Tottenham Thread

chonabot

as easy a win I've seen us have in the prem for ??? seasons. kane improves with every game. he really is turning into a top top center forward. a couple of years he's gonna be up there with the likes of kempes,batistuta ibrovic

and ali aint far behind him , he really reminds me of a young Rivaldo. IMO plenty to come from this squad. Hapi days

easy win, done and dusted by half time really. Most importantly, Wimmer looks the part so we might not miss Vertonghen as badly as we first thought, however the transfer window debacle ensures we will be sweeting on Kane fitness every game!

Watford next, and i wonder whether Pochettino will again revert to three at the back as he did for the first time at Vicarage Rd earlier in the season?

haven't checked but by memory our next four league games are Watford(H), City(A), WHU(H) Swansea(H) so a good opportunity to put more pressure on our main rivals.

For me the biggest and more impressive improvement in this side under Poch is the mental strength. its unrecognizable to any Spurs side i've ever seen. We never look scared and never look like cracking. Good to see, and i can't wait to play City.

• Like 1

Yep, looking like it's nailed on for a top 6 place now ! thought it was the best all round performance iv'e seen from H and Wimmer looked a mirror image of Vertonghen, even as far as committing scrappy fouls like him biggrin.png.

Footnote : Our net spend over the last 5 years has now decreased to £53.2m in the black, that's £366.7m less than Moneyhad, £216.5m less than the dippers and £157.2m less than the goons rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Josh Onomah he's done nothing wrong and i know he's only cone on as a sub , but i've not actually seem him do much, am i being to harsh. in poch we trust but atm I am struggling to see the value of this particular young one.

Josh Onomah he's done nothing wrong and i know he's only cone on as a sub , but i've not actually seem him do much, am i being to harsh. in poch we trust but atm I am struggling to see the value of this particular young one.

Think Poch is just getting him used to the climate of the premier league. Ten minutes here, ten minutes there, he hasn't really had time to impose himself on anything yet.

All i know is Poch really rates the lad so i have to go along with his judgement and wait for something special to happen!

Right now i just love the way this squad has totally bought into the managers philosophy and the team spirit is apparently fantastic. Work hard or get sold. everybody on the pitch working for each other. never say die attitude. Its not something i've seen in a Tottenham squad in forty years.

Right now i'm just enjoying the ride, on the back of a manager thats doing a remarkable job.

• Like 2

Can't really see your point rij, or are you saying that we shouldn't sign young players on long term contracts until they've proved themselves in the first team ?

My point is alfie is, bottom line from what I've seen of him imo he ain't up to being in the first team. But as said b4 in poch we will trust.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

My point is alfie is, bottom line from what I've seen of him imo he ain't up to being in the first team. But as said b4 in poch we will trust.

Just because he signs a new contract doesn't mean that he is up for being in the first team and i don't recall anyone saying that he is up for being in the first team !

Edited by alfieconn

Refreshingly honest bit of talking from our man poch.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tottenham-hotspur-less-money-for-signings-as-we-build-stadium-says-mauricio-pochettino-a6854646.html

Yes that sums it up perfectly although we have to hope Kane stays injury free.

Let's see..

my 'wish'...lol

MC to do us 1/2 favor - draw with Leicester - both will be pegged back...

and Bournemouth to do us a good favor -- draw with ARSEnal ...drop points

and we will be 2nd by goal difference with win over Watford

Let's see..

my 'wish'...lol

MC to do us 1/2 favor - draw with Leicester - both will be pegged back...

and Bournemouth to do us a good favor -- draw with ARSEnal ...drop points

and we will be 2nd by goal difference with win over Watford

I'm more interested at this point in seeing Man Utd lose a few games from that perspective.

More than that its great to see our team creating and scoring goals freely.

Long may it continue!

Anyone notice we no longer panic when defending a one goal lead! The transformation in the defense is unbelievable. Simmer looks the part and for one so young that bodes very well. Alderweirald outstanding as per usual and both Davies and Trippier showing real attacking flair.

Once he'd stopped giving away stupid free kicks Dier mopped up well allowing Dembele to carry the ball further forward and although i welcomed Alli getting a first half rest his impact once on was immediate.

Looking forward to next sunday followed by Swansea at home the following league game

^ think most of us on here are 'lifers' and seen it all b4 and forgetting the lengthy following look what's v recently happened to Liverpool up there challenging one min and not the next, so best just be hapi with todays result

and wori bout the end of the season when it arrives.

You guys seem to keep downplaying your form/position. Why can't you or Leicester go on an win it. Take a look at the Lost games column of the table, it's usually a good indicator of which teams finish where in the season.

They're just being realistic is all.

biggrin.png

You guys seem to keep downplaying your form/position. Why can't you or Leicester go on an win it. Take a look at the Lost games column of the table, it's usually a good indicator of which teams finish where in the season.

biggrin.png

Says one of the bridesmaids!!!!

biggrin.png

Says one of the bridesmaids!!!!

And you were doing so well.....

Link

biggrin.png

Imo piss poor match report. And it ain't anything to do with what he's said but it is quite interesting http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/07/tottenham-hotspur-animal-watford-quique-sanchez-flores but i rate the watford manager

Edited by rijit