Tottenham Thread

chonabot

For me Gerrard and Henderson have already shown the world they are nothing more than ordinary. Our high pressing game will I hope run 'em ragged. Rose to ensure new boy Manquillo has a torrid time, and the other defensive woes that Rodgers is juggling could well have us 2-0 up in the first 30 mins.

Spurs looked good against QPR but QPR is beyond poor. Spurs aren't going to be running around this weekend doing whatever they like even given that Liverpool might not have the best defense in the EPL. Spurs aren't exactly lights out defensively either. Good match for the neutral.

I'd have 4 as the over/under.

For me Gerrard and Henderson have already shown the world they are nothing more than ordinary. Our high pressing game will I hope run 'em ragged. Rose to ensure new boy Manquillo has a torrid time, and the other defensive woes that Rodgers is juggling could well have us 2-0 up in the first 30 mins.

Spurs looked good against QPR but QPR is beyond poor. Spurs aren't going to be running around this weekend doing whatever they like even given that Liverpool might not have the best defense in the EPL. Spurs aren't exactly lights out defensively either. Good match for the neutral.

Nice price jd, no spread ?

Expected the scousers to be on here by now, after all, with all the money they've spent they should be fairly confident whistling.gif

really? as rijit and iancnx have already pointed out you're obviously going to batter us. it's probably not even worth us turning up really.

• Like 2

Nice price jd, no spread ?

I'm calling for a 2-2 draw Alfie, but I think I'm probably being kind to Spurs. Liverpool doesn't strike me as being too settled yet so some advantage for Spurs I reckon.

Then again maybe Balotelli will score a hat trick and then retire to become a hip hop artiste.

Expected the scousers to be on here by now, after all, with all the money they've spent they should be fairly confident whistling.gif

really? as rijit and iancnx have already pointed out you're obviously going to batter us. it's probably not even worth us turning up really.

Where exactly did i say that ? Funny how people read what they want to read rather than whats actually there..

• Like 1

Balotelli take note, number 21 just became your unlucky number.....

New Tottenham Hotspur signing Federico Fazio has been handed the number 21 shirt and is available for selection ahead of Liverpools visit on Sunday

Where exactly did i say that ? Funny how people read what they want to read rather than whats actually there..

Likewise I said nothing about battering anyone. I did say 2-0 up after 30 mins. I suspect Rodgers would then park the bus. But you are right, it probably won't be worth your while turning up as no points = no prizes.

C O Y S

Well, like a lot of people said before Moyes got heaved out " I wouldn't employ Baldini to put the cones out."

Potchettino looks innocent to me.

Really Pishflaps?

Have you even watched us? Have you actually seen the huge improvement in his purchases? Dd you know he's just signed a guy called Dier that could well be the bargain of the season!

Pishflaps, you're a clown. Don't really know why i even bother to reply to you.

Who was responsible for the purchase of Dier?

Well, like a lot of people said before Moyes got heaved out " I wouldn't employ Baldini to put the cones out."

Really Pishflaps?

Have you even watched us? Have you actually seen the huge improvement in his purchases? Dd you know he's just signed a guy called Dier that could well be the bargain of the season!

Apparently he trained with us 4 a few days under ari and ramsey sherwoods assistant rated him from his time with the the England u 20's so seems a long term target

• Like 1

Really Pishflaps?

Apparently he trained with us 4 a few days under ari and ramsey sherwoods assistant rated him from his time with the the England u 20's so seems a long term target

Nice one rijit.

No doubt carmine will correct any inaccuracy that does not suit.

Stand in the stands with carmine at WHL, and you will lose.

Make my Sunday, Mario.

im just hoping potts dont press us high cos liverpool have more

than enuf pace and guile in sterling sturridge ect to get

in behind and really cause us probs. In potts we trust, normaly i say that v tongue in cheek but actually for the first time in ??? i actually do trust a spurs manager to get it best as it can be.

Edited by rijit

Well I just hope its a bloody good game! biggrin.png

I'm sure it will be. With this one i do think its conceivable we could win but i'd take the point now tbh.

I don't rate Ballotelli, never have. He's an imbecile but you might remember last season that Suarez's ban didn't seem to detract from the results on the pitch. Its still the same side bar Suarez and stronger in certain departments. Stronger squad, better bench. The most important thing for me is how we perform. Its the first big test and a measure of where we are.

That resounding win last week seems to have given a few of you belief in your team again, which is nice. It seems to have really lifted expectation dramatically, which is enjoyable to witness also.

<deleted> Bob has been drinking milk again.biggrin.png

• Like 1

I'm sure it will be. With this one i do think its conceivable we could win but i'd take the point now tbh.

I don't rate Ballotelli, never have. He's an imbecile but you might remember last season that Suarez's ban didn't seem to detract from the results on the pitch. Its still the same side bar Suarez and stronger in certain departments. Stronger squad, better bench. The most important thing for me is how we perform. Its the first big test and a measure of where we are.

To be fair carms, the amount of money the scousers have spent recently we shouldn't be getting anywhere near them so anything will be a bonus.

That resounding win last week seems to have given a few of you belief in your team again, which is nice. It seems to have really lifted expectation dramatically, which is enjoyable to witness also.

I wouldn't say expectation is higher...simply that we appreciate the attacking style of play.

A long way to go with our squad yet before there will be any real belief we can win anything other than a domestic cup.

Edited by smokie36

To be fair carms, the amount of money the scousers have spent recently we shouldn't be getting anywhere near them so anything will be a bonus.

I think the amount of money you spent last summer squares that excuse off

• Like 1

But everyone on the forums been telling us all our buys bar Eriksen were crap!!

Alfie mentioned nowt about quality, just spends.

• Like 1

I dont think so, u put in 80 mil loss that ure owners have subbbed you and puts you way out in front.

I believe Bob was right at the forefront of that so hopefully Lamela will set him right today.

Who knows, we'll see how he does tonight, but theres a list of them regards Lamela. Apparently there was no way he was going to make it in the premier league. Ofcourse he spent almost the entire season injured but that was conveniently forgotten about. Theres at least four on here that think they are a better judge of talent than Maradona!

If Levy was convinced enough to make him our record signing then that says it all.

Alfie mentioned nowt about quality, just spends.

Out of interest what was you net spend this window?

I dont think so, u put in 80 mil loss that ure owners have subbbed you and puts you way out in front.

wt frig has that got to do with actual players in and out?....I'll tell you....nothing

Edited by BangrakBob