Tottenham Thread

chonabot

5 minutes ago, petermik said:

says who??????

The same people who tell us all our top players are off because we won't pay the wages etc etc....

Yet the players we want to keep are all staying and on long term deals....funny that.

Oh and now our manager has a new five year deal too!!

You couldn't make it up really oh and we're in crisis blah blah blah.......

Meanwhile at chavland they are out of the CL and Hazard wants to leave oh and they have no idea who the manager will be tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to visiting our brand new stadium....its going to be utterly fantastic next season!!

Yes that's for the council tenants in Mancland.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Can't believe a man of you intelligence is jumping in on that bandwagon. Sometimes it's better business sense to rent. But hang on a minute, your not really buying it are you, you're borrowing the money, so really your tenants of the bank until you have paid back in full. We only pay £3 million per year for our stadium, so it will take us over 200 years to pay what you are paying for your new stadium (not including compound interest, upfront cash etc). Leaving us all that spare cash to buy players to win stuff. I also think you'll need a couple or 3 new stadiums in that 200 years as well, so it's not hard to do the math.

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Can't believe a man of you intelligence is jumping in on that bandwagon. Sometimes it's better business sense to rent. But hang on a minute, your not really buying it are you, you're borrowing the money, so really your tenants of the bank until you have paid back in full. We only pay £3 million per year for our stadium, so it will take us over 200 years to pay what you are paying for your new stadium (not including compound interest, upfront cash etc). Leaving us all that spare cash to buy players to win stuff. I also think you'll need a couple or 3 new stadiums in that 200 years as well, so it's not hard to do the math.

You should read some of the details pertaining our new stadium....its mouthwatering and I can't wait to visit.

Not least for a taste of our own craft beers lol.

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You should read some of the details pertaining our new stadium....its mouthwatering and I can't wait to visit.

Not least for a taste of our own craft beers lol.

Wasn't referring to the quality and facilities, I'm sure they will be great. I was responding to the "council tenant" element

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Wasn't referring to the quality and facilities, I'm sure they will be great. I was responding to the "council tenant" element

Well now you know what my comment was aiming at....hopefully you will pop along to see what all the fuss is about! :biggrin:

40 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well now you know what my comment was aiming at....hopefully you will pop along to see what all the fuss is about! :biggrin:

Doubt it. I don't really want to return to England, never mind a rough area of London. Don't they burn buildings and have riots there. Be lucky if the stadium is still standing in 20 years ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Doubt it. I don't really want to return to England, never mind a rough area of London. Don't they burn buildings and have riots there. Be lucky if the stadium is still standing in 20 years ?

Its just a little too edgy for you soft northern types.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What do you mean "you northerners" Have you abandoned your birthplace and become English. I hope we made you take a test ?

That England thread could be golden for this summer. ?

19 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I don't think I've got a chance to see it live. Travelling to the boonies tomorrow for the weekend.

" I don't think I've got a chance to see it live".

What  kind of a fan are you! Get it sorted. Your team needs you...up the Villa!

12 hours ago, carmine said:

Pochettino's contract was going to be renewed when Uncle Joe flew in from the Bahamas.  All the talk of him leaving was media driven and over hyped by the usual suspects on here who must be bitterly disappointed this morning.  ?

I can think of two or three of you that must be fuming!!!?  

So lets get back to us having no money, to transfer market spend and crippled by debt an' all that <deleted>....not that your all predictable of course!!!!

Fuming! Not really; another 5 years to win his first trophy. Bless him!

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

But we've got no money and a massive stadium overspend and our manager's off to the chavs.

No wait....media hype....you don't imagine its ALL codswallop??

?

No one has been saying you've got no money, we've been saying the opposite in fact, and some of us believe your money will go on covering the stadium overspend at the expense of the squad.

I see the weasel is basking in the news of his managet signing a new contract. Poch probably can't believe his luck on one hand. Safest bet in the prem. Finnish above the arse and you cannot go wrong sign here please.

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The same people who tell us all our top players are off because we won't pay the wages etc etc....

Yet the players we want to keep are all staying and on long term deals....funny that.

Oh and now our manager has a new five year deal too!!

You couldn't make it up really oh and we're in crisis blah blah blah.......

Meanwhile at chavland they are out of the CL and Hazard wants to leave oh and they have no idea who the manager will be tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to visiting our brand new stadium....its going to be utterly fantastic next season!!

Your new stadium  development's  latest cost is 1.2 billion quid. The cost to City of converting  the City of Manchester stadium for us to move in was just 20 million, with a 250 year lease which costs us just 3 million per year. We also had acres of empty unused land available  to pick up on the cheap and develop. No mugs us you know!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8257210/How-Manchester-City-won-the-stadium-lottery.html

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

" I don't think I've got a chance to see it live".

What  kind of a fan are you! Get it sorted. Your team needs you...up the Villa!

That’s mental 

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I see the weasel is basking in the news of his managet signing a new contract. Poch probably can't believe his luck on one hand. Safest bet in the prem. Finnish above the arse and you cannot go wrong sign here please.

I'm just glad you didn't pick Tottenham as your second team.

Both of yours playing tomorrow and you'll miss it all apparently! 

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Your new stadium  development's  latest cost is 1.2 billion quid. The cost to City of converting  the City of Manchester stadium for us to move in was just 20 million, with a 250 year lease which costs us just 3 million per year. We also had acres of empty unused land available  to pick up on the cheap and develop. No mugs us you know!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8257210/How-Manchester-City-won-the-stadium-lottery.html

Show me a link worthy of the name where our stadium cost has risen by so much please.

You lot are full of flannel really.

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Are, unpleasant as usual...carry on.

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Show me a link worthy of the name where our stadium cost has risen by so much please.

You lot are full of flannel really.

Yes this is the reality.  One report saysc800m, another 850 and now one is saying 1.2bn.........anyone else care to throw in a random figure?  

I'll go 1.8bn for the build, Pochettino's new contract is a lie and theres no transfer budget and BB really does still believe in Father Christmas.

Perhaps the usual suspects might take a step back to consider the reality which is;

1  No one actually knows what the stadium build cost is

2  Pochetten was happy to sign a new 5 year contract.

3  He's quite obviously been guaranteed significant funds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No one has been saying you've got no money, we've been saying the opposite in fact, and some of us believe your money will go on covering the stadium overspend at the expense of the squad.

The problem is you tend to engage your computer keyboard before your mouth before your brain.  

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes this is the reality.  One report saysc800m, another 850 and now one is saying 1.2bn.........anyone else care to throw in a random figure?  

I'll go 1.8bn for the build, Pochettino's new contract is a lie and theres no transfer budget and BB really does still believe in Father Christmas.

Perhaps the usual suspects might take a step back to consider the reality which is;

Certain weasels would pull you up about not spelling pochettino correctly. You know the type the low ball graspers. 

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Cost was 400m

It was estimated  to  rise to 700m

Latest estimate  I've  seen was 1 billion or 1.2 billion  

"No one actually knows what the stadium build cost is" signifies you  don't  know anything about the construction  and engineering industry  do you. A firm of consultant qs will be employed to track costs so the estimates will be fairly accurate.

I am stating the facts to you. Ignoring or making light of them is your choice. Maybe a bit too difficult to comprehend for you. 

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Certain weasels would pull you up about not spelling pochettino correctly. You know the type the low ball graspers. 

You really are showing yourself to be an increasingly unpleasant character.  Carry on and the rest can see you for what you really are.

Just now, carmine said:

You really are showing yourself to be an increasingly unpleasant character.  Carry on and the rest can see you for what you really are.

Are you looking in the mirror as you type these responses carmine. Every response sounds eerily like you are talking about yourself.