Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Don't know what happened there but the Poxy alarm clock didn't go off sad.png ended up waking up for the last half an hour, have to watch the first 60 mins later.

Anyway, it seems to me lately that playing any of the squad players doesn't really weaken us significantly if at all, a real nice position to be in.

Leicester never showed up. Tinker man has decided these duty little English cup tournaments are low priority. Probably right as his reputation is going to take a leap if he can secure top 4 and nobody remembers who got knocked out in the later stages of the FA cup. Nice to see Pochetino going for everything he can. [still in UK and the match was on Beeb 1. Shame the first half must have had most neutrals switching over to Corrie!]

Surprisingly routine win. Good rotation by Poch and excellent performance by Son.

Still think we need a back up striker. Shane Long looks an obvious choice to me.

Yeah not a bad shout don't think poch will sign him but for me i always liked long, imo never recieves enuf credit and probably not worked to his benefit he's effective off the bench.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Surprisingly routine win. Good rotation by Poch and excellent performance by Son.

Still think we need a back up striker. Shane Long looks an obvious choice to me.

Yeah not a bad shout don't think poch will sign him but for me i always liked long, imo never recieves enuf credit and probably not worked to his benefit he's effective off the bench.

I read something yesterday saying that Pochettino is going to use a couple of youngsters from the academy as back up for Kane. I suppose we'll have to trust his judgement.

I read something yesterday saying that Pochettino is going to use a couple of youngsters from the academy as back up for Kane. I suppose we'll have to trust his judgement.

I read something along them lines but I don't believe that for one minute carms, just a bit of spin in case we don't sign anyone.

I think the one most likely to come is Dembele but i'm not even sure that he is ready for the Premiership sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

I read something along them lines but I don't believe that for one minute carms, just a bit of spin in case we don't sign anyone.

I think the one most likely to come is Dembele but i'm not even sure that he is ready for the Premiership sad.png

That's fine he can sit on the bench until he gets ready. :D

Struggling to understand how we are i-0 down. Kane really should have pulled the ball back for Dier, who was unmarked on the six yard line.

Rose looks a worry against Zaha who clearly thinks he has the better of him.

No reason to panic....yet!

is this is our best team since Birkenshaws mob , better than el tel's travelling circus? and a touch more bac up up front and it'll be better equipped to go for the prem than ari's squad?

Edited by rijit

verity out <deleted>,,no defo time yet??? could be a long one fingers xd its not, out,,, who's gonna take over? wimmer i suppose,,, aint seen him so,,,,famous fingers xd ,,,,nah in poch we'll trust i reckon.

Most of you are probably too young to remember. I know I am.

Former Tottenham defender Peter Baker, part of the club's legendary Double-winning side of 1961, has died aged 84.

Born in Hampstead, London, in 1931, Baker joined Spurs in 1952 and went on to make 299 league appearances for the North London club, scoring three times.

EH_Dec_BB_action.jpg?n=1991

http://www.espnfc.com/tottenham-hotspur/story/2794964/former-tottenham-defender-peter-baker-dies

Someone called Nobby will be along in a minute to tell us he never missed a game, used to drink 20 pints of stout and get a bag of chips and still have enough left from a shilling for the bus home.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Someone said in one of the threads that academies are there to either produce players for the first team squad or produce players to sell on, well we seem to be the bee's knees at doing both, Townsend's 12m makes it 28m GBP we've made in the last 2 seasons from academy players, add in the value of Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Onomah, Carroll and Pritchard then it looks like it's happy days biggrin.png

• Like 1

Someone said in one of the threads that academies are there to either produce players for the first team squad or produce players to sell on, well we seem to be the bee's knees at doing both, Townsend's 12m makes it 28m GBP we've made in the last 2 seasons from academy players, add in the value of Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Onomah, Carroll and Pritchard then it looks like it's happy days biggrin.png

12m for a player surplus to requirements is great business.

I wonder if we will reinvest it in a player before the window closes?

Only if Pochettino can get exactly the kind of player he wants. He's not the type to be hungering for Balotelli.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Only if Pochettino can get exactly the kind of player he wants. He's not the type to be hungering for Balotelli.thumbsup.gif

In Poch we certainly trust at this point....hopefully he has his eye on a striker as cover.

Any news on verity?

And 12 mill for andros,, decent enuf

wish the guy well always sad to see one of our own go, but it was time,, sure he'll do well as a.straight 4 ward Winger, just not pochs style.

Still reckon we should sign berihino,<deleted> pullis didn't want andros i'll never know100% suited his style.

Any news on verity?

wish the guy well always sad to see one of our own go, but it was time,, sure he'll do well as a.straight 4 ward Winger, just not pochs style.

Still reckon we should sign berihino,<deleted> pullis didn't want andros i'll never know100% suited his style.

I think the Baggies chairman, Pierce, is acting like a prick over Berahino. The lad doesn

t want to stay, so let him go. Plus he's now a dwindling asset.

JW is out for a minimum of three weeks and at worse two months pending on the severity of injury. I presume we'll line up with Wimmer who looks quite solid although i've not seen too much of him. However, if we lose Alderweirald were deep in it!

Yeah verify is a blow according to the papers spurs are hopeful he'll return for mar 5 v the arsewipes. As for berihino , yep the wb chairman by not selling when the manager wanted has probably cost the club could be as much as 10 million and almost certainly damaged berihinos chances of 'stepping Up ' a level ain't quite the 'clamour' for him there was last window .

Any news on verity?

I think the Baggies chairman, Pierce, is acting like a prick over Berahino. The lad doesn

t want to stay, so let him go. Plus he's now a dwindling asset.

JW is out for a minimum of three weeks and at worse two months pending on the severity of injury. I presume we'll line up with Wimmer who looks quite solid although i've not seen too much of him. However, if we lose Alderweirald were deep in it!

The crazy thing is that Berahino only has 18 months left on his contract so even if he starts playing and scores a few goals his value is still going to go down !!