Tottenham Thread

chonabot

You must have been a bit disappointed to see so many of your loyal "fans" grumbling their way down Wembley way even as the team, who I thought put a good shift in, went to get their medals.

I'm sure the players are grateful for the support.

blink.png

Not really surprised to lose to a team assembled at a cost of half a billion quid Chicoq....always disappointing to lose a final....but at least we weren't 1-0 up with quarter of an hour remaining!

Atleast we can focus on the league now which needs our full attention! Personally i'm still very happy with the way its gone this season and the Pochettino transition seems to be going very well. I just hope Levy will allow him to offload the deadwood and get in his style of player to balance up our squad better.

Well said. Need to look forward to Swansea now. I am still totally gutted. Let's hope Levy is taking stock of the situation and ready to support Poch over the Summer.

To add to the debate, I just thought the two goals had elements of good fortune, and we were unfortunate. Yeah we cocked up on the unmarked affair. The Chavs did a good job at containing Harry; he got very little service. The Special one got it right. At the end of the day there was very little in it; they stymied our ability to score, and they got lucky. Gutted for our young boys. Tomorrow night will define the rest of our seasons. COYS

• Like 1

RIP one of the best, a man of the people, hard as nails and a man who protected his ball playing team mates in a sometimes brutal era.

beautiful on the ball with vision to match

brian clough, saw all of this and he helped turn a battling midlands club into a power.

a absolute legend

• Like 1

This is the team i hope to see start tomorrow to give us any chance of winning:-

Lloris

Walker Dier Vertonghen Rose

Bentaleb Mason

Townsend Eriksen Chadli

Kane

subs:- Vorm, Fazio, Dembele, Lamela, Davies, Stambouli, Adebayor

bang on the money sot's,,, just kicked off come on u spurs ,,,

It seems that Poch may have found his best starting 11.

He started with them twice in 3 days, in the final, and again last night

against Swansea.

One positive from last night's match is that we scored 3 goals without

Eriksen & Kane scoring which is a good sign, and takes the

pressure of reliance off them.

Sorry its me to put a damper on things but why is it we still look so vulnerable holding lead to the point of always looking like conceding. If anything we look more solid away from home.

Agree with all the positive points made but our defense is still piss poor. What on earth was Davies doing leaving Sigurrdsson so open at the far post? I think Pochettino needs to show them videos of Chelsea if they are so determined to sit deep defending a lead because we look schoolboy bad when we try.

We were cruising that match and ended up holding on for dear life and it was only thanks to Lloris that we didn't fluff a game we had dominated for the best part of eighty minutes.

Unless our defending improves a top four place is beyond us.

Edited by carmine

Agree, when Swansea scored their second we went in to panic mode

for the last 7-8 mins.

It's been like that nearly all season, but you can see that they are trying

to do the right things to close out the games by keeping possession, but not

very well.

I put it down to psychological and inexperience together with the added pressure

of playing in front of the home crowd, we do play more freely in away games.

yes messrs carmine, soti, the side still seem to have some mental deficiencies when defending a lead.

soldado cops more flack than guy gibson, but his header was superb.

bentaleab is a talent, he has so much to learn, but he is one too keep for the clubs future.

i noticed at times lloris when ground kicking long aimed at danny rose, i know hugo is a leftie and putting it there is a neutral result only.

top four i dont think so, unless we sort it out defensively and results go our way

dont know if it was taking last nights win into account but was said we're 6 points worse of than the same time last season, our defense barring hugo atm is turning into a nightmare but the teams easy on the eye going forward and has a great spirit about it, but top 4? atm cant see it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

dont know if it was taking last nights win into account but was said we're 6 points worse of than the same time last season, our defense barring hugo atm is turning into a nightmare but the teams easy on the eye going forward and has a great spirit about it, but top 4? atm cant see it.

I've stopped concerning about that and just enjoying watching this team....barring those defensive errors of course!

• Like 1

I've stopped concerning about that and just enjoying watching this team....barring those defensive errors of course!

To be far, anything above 6th is a bonus smile.png

• Like 1

Your internal clock is set for Thurs and Sun biggrin.png

• Like 1

think your bang on the money there alfie

And even 6th is punching well above our weight if you look at where we are in the net spend league !

• Like 1

And even 6th is punching well above our weight if you look at where we are in the net spend league !

And you definitely are atop of the "Spunked a 100 million on Sh-ite league for 2013/14 " did you get a trophy for that? smile.png

And you definitely are atop of the "Spunked a 100 million on Sh-ite league for 2013/14 " did you get a trophy for that? smile.png

yeah yeah yeah,it could be argued that the transfers set the benchmark and upped the anti for our academy and they stepped up. unlike you we've produced the core of our team, now toodle bac of to where u come from,, or dont you like it up there?, tbh i cant say i blame you w00t.gif .

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1