Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I always felt Adebayor looks a complete tool with this saluting business after he's scored so you can imagine my horror now it seems our manager and non descipt asst Chris Ramsey are joining in.

Rather than knob around behaving like semi retarded kids why can't they just get their heads down and attempt to produce a level of football that might actually warrant something remotely approaching the obscene salaries they receive. They been hammered by all the four clubs in the existing top four, under achieved woefully all season and now i have to put up with this carry on of saluting each other because they have just managed to beat a team soon to be relegated.

Go on lads salute each other beating relegation fodder then capitulate like spineless cowards in the big games. Perhaps they should be reminded that rather than congratulate themselves they have actually all but blown our one main objective this season by cowering and capitulating in all the big games

If the word is true that Louis Van Gaal has long since signed with us i think some of our squad are going to get a fire cracker up the arse when he arrives.

Tootle Pip

In fairness carmine, I don't think you can throw this one at Adeboy?

Maybe if AVB had played him a bit more, it might have helped.

I like the salute btw. A little bit of fun and entertainment for us neutrals.

When Adeboy does it that is. Sherwood is a joke.

Well played against Sunderland. Eriksen clearly class. Shame for Poyert, he's a good man.

Adebayor doesn't give two hoots for Sherwood or the club. All he cares about is his contract. Apart from the fact he can be world class on his day i find him an offensive individual. Each to their own but i don't see anything funny in it. I just think he looks a complete bellend. Atleast i won't have to put up with Van Gaal saluting Adebayor!

As you say, Poyets a good man and was always an excellent pro. Always gets a good hand at WHL and i still think he has the makings of a good manager.

• Like 1

I always felt Adebayor looks a complete tool with this saluting business after he's scored so you can imagine my horror now it seems our manager and non descipt asst Chris Ramsey are joining in.

Rather than knob around behaving like semi retarded kids why can't they just get their heads down and attempt to produce a level of football that might actually warrant something remotely approaching the obscene salaries they receive. They been hammered by all the four clubs in the existing top four, under achieved woefully all season and now i have to put up with this carry on of saluting each other because they have just managed to beat a team soon to be relegated.

Go on lads salute each other beating relegation fodder then capitulate like spineless cowards in the big games. Perhaps they should be reminded that rather than congratulate themselves they have actually all but blown our one main objective this season by cowering and capitulating in all the big games

If the word is true that Louis Van Gaal has long since signed with us i think some of our squad are going to get a fire cracker up the arse when he arrives.

Tootle Pip

Well played against Sunderland. Eriksen clearly class. Shame for Poyert, he's a good man.

Adebayor doesn't give two hoots for Sherwood or the club. All he cares about is his contract. Apart from the fact he can be world class on his day i find him an offensive individual. Each to their own but i don't see anything funny in it. I just think he looks a complete bellend. Atleast i won't have to put up with Van Gaal saluting Adebayor!

As you say, Poyets a good man and was always an excellent pro. Always gets a good hand at WHL and i still think he has the makings of a good manager.

Shame about Poyet. When he first took the reins at Sunderland they definitely improved, and then all of a sudden came completely undone.

Nice to see Sherwood relaxed and smiling now we have no chance of top four.

I fully expect us to win all of our remaining games so we end up playing Thursday/Sunday.

His goal celebrations are ridiculous too....the Tim Henman of the touchline!

Yep. Tim Henman look alike. Spot on.

Talking of managers. Anybody checked Norwich's final games to the end of the season.w00t.gif

Houdini would not stop them going down.

Maybe Sherwood will go there next season.

Delia can do lunch for him.

Tootle Pip

I still wouldn't rule out Pochettino yet, especially if he's forced to sell. He's really done good things at Southampton and I'm sure he's impressed a lot of people. He doesn't need CL experience because Spurs will be in that Euro reserve league (or maybe not) and he's now got good PL experience. I think he will continue do well wherever he's at. Van Gaal still fav, but Poche closing in.

I fully expect us to win all of our remaining games so we end up playing Thursday/Sunday.

If we were to win our remaining games it would take us to 74pts.

That would be our highest ever points tally in the EPL. and would usually

guarantee 4th spot, but this season, for the first time, i don't think it would.

guarantee 4th spot, but this season, for the first time, i don't think it would.

I think 4th spot is a dream, but from what I've read on here Spurs should be trying hard to lose every game in order to avoid the dreaded Thursday / Sunday, yet again.

If I was Poch I would stay at Soton.

Depends if the management at Soton want to make a pigs ear of their success to date though.

Spurs job. Bit of a chalice I reckon. Not necessarily poisoned, but tricky to get your hands round.

• Like 1

I think 4th spot is a dream, but from what I've read on here Spurs should be trying hard to lose every game in order to avoid the dreaded Thursday / Sunday, yet again.

Well i certainly understand why avoiding the Europa could be a blessing in disguise.

When you look back at the recent seasons we played in it, it affected our league position.

The first time we qualified for the Champs League we didn't have any detractions of European football and finished 4th, in the following season we finished 5th.

That season Redknapp decided to play the youngsters in the Europa to keep the

first team regulars fresh to prioritise the League position and we again finished 4th.

When AVB arrived he wanted to try and win the Europa and again we ended up 5th, this season we took it seriously again and it will probably see us finish 6th or 7th.

If i had to choose between 5, 6 or 7th, i would prefer 7th and no Europa for next season so we can concentrate solely on the EPL.

• Like 1

EPL is more competitive now.

It is not rocket science.

Tootle Pip

I just saw a photo of the three saluting one another. Mortifying in the extreme. Poor Carmine, you must have wanted to beat your head on the table.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Well i certainly understand why avoiding the Europa could be a blessing in disguise.

When you look back at the recent seasons we played in it, it affected our league position.

The first time we qualified for the Champs League we didn't have any detractions of European football and finished 4th, in the following season we finished 5th.

first team regulars fresh to prioritise the League position and we again finished 4th.

When AVB arrived he wanted to try and win the Europa and again we ended up 5th, this season we took it seriously again and it will probably see us finish 6th or 7th.

If i had to choose between 5, 6 or 7th, i would prefer 7th and no Europa for next season so we can concentrate solely on the EPL.

Maybe Tim will fire the lads up to make sure it's Azerbaijan on a cold Thursday evening.

His parting gift.

• Like 1

If I was Poch I would stay at Soton.

Depends if the management at Soton want to make a pigs ear of their success to date though.

Spurs job. Bit of a chalice I reckon. Not necessarily poisoned, but tricky to get your hands round.

Its highly likely the Van Gaal deal is already done and i doubt Pochettino is giving the job much thought either.

• Like 1

Totally agree. I'm sick of that waste of space competition. No real kudos in even winning it, no money, screws up the domestic fixture list and drains resources. No thanks.

Totally agree. I'm sick of that waste of space competition. No real kudos in even winning it, no money, screws up the domestic fixture list and drains resources. No thanks.

I'de love to win it .

Never mind.

Mourinho will be doing an Eto'o at the corner flag if PSG knock us out.

If we were to win....

He's straight off down the channel tunnel.

biggrin.png

It's called CLASS.

P45 strikes again.

Wrong prediction as usual.

facepalm.gif

Straight down the corner flag.

But still....CLASS

thumbsup.gif

Best manager in the EPL.

wink.png

first i've heard of it and havent looked into it yet, but someone told me 2 nite there were no clubs dropping down from the champs league to the europa next season,, needed to happen and's a good thing imo. ANYONE HEARD BOUT THIS?

first i've heard of it and havent looked into it yet, but someone told me 2 nite there were no clubs dropping down from the champs league to the europa next season,, needed to happen and's a good thing imo. ANYONE HEARD BOUT THIS?

Must admit i haven't heard this but if its true then this is a good thing and will give the Europa more much needed credibility.

We're all going to have differing opinions on this but i would still go all out for the CL and with the like of Louis Van Gaal managing its very possible, especially without the distractions of all those midweek games and the messing around of our domestic fixture list.....as liverpool have found out!

If Lamela stays fit and repeats his past performances for Roma, Paulinho returns to form its bodes well for us. A lot of ifs but thats the same for everyone.

The player that p*ssed me off this season more than any other is Vertonghen. he's been a sulking petulant idiot. never been right since Barcelona registered an interest. I'd think seriously about offing him. Problem for me generally is the defense as posted before.