Tottenham Thread

chonabot

He had a stage in his career when nobody could stop him but he is not the best player i have seen,Zidane was better for me and Ronaldo especially since he went to Madrid has been up there....Messi is as good a player as Maradona also.

I suppose it is all about era's and time.... differentiating different footballers in to who is the best is very difficult because everything changes..in his time ie 10 years then maybe? but he will be remembered just as much for his cheating as much as his skills........for instance Romario when he was at Barca and playing for the national tem was the best player in the world but it was for only a few years....then he was as unstoppable as his mate Ronaldo the rabbit.

I could go on but i have work to be gettin on with!..biggrin.png

That's strange, you usually only have work to be getting on with after a Loss laugh.png

I told you a draw is the same as a loss especially at Cambridge...been busy this week....now stick your head back in the sand meercat.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Anyway, congratulations on a Wemberleee day out.

I wonder how many of our die-hard tiny totts and chelski fans are already making plans to go back for it?

w00t.gif

Not me mate. The last time I was at Wembley was for the final greyhound racing meeting there. The management should have been hung, drawn and quartered.

not good news and tbh i think in this day and age it really shouldn't be happening

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31057054

Well there are two ways of looking at this. First, of course we knew the possibilities of this happening before the season started and each team has a twenty-five man squad to deal with it.

However, this weekend will now be our 39th game i believe which is bordering on the absurd especially bearing in mind our february schedule. We'll be semi knackered by the wembley cup final and probably carrying injuries too.

I wasn't that upset about being knocked out of the FA cup for these reasons but its the Europa thats the real drain with stupid thursday night fixtures in the backwaters of nowhere for a tournament that offers little financial gain.

Will something be done? I doubt it but it really makes me chuckle when Louis van mad man goes on about his fixture build up when he has no european and no capital one ties to deal with!

not good news and tbh i think in this day and age it really shouldn't be happening

That article does have a twist of lies in it regarding Adebayor and Lennon,

i believe Poch does want them to leave, and will only start playing them more

if the club can't sell them in this window.

They will also need to be replaced at the same time due to the fixture congestion,

so time is running out for that to happen.

Maybe the Mirallas in, Lennon out deal could still happen

That article does have a twist of lies in it regarding Adebayor and Lennon,

i believe Poch does want them to leave, and will only start playing them more

if the club can't sell them in this window.

They will also need to be replaced at the same time due to the fixture congestion,

so time is running out for that to happen.

Maybe the Mirallas in, Lennon out deal could still happen

He also said he does not expect any new signings before the transfer deadline.

Pochettino added: "I'm very happy with our squad. It's a strong squad. We are open to improve it, of course, but I believe there won't be many activities before Monday night's deadline."

So if he is saying there won't be many, that at least means there will be some !!

Iv'e still got a funny feeling about Konoplyanka whistling.gif

Well there are two ways of looking at this. First, of course we knew the possibilities of this happening before the season started and each team has a twenty-five man squad to deal with it.

However, this weekend will now be our 39th game i believe which is bordering on the absurd especially bearing in mind our february schedule. We'll be semi knackered by the wembley cup final and probably carrying injuries too.

I wasn't that upset about being knocked out of the FA cup for these reasons but its the Europa thats the real drain with stupid thursday night fixtures in the backwaters of nowhere for a tournament that offers little financial gain.

Will something be done? I doubt it but it really makes me chuckle when Louis van mad man goes on about his fixture build up when he has no european and no capital one ties to deal with!

Not often you hear the tiny totts complaining about fixture congestion.

w00t.gif

Not often you hear the tiny totts complaining about fixture congestion.

w00t.gif

Ah,,,,, wont anyone talk to you about the arse wipe's ,,, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poor poor boy..

Edited by rijit

What a season Eriksen & Kane are having long may it continue!

Good to see Chadli back in the frame too.

Lloris had another blinder with some super saves.

First start of the season for Paulinho, also had a good game as did Dembele

playing further up field assisted in Kane's goal.

Although Mason does make the occasional stray pass, i can see why

Poch rates him so much, his tenacity at closing down and regaining possession

is one of the best in the squad together with Bentaleb.

Still a bit worried with Fazio though, seems to make at least one major error in

every match that could cost us a goal, not sure who's the better partner for Verts,

Fazio or Dier?

What a season Eriksen & Kane are having long may it continue!

Good to see Chadli back in the frame too.

Lloris had another blinder with some super saves.

First start of the season for Paulinho, also had a good game as did Dembele

playing further up field assisted in Kane's goal.

Although Mason does make the occasional stray pass, i can see why

Poch rates him so much, his tenacity at closing down and regaining possession

is one of the best in the squad together with Bentaleb.

Still a bit worried with Fazio though, seems to make at least one major error in

every match that could cost us a goal, not sure who's the better partner for Verts,

Fazio or Dier?

atm faz, he's just back from a lay off i presume injured , he's a lumpy sort of old school solid central defender but covers well for verity' faz b4 this recent lay off was starting to form a decent partnership with verity. next season with dier could be a different story.

Great three points for us. Not many sides will go to Pullis's Albion and win. Eriksen and Kane outstanding with excellent contributions in other areas.

One thing is for sure though is that we'll always need a top keeper because no matter how much we dominate possession and space we always seem to offer our opponents chances and as usual Lloris was at the top of his game.

I do feel that when Bentaleb returns we will be more comfortable holding a lead because we'll keep more ball. Mason runs around a lot with loads of energy and commitment but he doesn't quite cut it for me.

How Paulinho wasn't subbed at half time is a mystery to me. I just don't see what he does that anyone can't do better and surely we would have been better off with more space to snatch a third early on.

North London derby next week and looking in good shape and i just wish Algeria would get knocked out of that sub standard, pain in the butt ACN tournament.

Edited by carmine

Tom Carrol will be turning 23 this year, so next season should be make or break

for his Tottenham career, i hope he can become established in Poch's side as he

has great vision for a defence splitting pass.

Pair him with any of our current def mids and I just think that it will be too lightweight sad.png

Pair him with any of our current def mids and I just think that it will be too lightweight sad.png

It would be a shame to lose him though, cos he has great passing ability and ball retention,

maybe he can be used as a back up no:10 for Eriksen.

Our current team struggles when Eriksen doesn't play as we don't really have another

no10, although Dembele & Paulinho has been used there recently, i think Carrol could play that role well.

Maybe sell Paulinho this summer and replace him with Carrol.

Edited by sotsira

It would be a shame to lose him though, cos he has great passing ability and ball retention,

Our current team struggles when Eriksen doesn't play as we don't really have another

no10, although Dembele & Paulinho has been used there recently, i think Carrol could play that role well.

Hopefully Pritchard is lined up as a future No.10.

15:33

BBC Three Counties' Geoff Doyle: "Tottenham and MK Dons are now finalising the deal which will see highly-rated 18-year-old midfielder Dele Alli move from Milton Keynes to White Hart Lane.

"Alli has scored 12 league goals this season for the League One club. The fee is likely to be around £4m with add-ons plus Alli will be loaned back to Stadium MK for the rest of the season."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/who-is-dele-alli-tottenham-close-to-completing-deal-for-next-steven-gerrard-10018601.html

I like the look of him and has stepped up to the championship well , but can you see him jumping in front of anyone atm? give him another season out on loan, maybe get him in the prem and iif he does well then i reckon potts seriously look at him, unless we handle it a bit better and get him a 'better' loan could he be getting a ' good championship lower league player tag.

I like the look of him and has stepped up to the championship well , but can you see him jumping in front of anyone atm? give him another season out on loan, maybe get him in the prem and iif he does well then i reckon potts seriously look at him, unless we handle it a bit better and get him a 'better' loan could he be getting a ' good championship lower league player tag.

Read what I said !

Read what I said !

yeah and read what i said

Read what I said !

yeah and read what i said

If I could see him jumping in front of anyone atm, I would have said that he is one for now not one for the future whistling.gif

Not enough leaving in my view. Signing a young English player is good news but why the hell did Levy supposedly block Adeboyer's loan to the Spammers - makes absolutely no sense bah.gif

Plenty of rumours concerning Kaboul but nothing happened, and apparently Capoue turned down loan offers....sigh

Oh hang on i've just answered my own question - no one bought/loaned them cos frankly they aren't very good.

Levy annoys me immensely

Not enough leaving in my view. Signing a young English player is good news but why the hell did Levy supposedly block Adeboyer's loan to the Spammers - makes absolutely no sense bah.gif

Levy annoys me immensely

He blocked it cos the tight fisted WHU owners would only pay half of Adebayors wages

with Levy having to pay the other half.

Oh, and he hates WHU and therefore wouldn't want to be paying our player to play for them,

for any other team like QPR or Crystal Palace he was willing to let him go, but Adebayor didn't

want to go to them.

Might aswell say it now since we are on the Tom Carrol subject.

I don't think he is good enough and won't make the grade at Spurs. Not quite enough of everything.

Erik Lamela is also a far more accomplished stand in at no10.

Edited by carmine