Tottenham Thread

chonabot

21 minutes ago, jellydog said:

That was my first thought.:tongue:

We should note that Sissoko almost scored a goal the other day.

Indeed, a chance that should have been buried but in his case, i was impressed he even managed to make contact with the ball.

We won't be in the new stadium till the end of october now...

21 hours ago, carmine said:

Or the Arsenal away shirt a few years ago that was designed along the lines of yellow puke.

Yeah that shirt looked like a wrapped parcel. Dunno what I was doing buying one of those. I don't bother these days, now that the authorities seem to have successfully stamped out cheap but accurate copies; I guess one day I'll have to wear it, after all the other copies have worn their letters off!

For Mr Bo's administrator's avoidance of doubt, I don't now buy copies and don't want to know if there are sources!

12 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Yeah that shirt looked like a wrapped parcel. Dunno what I was doing buying one of those. I don't bother these days, now that the authorities seem to have successfully stamped out cheap but accurate copies; I guess one day I'll have to wear it, after all the other copies have worn their letters off!

For Mr Bo's administrator's avoidance of doubt, I don't now buy copies and don't want to know if there are sources!

It does beggar belief how the clubs board sign off some of these shirt designs!  I think all three of Spurs' kits this season are pretty awful.

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

It does beggar belief how the clubs board sign off some of these shirt designs!  I think all three of Spurs' kits this season are pretty awful.

Remarkably, I think Chelsea have the best kits. Man City's shirt for the opener wasn't bad either.

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Remarkably, I think Chelsea have the best kits. Man City's shirt for the opener wasn't bad either.

City's socks were fantastic. Made the Arsenal players feel hungry. No wonder they were so poor; made them want the game to end so they could attack the fruit bowl.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

While the delay is a shame there are a number of thousands of us secretly delighted as the extra capacity at Wembley will mean we can much more easily get tickets.

Silver lining for us!

By the letter of the law shouldn't you be deducted points using 2 home venues in a season?

City due to play at your new ground at 16.00 on Sunday October 28. If it's not ready, and Wembley is already booked on that date (with Philadelphia Eagles due to take on Jacksonsville Jaguars in an 'NFL London' American football game and it is said to take several days to convert the stadium and pitch back to traditional football use), that may mean:
Spurs would have to find a completely new venue (sure your neighbours would let you use the Emirates), or,
ask the Premier League to move the date of the game, or,
to even to 'reverse' the fixture to the Etihad.

Well always nice with a good start even if we didnt play well . Should we be worried playing Fulham in the derby this weekend ? They have invested in so many average to good players this season, we'll see. I want to see Kane back doing what he knows best, scoring goals.

Alan Shearer on MOTD not impressed with Spurs not investing in new players, we'll pay the price later.

5 hours ago, balo said:

Well always nice with a good start even if we didnt play well . Should we be worried playing Fulham in the derby this weekend ? They have invested in so many average to good players this season, we'll see. I want to see Kane back doing what he knows best, scoring goals.

Alan Shearer on MOTD not impressed with Spurs not investing in new players, we'll pay the price later.

I think Fulham had a decent summer with purchases. Decent squad and a lot of new players vying for places.

Jean Michael Seri (Nice) Undisclosed Details
Maxime Le Marchand (Nice) Undisclosed Details
Fabricio Agosto Ramirez (Besiktas) Undisclosed Details
Andre Schurrle (Borussia Dortmund) Loan Details
Aleksandar Mitrovic (Newcastle United) Undisclosed Details
Alfie Mawson (Swansea City) Undisclosed Details
Calum Chambers (Arsenal) Loan Details
Sergio Rico (Sevilla) Loan Details
Joe Ryan (Bristol City) Undisclosed Details
Luciano Vietto (Atletico Madrid) Loan Details
Timothy Fosu-Mensah (Man Utd) Loan Details
Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa (Marseille) Undisclosed Details

• Like 1

Oliver Skipp not with the U23's yesterday leading to speculation he's been included in the first team squad.  However, a very good point made by Chris Miller in saying that he hopes the promotion is not permanent because similar promotions to Onomah and Walker-Peters meant a lack of game time which led to stagnation.  He has a point!!  

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Oliver Skipp not with the U23's yesterday leading to speculation he's been included in the first team squad.  However, a very good point made by Chris Miller in saying that he hopes the promotion is not permanent because similar promotions to Onomah and Walker-Peters meant a lack of game time which led to stagnation.  He has a point!!  

He does have a point. It's a conundrum for any manager these days with the pressure of winning versus giving youth time on the pitch

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

He does have a point. It's a conundrum for any manager these days with the pressure of winning versus giving youth time on the pitch

I think its also fair to add Care-Vickers to the list.  He eventually went out on loan because he was so desperately in need of game time.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

The guy is not suggesting that he is good enough for the first team, just that he should be playing in the under 23's !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

The guy is not suggesting that he is good enough for the first team, just that he should be playing in the under 23's !

Thanks for your explanation Alfie but believe it or not, I am able to read and interpret myself. In fact, I've been able to do it for many years now.

For info. I was agreeing that many young players who get promoted to the senior squad, don't get much playing time and that is because of the pressures on the manager to win. A lot of these young guys don't get any time on the pitch, unless your team is 5-0 up or due to mounting injuries. And there lies the conundrum.

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Thanks for your explanation Alfie but believe it or not, I am able to read and interpret myself. In fact, I've been able to do it for many years now.

For info. I was agreeing that many young players who get promoted to the senior squad, don't get much playing time and that is because of the pressures on the manager to win. A lot of these young guys don't get any time on the pitch, unless your team is 5-0 up or due to mounting injuries. And there lies the conundrum.

He does have a point. It's a conundrum for any manager these days with the pressure of winning versus giving youth time on the pitch

He was not making a point about the kid playing in the first team or anything to do with with  first team,  he is miles away from that as he has at least 6 player's in front of him, he was basically implying that by putting him in the first team squad he isn't getting any playing time with the Under 23's which is his level at the moment !

Edited by alfieconn

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Lord. Give me strength ?

Yes well the guy is talking about him playing in the under 23's and your talking about the first team, 2 different things so give me strength !

Chris Miller in saying that he hopes the promotion is not permanent because similar promotions to Onomah and Walker-Peters meant a lack of game time which led to stagnation.  He has a point!!  

Edited by alfieconn