Tottenham Thread

chonabot

cant find a linkie thingy but the Indie had Bentaleb down as the 'newcomer' of the year, Not a terrible shout, he's certainly gone from yet another 'strange' decision by sherwood to almost an essential part of the team, big leap for a 19 year old

cant find a linkie thingy but the Indie had Bentaleb down as the 'newcomer' of the year, Not a terrible shout, he's certainly gone from yet another 'strange' decision by sherwood to almost an essential part of the team, big leap for a 19 year old

It was never a strange decision was it? Just a manager bringing a player up from the lower ranks that few people had heard of.

More a case of a manger who used to be in charge of the youth doing the job he's highly paid to do and making whats turned out to be a very good decision.

How they have him down as a newcomer when he paid regularly for half of last season is weird but a talent he definitely is.

It was never a strange decision was it? Just a manager bringing a player up from the lower ranks that few people had heard of.

More a case of a manger who used to be in charge of the youth doing the job he's highly paid to do and making whats turned out to be a very good decision.

How they have him down as a newcomer when he paid regularly for half of last season is weird but a talent he definitely is.

There was me thinking he was thought of as Agent Dim's Love Child

I've never known a farmer yet who knew anything about football tractor boy.

• Like 1

I've never known a farmer yet who knew anything about football tractor boy.

Yeah binnsy, stick to sheep and cows biggrin.png

• Like 2

yeaH by lots it was questioned,the rich's Sherwood had at his disposal and yet he picked a spidery yoof !!!!! and they we're talkin new year old year achievements, 'newcomer' as in making his debut and making a place his own, carmine,in 2014. actually if u want to split hairs he made his debut on the 20th December 2013, But either way He's gonna be a miss when he 'off's' to the africa cup in jan. we ant really had anyone since Parker that does his job well.

yeah binnsy , you and thinking dont really get along to well, as others have said, best stick to tractors smile.png

yeaH by lots it was questioned,the rich's Sherwood had at his disposal and yet he picked a spidery yoof !!!!! and they we're talkin new year old year achievements, 'newcomer' as in making his debut and making a place his own, carmine,in 2014. actually if u want to split hairs he made his debut on the 20th December 2013, But either way He's gonna be a miss when he 'off's' to the africa cup in jan. we ant really had anyone since Parker that does his job well.

Yes agree the best since Parker and i forgot he'll be off to Africa. Not good news at all.

I hope Sherwood gets a job soon. I don't think he ever stood a chance of retaining his job at Spurs with Levy having different ideas but the fact is he did enough to warrant another job and once some of the naiveities are ironed out might well turn out to be a very good manager.

yeah binnsy , you and thinking dont really get along to well, as others have said, best stick to tractors smile.png

Fishing on here is fun Just drop a line and get bites all the time can't fail

post-184783-0-58564400-1420086620_thumb.

• Like 1

I hope Faz is a bit more subtle tonight biggrin.png

Bit more subtlety yes but Fazio is the sort of guy our timid generous defense needs! smile.png

Few would also deny Costa deserves the occasional punch to verb his own pitch antics.

A broken leg wouldn't go amiss! :P

Bit more subtlety yes but Fazio is the sort of guy our timid generous defense needs! smile.png

Few would also deny Costa deserves the occasional punch to verb his own pitch antics.

A broken leg wouldn't go amiss! tongue.png

Come on lads. If you're going to win, win fair. By the way, I think your pessimism is a bit misplaced. I expect a very tough game tonight.

Come on lads. If you're going to win, win fair. By the way, I think your pessimism is a bit misplaced. I expect a very tough game tonight.

I strongly fancied Chelsea to win by at least 2 goals, until I saw the past records of meetings. Chelsea have only beaten Spurs, at Spurs once in the last 8 league meetings!!!!

What pessimism OG ?

Taking into account our current injury situation this is an intersting extract from a blog written in May about Poch

The Southampton players have relatively few muscle injury problems which is something our side suffer from a lot. Pochettino does work on glueteal muscles before every training session, players have a prevention program they follow. If he can reduce the number of muscle injuries we get, Lennon seems to have three a season, Dembele is another, then our squad won't be so stretched all the time.

Something to thank Poch for perhaps !

Berahino, no absolute info, but our name, next to Liverpool is continually being linked with him, Aint seen that much of him, but what i've seen, i've got to say he is one,if not THE the quickest over 10 ish yards, i've seen in an 'age', and seems to know how to finish , creating the chances hasn't been an issue for us , arguably finishing them has, , but as per, the question is will he be able to take the step up, thoughts guys?

Teams for todays match:

Tottenham: Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

Chelsea: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa

Good to see Walker in there, not to sure about Rose and Townsend though.

I hope Faz is a bit more subtle tonight biggrin.png https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZYMtrBR6M

apparentky there's history between them going back to their spainish days, costa digs and gets 'dug' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjp249A6O2s

no doubts costa wll be 'at it' this after.

I hope Faz is a bit more subtle tonight biggrin.png https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZYMtrBR6M

apparentky there's history between them going back to their spainish days, costa digs and gets 'dug' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjp249A6O2s

no doubts costa wll be 'at it' this after.

whoops sori guys missed alfie's earlier post.thumbsup.gif

One of the biggest factors in todays win for me was that Chelsea scored first and we

still went on to score 5 goals against them.

Before the match i was thinking that we needed to score the first goal today to have any chance

of getting anything out of this match.

Credit to the way the Tottenham players went about their game, especially Kane and Chadli

and not too far behind them Bentaleb and Ericksen.

Lets hope they can kick on from this performance in to the second half of the season! COYS!

post-63109-0-13391700-1420144992_thumb.p

post-63109-0-80179200-1420144922_thumb.p

post-63109-0-94037200-1420145071_thumb.p

post-63109-0-12301500-1420144442_thumb.p

post-63109-0-31023200-1420144612_thumb.p

Edited by sotsira

Terrific entertainment. Who would have thought Chelsea scoring 3 goals would concede 5? Terry and Cahill run ragged by Harry Kane. Surely an England call up on the cards.

Yep the chavs central defense could handle harry this evening

'as for england

2 questions need answering

1/ wellbeck or kane ?

2/ Is there a better c/f in European football this season? If there is I aint seen him .