleb will be needed when we play one up front,

which i think will be for most games this month apart from maybe the Southampton

home game.

This month is certainly a make or break for our season.

COYS.

Eriksen's omission from the squad yesterday was due to a back injury, hopefully

he'll be back for the Chelsea game.

Paulinho doesn't seem to be playing at 100% either since his return from injury.

Good to see Sandro back in the team although still not 100% fit.

Capoue is also injured hence why Bentaleb will be needed when we play one up front,

which i think will be for most games this month apart from maybe the Southampton

home game.

This month is certainly a make or break for our season.

COYS.

Why will Bentaleb be needed if we play one upfront? Sandro looks fine, and in a 4231 the partnership with him pairing with Dembele is statistically the best and allows Dembele to move further up the pitch where he is more dangerous.

Bentaleb looks more and more like a central midfielder every time i see him and is nowhere near as effective in a defensive midfield position as is Sandro if were playing a 4231.

I quite liked the 4-1-4-1 we played a few games ago :

So thats the obvious back 4 if all fit, Sandro : Lennon, Dembele, Paulinho, Eriksen : Adeboy

I don't think we're playing good enough to get in the top 4 but is I suppose Le Arse could always implode a bit more than normal and give us half a chance !

Because we have to play 6 very difficult games in 24 days this month

and i think Sherwood will rotate the central midfield between

Bentaleb, Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho.

Eriksen when fit, should play in behind Ade.

Should questions be asked about the performance of our medical team?

Yet again, seemingly season after season we have massed injuries. its the same every season i can remember.

Eight players injured for a very tough and vital trip to Stamford Bridge, but more importantly we currently have no left back, the dog average Naughton on the right and Dawson who will be woefully exposed due to his lack of mobility. Oh yes and Vertonghen looking ever increasingly like a player that wants off.

I think we'll need to score four for any chance of a point.wink.png

I can understand having major injury build ups the odd season but its every bloody year with us. Every year in living memory with our so called strong deep squad threadbare because half of them are permanently crocked!!!

Do you remember how bad it was before Graham joined? The first thing he did was make all the injured players go to the ground instead of the training ground for treatment.

Apparently being stuck in rush hour traffic miraculously cured quite a few of them.

blink.png

Will Lamela play again this season?

Who knows.

btw, you have been strangely silent regarding 42m flop Mesut Ozil thats now being bollocked by his own players during games. I know you are an aficionado of expensive incomings and am somewhat confused by your lack of comment on the most expensive show pony that has arrived last summer? Anything to say Mr Ups?

Who knows.

btw, you have been strangely silent regarding 42m flop Mesut Ozil thats now being bollocked by his own players during games. I know you are an aficionado of expensive incomings and am somewhat confused by your lack of comment on the most expensive show pony that has arrived last summer? Anything to say Mr Ups?

Perhaps if some of your players bollocked Dawson he wouldn't be so crap.

biggrin.png

Who knows.

Perhaps if some of your players bollocked Dawson he wouldn't be so crap.

biggrin.png

They wouldn't because at least Dawson gives 100% as opposed to Ozil who's a lazy premadonna who's more interested in tweeting than tackling. Bet you'd rather have the Romford Pele back than that little show pony wouldn't you Chicoq?

biggrin.png

I can't help thinking about what was the actual up front amount Spurs paid before any add on's for Soldado ! no way would Levy have paid a straight 26m for a player (28 years) who no matter how bad or good he played this season his value was always going to go down, iv'e seen it in the Telegraph that it was actually 13m + 13m of add on's and somewhere else that it was 22m + 4m add on's and would love to know the real price.

I can't help thinking about what was the actual up front amount Spurs paid before any add on's for Soldado ! no way would Levy have paid a straight 26m for a player (28 years) who no matter how bad or good he played this season his value was always going to go down, iv'e seen it in the Telegraph that it was actually 13m + 13m of add on's and somewhere else that it was 22m + 4m add on's and would love to know the real price.

I'm sure UPS knows Alfie. Thing is, i just can't get my head round why he's not hugely interested in Ozil, the most expensive flop of them all? Strange. Unless, hold on, wait a minute.......you don't think its because he only interested in our new players...could it be!!!jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gifcheesy.gif

Yes, back to the normal world, 13m wasn't it. Wouldn't mind betting that'll look alright by the end of the year, especially compared to a 42m Lord Lucan impersonator. Actually, perhaps UPS hasn't commentated once on his poor performances because Ozil was so anonymous he didn't know he was playingcheesy.gif

Soldado scored a really well taken goal last weekend and has put in workmanlike performances. 13m might well ok by the end of a very mixed season but we'll have to wait and see who looks a right idiot about Soldado. always reckoned it was better to wait until the end of the season myself.

I reckon UPS is spending the afternoon searching through Ozil's stats. Probably can't find them, similar to the playercheesy.gif

Is Mesut Ozil the new Sebastian Veron? Difficult one....we'll have to find him first to find out..laugh.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

If £13m is the real price, it just goes to show how much Levy wants you to improve. Not a lot. But if you guys are happy to spend £13m on rubbish, well that's just dandy.

If £13m is the real price, it just goes to show how much Levy wants you to improve. Not a lot. But if you guys are happy to spend £13m on rubbish, well that's just dandy.

But that's just it ! he wasn't rubbish when we bought him :

1 Lionel Messi 46 FC Barcelona 2 Cristiano Ronaldo 34 Real Madrid 3 Radamel Falcao 28 Atlético Madrid 4 Álvaro Negredo 25 Sevilla FC 5 Roberto Soldado 24

Valencia CF

Mind you that's quite ironic coming from someone who's club paid 50m for rubbish !!!!

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

It's the Chelsea way. Buy past it strikers, sell the good one and buy players back for a fortune that you sold for a pittance. :-)

Maybe Roman just likes to share his wealth.

1 Lionel Messi 46 FC Barcelona 2 Cristiano Ronaldo 34 Real Madrid 3 Radamel Falcao 28 Atlético Madrid 4 Álvaro Negredo 25 Sevilla FC 5 Roberto Soldado 24

Valencia CF

Mind you that's quite ironic coming from someone who's club paid 50m for rubbish !!!!

How many did Soldado score the season before? This is genuine interest as I want to know if it was a one off.

Valencia CF

How many did Soldado score the season before? This is genuine interest as I want to know if it was a one off.

He's averaged about 1 goal every 2 appearances in all competitions pretty consistently since 2008.

Best year 2012-13 with 30 in 46.

Valencia CF

He's averaged about 1 goal every 2 appearances in all competitions pretty consistently since 2008.

Best year 2012-13 with 30 in 46.

So it is just the Tiny Tots who have screwed him up then?

• Like 1

Well more the league I think. More time on and off the ball in Spain.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Stay off the beer lad...Top of my head,Torres (before he went into sulk mode) and Aguero both show that argument is boll**ks. Mata and your own boy Cazorla havent done that badly either. Best stick to MiL jokesfacepalm.gif

Edited by wilai

Torres? Cazorla? Both goal machines eh? He's like Diego Forlan. Class player but crap in the Premier league. You don't really get this Football stuff do you?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app