Tottenham Thread

chonabot

There were 3 spurs players marking 3 Leicester players although not close enough, watch it again ! I fail to see how that is down to Pochs tactics !

yeah get your point alfie, but wether we agree with it or not it comes down to him cos he pics the players,, and ultimatly they keep f''.cin up, he aint new to footie, he has

to b aware it could well cost him his job

and i know i keep harping on about it but if pullis with BULK AVERAGE players not england or rated internatiols can repeatedly sort teams defences out why the f cant potts?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Of course Pulis teams are going to concede less goals because he sets then to be ultra defensive and that's why they don't score many either, in the period since he joined they have still conceded more than they scored so it's not like its all one way ! which probably works fine if your main aim is to avoid relegation not if your trying to get In the top 6 !

When Pulis was the coach at Palace, he didn't strike me as being ultra defensive there. It depends on what ammunition you have at your disposal. I don't know about you lads but I think he's got zero options at West Brom with the dross he's got there.

I wasn't having a pop at Pulis ! just saying why his team doesn't concede many goals.

Slight correction for:

Goal B. The Spurs defence wasn't marking him in the first place,

they were marking space but not the Leicester player, hence why he

had a free header on goal.

These are tactics deployed by Poch.

There were 3 spurs players marking 3 Leicester players although not close enough, watch it again ! I fail to see how that is down to Pochs tactics !

yeah get your point alfie, but wether we agree with it or not it comes down to him cos he pics the players,, and ultimatly they keep f''.cin up, he aint new to footie, he has

to b aware it could well cost him his job

and i know i keep harping on about it but if pullis with BULK AVERAGE players not england or rated internatiols can repeatedly sort teams defences out why the f cant potts?

Of course Pulis teams are going to concede less goals because he sets then to be ultra defensive and that's why they don't score many either, in the period since he joined they have still conceded more than they scored so it's not like its all one way ! which probably works fine if your main aim is to avoid relegation not if your trying to get In the top 6 !

When Pulis was the coach at Palace, he didn't strike me as being ultra defensive there. It depends on what ammunition you have at your disposal. I don't know about you lads but I think he's got zero options at West Brom with the dross he's got there.

yeah oldy where ever he gone , seems the first thing he's had to do is organize his defense properly, and as alfie points out he does it quite well

it's very much a skill set that can and is taught and pullis is good at it , dont necessarily mean teams with well drilled defenses arent attack minded. however we're -(I'M) starting to think that our coach aint to good at sorting defenses,personal mistakes yeah, but 2 me this is starting to look a bit worse than that but i',m double hapi to be proved wrong cos there's plenty to like about his team.

dont think he's hit the bale /ronaldo market value yet,,!! lets see how his second season in the first team pans out..

i guess we will see in the summer...

dont think he's hit the bale /ronaldo market value yet,,!! lets see how his second season in the first team pans out..

I can see both Kane and Sterling going to RM in the summer Bob sad.png

Yes Kane for ยฃ70m and Sterling on a free. :D

• Like 1

It certainly looks like it from our side. If they both leave at this stage of their careers it is a big gamble for them. They both have time to earn their spot at RM, but they haven't yet and it would be a shame to see them slide away, or get cast aside when they could develop in their already successful environment at home. Sterling has been offered 100K, 3 times his current salary, he wants 150K. I don't know whether he really wants that money or it is the move away. I'd hope it is the lure of RM rather than money and he comes out and says that in the end. He is not that endeared to the fans on a personal level, he is playing a fine line game at the moment.

To be honest i would not like to see Kane leave either, i like watching him play football in our league. Not sure i would watching La Liga.

Kane has done well this season but IMO he's not Real Madrid standard yet.......maybe another season of doing the business. I think Sterling will go to another PL club, maybe Man City?

Kane has done well this season but IMO he's not Real Madrid standard yet.......maybe another season of doing the business. I think Sterling will go to another PL club, maybe Man City?

Neither of them are ready.

I think Arsenal might have a better chance with Sterling, he go can doss at his mams. I'd hope FSG send Wenger an ounce of weed in reply to any expected derisory offer.

Yes Kane for ยฃ70m and Sterling on a free. biggrin.png

I'de have sterling being more ready for a move than kane, if just that he's been the stand out for Liverpool and arguably England for nearly 2 ish seasons but with him not quite so sure bout the free,maybe a couple of mill compensation, its all pretty much set in stone for u 23's biggrin.png him not agreeing a contract and champions lge being in question has to raise doubts on him staying,,,

Edited by rijit

It certainly looks like it from our side. If they both leave at this stage of their careers it is a big gamble for them. They both have time to earn their spot at RM, but they haven't yet and it would be a shame to see them slide away, or get cast aside when they could develop in their already successful environment at home. Sterling has been offered 100K, 3 times his current salary, he wants 150K. I don't know whether he really wants that money or it is the move away. I'd hope it is the lure of RM rather than money and he comes out and says that in the end. He is not that endeared to the fans on a personal level, he is playing a fine line game at the moment.

To be honest i would not like to see Kane leave either, i like watching him play football in our league. Not sure i would watching La Liga.

Bob, Kane's going nowhere for a good few years, don't worry about that biggrin.png

• Like 1

Bob, Kane's going nowhere for a good few years, don't worry about that biggrin.png

phew biggrin.png

Just seem on my Twitter feed a guy recommending a 433 away to Burnley which of course is a must win for us as i haven't yet given up hope for forth, no matter how naive that sounds!!

Anyway here it is and i rather like the look of it. Its a side that can go there and win this.

Lloris

Walker Dier Vertonghen Rose

Stambouli Bentaleb Mason

Lamela Kane Eriksen.

I'd definitely give this one a go.

Just seem on my Twitter feed a guy recommending a 433 away to Burnley which of course is a must win for us as i haven't yet given up hope for forth, no matter how naive that sounds!!

Anyway here it is and i rather like the look of it. Its a side that can go there and win this.

Lloris

Walker Dier Vertonghen Rose

Stambouli Bentaleb Mason

Lamela Kane Eriksen.

I'd definitely give this one a go.

But he doesn't seem to fancy Stambouli so it would probably be Paulinho if he played that formation plus the OTP for Lamela being as he should have a bit of confidence now !

I'm alright with Paulinho as long as he puts in a shift which that role requires.

Have to say of all the incomings post Bale its Paulinho and his form that irritated me the most.

We need to win this or the players heads will drop. Win and we can keep the pressure on Utd/Liverpool. As opposed to what Rodgers says Liverpool are still in it and lets face it Rodgers comes out frequently with a lot of old crap!!

Burnley will be a tough and physical encounter, especially with their predicament

fighting relegation.

My concern is whether players such as Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Vertonghen and Townsend will

have enough fight in their game to overcome Burnley, lets hope so.

Well Townsend will be off inside the first 45 if he doesn't track back but i wouldn't pick him anyway. Neither would i Chadli. Pamela does do his bit though.

I'm really hoping for a 433 and these plenty of fight in that side. We know what were going to get at Burnley don't we.

At the end of the day if you are genuine top four challengers you have to srap out and win these. If we don't at the very least give 100% we don't deserve it anyway.

We'll see....I'm hoping to see the team that fights tooth and nail for everything.....and a bit of craft from someone....even a goal from Townsend...don't waste them on England! biggrin.png

Talking of tooth and nails - big coincidence there - I was seriously thinking of going and cutting my toenails and brushing my teeth, rather than suffer another half of football like that.

Are Spurs in 'let's avoid Thursday football' mode?

I'll give the second half ten minutes and hope the barcode derby has a bit more emotion and ability.

sad.png