Tottenham Thread

chonabot

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

You ain't wrong lad you need to do Liverpool a big favour tonight after the debacle that was robbie Keane. Temperamental game on the cards and expect to see alli at his best and worst.

So we owe you a favour cos we sold you a good player and you turned him into rubbish :shock1:

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Decent win but just remember who you are. Cup team at best. Your Tottenham so 6th place is a good season. Thanks though. Opened it right up.

Quite right,  taking into account our net spend over the last few years, which makes even more amazing that we have finished above you in 6 seasons out of the last 7 :smile:

Edited by alfieconn

20 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Quite right,  taking into account our net spend over the last few years, which makes even more amazing that we have finished above you in 6 seasons out of the last 7 :smile:

Oh I see Alfieconn and an apt name it is. Your a Google fact finder of the highest order but you wrote this then had a brainwave and checked your facts and then edited your comment. Proper fan then I see. You had you pants pulled down a few years back and JL clearly was not impressed. Who were they again? Nacer ChadlI + a lot of crap buys = 100 million blown and bale au revoir. 

13 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Whats even funnier that it is a red shirt coming from Birmingham, what a combination :whistling:

Liverpool fan base base a bit of a wider net than Tottenham.  Speak to your mate google he will point you in the right direction.

43 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Liverpool fan base base a bit of a wider net than Tottenham.  Speak to your mate google he will point you in the right direction.

I don't need to Google it thanks as it's common knowledge , to be fair having thousands of supporter's people jumping on the bandwagon of a successful team certainly doesn't impress me particularly as i'm a believer that you should support your local team,a Premier League team close by or at least have family connections :unsure: 

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

I don't need to Google it thanks as it's common knowledge , to be fair having thousands of supporter's people jumping on the bandwagon of a successful team certainly doesn't impress me particularly as i'm a believer that you should support your local team,a Premier League team close by or at least have family connections :unsure: 

Alfie I'm a football fan and I like lfc since I was 5. First match I ever watched. That's enough of a connection for me and as you pointed out lfc not had the best run lately and longer more like last 25ish years so why remain loyal to a cause? Your full of it btw your Google maniac for sure. Spot em a mile away. 

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Alfie I'm a football fan and I like lfc since I was 5. First match I ever watched. That's enough of a connection for me and as you pointed out lfc not had the best run lately and longer more like last 25ish years so why remain loyal to a cause? Your full of it btw your Google maniac for sure. Spot em a mile away. 

So why did you like the Reds over  Villa, B'ham, West Brom ? 

I'm not sure what i am full off, perhaps you could elaborate :passifier:

Just now, alfieconn said:

So why did you like the Reds over  Villa, B'ham, West Brom ? 

I'm not sure what i am full off, perhaps you could elaborate :passifier:

Read the post again Alfie something might click. Hint. 1st football match.

Ok I'll play. Rhymes with hit stinks like...

If unsure do as you do. Google is your friend. 

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Oh I see Alfieconn and an apt name it is. Your a Google fact finder of the highest order but you wrote this then had a brainwave and checked your facts and then edited your comment. Proper fan then I see. You had you pants pulled down a few years back and JL clearly was not impressed. Who were they again? Nacer ChadlI + a lot of crap buys = 100 million blown and bale au revoir. 

Show me where we blew 100m ? 

If your going to come on here talking rubbish at least get your facts right and have a look at your own club, we sold Chadli for more than we bought him for, how much is Eriksen worth now ?  probably down 15 -20m in total   and if your going to talk about our bad buys have a look at some of your own, How much did you lose on Balotelli ? how much did you lose on Carroll ?  how much did you lose on Downing ?  How much did you lose on Keane ? to name just a few.

I suggest if you come on here to have a pop at least come up with a subject that i can't pull you to pieces on :whistling:

29 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Show me where we blew 100m ? 

If your going to come on here talking rubbish at least get your facts right and have a look at your own club, we sold Chadli for more than we bought him for, how much is Eriksen worth now ?  probably down 15 -20m in total   and if your going to talk about our bad buys have a look at some of your own, How much did you lose on Balotelli ? how much did you lose on Carroll ?  how much did you lose on Downing ?  How much did you lose on Keane ? to name just a few.

I suggest if you come on here to have a pop at least come up with a subject that i can't pull you to pieces on :whistling:

You seem to be more about financials than football. The purpose of that 2013 spree was to ensure Bales departure could be counter balanced with strong players who would impact your club positively. Here's a link which I spent two minutes finding just for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3764900/Tottenham-Hotspur-just-two-seven-players-bought-Gareth-Bale-money-success-been.html

So you have been shown.

The manager charged with that transition is now gone as are most of the players so not exactly a success that spree not to mention a decline in league position.

Our buys. Yes as an honest fan I can take criticism where it's due and Balotelli was an awful gamble and Carroll was priced at a premium due to the late activity and deadline looming. But and you know what's coming..... we sold a superstar for 50 million brought Carroll and some guy for 21 million forgot his name now oh yes Luis Suarez and we then sold him for 75 million? Suarez's arrival nearly brought the title home in 2014 so that's the kind of ROI a real fan hopes for. Not his sell on fee 3+ years after their arrival. Bunch of duds and Eriksen yes I like him a lot but I expected more from him to be totally honest and that argie has taken an age to mature. Those players were not for the future they were for right then. It did not happen. 

Please try harder if you want to discuss football. 

21 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

You seem to be more about financials than football. The purpose of that 2013 spree was to ensure Bales departure could be counter balanced with strong players who would impact your club positively. Here's a link which I spent two minutes finding just for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3764900/Tottenham-Hotspur-just-two-seven-players-bought-Gareth-Bale-money-success-been.html

So you have been shown.

The manager charged with that transition is now gone as are most of the players so not exactly a success that spree not to mention a decline in league position.

Our buys. Yes as an honest fan I can take criticism where it's due and Balotelli was an awful gamble and Carroll was priced at a premium due to the late activity and deadline looming. But and you know what's coming..... we sold a superstar for 50 million brought Carroll and some guy for 21 million forgot his name now oh yes Luis Suarez and we then sold him for 75 million? Suarez's arrival nearly brought the title home in 2014 so that's the kind of ROI a real fan hopes for. Not his sell on fee 3+ years after their arrival. Bunch of duds and Eriksen yes I like him a lot but I expected more from him to be totally honest and that argie has taken an age to mature. Those players were not for the future they were for right then. It did not happen. 

Please try harder if you want to discuss football. 

Show me the figs where we blew 100m ? 

Show me the figs where we blew 100m ? 

Seriously you too scared to click a link or too much of big head to own up and admit your team squandered a large portion of cash trying to emulate or better bales last season?  Your not a football fan you know next to nothing it would appear. You talk figures continually your a joke of a fan my nephew is a spurs fan and FYI he lives n17 so he's ok in your book yeah? He knows more about tottenham than you ahh ssshit I know more than you and I'm not even a fan. The ROI is the teams performance not the sell on value but actually it is for tottenham isn't it. Sorry I forgot that was the remit for a long period bring em in young and get the resale value. Well your teams got a goldmine in Alli, fairplay there's your next 100 million so I guess your well happy. 

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Seriously you too scared to click a link or too much of big head to own up and admit your team squandered a large portion of cash trying to emulate or better bales last season?  Your not a football fan you know next to nothing it would appear. You talk figures continually your a joke of a fan my nephew is a spurs fan and FYI he lives n17 so he's ok in your book yeah? He knows more about tottenham than you ahh ssshit I know more than you and I'm not even a fan. The ROI is the teams performance not the sell on value but actually it is for tottenham isn't it. Sorry I forgot that was the remit for a long period bring em in young and get the resale value. Well your teams got a goldmine in Alli, fairplay there's your next 100 million so I guess your well happy. 

Nacer ChadlI + a lot of crap buys = 100 million blown and bale au revoir.

Show me the figs where were we blew 100m :passifier:

29 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I said blown but better to say Squandered.

Figures are estimates based on where you get data from but fairly accurate. Ok governor eat this:

Roberto soldado 

Fee: 26 million

Wages x 2 years 8m

Total wasted 34 million

Paulinho 

Fee 17 million 

Wages x 2 years 6 million

Total wasted 23 million

Etienne capoue 

Fee 8.6 million 

Wages x 2 years 5 million

Total wasted 13.6 million

Vlad chirices 

Fee 7.5 million

Wages x 2 years 4 million

Total wasted 11.5 million

So where we at 80 million.

Ok next Erik Lamela 30 million but to be fair he was young but his value is decreasing 22 million according to transfermarkt. 60k a week for doing what in 1st 2 years? That's 6 million over 2 years btw. Well over the odds that fee was an absolute joke and your return where it matters is 8 goals in 85 games(PL)  understandibly spurs have stuck with him because like bale who had an awful start at WHL he could emerge from the shadows but highly unlikely and within 18 months poxhettino gonna have to let his home go. 15 million if your lucky.

Case closed Alfie until next time you sappy accountant.

28 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I said blown but better to say Squandered.

Figures are estimates based on where you get data from but fairly accurate. Ok governor eat this:

Roberto soldado 

Fee: 26 million

Wages x 2 years 8m

Total wasted 34 million

Paulinho 

Fee 17 million 

Wages x 2 years 6 million

Total wasted 23 million

Etienne capoue 

Fee 8.6 million 

Wages x 2 years 5 million

Total wasted 13.6 million

Vlad chirices 

Fee 7.5 million

Wages x 2 years 4 million

Total wasted 11.5 million

So where we at 80 million.

Ok next Erik Lamela 30 million but to be fair he was young but his value is decreasing 22 million according to transfermarkt. 60k a week for doing what in 1st 2 years? That's 6 million over 2 years btw. Well over the odds that fee was an absolute joke and your return where it matters is 8 goals in 85 games(PL)  understandibly spurs have stuck with him because like bale who had an awful start at WHL he could emerge from the shadows but highly unlikely and within 18 months poxhettino gonna have to let his home go. 15 million if your lucky.

Case closed Alfie until next time you sappy accountant.

We got fees for all them players plus you haven't  added in Lamela and Eriksen, oh and 13m for Chadders .

Edited by alfieconn

15 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

We got fees for all them players plus you haven't  added in Lamela and Eriksen

There you go again Alfie jumping the gun.editing your way out of it. Poorly planned to say the least. Why would I scrutinise Eriksen he is a success to some degree but as I said, expected more. No mention of Erik Lamela eh. Enough said Alfie  school boy errors. 

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

There you go again Alfie jumping the gun.editing your way out of it. Poorly planned to say the least. Why would I scrutinise Eriksen he is a success to some degree but as I said, expected more. No mention of Erik Lamela eh. Enough said Alfie  school boy errors. 

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Ask Alfie for the dunces hat but don't be surprised if it is too big and has stretch marks.

Being as you're down in sixth you should be off annoying the Arse mate....we're too busy chasing down the leaders to bother with your bunch of no hopers. :laugh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

Being as you're down in sixth you should be off annoying the Arse mate....we're too busy chasing down the leaders to bother with your bunch of no hopers. :laugh:

Right now smoke your sniffing my arse. As I said aCONN has the dunces hat.

Old Rc has got a way with words :biggrin:

To be honest I'm not saying much in here anymore it's making tottenham look interesting on TV stats and you Aconn are anything but interesting so I'm off to hijack something else. You got done son. Well and truly done.