Tottenham Thread

chonabot

In defensive position, Jolien Lescott at Man City seems to be surplus to requirements, and so is

James Milner who can play out wide left.

I should imagine we will keep Milner but Lescott is out of contract and we have already told him it won't be renewed.

Rumours circulating that van Gaal won't take a job with Baldini on his team.

IMO If there's gonna be an issue, it's gonna be around the coach having first and final say of transfers, tbh , it's been a MAJOR issue for our coach's, since, at least,,, well,,, santini defo uped and walked cos of it, ramaos had his strike force sold without his consent and consequently got sacked cos we just couldnt score,,,, <deleted> Its a very strongly rumor that avb didnt want all of the summer signings. We need someone who's got the balls and the brains to b able stand up to levy and sort him out .

• Like 1

In defensive position, Jolien Lescott at Man City seems to be surplus to requirements, and so is

I should imagine we will keep Milner but Lescott is out of contract and we have already told him it won't be renewed.

It's going to be an interesting summer window, especially for defenders.

I would think,

Man Utd will need 2 or 3 to replace Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra.

Man City to replace Lescott and possibly Demichellis.

Tottenham 1 or 2 to replace anyone of Vertonghen, Kaboul or Dawson. (can't see all 3 staying

at Spurs next season).

Also think Curtis Davis is worth a bid, can step up to a better team than Hull.

Yes. Good points sotsira. But also for strikers too with the possibility of Benzema joining Chelsea for example.

Could depend on how the PSG forwards perform though I think.

Soldado looks to be shaping up nicely as a creator rather than a poacher btw.

Only 2 goals in open play but assisting the Spurs very effectively.

Yes. Good points sotsira. But also for strikers too with the possibility of Benzema joining Chelsea for example.

Have to laugh when posters base their opinions of players on one game !

• Like 1

I would think,

Tottenham 1 or 2 to replace anyone of Vertonghen, Kaboul or Dawson. (can't see all 3 staying

at Spurs next season).

Sagna is out of contract and will go to the highest bidder with a pref for staying in the Prem, wanting more than than Arsenal's current offer of 60k a week. 20 million quid total package +. If u can believe press. I'm not sure that his ill-disciplined forward forays at Stamford Bridge helped his cause.

Bit pricey for a 31 year old, but I think he's worth 20 to stay at Arsenal, given that it's so hard to find up-and-running Prem quality backs; this one can play anywhere and seems reasonably robust injury-wise. Does our management think the same - I doubt it, Arsene always seems attracted to the new and overly keen to keep a lid on player wages. Yeah I know you lot would like Arsenal to keep championing 'the lid' while you lot - Mancs/Chelsea et al - go around gaining success from squandering itsmile.png.

Will he swap the bright lights for northern rain, Parisian froggy-ness or Spanish sun! Italians want him but that league seems to be a busted flush - one up from Turkey.

I would think,

at Spurs next season).

Sagna is out of contract and will go to the highest bidder with a pref for staying in the Prem, wanting more than than Arsenal's current offer of 60k a week. 20 million quid total package +. If u can believe press. I'm not sure that his ill-disciplined forward forays at Stamford Bridge helped his cause.

Bit pricey for a 31 year old, but I think he's worth 20 to stay at Arsenal, given that it's so hard to find up-and-running Prem quality backs; this one can play anywhere and seems reasonably robust injury-wise. Does our management think the same - I doubt it, Arsene always seems attracted to the new and overly keen to keep a lid on player wages. Yeah I know you lot would like Arsenal to keep championing 'the lid' while you lot - Mancs/Chelsea et al - go around gaining success from squandering itsmile.png.

Will he swap the bright lights for northern rain, Parisian froggy-ness or Spanish sun! Italians want him but that league seems to be a busted flush - one up from Turkey.

Wrong thread Santi.

Actually, talking of transfers, we'll offer 4m and a bag of chips for Ozil because everyone keeps telling us he's class....thats if anyone can find him.biggrin.png

Can't say i'm expecting anything out of this weekend although it will be an indication of how much our players want top four, because looking at the respective run ins, its doable.

Expect a 4231 for this, hopefully Eriksen central, Capoue still injured so Sandro holding. Just hope he calms down a bit as he's been looking a liability for a red card recently. Ofcourse he could be brave and play a pairing of Paulinho and Dembele. Considering we need to get something out of this i'd be tempted to line up with those two and Eriksen up central behind Adebayor for the first half.

Expect us to be horridly exposed on our right flank and if we continue to do a first half no show we'll get right royally thumped. To get anything out of this there needs to be a significant improvement on anything seen in recent weeks. Over to you Agent Sherwood!

Edited by carmine

Have to laugh when posters base their opinions of players on one game !

Yep. Very good spot Alfie. thumbsup.gif

But I know how much you like statistics.

ROBERTO SOLDADO . GAMES. GOALS. ASSISTS. 25. 6. 5.

Good Luck on the weekend.

Chavs need your assistance badly.

wai2.gif

Can't say i'm expecting anything out of this weekend although it will be an indication of how much our players want top four, because looking at the respective run ins, its doable.

Expect a 4231 for this, hopefully Eriksen central, Capoue still injured so Sandro holding. Just hope he calms down a bit as he's been looking a liability for a red card recently. Ofcourse he could be brave and play a pairing of Paulinho and Dembele. Considering we need to get something out of this i'd be tempted to line up with those two and Eriksen up central behind Adebayor for the first half.

Expect us to be horridly exposed on our right flank and if we continue to do a first half no show we'll get right royally thumped. To get anything out of this there needs to be a significant improvement on anything seen in recent weeks. Over to you Agent Sherwood!

I expect the back midfield 2 to be, any 2 from Sandro, Dembele Bentaleb although he seems to like Sig and praised him after last weeks game so don't be surprised if he plays.

It wouldn't surprise me if he went with Soldado over Ade due to Ade perhaps not being match fit and not wanting to knock Soldados confidence.

Obviously Eriksen, Chadli and either Lennon or Townsend for the forward midfield 3.

Don't know if it helps but the only way we could do anything against them was Terry and Cahill reducing the potency of Suarez.

But I'll leave it to you experts.

Have a good day.

you played a deep line and it worked, we struggled to get behind it. you also had howard webb on your team who let eto'o get away with knobbling henderson in the first minute and then didn't give the second-most blatant penalty there's been this season.

hopefully spurs will play a high line and leave plenty of space behind their fullbacks and centre backs.

Don't know if it helps but the only way we could do anything against them was Terry and Cahill reducing the potency of Suarez.

Have a good day.

you played a deep line and it worked, we struggled to get behind it. you also had howard webb on your team who let eto'o get away with knobbling henderson in the first minute and then didn't give the second-most blatant penalty there's been this season.

hopefully spurs will play a high line and leave plenty of space behind their fullbacks and centre backs.

Don't worry, i'm sure we will.

• Like 1

Have a good day.

Don't worry, i'm sure we will.

:D

cavalier tim knows no other way?

I expect the back midfield 2 to be, any 2 from Sandro, Dembele Bentaleb although he seems to like Sig and praised him after last weeks game so don't be surprised if he plays.

It wouldn't surprise me if he went with Soldado over Ade due to Ade perhaps not being match fit and not wanting to knock Soldados confidence.

Obviously Eriksen, Chadli and either Lennon or Townsend for the forward midfield 3.

Thanks for reminding me Alfie, Bentaleb of course is the first name on the team sheet isn't he!! Tim's lovechild

I know it won't happen but i'd like to accommodate Eriksen and Dembele and see if we can nick something. I'd also like the attack minded presence of Paulinho. Maybe a risk too far but Liverpool are well overdue an off day.

He'll play Lennon on the right i reckon because Lennon tracks back well and our right back needs all the help he can get. Naughton has to be a huge worry the way he's playing.

Edited by carmine

Thanks for reminding me Alfie, Bentaleb of course is the first name on the team sheet isn't he!! Tim's lovechild

I know it won't happen but i'd like to accommodate Eriksen and Dembele and see if we can nick something. I'd also like the attack minded presence of Paulinho. Maybe a risk too far but Liverpool are well overdue an off day.

He'll play Lennon on the right i reckon because Lennon tracks back well and our right back needs all the help he can get. Naughton has to be a huge worry the way he's playing.

your best way of getting something off us is a deep defence, two lines of four when you haven't got the ball and force us to try and play through you. and in attack, just put lots of balls and crosses into our area. sooner or later we'll arse something up and pretty much give you a goal.

If theres a way, if theres some thought process requiring tactical genius, hinging on hung ho bravery to unlock Liverpool and hold on for the win, Tim Sherwood will fathom it out.

In other words, we'll be going out to "give it a go."

for 55 mins sherwoods tactics worked against chelsea and it was then mainly down to personal errors that we lost it and sherwoods dropping of the c/bs deeper gaveus the platform to come bac against the saints. saying that not quite so easy with the pace and movement liverpool have and tbh like most on here I' m not optimistic., I'm quessing but surely after liverpool tore our <deleted> at the lane, sherwood wont play ahigh bac line and i'de go sandro and bento boy 2 hold with dembele tracking bac maybe chldery on the left to help bac with kane to hold up front assuming adeboy aint fit maybe with lennon on the right to break with pace. and erikson to look for.the long ball out ? not the easist of conudrums,as carms said over to you tim !!!

for 55 mins sherwoods tactics worked against chelsea and it was then mainly down to personal errors that we lost it and sherwoods dropping of the c/bs deeper gaveus the platform to come bac against the saints. saying that not quite so easy with the pace and movement liverpool have and tbh like most on here I' m not optimistic., I'm quessing but surely after liverpool tore our <deleted> at the lane, sherwood wont play ahigh bac line and i'de go sandro and bento boy 2 hold with dembele tracking bac maybe chldery on the left to help bac with kane to hold up front assuming adeboy aint fit maybe with lennon on the right to break with pace. and erikson to look for.the long ball out ? not the easist of conudrums,as carms said over to you tim !!!

Our biggest weapon is probably that Rodgers won't have a clue what Sherwoods going to do either!!

lets hope he plays his cards well then carms. as per all on here agreed our main goal has to be to stifflel them for as long as poss

and i' m sure we can be a little more effecive in the last 15 mins and in the final third of the pitch then sunderland were last night who according to reports gave liverpool a nervy final ???mins. we live in hope not much but still hope.,,,,

Edited by rijit

Ask Baldini?

Sounds like some kind of 19th century mystic........The Great Baldini....

Or Magician....a crap one. Maybe an escape artist yet...slipping out the back door in the summer biggrin.png

Is he really BB, do you know what his actual role is at the Spurs ?

Does anybody?

Maybe you can enlighten us alf?

That's just it, if nobody knows what he he does then how can somebody have a pop at him !!!!!

I'm sure Mr levy and club officials know but I personally don't attend the training ground everyday so I'm not actually privy to what he does and ses whilst he's there but I'm sure Levy doesn't pay him a decent salary for standing around doing nothing,but perhaps you know different !!!!

Edited by alfieconn

I know nothing.

But it looks to me like the guy who is playing the players ain't buying them.

Anyway up, replacement of Bale has brought no more success than when you had Harry doing the football.

So why does it look like that to you ? inside info, reading the tabloids, a wild guess !!!!!!

Edited by alfieconn