Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Carmine - Rejig said "compete with most" and to that end he's correct.

Rijit - Yeah good point carms b b has a habit as others on here have, of not reading whats written,and commenting on what they thinks being said,, huge difference.

Read my post again, I referred to You might be able to compete with "most" .

Who was it you were saying has "a habit as others on here have, of not reading whats written,and commenting on what they thinks being said". whistling.gif

Cheeky buggers!wink.png

Hey Carmine, make your way to Bangkok this Sunday and take in City and Spurs with Smokie and I. I'll buy Smokes the beer you owe him.biggrin.png

Is he ever going back to work?!!!!

Will you ever take a holiday?? laugh.png

Touche!! Theres a great life there somewhere in the middle!

• Like 1

^If you don't know the answers to your questions then sorry you nothing about english and European football. ManU might be going through a slump, but are you seriously suggesting Spurs are comparable with ManU. Now that's a good start to my day, cheers ;-)

its projected that 17 of the prem clubs are going to be in the top 20 wealthiest sporting clubs in the world in the next 2/3 few yeara so with a filled stadiam in london where ticket prices will be at a premiam i'de say yes were gonna be able to compete with most

You might be able to compete with "most" in the next 2/3 years (don't you already) but no way will you be competing with ManU in the next 2/3 years.giggle.gif

It's highly unlikely any team (including City, Chelsea and Arsenal) will be able to compete with ManU financially in that period.

true, whilst the new stadium will bring in more revenue than OT i would have thought, no one in the English game can compete with United and Liverpool's global merchandising.

Rejig said "compete with most" and to that end he's correct. The irony is that we don't appear currently to need to spend big because we have a great academy and a manager not afraid to bring youth through the system

Really? How do you think this is possible Carmine your new stadium is planned capacity of 61.000 and Uniteds is 76.000 or are you expecting massive ticket prices to pay for it!

^If you don't know the answers to your questions then sorry you nothing about english and European football. ManU might be going through a slump, but are you seriously suggesting Spurs are comparable with ManU. Now that's a good start to my day, cheers ;-)
its projected that 17 of the prem clubs are going to be in the top 20 wealthiest sporting clubs in the world in the next 2/3 few yeara so with a filled stadiam in london where ticket prices will be at a premiam i'de say yes were gonna be able to compete with most

You might be able to compete with "most" in the next 2/3 years (don't you already) but no way will you be competing with ManU in the next 2/3 years.giggle.gif

It's highly unlikely any team (including City, Chelsea and Arsenal) will be able to compete with ManU financially in that period.

true, whilst the new stadium will bring in more revenue than OT i would have thought, no one in the English game can compete with United and Liverpool's global merchandising.

Rejig said "compete with most" and to that end he's correct. The irony is that we don't appear currently to need to spend big because we have a great academy and a manager not afraid to bring youth through the system

Really? How do you think this is possible Carmine your new stadium is planned capacity of 61.000 and Uniteds is 76.000 or are you expecting massive ticket prices to pay for it!

Yep, London awash with disposable money, there won't be any gripes about ticket prices only lack of entertainment.

Edit ; which will probably mean us dropping the ticket price when man Ltd are in town.:D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

^Why we all live in Londarn apparently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z9j9j6f

Man Utd: Premier League club on track to earn £500m

• From the s
_88218298_hi030750211.jpg

Manchester United are on track to become the first British club to earn more than £500m in one year despite their lack of success on the pitch.

Second-quarter revenues rose by 26.6% to a record £133.8m, with commercial revenues up 42.5% to £66.1m.

Broadcast revenue rose 31.3% to £37.3m and sponsorship revenue rose by £1.6m, but matchday income was down 1.6%.

The Red Devils currently lie fifth in the Premier League table and have been knocked out of the Champions League.

Are Man Utd about to rule the world? £1bn from sponsors, 116m social media followers and a new £5bn TV deal - why Man Utd are set to become the world's richest club.

"Our solid results off the pitch help contribute to what remains our number one priority - success on the pitch," said executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

United's chances of qualification for next season's Champions League hang in the balance after an inconsistent season under Louis van Gaal.

Majority-owned by the American Glazer family, they are six points adrift of fourth-placed Manchester City.

Leicester have a five-point lead at the top of the table - and defeated City last weekend with a team that cost £22.5m.

"Leicester is a fantastic reference point for everybody this year," said Woodward in a conference call with investors on Thursday.

"Some players are bought by other clubs with an eye to them developing into something special in a few years' time whereas there's perhaps more pressure on bigger clubs to bring in players who are going to hit the ground running, top players verging on world class almost immediately. There is a slightly different market in which people are buying."

The BBC understands Van Gaal's position is precarious after learning that Jose Mourinho has held talks with the club about taking over in the summer.

^Why we all live in Londarn apparently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z9j9j6f

Man Utd: Premier League club on track to earn £500m

• From the s
_88218298_hi030750211.jpg

Manchester United are on track to become the first British club to earn more than £500m in one year despite their lack of success on the pitch.

Second-quarter revenues rose by 26.6% to a record £133.8m, with commercial revenues up 42.5% to £66.1m.

Broadcast revenue rose 31.3% to £37.3m and sponsorship revenue rose by £1.6m, but matchday income was down 1.6%.

The Red Devils currently lie fifth in the Premier League table and have been knocked out of the Champions League.

Are Man Utd about to rule the world? £1bn from sponsors, 116m social media followers and a new £5bn TV deal - why Man Utd are set to become the world's richest club.

"Our solid results off the pitch help contribute to what remains our number one priority - success on the pitch," said executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

United's chances of qualification for next season's Champions League hang in the balance after an inconsistent season under Louis van Gaal.

Majority-owned by the American Glazer family, they are six points adrift of fourth-placed Manchester City.

Leicester have a five-point lead at the top of the table - and defeated City last weekend with a team that cost £22.5m.

"Leicester is a fantastic reference point for everybody this year," said Woodward in a conference call with investors on Thursday.

"Some players are bought by other clubs with an eye to them developing into something special in a few years' time whereas there's perhaps more pressure on bigger clubs to bring in players who are going to hit the ground running, top players verging on world class almost immediately. There is a slightly different market in which people are buying."

The BBC understands Van Gaal's position is precarious after learning that Jose Mourinho has held talks with the club about taking over in the summer.

He obviously wasn't talking about Utd when he made that statement biggrin.png

• Like 1

What's the thoughts on Sundays team selection.? Be interesting to see which full back he pics,, wouldn't be at all surprised if trippier got the nod over walker. Still can't 100 % make my mind up bout rose or Davies, rose is shocking at the.bac, but when Davies gets forward, which thankfully he's doing more

of, find myself thinking rose could/would have done better. But 'm going Davies, just cos he's better at the bac and. That might help winnier out a bit. Not that so far he's needed it but this is man city not your average jo's

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hartson reckons tiny totts fans will be wanting an Arsenal win this weekend.

Really?

biggrin.png

to that. We hope you get hammered.

Plenty of time to win the league anyway.

unfortunately for the record, i don't think you will get hammered because Wenger, as did Pochettino, will have worked them out.

Edited by carmine

Really?

biggrin.png

unfortunately for the record, i don't think you will get hammered because Wenger, as did Pochettino, will have worked them out.

Might still happen. Arsenal have blown lukewarm and cold for a while happily.

Really?

biggrin.png

I think they will beat Leicester. Wenger won't allow them the wide open spaces down the flanks and will nullify their breaks

Really?

biggrin.png

I think they will beat Leicester. Wenger won't allow them the wide open spaces down the flanks and will nullify their breaks

Will be great for football to see Leicester win the Championship,and Spurs will implode, they do it every season.

That's a poor troll Mr Flint.

We've been very consistent this season and admittedly fortunate with injuries.

If the squad stays off the treatment table we'll keep winning the majority of our games.

I'm starting to feel very confident of CL next season.

That's a poor troll Mr Flint.

We've been very consistent this season and admittedly fortunate with injuries.

If the squad stays off the treatment table we'll keep winning the majority of our games.

I'm starting to feel very confident of CL next season.

Mr Flint forgot to mention that his Merchandise United side will not be able to implode because they been utter <deleted> all season.

CL is assured and the minimum return for your season.

Well we've surrendered a ten point gap before, to Arsenal, but its all about whether there are teams below the top four capable of that, and i agree, i don't think there are.