Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Robertson was a terrific player, a bit of a genius.

Regularly used to see the players out late at night in Rock City or the nightclubs - those were the days eh.

Particularly remember Dire Straits on in the Poly refectory (awful  acoustics), everybody stood except for a man and woman sat on plastic canteen seats against the back wall - Martin o'niell and partner.

• Like 1

Here's our full fixture list for the 2018/19 season, our first home game

against Fulham will be played at Wembley and our first game in our

new stadium will be on the 15th September v's Liverpool

FIXTURES 2018/19

Home games in bold
Domestic cup dates in italic 

Sat 11 Aug – Newcastle United A
Sat 18 Aug – Fulham H
Sat 25 Aug – Manchester United A
Sat 1 Sep – Watford A
Sat 15 Sep – Liverpool H
Sat 22 Sep – Brighton & Hove Albion A
Wed 26 Sep – Carabao Cup 3
Sat 29 Sep – Huddersfield Town A
Sat 6 Oct – Cardiff City H
Sat 20 Oct – West Ham United A
Sat 27 Oct – Manchester City H
Wed 31 Oct – Carabao Cup 4
Sat 3 Nov – Wolverhampton Wanderers A
Sat 10 Nov – Crystal Palace A
Sat 24 Nov – Chelsea H
Sat 1 Dec – Arsenal A
Wed 5 Dec – Southampton H
Sat 8 Dec – Leicester City A
Sat 15 Dec – Burnley H
Wed 19 Dec – Carabao Cup 5
Sat 22 Dec – Everton A
Wed 26 Dec – AFC Bournemouth H
Sat 29 Dec – Wolverhampton Wanderers H

Tue 1 Jan – Cardiff City A
Sat 5 Jan – Emirates FA Cup 3
Wed 9 Jan – Carabao Cup semi-final 1
Sat 12 Jan – Manchester United H
Sat 19 Jan – Fulham A
Wed 23 Jan – Carabao Cup semi-final 2
Sat 26 Jan – Emirates FA Cup 4
Wed 30 Jan – Watford H
Sat 2 Feb – Newcastle United H
Sat 9 Feb – Leicester City H

Sat 16 Feb – Emirates FA Cup 5
Sat 23 Feb – Burnley A
Sun 24 Feb – Carabao Cup Final
Wed 27 Feb – Chelsea A
Sat 2 Mar – Arsenal H
Sat 9 Mar – Southampton A
Sat 16 Mar – Crystal Palace H / Emirates FA Cup 6
Sat 30 Mar – Liverpool A
Sat 6 Apr – Brighton & Hove Albion H / Emirates FA Cup semi-final
Sat 13 Apr – Huddersfield Town H
Sat 20 Apr – Manchester City A
Sat 27 Apr – West Ham United H
Sat 4 May – AFC Bournemouth A
Sun 12 May – Everton H
Sat 18 May – Emirates FA Cup Final

* Please remember, all fixtures are subject to change

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/first-team/fixtures/2018-19-fixtures-derbies-and-other-key-dates-140618/

• Like 1

What do you lads think about playing Eriksen in the more forward role as Denmark do? He has looked very dangerous in both games so far. Would mean Ali on the bench I suppose but he didn't impress me much last season anyway.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

What do you lads think about playing Eriksen in the more forward role as Denmark do? He has looked very dangerous in both games so far. Would mean Ali on the bench I suppose but he didn't impress me much last season anyway.

He does play a more forward role for Spurs and it certainly doesn't mean that Ali is on the bench ! in fact in most games, him and Ali interchange across the three behind H.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Thanks 1

Just taken another peek at the transfer gossip this morning.

Regarding Moussa Dembele I reckon we would be mad to sell this summer....bring in a replacement and let them bed into the team over the season swapping the two around.

Winks/Wanyama might even end up being that partnership....who knows?

Kovacic?

Yes in the reporters wettest of dreams. :w00t:

20 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Just taken another peek at the transfer gossip this morning.

Regarding Moussa Dembele I reckon we would be mad to sell this summer....bring in a replacement and let them bed into the team over the season swapping the two around.

Winks/Wanyama might even end up being that partnership....who knows?

Kovacic?

Yes in the reporters wettest of dreams. :w00t:

Kovacic is 24yo, so age is right.  Is he at Dembele level, no.  Definitely a quality player but would Real Madrid want to sell him at this juncture and for how much?  

Regards the Madrid rumors,  he's 33yo old, to old, Dembel's much younger!!  He  all <deleted> us to get his move and the last thing i'd want is that little shit return no matter how good he is.

Edited by carmine

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

What sort of salary is Son on? 

Time left on contract?

Asking for a friend...?

Soon he'll be on a 100 quid a month when he has to report for his National Service - only winning an Olympic medal or the Asian Games will get him out of serving.

53 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

What sort of salary is Son on? 

Time left on contract?

Asking for a friend...?

A tenner a week Bobby as we are saving for the new stadium, apparently the price is up to 1.5B now.

I think he has two years left until he has to do his national Service but there is talk that this could be held over until he finishes his career !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, alfieconn said:

A tenner a week Bobby as we are saving for the new stadium, apparently the price is up to 1.5B now.

I think he has two years left until he has to do his national Service but there is talk that this could be held over until he finishes his career !

I thought we couldn't afford to pay Son!!  ?  

7 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Look's like our boy's are missing each other !

DgzOPnNXkAAVOwC.jpg

If it was both A teams it would have been a one club derby!!!  They actually look worried about how their salaries are going to get paid what with the latest reports of our new stadium costs of 2.2bn.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Aaaah. I see what your doing here. Take the current position and keep exaggerating it out of all proportion. That way when the bad news finally lands on the doorstep it ain't such a shock. I had an ex-wife who used to do that with her credit card. It's called being in denial

Absolutely i am, but we already know the bad news is 850m.  But lets be serious here and just accept that when they broke dirt it wasn't on an estimate of 400m?  To think that insults my intelligence as it does yours.

Then we can go back to enjoying ourselves!

Absolutely i am, but we already know the bad news is 850m.  But lets be serious here and just accept that when they broke dirt it wasn't on an estimate of 400m?  To think that insults my intelligence as it does yours.

Then we can go back to enjoying ourselves!

"we already know the bad news is 850m" - not involved in the construction and engineering business are you.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"we already know the bad news is 850m" - not involved in the construction and engineering business are you.

Sick of you already today, better things to do.  Go and irritate someone else mate.

Now the BBC is saying our stadiums going to cost 750m.

I wish everyone could decide on one figure because right now those "in the know" such as some on here seem to have figures that vary by about 450m!!!  Couldn't make this <deleted> up!!

Or perhaps everyone is!!?

Edited by carmine

20 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Did he actually think it was a serious game ?

20 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Pundit Lee Dixon criticised the friendliness of Tottenham Hotspur's Englandand Belgium players during their World Cup match

Lee Dixon needs to get real, typical ex gooner  plum pundit.

Any excuse to have a pop at Spurs.

Considering they had both qualified, the outcome would have been 

the difference of England playing either Japan or Colombia in the 

next round.

I'm sure Kane would be happy to reunite with his buddy Sanchez 

in the next round. ?

16 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Lee Dixon needs to get real, typical ex gooner  plum pundit.

Any excuse to have a pop at Spurs.

Considering they had both qualified, the outcome would have been 

the difference of England playing either Japan or Colombia in the 

next round.

I'm sure Kane would be happy to reunite with his buddy Sanchez 

in the next round. ?

Lee Dixon is a prize plum.  

Two weeks ago we had Tony Adams saying the attitude of the Tottenham players wouldn't be good for the squad, or some crap like that! Complete <deleted>.   Funny, but in his entire time as an England player unless my memory serves me wrong, we won sweet <deleted> all.

Then you've got Martin Keown......less said about him the better.  A genetic throw back with a monkeys head.

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

I wish everyone could decide on one figure because right now those "in the know" such as some on here seem to have figures that vary by about 450m!!!  Couldn't make this <deleted> up!!

They will not know the final cost until after the project finishes and all contractor's, subcontractor's and supplier's variations and claims have been settled. The figures being reported will be the 'forecast' final cost, which is updated monthly and is subject to change - rarely goes down, usually goes up.

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

They will not know the final cost until after the project finishes and all contractor's, subcontractor's and supplier's variations and claims have been settled. The figures being reported will be the 'forecast' final cost, which is updated monthly and is subject to change - rarely goes down, usually goes up.

if only everyone knew as much about the Spurs stadium construction as you, but then again i doubt anyone as studied it for as long as you have!!?

#obsessed

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, carmine said:

No no no the BBC have got all wrong, a couple of months ago BB was putting out figs of  1B to 1.2B and he's a expert on building cost's ?

Edited by alfieconn

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What's our current bank balance BB?

He was going on about our 1.2bn cost only recently, or was it 1bn, i loose track....now he's saying nobody knows presumably because the latest figure is lower than he'd like it to be. Classic!!