Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Hell in earth rij.... I had no idea this was happening at Heathrow or Charles De Gaulle.....I will be on my guard!!

the way you said google the story it suggested that it was of 'interest 'and or at least revealing about the kings which clearly it wasn't it was just another everyday rip off story

Tell you what though. That left back from Liverpool is classy.

Think his name his Moreno.

Special One reckoned he was a much better option than Shaw. Not sure why we didn't pursue him tbh.

We bought Luis for similar money in the end.

Anyway, back on topic. Dier looks quality. Haven't seen Baldini recently. Is he still in Brazil.

12m quid v 15.8m quid.....yeah, similar as both end in 'quid'. cheesy.gif

Fair point mate. Chelsea balked at £18mil for Moreno when Shaw was up for £27mil.

United eventually got Shaw for about 30, we bought Luis at 16, and Liverpool ended up with Moreno at 12.

Excellent purchase for Liverpool. As the jerks at White Hart Lane saw today.

yep looked good going forward, i would have liked to have pushed him defensively though.

Hell in earth rij.... I had no idea this was happening at Heathrow or Charles De Gaulle.....I will be on my guard!!

the way you said google the story it suggested that it was of 'interest 'and or at least revealing about the kings which clearly it wasn't it was just another everyday rip off story

Yep, ain't that the truth.

Tell you what though. That left back from Liverpool is classy.

Think his name his Moreno.

Special One reckoned he was a much better option than Shaw. Not sure why we didn't pursue him tbh.

We bought Luis for similar money in the end.

Anyway, back on topic. Dier looks quality. Haven't seen Baldini recently. Is he still in Brazil.

12m quid v 15.8m quid.....yeah, similar as both end in 'quid'. cheesy.gif
Fair point mate. Chelsea balked at £18mil for Moreno when Shaw was up for £27mil.

United eventually got Shaw for about 30, we bought Luis at 16, and Liverpool ended up with Moreno at 12.

Excellent purchase for Liverpool. As the jerks at White Hart Lane saw today.

yep looked good going forward, i would have liked to have pushed him defensively though.

Point taken.

Truth hurts.

Spurs should never have got rid of Harry, and they won't make top 4 this season.

With any luck, Spurs will be a stepping stone for Pochettino to move to a club without serious baggage.

Like I said mrboj.....please...

Just put the prick on ignore smokes as i have. Theres others that have too. Its not as if he has anything interesting to say and he's a very limited knowledge of the game as he demonstrates daily.

The only possible excuse he has is he spent his working life in advertising which does explain a lot.

Well that certainly knocked some down to earth ! we were very poor and they were very good, we seemed to come out like we were in awe of them and looked very nervous, still Rome wasn't built in a day and lets just hope that Poch can start implementing his ideas with some of his own players !

Footnote : Nice to see a full compliment of posters on here today unlike some of the other threads where half the posters go awol the day after a loss biggrin.png

Quote Alfie sillybollox....

"No no no Bob, Liverpool spend 2014 and 2013 165m,

Spurs 121m Diff 44m

Liverpool net spend 67m, Spurs -10.5m Diff 77.5 m"

And boy did it show....all over the parkbiggrin.png(apart from the keepers, as Mignolet didn't have the chance to prove his worth)tongue.png

Why wouldn't it ?

Well that certainly knocked some down to earth ! we were very poor and they were very good, we seemed to come out like we were in awe of them and looked very nervous, still Rome wasn't built in a day and lets just hope that Poch can start implementing his ideas with some of his own players !

Footnote : Nice to see a full compliment of posters on here today unlike some of the other threads where half the posters go awol the day after a loss biggrin.png

Back to a transitioning season then?

It was always going to be that. Remember your goodselves the season before last?

What we need to do is learn from that game and i'm sure we will. Lets face it, you can't expect Pochettino to be able to implement his ideas in a handful of games but what he's done so far and the way he's gone about it is fine by me.

Back to, Bob !!!! it's never not been one whistling.gif

It was always going to be that. Remember your goodselves the season before last?

What we need to do is learn from that game and i'm sure we will. Lets face it, you can't expect Pochettino to be able to implement his ideas in a handful of games but what he's done so far and the way he's gone about it is fine by me.

i like pochettino but he did look a bit lacking in ideas of how to change spurs for the better yesterday. we didn't really have to play that well but managed to shut down erikssen and lamela pretty easily - thought pochettino might have had a bit more savvy about how to change your set up for the positive. if andros townsend is the answer i don't know what the question is.

i like pochettino but he did look a bit lacking in ideas of how to change spurs for the better yesterday. we didn't really have to play that well but managed to shut down erikssen and lamela pretty easily - thought pochettino might have had a bit more savvy about how to change your set up for the positive. if andros townsend is the answer i don't know what the question is.

Having ideas is irrelevant if you havn't got the quality players to carry them out !

• Like 2

Having ideas is irrelevant if you havn't got the quality players to carry them out !

no it isn't alfie. it's how less good teams beat better teams. cf. stoke winning at man city on saturday for just one recent example.

• Like 2

Townsend for me is a one trick pony that can run fast and the answer to nothing. His stats are so bad they are laughable and as for the way he gifted that goal i was just speechless.

I tend to agree he seemed slightly devoid of ideas but to be fair there was no one on that bench i thought could have made a better impact than what we had on the pitch. He possibly could have started with a back two of Capoue and Dembele i suppose but who else? Eriksen was poor so maybe switch Lamela to the no10 role and stick Lennon on the right hoping he might have on of his rare good games?

Truth hurts.

Spurs should never have got rid of Harry, and they won't make top 4 this season.

With any luck, Spurs will be a stepping stone for Pochettino to move to a club without serious baggage.

Like I said mrboj.....please...

Just put the prick on ignore smokes as i have. Theres others that have too. Its not as if he has anything interesting to say and he's a very limited knowledge of the game as he demonstrates daily.

The only possible excuse he has is he spent his working life in advertising which does explain a lot.

No, I think he spends his day drinking, then posts every inane thought that comes into his brain, one line at a time, on any and every forum.

Truly is the forum pest.

Responding to Carmine's idea of Lamela as a #10. I think that would be his best position but only if he better learns to hold and shield the ball. I don't see much progress in that regard. He gets easily frustrated and prone to lose composure. I think the jury is still out as to whether he has the stomach for the EPL. I wish him the best but have my doubts.

• Like 1

Responding to Carmine's idea of Lamela as a #10. I think that would be his best position but only if he better learns to hold and shield the ball. I don't see much progress in that regard. He gets easily frustrated and prone to lose composure. I think the jury is still out as to whether he has the stomach for the EPL. I wish him the best but have my doubts.

It was simply an plan b option for yesterday as he's played in that role quite a lot apparently. Personally i thnk he's progressing nicely on the right and thats where he should stay in the starting line up.

Aside of the likes of Kaboul who was dreadful, i thought Bentaleb was totally ineffective. Sandro lacks a passing game but is quality when breaking up opposition attacks.

Whats happening with the Stromboli fella, wouldn't surprise me if it's been put out there that we are going to sign him in the hope that it pushes the Schneiderlin transfer along ! and going back to him if Sch goes pear shaped.

Well we will see what happens today....if we sign no one it will tell us all we need to know about our board.

Poch must be wondering why he left Southampton at this point.....without the players he needs getting his style of play going will be impossible against good opposition.

Oh well.......same old same old......wait for Levy to blame and sack him in March.......

no it isn't alfie. it's how less good teams beat better teams. cf. stoke winning at man city on saturday for just one recent example.

we needed to get width , push liverpool full backs deeper

and maybe them pulling in and dragging liverpools c/bs centre backs about a bit more, I saw no one with any ability 2 take on and run past anyone until

dembeli came on, perhaps he could have started and we should have used davies instead of rose and if available naughton instead of dier,given a

firmer defense then we could have played a pair of 'natural' wingers ,

sandro next to cap' would have added a touch more bite and kane would have been a better choice as a target upfront given that we're forfeiting

an attacking middie to give us width, as he drops bac and covers the midfield better than addie.

we all knew how potts was going to line up

However can u imagine the response if he had changed things large scale and lost 3-0!!!! fans and media post match would have crucified him,

footie fans are a fickle bunch look how all turned when sherwood tried a few different formations. And hindsight such a wonderful thing .1 st big test

of the season and the question really should not be focused totally on the result but on is their progress from last season,,,,ans',,,,,just

Bentaleb should have been replaced by Sandro for sure. Their midfield needed roughing up a bit.......within the law ofcourse.

Everytime i see Rose play i wonder why we ever loaned out BAE and why we didn't bring him back. Rose cannot defend and is serially caught out of position

I'll tell you why we lost rij......they have better players than us.

There"s only so much juice you can squeeze from an orange.

Ooh aah Cantona.......

Smokie, i hope you ain't going to start talking about seagulls and fishing boats are you!!!

United fans may have thought it so enigmatic and of course he was such a poet and all that... but the rest of the world thought it was a complete <deleted> making us cringe with embarrassmentbiggrin.png

• Like 1

and maybe them pulling in and dragging liverpools c/bs centre backs about a bit more, I saw no one with any ability 2 take on and run past anyone until

dembeli came on, perhaps he could have started and we should have used davies instead of rose and if available naughton instead of dier,given a

sandro next to cap' would have added a touch more bite and kane would have been a better choice as a target upfront given that we're forfeiting

an attacking middie to give us width, as he drops bac and covers the midfield better than addie.

However can u imagine the response if he had changed things large scale and lost 3-0!!!! fans and media post match would have crucified him,

footie fans are a fickle bunch look how all turned when sherwood tried a few different formations. And hindsight such a wonderful thing .1 st big test

of the season and the question really should not be focused totally on the result but on is their progress from last season,,,,ans',,,,,just

No we wouldn't, the idea in a 4-2-3-1 is that the full backs play attacking with wide players of the 3 cutting in.

No we wouldn't, the idea in a 4-2-3-1 is that the full backs play attacking with wide players of the 3 cutting in.

i know what the idea is alfie and you've missed the point which is that our pair of bacs they aint good enuf to cover the whole flank

rose is a winger converted to a full bac adequate goin forward,,, just. and dier is a central defender doing a job for the team. okish but can easily

be stretched as we saw and couldnt get forward . so put natural fullbacks in and more attacking pace down the flanks, . more bite into the

midfield with a more team orientated target man maybe it'll lt'll work maybe not but it's better to have a plan b than not and IMO yesterday when we

saw the result of not.

Bentaleb should have been replaced by Sandro for sure. Their midfield needed roughing up a bit.......within the law ofcourse.

Everytime i see Rose play i wonder why we ever loaned out BAE and why we didn't bring him back. Rose cannot defend and is serially caught out of position

bae or verity are our best left bac options, the sooner Potts gets to grips with that, the sooner we will improve.

in the current system verity's a waste of talent in central defense barely an adequate defender much better going forward

sooner he forgets his national team aspirations, them dropping him in the w/c as a c/d should have helped, and realizes what side his bread is

buttered on the better.