Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Guardian reporting your Argie boss is off to that outpost of Manchester, Old Trafford. Can you see it happening?

I read it and what a truly appalling piece of "journalism" it was. just spanks of the usual making uo a story because they have nothing else to put to print.

I speculate, as the Guardian clearly is that Mourinho will go to OT and Simeone will slither into Stamford Bridge.

Guardian reporting your Argie boss is off to that outpost of Manchester, Old Trafford. Can you see it happening?

There are some jobs you don't turn down.

You mean Real Madid and Barca, right!!

Valencia

Good to have you back MrEd

I think the current reality is that the Glaziers, being slaves to your revenues will plump for Mourinho. He's won this that and the other and will be told to keep his trap shut and get on with it.

The second reality is that you wouldn't i believe look very attractive to Pochettino. We are i'm sure you would agree already a much better side than you are and he has a funnel of superb young talent coming through the best academy, facilities wise in the country. He has the youngest squad fully bought into his philosophy and a wonderful team spirit. He can oversee the changeover to a new state of the art stadium in three years and enjoy the benefits of vastly increased revenues if he so wants.

Put bluntly, your living in the past to a certain degree. Your owners are not football people they are ruthless franchise owners. No CL next season almost certainly. I think the OT job is one that is currently surprisingly easy to turn down, pending on a potential managers current situation.

• Like 1

Good to have you back MrEd

I think the current reality is that the Glaziers, being slaves to your revenues will plump for Mourinho. He's won this that and the other and will be told to keep his trap shut and get on with it.

The second reality is that you wouldn't i believe look very attractive to Pochettino. We are i'm sure you would agree already a much better side than you are and he has a funnel of superb young talent coming through the best academy, facilities wise in the country. He has the youngest squad fully bought into his philosophy and a wonderful team spirit. He can oversee the changeover to a new state of the art stadium in three years and enjoy the benefits of vastly increased revenues if he so wants.

Put bluntly, your living in the past to a certain degree. Your owners are not football people they are ruthless franchise owners. No CL next season almost certainly. I think the OT job is one that is currently surprisingly easy to turn down, pending on a potential managers current situation.

My oh My Carmine

The current reality is the same as i said when Fergie and Gill left that it would take United about 3 years to get back to a decent squad that will be challenging for all the trophys again.....nothing as changed IMO!

Mourinho may or may not become the next United manager same as Pochettino or whoever else is flavour of the month BUT unlike you i am realistic in what we have to do and the time needed to get back where we should be with our resourses.

Reality numer 1 love them or hate them the Glaziers have always supported the manager at United and funded transfers over there reign correct?

Reality number 2 Pochettino would jump at managing United and you know it!

Reality number 3 you are a much better side than United? You mean at the moment as in the last couple of months! maybe but you are the chokers that regularly finish 5th or 6th just behind the goons and the season is just coming to your time of choking as per normal.

Reality number 4 City have got the best academy Facilities wise in the country and the best crop of young players.

Reality number 5 In 3 Years you will have a new supermarket that Levy will continue to shop at to buy cheap players all the while selling to other BIGGER clubs just like United...you will always be our feeder club.....>Levy allowing Pochettino vastly increased revenues if he so wants< is a cracker lol!

Sorry to burst your bubble but nothing has changed at Spurs it is just that this season United City Arse and Chelsea have not been at it which has allowed you lot to feel giddy when in REALITY look back at how many points you normally would have at this stage of the past few seasons! i would be surprised if you have many more than you do now.

It wont be long before United have normal service resumed with whoever they choose to follow on from LVG. tongue.png We might even buy Harry!

MrEd, the world through your eyes is a weird and wonderful place!! Keep dreaming the dream. rolleyes.gif

Reality is;

You will get back to being a top four club, no doubt, but it will take a while.

You are an immensely boring side at present with a manager that has largely wasted his 230m spend. No one even wants to watch you its so dire and turgid.

there are a host of managers, proven and up and coming that would not necessarily jump at the United job. Don't be so arrogant and out of touchthumbsup.gif

No one fears playing you anymore, home or away.

According to police figures you regularly don't even fill your stadium

I can assure you, Europa football is a decidedly unattractive prospect for any top manager. Bobbins tournament offering bobbins money.

In all reality Mourinho is already nailed on as your new coach so you will undoubtedly return to being the most reviled club in the country!!

Edited by carmine

^"The second reality is that you (ManU) wouldn't i believe look very attractive to Pochettino."

Oh come on, get real will ya! I'm a huge ManU hater but even I know that's not true; ManU are one of the top 5 clubs in the World, and there ain't many managers who wouldn't be interested.

Proven and up and coming?

I said it will take 3 years and you have agreed.

'so you will undoubtedly return to being the most reviled club in the country!!'

Not arrogant or out of touch just the truth.

^"The second reality is that you (ManU) wouldn't i believe look very attractive to Pochettino."

Oh come on, get real will ya! I'm a huge ManU hater but even I know that's not true; ManU are one of the top 5 clubs in the World, and there ain't many managers who wouldn't be interested.

How can you come out with such toss? How do you know what appeals to a manager?

Yes, they might have big spend, like you lot do but he, for one has never been an advocate of that? And just how attractive is a club with CL football?

Think you too need to get real. Anyway we'll just have to see who's right won't we.

The days of man utd having the financial advantage that a 70,000 seater stadium brings are numbered. Its world. Fan base is fickle and can soon be lost.

They ain't the only large fish in the sea now.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pep did.

Pep did not turn United down it was all paper talk, he probably would have but who knows.

• Like 1

The days of man utd having the financial advantage that a 70,000 seater stadium brings are numbered. Its world. Fan base is fickle and can soon be lost.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Oh how i have missed the Yids ....COYS! clap2.gif

Read your own comments that ManU "wouldn't i believe look very attractive to Pochettino."..."How do you know what appeals to a manager?"

Financial advantage...Deloitte proves ManU are current 3rd richest football club in the world, forecast to be richest in next year's report.

No way could ManUs's fanbase SOON be lost...if they drop down the divisions and stay there for a period of time, then maybe but highly unlikely..

http://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

Read your own comments that ManU "wouldn't i believe look very attractive to Pochettino."..."How do you know what appeals to a manager?"

For that matter, how do you know?

• Like 1

with a young squad. Arguably with THE best team in the prem and a new stadium to match any certainly in the prem in one of the greatest cities in the world. Why the fun would he want to move to a wet cold poxy little city like Manchester? Where arguably what ever he does with the team for the foreseeable future will be seen as second best to the Ferguson years.

Edited by rijit

^If you don't know the answers to your questions then sorry you nothing about english and European football. ManU might be going through a slump, but are you seriously suggesting Spurs are comparable with ManU. Now that's a good start to my day, cheers ;-)

I have to ask the question; are you really so interested in this ridiculous subject matter or just trolling out of boredom?

What will be will be. You read one paper says Mourinho's nailed on. Another, they are looking at Pochettino, another...whatever....

Its just mindless media speculation and all you've really done is bought into a groundless, fantasy rumor mill.

Best concentrate on your own teams impending mauling next sunday.wink.png

NB For the record i'll say once again, i think Pochettino has fully bought into the Tottenham project and will reject Man Utd if indeed there is any truth to the persisting rumors

Edited by carmine

^If you don't know the answers to your questions then sorry you nothing about english and European football. ManU might be going through a slump, but are you seriously suggesting Spurs are comparable with ManU. Now that's a good start to my day, cheers ;-)

its projected that 17 of the prem clubs are going to be in the top 20 wealthiest sporting clubs in the world in the next 2/3 few yeara so with a filled stadiam in london where ticket prices will be at a premiam i'de say yes were gonna be able to compete with most

I have to ask the question; are you really so interested in this ridiculous subject matter or just trolling out of boredom?

What will be will be. You read one paper says Mourinho's nailed on. Another, they are looking at Pochettino, another...whatever....

Its just mindless media speculation and all you've really done is bought into a groundless, fantasy rumor mill.

NB For the record i'll say once again, i think Pochettino has fully bought into the Tottenham project and will reject Man Utd if indeed there is any truth to the persisting rumors

I do not troll and would have hoped that that was apparent after all my posts on TV! If you’ve read my posts it should be apparent that I have no time for those who persist in trolling on the football forum.

I posted as I thought was interesting, I assume that there is some truth in it (Poch seems to be sought after following his progress at Soton and Spurs, and I can imagine ManU WOULD be interested in getting him) and so I wanted to know the opinion of Spurs fans. What I didn’t expect though was to see comments which imply Poch would turn down ManU because of Spurs; anyway, interesting to know.

its projected that 17 of the prem clubs are going to be in the top 20 wealthiest sporting clubs in the world in the next 2/3 few yeara so with a filled stadiam in london where ticket prices will be at a premiam i'de say yes were gonna be able to compete with most

You might be able to compete with "most" in the next 2/3 years (don't you already) but no way will you be competing with ManU in the next 2/3 years.giggle.gif

It's highly unlikely any team (including City, Chelsea and Arsenal) will be able to compete with ManU financially in that period.

I do not troll and would have hoped that that was apparent after all my posts on TV! If you’ve read my posts it should be apparent that I have no time for those who persist in trolling on the football forum.

I posted as I thought was interesting, I assume that there is some truth in it (Poch seems to be sought after following his progress at Soton and Spurs, and I can imagine ManU WOULD be interested in getting him) and so I wanted to know the opinion of Spurs fans. What I didn’t expect though was to see comments which imply Poch would turn down ManU because of Spurs; anyway, interesting to know.

Well it seems he has already said he'd rather stay at Spurs so that appears to be that. Mind you, it was in the Mirror so you'll have to make your own mind up.

btw, i would never assume that is necessarily any truth in anything journalists write. All i would say, as i have said before, is that wit his achievements over the past couple of years why wouldn't any club be interested in Pochettino?

You might be able to compete with "most" in the next 2/3 years (don't you already) but no way will you be competing with ManU in the next 2/3 years.giggle.gif

It's highly unlikely any team (including City, Chelsea and Arsenal) will be able to compete with ManU financially in that period.

true, whilst the new stadium will bring in more revenue than OT i would have thought, no one in the English game can compete with United and Liverpool's global merchandising.

Rejig said "compete with most" and to that end he's correct. The irony is that we don't appear currently to need to spend big because we have a great academy and a manager not afraid to bring youth through the system

These global markets are fickle. And. very much tend to go with the winning/ leading club, half the thais i knew changed alliance regularly and with the emergence of local football. World marketing ain't something ide bet continuing open endedly.

true, whilst the new stadium will bring in more revenue than OT i would have thought, no one in the English game can compete with United and Liverpool's global merchandising.

Rejig said "compete with most" and to that end he's correct.

Yeah good point carms b b has a habit as others on here have, of not reading whats written,and commenting on what they thinks being said,, huge difference.

Seriously though given all things equal and our on the pitch improvement continues and our stadium is delivered on time ish i genuinely see us stepping up and competing financially with likes of Ltd ,,,my new name for utd under vg :D , man city. Liverpool ect. Why not our business model is so much better.

Rejig said "compete with most" and to that end he's correct. The irony is that we don't appear currently to need to spend big because we have a great academy and a manager not afraid to bring youth through the system

"we don't appear currently to need to spend big because".

Is it really because:

we have a great academy and a manager not afraid to bring youth through the system

or

we won't spend (for whatever reason - Daniel?) meaning that we have to use the academy and youth.

Who's funding your new stadium by the way, Spurs or the council? I had a google but could find.