Tottenham Thread

chonabot

16 hours ago, carmine said:

Mino Raiola representing De Ligt so on hearing that i presume we are pretty much screwed and he'll be going to one of the big spending clubs.  

I have a feeling this is going to be a long hard slog of a transfer window.

I read he is off to Italy. Not Juve, so a club with no more financial clout than anyone in the EPL, never mind the top 6.

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

200m kane and poch combo.

I don't fancy kane this tournament I think he is knackered.

I don't fancy your predictions either.  They are hopeless, the whole lot hopelessly wrong.

And in terms of trolling, you are like a novelist with writers block.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The irony of it. Spurs whinge about City's spending being unfair then they go and blast the normal day rate into orbit just to satisfy their own needs and stuff everyone else. Bet they don't even need half of the workers, they only want them just so nobody else can have em ?

Or an example of spending what you actually generate rather than your owners being a working model on financial doping.  I was just waiting for you to throw that one in but at the end of the day we simply don'r have that sugar daddy that finds a way of just throwing in funding as and when.

Probably why City fans have grown a chip on their shoulder due to others fans perception of their hollow victories and silverware.

The chip on BB's shoulder would put the Hunchback of Notre Dames to shame!!  Hence the obsession with clubs that attempt to stick to spending what they earn.

btw, why do you refer to Spurs fans whinging when you know all to well the entire  football public feels the same way,  they all bark on about it.  But then again, you know that too?

If its said we laugh out loud seeing City fans celebrating beating a team whose squad wages are less than you pay a ball boy then yes its true but its not just us, its everyone!!!  

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The irony of it. Spurs whinge about City's spending being unfair then they go and blast the normal day rate into orbit just to satisfy their own needs and stuff everyone else. Bet they don't even need half of the workers, they only want them just so nobody else can have em ?

At 800 quid a week less tax and NI in London they must be bussing in lots of Burmese. 

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

At 800 quid a week less tax and NI in London they must be bussing in lots of Burmese. 

Not everyone is on as much as you Ronnie. £800 per week would put them on about £38k per year which is just above the London average salary. If you were to discount the high salaries in the financial sector for instance, then they would be on a lot more than the average for a tradesman

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not everyone is on as much as you Ronnie. £800 per week would put them on about £38k per year which is just above the London average salary. If you were to discount the high salaries in the financial sector for instance, then they would be on a lot more than the average for a tradesman

Woz you no gud at sums in skool? £800 a week is £42k pa.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't often work a Saturday but I'm just glad its not at the Lane today even with their special rate. ?

20 minutes ago, champers said:

Woz you no gud at sums in skool? £800 a week is £42k pa.

Actually, if you're going to be pedantic it's £41,600 pa. However, seeing as they are on day rate, (maybe not getting paid for days off etc) to be on the conservative side, I based mine on a 4 week month multiplied by 12 which is why I put "about". Either way, it's either above or way above the London average.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Or an example of spending what you actually generate rather than your owners being a working model on financial doping.  I was just waiting for you to throw that one in but at the end of the day we simply don'r have that sugar daddy that finds a way of just throwing in funding as and when.

Probably why City fans have grown a chip on their shoulder due to others fans perception of their hollow victories and silverware.

The chip on BB's shoulder would put the Hunchback of Notre Dames to shame!!  Hence the obsession with clubs that attempt to stick to spending what they earn.

btw, why do you refer to Spurs fans whinging when you know all to well the entire  football public feels the same way,  they all bark on about it.  But then again, you know that too?

If its said we laugh out loud seeing City fans celebrating beating a team whose squad wages are less than you pay a ball boy then yes its true but its not just us, its everyone!!!  

1. "sugar daddy that finds a way of just throwing in funding as and when". Assume you are talking  about our dear Sheikh. So carmine precisely when was the last time the Sheikh threw funds our way (bearing  in mind we've  been self sufficient  for some time? Please post a link otherwise  we'll  just treat it as another example of your throw it at the wall technique, i.e. bullshit.

2. "chip on BB's shoulder". Funny that as i always consider you to be the cockiest  on here, with the most to say about  everything - our very own "You don't want to do it like that".

3. You just sound so bitter about City but i guess we'll  keep on enjoying your obsession with City winning.

Our 2018 REVENUE was 527m Euro, the 5th highest, and the Sheikh didn't  give it to us. You sound like someone still stuck in 2010 with the comments  you post about City. Read a bit about us will ya and get up to date!

old-man.jpeg

1 hour ago, carmine said:

There you go. Not nice when someone throws a rock at you is it and you have gone into full defensive mode. You have even totally ignored the point and gone around it by feeling you are justified stealing all of the workers because you've generated (actually borrowed) the money. Don't get me wrong, I understand why you've done it as you have a deadline to meet but like it or not, you have screwed everyone else who also have deadlines. Dog eat dog, that's life but you need to get off your high horse.

BTW. The reason I refer to Spurs whinging is cos it's all I ever hear from you lot on here. My colleagues at work (of all clubs) recognise it is what it is and most of them wish they had been as lucky as we have and yes, we know we have been extremely lucky. Getting backing to catch up and overtake those clubs who have always had more money than us.

And also BTW. You really do need to get with the times mate. This chip on your shoulder is no good for your health. We do live within our earnings nowadays, you are believing a myth. Have you really forgot the business plan which has been posted on here many times. Our owners HAD to invest heavily early due to FFP coming in. It was either then or never but the business model was ALWAYS to be self sufficient and we are now 2nd highest earners in the prem. Have a read here from the Telegraph a few days ago on the state of clubs following the accounts from the 2016/17.  https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2016-17

This isn't a City biased statement, it is a summary of the state of all clubs. For City, it states

State they’re in Position as planned for by Sheikh Mansour’s executives – improbable as it seemed – after he bought City in 2008 and began to pour in £1.2bn. From a record £197m loss six years earlier because of signing superstars including David Silva and Yaya Touré the club could not afford, the success they and other multimillion-pound signings brought have garnered huge Premier League and Uefa income, so that City are now profitable. City note in the accounts a further £161m net spent on players for Pep Guardiola last summer.

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. "sugar daddy that finds a way of just throwing in funding as and when". Assume you are talking  about our dear Sheikh. So carmine precisely when was the last time the Sheikh threw funds our way (bearing  in mind we've  been self sufficient  for some time? Please post a link otherwise  we'll  just treat it as another example of your throw it at the wall technique, i.e. bullshit.

2. "chip on BB's shoulder". Funny that as i always consider you to be the cockiest  on here, with the most to say about  everything - our very own "You don't want to do it like that".

3. You just sound so bitter about City but i guess we'll  keep on enjoying your obsession with City winning.

Our 2018 REVENUE was 527m Euro, the 5th highest, and the Sheikh didn't  give it to us. You sound like someone still stuck in 2010 with the comments  you post about City. Read a bit about us will ya and get up to date!

old-man.jpeg

Says the guy who still believes in Father Christmas and probably thinks the world is flat.

55 minutes ago, carmine said:

Says the guy who still believes in Father Christmas and probably thinks the world is flat.

If i may borrow  your very own words: 

"in terms of trolling, you are like a novelist with writers block".

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If i may borrow  your very own words: 

"in terms of trolling, you are like a novelist with writers block".

I'd really rather you didn't.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

old-man.jpeg

You've replied to my post. You didn't post anything  in support of your comment as i asked. More proof of your bullshit. You post but you NEVER post links in support. You're  so out of date on City i bet you still think Mark Hughes is our manager .?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carmine said:

I don't fancy your predictions either.  They are hopeless, the whole lot hopelessly wrong.

And in terms of trolling, you are like a novelist with writers block.

Except of course when you signed llorente and your biesla philosophy went down the toilet. If I'm a novelist you are the the first result on Google.   

34 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Except of course when you signed llorente and your biesla philosophy went down the toilet. If I'm a novelist you are the the first result on Google.   

A policy doesn't fall apart because of a one off signing.  Honestly, don't embarrass yourself with such a cretinous statement.

Stick to being unpleasant and spiteful, its clearly more your forte.

Edited by carmine

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

A policy doesn't fall apart because of a one off signing.  Honestly, don't embarrass yourself with such a cretinous statement.

Stick to being unpleasant and spiteful, its clearly more your forte.

Don't go awol again carmine and throw your dolls out the pram there's a good boy.

And your never spiteful are you. 

Listen, come back to me with football related comment only or nothing. I'd prefer nothing from you to be honest you are boring but I'll stop stating the obvious.

44 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Don't go awol again carmine and throw your dolls out the pram there's a good boy.

Listen, come back to me with football related comment only or nothing. I'd prefer nothing from you to be honest you are boring but I'll stop stating the obvious.

When you make such ridiculous statements as you did in your last post its tough to drum up the enthusiasm to discuss football, reason being, you either are just plain trolling or two, you don't know what you are talking about.  If thats the only option i think most of the forum would go awol. 

Probably better you got back to the unpleasant.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

"Don't go awol" says the man who went awol after Liverpool's hammering  by Real (and still hasn't  commented on the game)...that's hilarious!?

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Probably best to start discussing football rather than dropping the punchline at the start.

Ya gets more attention and kudos.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Don't go awol" says the man who went awol after Liverpool's hammering  by Real (and still hasn't  commented on the game)...that's hilarious!?

I have but you must of missed it. Maybe seek a secretary to help you keep up.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

When you make such ridiculous statements as you did in your last post its tough to drum up the enthusiasm to discuss football, reason being, you either are just plain trolling or two, you don't know what you are talking about.  If thats the only option i think most of the forum would go awol. 

Probably better you got back to the unpleasant.

Only to you carmine.  I treat people how they should be treated. Som nam nah as they say.

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Only to you carmine.  I treat people how they should be treated. Som nam nah as they say.

I am left reeling in shock at the expert level of Thai being spoken here.

Anyone for a game of Connect 4?

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I have but you must of missed it. Maybe seek a secretary to help you keep up.

1. Pleased you haven't  denied you went awol after Liverpool's  hammering  - boo hoo!

2. You never responded to my two posts on the liverpool  thread in which i asked your opinion on the game - boo hoo!