Tottenham Thread

chonabot

After the new dawn....darkness falls.

We've just had a six match unbeaten run you silly little fellow. Bore off.

It still doesn't hide the fact you are not happy with your teams transition ..does it? smile.png

On the contrary. I'm very positive.

Firstly we haven't just gone out and spunked not far short of 200m to solve the problemwink.png

Secondly we are now probably the fittest team in the league. That was clearly step one.

Next we will start to offload the players he doesn't want and identify ones he does want.

NB. This doesn't mean going out and loaning players for obscene amounts of money to try and get a quick fix.wink.png

Pochettino has already improved the player attitude and significantly developed certain player.

Very optimistic but it'll take time.

I will watch us do this as no doubt your merchandising tool of a club, with its fickle plastic supporters continues to buy its way back to challenging to top teams. It must be so underwhelming for you to see this, especially knowing your just a poor man Man Citeh!! laugh.png

Anything you would care to add?

You forgot about our World famous yuff system that we continue to play young players and give them a chance and how we still are the greatest football club in the World,we have standards that need keeping in order.A machine needs the cogs oiling every now and then if not you end up like Spurs.biggrin.png Always being built up and then being let down again.So so frustrating.

You're not the biggest club in the world. Not by a long shot. Whenever Real Madrid decide they want one of your players theres further evidence of that and i will probably be reminding you again of this when your keeper situation changes.

You don't even fill your own stadium according to police attendance recordscheesy.gif

I didn't watch the game i was waiting for the paint to dry but it seems to me that Spurs have an abundance of talented players but no real direction and that stems from the manager and coaching staff.

What is your best lineup?

How many new players and in what positions do you need them in now..i know your still looking for a sriker of quality to give Kane a hand but Eriksen needs to be played in a free role imo and the team built around those two.

Lamela? Soldado? Dembele? Townsend?

Palace i mean! tongue.png

If you didn't watch the game how can you comment ? for your info I wouldn't say we a have an abundance of talented players but we have direction that stems from the manager and coaching staff.

Eriksen is playing in a free role !!

So to sum things up your post just proves you nothing about Spurs and probably football come to that, well certainly not the offside rule that's probably been in place for 50 years biggrin.png

I wondered how long it would be before Costello turned up with the old offside rule.

What direction do you have then?.....where and what do you think is your coaches plans for the team?

or is it slag us off for spending money and then say you need to buy a few more players AGAIN! No Gareth to bale you out this time though and Levy is the man there anyway....that much i do know that is why managers have been coming and going "smarty pants"

Your club needs a really top draw proven manager and Levy gone before you even start to be successful.

I didn't watch the game i was waiting for the paint to dry but it seems to me that Spurs have an abundance of talented players but no real direction and that stems from the manager and coaching staff.

What is your best lineup?

How many new players and in what positions do you need them in now..i know your still looking for a sriker of quality to give Kane a hand but Eriksen needs to be played in a free role imo and the team built around those two.

Lamela? Soldado? Dembele? Townsend?

Palace i mean! tongue.png

If you didn't watch the game how can you comment ? for your info I wouldn't say we a have an abundance of talented players but we have direction that stems from the manager and coaching staff.

Eriksen is playing in a free role !!

So to sum things up your post just proves you nothing about Spurs and probably football come to that, well certainly not the offside rule that's probably been in place for 50 years biggrin.png

I wondered how long it would be before Costello turned up with the old offside rule.

What direction do you have then?.....where and what do you think is your coaches plans for the team?

or is it slag us off for spending money and then say you need to buy a few more players AGAIN! No Gareth to bale you out this time though and Levy is the man there anyway....that much i do know that is why managers have been coming and going "smarty pants"

Your club needs a really top draw proven manager and Levy gone before you even start to be successful.

Levy gone I would tend to agree....ultimately he has been responsible for us losing two great players and failing to replace them.

The new manager needs time and is already beginning to see in the younger players considerable improvement.

Trouble is our squad has a bit of dross that needs to be removed......go back and read the first paragraph again Nads!

Good to see you agree that Levy needs to go for you to be successful i suppose that also means Joe will sell the club for that to happen and the new stadium is part of the deal as far as i know......which is holding up any buyers getting involved,is that right?

I understand you have some dross still as we all do.... quite a bit from the Bale sale spending spree that netted the magnificent seven not..

Anyway getting in the Champions league is also a must for the Spurs to attract the major money needed to rid you of Levy and Lewis.I feel it would really change the fortunes of your club if you managed to qualify.

I actually think the manager is OK but his hands are tied.

Edit..I read Lewis was asking around 1 Billion!! with the new stadium taken into that costing 400 Million is that correct?

Edited by MrRed

Good to see you agree that Levy needs to go for you to be successful i suppose that also means Joe will sell the club for that to happen and the new stadium is part of the deal as far as i know......which is holding up any buyers getting involved,is that right?

I understand you have some dross still as we all do.... quite a bit from the Bale sale spending spree that netted the magnificent seven not..

Anyway getting in the Champions league is also a must for the Spurs to attract the major money needed to rid you of Levy and Lewis.I feel it would really change the fortunes of your club if you managed to qualify.

I actually think the manager is OK but his hands are tied.

Edit..I read Lewis was asking around 1 Billion!! with the new stadium taken into that costing 400 Million is that correct?

You're getting there Mr Ed :D

Keep up and maybe carms will reply to you soon!

I don't know the ins and outs of the stadium or other investment deals unfortunately....but until there are bricks and mortar I doubt any takeover will happen.

Its just a shame there is not going to be a tube line running through the area......regeneration in that part of London demands it so badly.

Edited by smokie36

Carms will be tucked up in bed now after sending his home help Alfie back to the institution but i look forward to his response after his medication in the morning.thumbsup.gif

Were they not building a supermarket as well? Lets hope it's not an Aldi or a Lidl w00t.gif

Reports suggesting that Levy's up to his usual in the transfer market, asking too much for players that need to go. Kaboul, Adebayor and probably Lennon.

This is very worrying because now is the time he simply has to back Pochettino. We all know money needs to come in before we buy in and he's threatening to upset the apple cart yet again.

We have fortuitously found ourselves in an unexpected but real chance of a top four finish and needs to go for it now. Very frustrating is our Mr Levy.

You would have thought he would have learnt his lesson by now and been thinking new manager new transfer strategy ! But doesn't seem like, how frustrating must it be for the manager.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What makes it worse is Adebayor and Kaboul are trouble causers and unsettling the younger elements in the dressing room. They hold no purpose in the sguad and need moved on pronto.

You would have thought he would have learnt his lesson by now and been thinking new manager new transfer strategy ! But doesn't seem like, how frustrating must it be for the manager.

What makes it worse is Adebayor and Kaboul are trouble causers and unsettling the younger elements in the dressing room. They hold no purpose in the sguad and need moved on pronto.

We can't sell this dross on big wages is the problem.

We can't sell this dross on big wages is the problem.

Yep, Adebayor is on £100k a week, can't see anyone taking him on for that, we only paid £5M

for him and i'm sure Levy would let him go for free just to get him off the wage bill.

Let's not forget BAE he's no different, collecting his wages for doing nought, waiting for his

contract to run out.

I think Ade will prob do the same, but not sure how long his contract is, i think it's another year to

18 months.

Kaboul's contract ends this summer, i think, so he'll prob wait around and end up on a Bosman.

Lennon's being touted around for £7M and Naughton for £5M, which seems reasonable.

Edit: Talking of Adebayor, he may well be playing tonight:

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/tottenham/tottenham_handed_major_boost_ahead_of_crunch_burnley_fa_cup_replay_1_3915900

Edited by sotsira

Reports suggesting that Levy's up to his usual in the transfer market, asking too much for players that need to go. Kaboul, Adebayor and probably Lennon.

This is very worrying because now is the time he simply has to back Pochettino. We all know money needs to come in before we buy in and he's threatening to upset the apple cart yet again.

We have fortuitously found ourselves in an unexpected but real chance of a top four finish and needs to go for it now. Very frustrating is our Mr Levy.

Have Levy and Mike Ashley ever been seen in the same room together ?

After the new dawn....darkness falls.

We've just had a six match unbeaten run you silly little fellow. Bore off.

It still doesn't hide the fact you are not happy with your teams transition ..does it? smile.png

On the contrary. I'm very positive.

Firstly we haven't just gone out and spunked not far short of 200m to solve the problemwink.png

Secondly we are now probably the fittest team in the league. That was clearly step one.

Next we will start to offload the players he doesn't want and identify ones he does want.

NB. This doesn't mean going out and loaning players for obscene amounts of money to try and get a quick fix.wink.png

Pochettino has already improved the player attitude and significantly developed certain player.

Very optimistic but it'll take time.

I will watch us do this as no doubt your merchandising tool of a club, with its fickle plastic supporters continues to buy its way back to challenging to top teams. It must be so underwhelming for you to see this, especially knowing your just a poor man Man Citeh!! laugh.png

Anything you would care to add?

You forgot about our World famous yuff system that we continue to play young players and give them a chance and how we still are the greatest football club in the World,we have standards that need keeping in order.A machine needs the cogs oiling every now and then if not you end up like Spurs.biggrin.png Always being built up and then being let down again.So so frustrating.

you've got a lot to say, making u for the year you ducked out when your team were shit,,,,laugh.png

Let's not forget BAE he's no different, collecting his wages for doing nought, waiting for his

contract to run out.

TBh as a mean, taking defensive and attacking duties, i still reckon he's better than both rose and Davies..

• Like 1

Still no Lennon or Adebayor on the bench whistling.gif lets hope it means that they are both going !

Adeboy's apparently according to.poch yesterdays not fit/ ready but lennon your guess is as good as mine i would imagine he' son his way, funny cos i'm with sots used in thw right way iN OUR OPINIONS we're

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Still no Lennon or Adebayor on the bench whistling.gif lets hope it means that they are both going !

I think Lennon could be going to Everton and Naughton to Swansea.

Not so sure Adebayor will leave, he's on too much money for anybody to

take him.

Good to see Rose playing on the left wing with Davies as a left back last night,

i think Poch should play Rose there more often as it suits his style of play, he also

used to be a left winger in the youth team.

I think Lennon could be going to Everton and Naughton to Swansea.

Not so sure Adebayor will leave, he's on too much money for anybody to

take him.

Good to see Rose playing on the left wing with Davies as a left back last night,

i think Poch should play Rose there more often as it suits his style of play, he also

used to be a left winger in the youth team.

actually he broke into the first team as a winger and tbh att ari was right he wernt good enuf and per chance / injury he played him at l b and he looked ok so ,, anyway uve got to feel 4 soldado

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

but anyhow still 'better' than SOLDado ,,,, right ? that's my view.... lol...

What do you base that on ?

he was one of our better Striker ,right ?not forgetting his contribution during his time here with Berba and Keane

from BBC - The ex-England international, who scored 142 goals in 363 games over two spells with the White Hart Lane club, has been linked with a return to the Premier League in the current transfer window.

afterall you gotta take into account his age ..you can't expect him to be agile like a 20 yr old.

How long ago did he play with Berb and Keane ?

Jimmy Greaves was also one of our better strikers, right ?

Scored 220 goals in 321 games

I don't hear you wanting him back !

If your going to start using players stats at least use some recent ones, in his last season at Spurs he scored 1 goal in 14 League appearences and in his last 4 seasons at Spurs he scored 27 goals, now if you think that is good enough then your easily pleased !

hahahaha...

happy now ?

Toronto FC and England striker Jermain Defoe has completed his move to Sunderland, signing a three-and-a-half-year deal with the club.