Tottenham Thread

chonabot

You're missing the point with Lamela imo smokie. Why, because he can do, has already done it, and showed enough "glimpses" of what we are missing.

The question we have yet to find an answer to is why is his head so clearly not focused properly on his game? Why, from starting with a marked improvement this season when finally fit has he now started to regress? The ability is there and anyone who says its not is on a wind up or just doesn't know their football.

If you are going to blame Baldini for anyone then theres far better candidates to tar him with such as Chiriches for 9m if he was his buy. You might also take a look at Soldado's suitability as a striker to our style of play and i'm just lost for words on what happened to Paulinho from the player he was in Brazil!

I agree he started the season well.....just venting the other day.

Problem is likely in the dressing room I think....I agree on the other young players being the way forward....perhaps he is struggling to fit into that group?

I think most of our problems stem from the dressing room. Its not just the attitude and a culture that accepts defeat its a group of players unsuited and/or incapable of playing in the managers style.

Lamalla looks like he' s hit a bit of brick wall strength wise . He's 20 ish games into a season that physically he's probably never known anything like b4, will take him time to get used to it and produce.

Well that's an interesting comment....Bale certainly bulked up a lot and got his fitness to a peak.

Off to the gym!

Lamalla looks like he' s hit a bit of brick wall strength wise . He's 20 ish games into a season that physically he's probably never known anything like b4, will take him time to get used to it and produce.

Well that's an interesting comment....Bale certainly bulked up a lot and got his fitness to a peak.

Off to the gym!

But is Lamela to committed professional that Gareth Bale is? I doubt it and if his heads not right he won't put the hours in at the gym either

• Like 1

Off to the gym!

But is Lamela to committed professional that Gareth Bale is? I doubt it and if his heads not right he won't put the hours in at the gym either

You have to wonder what's going on in their heads.

I've just had a long swim before I do a ten hour shift....lazy bstards is all I can say!

At a loss for words.....bring in some new faced in Jan I guess if we can.

It does now appear a lot of money has been wasted....Lamela alone should cost Baldini his job.

Ok, whats it got to do with Baldini ?

These signings were his were they not Alfredo?

Or was AVB heavily involved as well?

i was in a pub on the seven sisters road last night. was amazed by the enormous number of man united fans in there - thought it was all spurs in that part of london?

I'd be surprised to find anyone who would tick the White British box as ethnic origin around there!

i was in a pub on the seven sisters road last night. was amazed by the enormous number of man united fans in there - thought it was all spurs in that part of london?

When Man Utd were playing?? You do realise not everyone living in London hails from London??

In other news there are now Man City shirts everywhere, 10 years ago fark all.

Off to the gym!

yeah that next step on doesn't come by chance or talent alone , more often than not it comes by practice and graft, beckham proved that, whether our expensive imports have the x tra or put in the x tra, we've yet to see, most of spurs purchace's are 'punts' that we hope have the abilty and or the application to take the next step on and up, turn our seasons ad eventually make us bundles of money, the paulhinos ericsons, lammelas, all have made decent impressions in their domestic league's and for their national teams, and have cost us small fortunes, but so far don't look as though they can, whether that will turn, who knows, I've seen flash's that it can but not enuf to suggest it will be consistently effective long term , weird the one that 2 me looks 'most likely' cost us nothing,,harry kane. wai2.gif

Off to the gym!

yeah that next step on doesn't come by chance or talent alone , more often than not it comes by practice and graft, beckham proved that, whether our expensive imports have the x tra or put in the x tra, we've yet to see, most of spurs purchace's are 'punts' that we hope have the abilty and or the application to take the next step on and up, turn our seasons ad eventually make us bundles of money, the paulhinos ericsons, lammelas, all have made decent impressions in their domestic league's and for their national teams, and have cost us small fortunes, but so far don't look as though they can, whether that will turn, who knows, I've seen flash's that it can but not enuf to suggest it will be consistently effective long term , weird the one that 2 me looks 'most likely' cost us nothing,,harry kane. wai2.gif

Not to quibble, well maybe a little, but Lamela has done <deleted> all for the Argentina NT. Ten caps, one goal, and often looks as lost as he does for Spurs.

I'd be surprised to find anyone who would tick the White British box as ethnic origin around there!

oh there were plenty of white fellas of all ages smokie. good multicultural ethnic mix of people in there to be honest. and only mildly moody in there compared to many london drinkers i've been in.

still weirds me out to hear broad cockneys cheering united on though. "cam oan rooney moy san" just doesn't sound right.

Off to the gym!

Not to quibble, well maybe a little, but Lamela has done <deleted> all for the Argentina NT. Ten caps, one goal, and often looks as lost as he does for Spurs.

yeah that could be argued, but decent enuf to get there and arguably to stay there,and command a big transfer fee from what people have seen of him on a 'big stage', he missed most of last season thru injury and consequently the world cup and all its warm up maybe 10 maybe 15 caps? and if he broke through @ 20 ish? thats 10 in 2ish years plus what he missed thats not a terrible return for a newbie and as for marradonka's comments , suggest there's something there but tbh , probably haven't done him any favors,

Oh you been to any match's in b.a yet?

Off to the gym!

yeah that could be argued, but decent enuf to get there and arguably to stay there,and command a big transfer fee from what people have seen of him on a 'big stage', he missed most of last season thru injury and consequently the world cup and all its warm up maybe 10 maybe 15 caps? and if he broke through @ 20 ish? thats 10 in 2ish years plus what he missed thats not a terrible return for a newbie and as for marradonka's comments , suggest there's something there but tbh , probably haven't done him any favors,

Not yet. The barrabravas are killing each other nearly every weekend ( a slight exxageration). The season ends next weekend. Never a dull moment in Buenos Aires.w00t.gif

When Man Utd were playing?? You do realise not everyone living in London hails from London??

In other news there are now Man City shirts everywhere, 10 years ago fark all.

mate, footballs aint anywhere near a clear pic abetter reflection, would be to ,walk through a 'normal London street market, and or, not that i often do,, but queue and go on a bus, you'll soon realize that the majority of people that live in london don't come from london

Edited by rijit

Not yet. The barrabravas are killing each other nearly every weekend ( a slight exxageration). The season ends next weekend. Never a dull moment in Buenos Aires.w00t.gif

yeah, s/a's footie fan's, mad ,, ott stuff, not quite sure if there on the same level as the turkish, who are totally totally loopy, but still bad enuf not to want to get 2 near,

Well walkers back after 9 months out from comp'tve footie ,, now that is s a long time, lets hope we're sensible with him and dont rush him back.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Not the worst display I've seen from us this season,,slightly disjointed aka most starters 2 nite are 'fringe ish players' however we dominated 4 long periods but were eventually caught on the break. Soldado is still getting in scoring positions but same old same old..

for professional footballers,to be in a team and on the pitch , it is the same as a normal work in any place,be it in the factory or in the office or in the cafe serving drinks or whatever.

if there is no COMMITMENT and DESIRE, no matter how skillful you are or how 'good' you are, there will be no tangible result if you're just there to collect a pay check at the end of the week/month.

look at Messi and compare his performance for Barca and country. you can see the big difference.

and we lack now the most is a true leader.

there is no Perryman, Mabbutt or King...

Edited by tmaker

for professional footballers,to be in a team and on the pitch , it is the same as a normal work in any place,be it in the factory or in the office or in the cafe serving drinks or whatever.

if there is no COMMITMENT and DESIRE, no matter how skillful you are or how 'good' you are, there will be no tangible result if you're just there to collect a pay check at the end of the week/month.

look at Messi and compare his performance for Barca and country. you can see the big difference.

Yes theres no leader but remember too, this attitude has been a problem for Spurs for years. Reminds me of the recent comments by Roy Keane with regards Fergusons "team talk" for a Spurs game. Basically, they didn't need one!! Why? Because Spurs don't mind losing!! Everybody knows it. What makes it worse is even when we are winning we look like we are bottling it. We never even look like we can hold a lead.

How long before Kane, Mason and Bentaleb succumb to this losers attitude at our club.

Right now i'd be happy to see 80% of our squad sold off. Get the closest thing to a Dave Mackay to captain and then play the youngsters

Yes theres no leader but remember too, this attitude has been a problem for Spurs for years. Reminds me of the recent comments by Roy Keane with regards Fergusons "team talk" for a Spurs game. Basically, they didn't need one!! Why? Because Spurs don't mind losing!! Everybody knows it. What makes it worse is even when we are winning we look like we are bottling it. We never even look like we can hold a lead.

How long before Kane, Mason and Bentaleb succumb to this losers attitude at our club.

Right now i'd be happy to see 80% of our squad sold off. Get the closest thing to a Dave Mackay to captain and then play the youngsters

I have to say that until Besiktas scored, your lot looked like they either didn't care or thought the opposition were beneath them.

Iv'e always defended Soldado but perhaps it's time for him to go and judging by Poch replacing him with a midfield player perhaps he is thinking the same !

It might well be time alfie but in fairness was there another out and out striker on the bench last night and tbh i didnt see there was much wrong with the indivisual attitude or commitment last night, it looked exactly what they are a group of players as a team not really 'clicking'. which lack match time and knowing they aint in favour with the manager really doesnt help them,

Iv'e always defended Soldado but perhaps it's time for him to go and judging by Poch replacing him with a midfield player perhaps he is thinking the same !

It might well be time alfie but in fairness was there another out and out striker on the bench last night and tbh i didnt see there was much wrong with the indivisual attitude or commitment last night, it looked exactly what they are a group of players as a team not really 'clicking'. which lack match time and knowing they aint in favour with the manager really doesnt help them,

No there wasn't, that's exactly my point ! replacing him with a midfield player when we needed a goal, do you think Poch would have replaced him if he fancied him to score ?

No there wasn't, that's exactly my point ! replacing him with a midfield player when we needed a goal, do you think Poch would have replaced him if he fancied him to score ?

Yeah. Fair point alfie. Or given our striker situ @ the mo, do you think the plan was to give him ?? Mins and try to keep him fresh for the weekend? as i said next to kane he's our only fit striker tbh either or seem plausible, But realistically how long can we stick by soldado? And on another point we say we take this cup seriousely , but Can u see any of last nites starting team starting @ the weekend? Maybe walker?

Yeah. Fair point alfie. Or given our striker situ @ the mo, do you think the plan was to give him ?? Mins and try to keep him fresh for the weekend? as i said next to kane he's our only fit striker tbh either or seem plausible, But realistically how long can we stick by soldado? And on another point we say we take this cup seriousely , but Can u see any of last nites starting team starting @ the weekend? Maybe walker?

No, as I don't think he'll be playing at the weekend, on the bench I would imagine.

I don't think Poch will be sticking by him any longer and Kane will be our no.1 striker, obviously he won't be out of the picture completely because we don't have anyone else as back up.

Don't think you can say that we aren't taking the Europa Cup seriously just because we put out our second string on Thursday as we had already qualified.