Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Yes - good game.

I am happy that Sheff Utd didn't lose and scored a couple in the process. smile.png

It is a puzzle that the team can't rise to the occasion in the league, as it is stuck down in League 1 sad.png

Good luck in the final and try to do a Bradford over Chelsea thumbsup.gif

If the Blades can win Preston in the FA Cup (at Sheffield) and presumably Man U beat Cambridge - Man Utd will be the next Premiership club to visit Bramall Lane.

Well that was a nerve racking last 20mins!

Thank god we had Kane and Eriksen on the

pitch to bail us out yet again!

Without those two we've got nothing going forward.

COYS!

Yes those two played well, Eriksen excellent but i wish Kane would add "passing" to his repertoire. Must be very frustrating for other players getting in a much better position but knowing he's going to be head down and shoot. Ofcourse he's still very young and will learn.

The game did highlight the fact that Lloris should have been playing. We'll be under intense pressure from Chelsea in the final and the back four will perform better if Hugo's in goal in think. Unfortunately he'll probably stick with Vorm who looks lacking in confidence.

Edited by carmine

COYS!

Yes those two played well, Eriksen excellent but i wish Kane would add "passing" to his repertoire. Must be very frustrating for other players getting in a much better position but knowing he's going to be head down and shoot. Ofcourse he's still very young and will learn.

The game did highlight the fact that Lloris should have been playing. We'll be under intense pressure from Chelsea in the final and the back four will perform better if Hugo's in goal in think. Unfortunately he'll probably stick with Vorm who looks lacking in confidence.

I think Vorm is different class to Slow Lloris and should play in the Final.

COYS!

I think he's been watching too much of Townsend laugh.png 8 shots from all angles and not one troubling the keeper sad.png

COYS!

I think he's been watching too much of Townsend laugh.png 8 shots from all angles and not one troubling the keeper sad.png

I have a horrible feeling Kane will get found out. He's very predictable in his head down and whack approach. Still young and learning mind.

As for Townsend, if any perspective buyer sees his stats they will run a mile!! I was kind of hoping we could ship him over to Redknapp and QPR.

Liking the look of Stambouli more with every game. I think this lad has potential.

Edited by carmine

COYS!

I bet you do oldgit!

Luckily Poch doesn't need bifocals yet. :D

COYS!

And astonishingly i think you will get your wish.

COYS!

We got away with Vorm's error's last night, and it's clear that our back 4 will feel less confident

playing the final against Chelsea's attackers with him playing the final.

It's a no brainer for me, and probably most Spurs fans, that Poch has to select Lloris if he wants

to have any chance of winning the final. If he doesn't, and we lose, Poch will have to take the blame

for it.

I noticed that Mourinho played his 2nd choice keeper in all the previous rounds until the semi's

where he dropped Chech and played Courtoius in the 2 legs against Liverpool.

So Mourinho will definately play his strongest side in the final therefore Poch HAS to do the same!

COYS!

I bet you do oldgit!

Luckily Poch doesn't need bifocals yet. biggrin.png

Vorm is a below average 'keeper. Did you see him in his last season at Swansea?. He was diabolical.

COYS!

I have a horrible feeling Kane will get found out. He's very predictable in his head down and whack approach. Still young and learning mind.

As for Townsend, if any perspective buyer sees his stats they will run a mile!! I was kind of hoping we could ship him over to Redknapp and QPR.

Liking the look of Stambouli more with every game. I think this lad has potential.

I don't know Carmine, I think Kane will be a jewel for along time. Big, mobile, has some pace and with a great shot. Sees the pitch well even though he doesn't make the right pass every time. If he's not going to pass it to Eriksen what are his choices ?!biggrin.png

COYS!

We got away with Vorm's error's last night, and it's clear that our back 4 will feel less confident

It's a no brainer for me, and probably most Spurs fans, that Poch has to select Lloris if he wants

to have any chance of winning the final. If he doesn't, and we lose, Poch will have to take the blame

for it.

I noticed that Mourinho played his 2nd choice keeper in all the previous rounds until the semi's

So Mourinho will definately play his strongest side in the final therefore Poch HAS to do the same!

Why play Lloris?

Isn't this just the League Cup, that fans aren't really bothered about when it starts?

COYS!

for it.

Why play Lloris?

Isn't this just the League Cup, that fans aren't really bothered about when it starts?

Maybe they're not that bothered when it starts, although i disagree with that, each competition

has it's order of importance, and the further you progress the more important it becomes.

That's the way it is, like it or not, even the managers see it like that.

Hopefully Poch will see it like that and play Lloris with his best 10 starters.

^^Ossie Ardilles testimonial ,what's so interesting?

It's interesting from a nostalgic point of view that not many teams around the world would have a

photo of Maradona playing in their kit.

Like him or not, one of the best players ever to play the beautiful game!

It's interesting from a nostalgic point of view that not many teams around the world would have a

Dirty drug-taking diving cheat.

I'm retrospectively a fan of the Butcher of Bilbao after his world cup cheating.

And funny as <deleted> when he got thrown out of one as well.

Scum.

How anyone ever dares mention his filthy, shit-stained name in the same breath as Pele is beyond me.

I'm retrospectively a fan of the Butcher of Bilbao after his world cup cheating.

Scum.

How anyone ever dares mention his filthy, shit-stained name in the same breath as Pele is beyond me.

Dear oh dear! :D

• Like 2

Scum.

Dear oh dear! biggrin.png

yeah, the blokes a tool, just look at his next comment the fuckin idiot..

any way looks like adeboys off,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11375003/Tottenham-transfer-news-PSG-open-talks-over-signing-Emmanuel-Adebayor-on-loan-for-the-rest-of-the-season.html

good move for him i would have thought on to arguably a 'bigger' club' and champions league thrown in,,,

Scum.

Just think, if he hadn't done all that coke he might well have been even better!

I'm just going to be honest with myself and say he's without doubt the best player i've ever seen.

• Like 2

He had a stage in his career when nobody could stop him but he is not the best player i have seen,Zidane was better for me and Ronaldo especially since he went to Madrid has been up there....Messi is as good a player as Maradona also.

I suppose it is all about era's and time.... differentiating different footballers in to who is the best is very difficult because everything changes..in his time ie 10 years then maybe? but he will be remembered just as much for his cheating as much as his skills........for instance Romario when he was at Barca and playing for the national tem was the best player in the world but it was for only a few years....then he was as unstoppable as his mate Ronaldo the rabbit.

I could go on but i have work to be gettin on with!..biggrin.png

He had a stage in his career when nobody could stop him but he is not the best player i have seen,Zidane was better for me and Ronaldo especially since he went to Madrid has been up there....Messi is as good a player as Maradona also.

I suppose it is all about era's and time.... differentiating different footballers in to who is the best is very difficult because everything changes..in his time ie 10 years then maybe? but he will be remembered just as much for his cheating as much as his skills........for instance Romario when he was at Barca and playing for the national tem was the best player in the world but it was for only a few years....then he was as unstoppable as his mate Ronaldo the rabbit.

I could go on but i have work to be gettin on with!..biggrin.png

That's strange, you usually only have work to be getting on with after a Loss laugh.png