Tottenham Thread

chonabot

12 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Churlish and with a weighty chip on his shoulder though. Supporting Arsenal is a tough business I guess.

Well i do think its fair to say that this is a very important season coming up for them.  Obviously i wish them the worst but again we will see how hard it is to carry on from a very long term manager.  I also think Wenger created a much harder job for his successor by not leaving two years earlier.  Is Unai Emery up to the task?  Difficult to tell.

Great to see World Cup winning captain Lloris signing a new long term deal and also Son who is a fantastic and season on season improving player for us.

The Lamela four year contract is definitely a 50/50 for me.

The three players I want to see sign haven't yet however.

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Not that i care one way or tother but it looks like the Grealish deal is in jeopardy as Villa now under new ownership.

Getting Son signed up to a new contract is very good news though.

Grealish won't be leaving cheap now that is for sure so you can rule us out as it was that fact plus his British passport which was the main attraction.

Not going well this transfer window is it!!!

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Grealish won't be leaving cheap now that is for sure so you can rule us out as it was that fact plus his British passport which was the main attraction.

Not going well this transfer window is it!!!

The new owners will not be wanting to sell their best player.  But i didn't give a toss if we signed him or not.  What i do think is that if a couple of top quality signings don't arrive before the window closes then Pochettino has been let down.  By top quality i'm talking the likes of De Ligt, Kovacic, not Grealish!!

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

The new owners will not be wanting to sell their best player.  But i didn't give a toss if we signed him or not.  What i do think is that if a couple of top quality signings don't arrive before the window closes then Pochettino has been let down.  By top quality i'm talking the likes of De Ligt, Kovacic, not Grealish!!

Apparently we are struggling to off load squad players which is holding things up, a. Poch doesn't want a large squad, b. Levy doesn't want to pay salaries on players who are struggling to make the bench, so does that mean if we don't get rid of anyone then we don't get anyone in ?

17 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Apparently we are struggling to off load squad players which is holding things up, a. Poch doesn't want a large squad, b. Levy doesn't want to pay salaries on players who are struggling to make the bench, so does that mean if we don't get rid of anyone then we don't get anyone in ?

I would presume so.   Supposedly Toby's not going to United without Martial coming our way and thats hit a brick wall too.  

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

I would presume so.   Supposedly Toby's not going to United without Martial coming our way and thats hit a brick wall too.  

That one seems a no brainer for United. Maybe Levy is looking around for another suitor to avoid Toby heading to a big competitor ? Or United feeling a little more secure in the back these days ?

Looks like you've got twinkle toes Lamela tied up for awhile.

On 7/21/2018 at 7:35 AM, carmine said:

Not that i care one way or tother but it looks like the Grealish deal is in jeopardy as Villa now under new ownership.

Getting Son signed up to a new contract is very good news though.

You will miss a bullet not getting Grealish. More concerned with his hair than his game. 

Zaha back on the agenda. Very classy player. Anything less than £100M and he is a snip.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, champers said:

You will miss a bullet not getting Grealish. More concerned with his hair than his game. 

Zaha back on the agenda. Very classy player. Anything less than £100M and he is a snip.

The Zaha deal is being quoted at 60m quid....at 26 this year doesn't fit or usual signing but yes a quality player.

60m quid though I find it unlikely.....

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The Zaha deal is being quoted at 60m quid....at 26 this year doesn't fit or usual signing but yes a quality player.

60m quid though I find it unlikely.....

Better than Mahrez, for me, also £60M, though City do tend to overpay.

• Like 1

Reports suggest Mateo Kovavcic has put in a transfer request and theres a 44m release clause.  He ticks all the boxes as a replacement for Dembele.

I'm going to presume that we'd be on this big time but......

Edited by carmine

9 hours ago, champers said:

Better than Mahrez, for me, also £60M, though City do tend to overpay.

At the end of the day our priorities lie elsewhere, namely replacements for Dembele and cover for Alderweirald.  We won't have the budget to replace them and fork out for Zaha.  

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Reports suggest Mateo Kovavcic has put in a transfer request and theres a 44m release clause.  He ticks all the boxes as a replacement for Dembele.

I'm going to presume that we'd be on this big time but......

But will Dembele be leaving?

That is the first question really.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

But will Dembele be leaving?

That is the first question really.

Well he's 31yo and he's not going to get the long term contract he wants.  China might be of interest.

18 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well he's 31yo and he's not going to get the long term contract he wants.  China might be of interest.

There's been no sign of him or anyone else leaving though....looking like a major problem for us to get deals done in time.

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

There's been no sign of him or anyone else leaving though....looking like a major problem for us to get deals done in time.

Levy probably asking for too much money.  I reckon he's making a right pigs ear of this transfer window.  We should have done our business early because targets must have been identified.  We knew we would need to sell players first but as per usual he wants too much so everything gets stalled.  Its immensely frustrating, same thing season after season.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Levy probably asking for too much money.  I reckon he's making a right pigs ear of this transfer window.  We should have done our business early because targets must have been identified.  We knew we would need to sell players first but as per usual he wants too much so everything gets stalled.  Its immensely frustrating, same thing season after season.

I reckon Levy has a rabbit or two up his sleeve. If nothing else he'll pry Wilmar Barrios from Boca Juniors. 

48 minutes ago, balo said:

Is Harry Kane still with us ? Good , just wanted to check . 

Yes still with us at the moment but might not be with us long as according to posters on TV as we could need to sell players to pay for the stadium, as apparently it could ruin us, anyway here's hoping ! 

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Why, oh why, oh why ? We've nothing to do with this subject and yet still get brought into it

£60M is the issue, not taking a dig at City (honest guv). If you don't think City don't sometimes overpay for players we will have to agree to disagree. Due to your extreme wealth, selling clubs do up the price and City pay it, IMHO.