Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I don't understand the debate here. Its a final. You play the best side you can field. That means Lloris in goal, end of story.

Vorm's performances in the last two rounds give the manager ample cause to drop him anyway. He's a very good keeper thats clearly low on confidence and throwing into a final could destroy him if he messes up again.

I think Fazio might get the nod over Dier to deal with Costa and Rose will return to left back. The back two will be Bentaleb and Mason. The big question is who plays alongside Eriksen in the attacking three. Frankly, thats anyone guess.

I read Mourinho's bleating on about Spurs players going down too easy and getting opposition players booked. The odious little gobshite just can't help himself can he!!

Why is this cotton, thread is stronger, generating more hits and BS than any other topic on Tha Vi?

Was the same in the pubs, bars and nightclubs I used to run.

Tit fans were the noisiest in them, but real supporters would ask them, who, what, when, where?

Those who wore the shirts with the colours of surrendour and cowardice had no reply.

This is the team i hope to see start tomorrow to give us any chance of winning:-

Lloris

Walker Dier Vertonghen Rose

Bentaleb Mason

Townsend Eriksen Chadli

Kane

subs:- Vorm, Fazio, Dembele, Lamela, Davies, Stambouli, Adebayor

bang on the money sot's,,, just kicked off come on u spurs ,,,

Wouldn't say it was because of no leader Rij, Walker switched off.

Disappointing to say the least. Had a lot of possession but didn't create enough. First half i thought we were the better side. Didn't deserve to go in 1-0 down.

2nd goal killed us.

Young team, experience gained, Good job we have time to recuperate......oh 2 whole days then Swansea at home <deleted> angry.gif.pagespeed.ce.l3zkt7JShRzHMKd9L

damn make that 3 days...but still

Arguably the most important game too!

Agree with the experience for the young players but just shows how naff our older ones are....hopeless..

Plenty good about this squad....just one or two additions needed....well hang on this is Levy...one striker please. blink.png

Disappointing to say the least. Had a lot of possession but didn't create enough. First half i thought we were the better side. Didn't deserve to go in 1-0 down.

2nd goal killed us.

Young team, experience gained, Good job we have time to recuperate......oh 2 whole days then Swansea at home <deleted> angry.gif.pagespeed.ce.l3zkt7JShRzHMKd9L

yeah walker switched of for the second, on defending the free kic, first there was a whole line of the useless &lt;deleted&gt; who did precisely nish,,didn't zonal mark, didnt man to man, did absolutely jac shit, and then let the ball fall to terry, absolute shit defending. either it was there wasnt someone to man up and sort it on the pitch or potts fuced up in preperation and they didnt know what to do for free kics from that area,, either or, take your pic. but what they dd organize for it was basically wrong .

Agree with the experience for the young players but just shows how naff our older ones are....hopeless..

Plenty good about this squad....just one or two additions needed....well hang on this is Levy...one striker please. blink.png

older one's ? there aint any.. is verity the senior outfield pro.?

Selection mistake in picking Dier over Fazio for this one. I really rate Dier but this needed a more physical and experienced player to contain Costa.

Thought Bentaleb was outstanding and puts a very strong case to be our next captain if Lloris leaves. He looks a natural leader and one of our own.

Townsend forever the headless chicken and will never get the better of a top quality defender such as the Chelsea left back who knows to marshall him, stand off a little in the knowledge the final ball will almost certainly be crap. And crap it was too. Chadli never seemed in it either. Looked knackered and off the pace.

Atleast we can focus on the league now which needs our full attention! Personally i'm still very happy with the way its gone this season and the Pochettino transition seems to be going very well. I just hope Levy will allow him to offload the deadwood and get in his style of player to balance up our squad better.

Edited by carmine

Not too disappointed to be fair, controlled large parts of the game without really looking like scoring and Chelsea looked more dangerous in the final third.

No one played really badly and no one had a great game.

Probaly the only difference is that Chelsea had a little bit of luck in the penalty for both goals and Spurs didn't have any ay the other end.

Pleased the way the team were still playing up to the final whistle where in past gone years we would have folded after going two down and probably lost 3 or 4 nil.

2nd goal killed us.

yeah walker switched of for the second, on defending the free kic, first there was a whole line of the useless <deleted> who did precisely nish,,didn't zonal mark, didnt man to man, did absolutely jac shit, and then let the ball fall to terry, absolute shit defending. either it was there wasnt someone to man up and sort it on the pitch or potts fuced up in preperation and they didnt know what to do for free kics from that area,, either or, take your pic. but what they dd organize for it was basically wrong .

Can you explain how / when Walker switched off ? do you know what Zonal marking is ? your talking like Chelsea scored from half a dozen free kicks ! if someone hits a good corner in it's very difficult to defend no matter what system your using, the zonal marking did actually work as the first ball went to a Tottenham player and the second also just that the pace caught them both out and we unfortunate that it fell to Terry when it could have gone anywhere ! anyway speak to mjj as he's an expert on zonal marking laugh.png

Selection mistake in picking Dier over Fazio for this one. I really rate Dier but this needed a more physical and experienced player to contain Costa.

Thought Bentaleb was outstanding and puts a very strong case to be our next captain if Lloris leaves. He looks a natural leader and one of our own.

Townsend forever the headless chicken and will never get the better of a top quality defender such as the Chelsea left back who knows to marshall him, stand off a little in the knowledge the final ball will almost certainly be crap. And crap it was too. Chadli never seemed in it either. Looked knackered and off the pace.

Atleast we can focus on the league now which needs our full attention! Personally i'm still very happy with the way its gone this season and the Pochettino transition seems to be going very well. I just hope Levy will allow him to offload the deadwood and get in his style of player to balance up our squad better.

Don't really agree carms thought Dier did contain him, restricted him to 1 shot and 1 dribble ! on the website I looked at he got the lowest marks of the starting eleven.

older one's ? there aint any.. is verity the senior outfield pro.?

Exactly my point rij....they are crap and not even worth a place on the bench.

Get rid of them all in the summer with their astronomical wages and get in players who are eager to play and win things!

yeah smokes is right we need a striker ,,, badly. berihino of wb please... class act waiting to explode.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We need to be able to but on two real goal threats to give defenders trouble....Kane can't do it all himself!

Edit: To talk about our other strikers but let's not beat a dead horse...or two...no &lt;deleted&gt; it let's beat them till they bleed.

Edited by smokie36

2nd goal killed us.

yeah walker switched of for the second, on defending the free kic, first there was a whole line of the useless <deleted> who did precisely nish,,didn't zonal mark, didnt man to man, did absolutely jac shit, and then let the ball fall to terry, absolute shit defending. either it was there wasnt someone to man up and sort it on the pitch or potts fuced up in preperation and they didnt know what to do for free kics from that area,, either or, take your pic. but what they dd organize for it was basically wrong .

Can you explain how / when Walker switched off ? do you know what Zonal marking is ? your talking like Chelsea scored from half a dozen free kicks ! if someone hits a good corner in it's very difficult to defend no matter what system your using, the zonal marking did actually work as the first ball went to a Tottenham player and the second also just that the pace caught them both out and we unfortunate that it fell to Terry when it could have gone anywhere ! anyway speak to mjj as he's an expert on zonal marking laugh.png

for the second just a s the .ball was played thru walker was 2 ish yards deeper than the rest of our bac line if he had stepped up with the line costa would have either been offside or had to step further away from goal and easier to deal and probably not a threat.

As for the free kic our defenders just stood in a straight line neither covering a zone or man marked, if we had man marked like we do on corners the goal probably wouldnt have happened.

Edited by rijit

2nd goal killed us.

for the second just a s the .ball was played thru walker was 2 ish yards deeper than the rest of our bac line if he had stepped up with the line costa would have either been offside or had to step further away from goal and easier to deal and probably not a threat.

As for the free kic our defenders just stood in a straight line neither covering a zone or man marked, if we had man marked like we do on corners the goal probably wouldnt have happened.

Of course they were covering a zone, the zone across the front of the 6 yard box !

• Like 1

2nd goal killed us.

Oi!

2nd goal killed us.

Of course they were covering a zone, the zone across the front of the 6 yard box !

:D:D:D

Edited by rijit

Not too disappointed to be fair, controlled large parts of the game without really looking like scoring and Chelsea looked more dangerous in the final third.

No one played really badly and no one had a great game.

Probaly the only difference is that Chelsea had a little bit of luck in the penalty for both goals and Spurs didn't have any ay the other end.

Pleased the way the team were still playing up to the final whistle where in past gone years we would have folded after going two down and probably lost 3 or 4 nil.

Happy not have lost 3 or 4 nil...that's the spirit clap2.gif

• Like 1

You must have been a bit disappointed to see so many of your loyal "fans" grumbling their way down Wembley way even as the team, who I thought put a good shift in, went to get their medals.

I'm sure the players are grateful for the support.

blink.png