Tottenham Thread

chonabot

But everyone on the forums been telling us all our buys bar Eriksen were crap!!

Alfie mentioned nowt about quality, just spends.

Out of interest what was you net spend this window?

i think, not totally sure but around £32M

Well I just hope its a bloody good game! biggrin.png

I'm sure it will be. With this one i do think its conceivable we could win but i'd take the point now tbh.

I don't rate Ballotelli, never have. He's an imbecile but you might remember last season that Suarez's ban didn't seem to detract from the results on the pitch. Its still the same side bar Suarez and stronger in certain departments. Stronger squad, better bench. The most important thing for me is how we perform. Its the first big test and a measure of where we are.

To be fair carms, the amount of money the scousers have spent recently we shouldn't be getting anywhere near them so anything will be a bonus.

I think the amount of money you spent last summer squares that excuse off

No no no Bob, Liverpool spend 2014 and 2013 165m, Spurs 121m Diff 44m

Liverpool net spend 67m, Spurs -10.5m Diff 77.5 m

• Like 1

To be fair carms, the amount of money the scousers have spent recently we shouldn't be getting anywhere near them so anything will be a bonus.

I dont think so, u put in 80 mil loss that ure owners have subbbed you and puts you way out in front.

wt frig has that got to do with actual players in and out?....I'll tell you....nothing
what it means is that your owners bought players you couldnt afford and that if they hadnt paid out its not an entirely unreasoble arguement that your club wouldnt be challenging 4 a.top four spot or competeting in the champs lge. Edited by rijit

I dont think so, u put in 80 mil loss that ure owners have subbbed you and puts you way out in front.

wt frig has that got to do with actual players in and out?....I'll tell you....nothing

We're going over old ground here Bob but I will tell you once and for all, net spend should equate roughly to the improvement in the squad, so sell 100m worth of players and buy 100m and the squad will be roughly the same, it has to be, if you think its only on the spend fig look at this scenario, a team spends 120m and sell players to the value of 200m, would you expect the quality of the squad to improve or not ?

I'm sure it will be. With this one i do think its conceivable we could win but i'd take the point now tbh.

I don't rate Ballotelli, never have. He's an imbecile but you might remember last season that Suarez's ban didn't seem to detract from the results on the pitch. Its still the same side bar Suarez and stronger in certain departments. Stronger squad, better bench. The most important thing for me is how we perform. Its the first big test and a measure of where we are.

No no no Bob, Liverpool spend 2014 and 2013 165m, Spurs 121m Diff 44m

Liverpool net spend 67m, Spurs -10.5m Diff 77.5 m

add the 80 mil loss in and they are 150 mil up, but as ever as ever they wont want to see the reality of it.

Here we go, I've got better things to do than argue the toss all afternoon with you bell ends tongue.png

See you for an in-depth analysis of why you are still <deleted> later this evening.

BTW post #19279 was sarcasm

No good deed goes unpunished !!biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

half time and a deserved lead for Liverpool, they close us down that bit quicker and pass the ball that little bit sharper, balotelis a class act !!!

still alls not lost, adeboy should have equalized and chadli had more than enough time to look and beat minger rather than almost straight down

his throat . our midfield aint imposing them selves on liverpool, benteleb aint showed at all and sori rose aint up to it, he tries but,, a couple of

changes dembeli for capou or benty boy either aint shown enuf and maybe townsend for chadli, give liverpool lhs defence some more

pressure but that will expose rose, which could prove costly, anyway thankfully a touch better than last season,,,

Edited by rijit

soft penalty, hand on the player , he just felt it and went down. couldn't exactly say it was a dive, but not far short of it imo..

It was a blatant dive and just illustrates the stupidity of the interpretation of the rules of the game when from every corner players are wrapping their arms around the opposition or putting them in a headlock.

A cancer in the game and nothing is done about it...drives me nuts.

Quote Alfie sillybollox....

"No no no Bob, Liverpool spend 2014 and 2013 165m,

Spurs 121m Diff 44m

Liverpool net spend 67m, Spurs -10.5m Diff 77.5 m"

And boy did it show....all over the parkbiggrin.png (apart from the keepers, as Mignolet didn't have the chance to prove his worth)tongue.png

• Like 2

Quote Alfie sillybollox....

"No no no Bob, Liverpool spend 2014 and 2013 165m,

Spurs 121m Diff 44m

Liverpool net spend 67m, Spurs -10.5m Diff 77.5 m"

And boy did it show....all over the parkbiggrin.png (apart from the keepers, as Mignolet didn't have the chance to prove his worth)tongue.png

Boom!xpartytime2.gif.pagespeed.ic.V_K7hML3fS.

You don't rate a lot of people carmine.

As for a measure of 'where we are', 3 nil loss at home to a top 4 team does not bode well.

Spurs are improving, so are plenty of other teams.

Need to keep up, or your Championes League chances will be as remote as the possibility of you changing from being a bitter green eyed monster.

Oy Vey.

No matter how you look at it there is a big difference in talent between Liverpool and Spurs. Probably the only head to head match up of talent you'd win would be Lloris over Mignolet.

I'm not being critical for the sake of being critical mind you.

No matter how you look at it there is a big difference in talent between Liverpool and Spurs. Probably the only head to head match up of talent you'd win would be Lloris over Mignolet.

I'm not being critical for the sake of being critical mind you.

Not sure about that

Mignolet 0

Lloris-12