Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Change of rules for Europa League qaulification.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32358581

To be fair if Spurs used qualifying to their advantage then it wouldn't too bad, I.E Never play the main squad of 18, that way the other players in the 25 get match practice and the youngsters all get good experience, can also have it managed by the Under 21 coach.

Footnote : It will never happen by the way sad.png

Change of rules for Europa League qaulification.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32358581

To be fair if Spurs used qualifying to their advantage then it wouldn't too bad, I.E Never play the main squad of 18, that way the other players in the 25 get match practice and the youngsters all get good experience, can also have it managed by the Under 21 coach.

Footnote : It will never happen by the way sad.png

It's a win-win!

Thursday is Spursday!

cheesy.gif

If Arsenal win the FA Cup, or Liverpool do so and finish in the top six, the last Europa League spot will go to the team seventh in the Premier League, currently Tottenham.

Still think Kane, Eriksen, Bentaleb & Mason should be given the rest of the season off

and get some well earned rest.

Play Stambouli, Dembele, Paulinho and Soldado for the remaining six matches and see

if their worth keeping or selling this summer. They may even attract some buyers if they play well.

If we play Paulinho and Soldado for the remainder of the season we'll never get anyone to buy them laugh.png

Well Paulinho proved his worth today and got MOM, Lamela though, was dreadful, worst

player in a Tottenham shirt, problem is, Townsend is just as bad, and our little Arron Lennon

is playing out of his skin over at Everton, just makes me wonder where we would be if he was playing for us this season?

Maybe challenging for 4th instead of Europa League?

Good win yesterday but, let's face it, a local girl guides team could beat Newcastle at the moment.

Never known such a silence from their fans....and Krul looks to me like his bags are packed already.

Real shame for the Geordies.

Paulinho was good...and so was Kane I thought....looked sharp all afternoon.

Good win yesterday but, let's face it, a local girl guides team could beat Newcastle at the moment.

Never known such a silence from their fans....and Krul looks to me like his bags are packed already.

I see Lamentable isn't rushing to put himself in the shop window.

facepalm.gif

I see Lamentable isn't rushing to put himself in the shop window.

facepalm.gif

Yes he was atrocious. Oh well.....see what the manager decides to do with him in the summer.

Although that is more likely to be dictated from the boardroom...he'll stay likely.

Still think Kane, Eriksen, Bentaleb & Mason should be given the rest of the season off

Play Stambouli, Dembele, Paulinho and Soldado for the remaining six matches and see

if their worth keeping or selling this summer. They may even attract some buyers if they play well.

If we play Paulinho and Soldado for the remainder of the season we'll never get anyone to buy them laugh.png

Well Paulinho proved his worth today and got MOM, Lamela though, was dreadful, worst

player in a Tottenham shirt, problem is, Townsend is just as bad, and our little Arron Lennon

is playing out of his skin over at Everton, just makes me wonder where we would be if he was playing for us this season?

What is he doing for you to describe him as playing out of his skin ?

Lennon's scoring goals and creating assists, what more could you ask of him?

He's doing what Lamela and Townsend wish they could be doing at Spurs.

This season,both of them have been the biggest disappointment considering one

of them is always in the starting eleven it could well have been the difference between

finishing 6th or 4th if they performed better.

of them is always in the starting eleven it could well have been the difference between

Well his stats say different, in 8 games, he has 0 assists.

Well his stats say different, in 8 games, he has 0 assists.

That's cos you don't get an assist stat unless your the last player to make the pass before a goal is scored, looking at stats Alfie don't give the full picture, Lennon won a penalty the other week, he also created an assist that led to a goal, he's also scored 2 in 8.

Either way my point is this, Lennon is by far playing better football than either of our two

current flops in Lamela and Townsend who are more of a hinderance to the team than anything else. That's why i feel we shot ourselves in the foot by constantly having to rely on them.

Either way my point is this, Lennon is by far playing better football than either of our two

current flops in Lamela and Townsend who are more of a hinderance to the team than anything else. That's why i feel we shot ourselves in the foot by constantly having to rely on them.

So you're counting "creating an assist" now?

Technically every goal kick is one of those innit?

w00t.gif

w00t.gif

Every pass that leads to a goal is equally as important, that's why stats don't

give a fair and truthful picture, and yes that includes a goal kick if it leads to a goal.

Why should the last pass before the goal scorer scores count more than the passes

made before hand ? Doesn't make sense.

w00t.gif

give a fair and truthful picture, and yes that includes a goal kick if it leads to a goal.

Why should the last pass before the goal scorer scores count more than the passes

erm, because it very often literally creates the goal?

gary neville used to have a 95% pass completion rate because all he did was play 5 yard passes to david beckham's feet. beckham then put in an undefendable cross from which someone scored a goal. did that make neville's contribution to the goal as important as beckham's?

w00t.gif

erm, because it very often literally creates the goal?

gary neville used to have a 95% pass completion rate because all he did was play 5 yard passes to david beckham's feet. beckham then put in an undefendable cross from which someone scored a goal. did that make neville's contribution to the goal as important as beckham's?

Erm, yes because if Neville didn't pass the ball to Beckham, he wouldn't have been able to make the cross for the goal to happen.

What if Beckham delivered the undefendable cross which then Rooney heads across for

Van Nistelroy to tap in from close range in to an empty net.

Rooney gets an assist to his name and Beckham gets zilch.

Is Beckham's contribution less important?

Edited by sotsira

all speculative and it'll all bee down to the players contracts cant see adeboy leaving with 12 mnths to run and soldado will be on large dollars, kaboul i believe signed a deal when he looked up there with the best.c/ds in the prem post injury he s struggled. paulhino still looks semi decent to me dont waste possecion as much as mason but we will see.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And so we should. Theres four places required in the squad next season for academy players coming through and theres currently deadwood that will never be in our managers plans. Wicks, Onomah to name but two. Probably Pritchard.

This is the season when he can actually have his own chosen squad of players and not someone else.

Can't see Lloris staying but a player of his ability should have regular CL football in a competitive team that can win big silverware. Vorm was shrewd business and covers us nicely. He seems to have settled now and looks solid.

However don't get excited about signing him mate because that obviously counts you lot out!!w00t.gif

• Like 1

And so we should. Theres four places required in the squad next season for academy players coming through and theres currently deadwood that will never be in our managers plans. Wicks, Onomah to name but two. Probably Pritchard.

This is the season when he can actually have his own chosen squad of players and not someone else.

Can't see Lloris staying but a player of his ability should have regular CL football in a competitive team that can win big silverware. Vorm was shrewd business and covers us nicely. He seems to have settled now and looks solid.

However don't get excited about signing him mate because that obviously counts you lot out!!w00t.gif

I'm happy with Ospina mate. But I suppose "Slow" Lloris would be a better backup keeper than Chezza.

wink.png

I'm happy with Ospina mate. But I suppose "Slow" Lloris would be a better backup keeper than Chezza.

wink.png

Perhaps you could tempt Hugo with all your "getting in the top four" silverware? laugh.png

wink.png

Perhaps you could tempt Hugo with all your "getting in the top four" silverware? laugh.png

Perhaps we could tempt him with *any* silverware. I mean, there's always the cup if he isn't bother about getting near the title eh?

whistling.gif

I think he'll stay now he's got his league cup runners up medal though.

w00t.gif

Edited by Chicog

To be fair mate Arsenal don't really have anything to offer him other than playing in a morgue infront of fickle passionless fans, the odd chance of a domestic cup, and added to that he doesn't seem to do selfies (something that one should have grown out of by the age of fifteen) like those fruits that play for you lot do. biggrin.png

Oops but i digress. Put simply, he wants to join a big club that can realistically win the CL.

Edited by carmine

To be fair mate Arsenal don't really have anything to offer him other than playing in a morgue infront of fickle passionless fans, the odd chance of a domestic cup, and added to that he doesn't seem to do selfies (something that one should have grown out of by the age of fifteen) like those fruits that play for you lot do. biggrin.png

Oops but i digress. Put simply, he wants to join a big club that can realistically win the CL.

rules

rules your mob out then:p

Edited by rijit

Most people who play for small clubs want to play for big clubs carmine.

w00t.gif

rules

Are you finally admitting you're a gooner rij?

• Like 2

Sorry carms, but why <deleted> did he join Tottenham then ?

. Edited by tigerfish

rules

Are you finally admitting you're a gooner rij?

God forbid.

• Like 1