Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Oh no we haven't. We remember every single miserable moment of those days. Which is why we are enjoying the now so much.

Your owner is just a tight, last minute wheeler dealer who didn't get the deal this transfer window. He tries to screw everyone down and I reckon agents are fully aware of it and will try to get better deals for their players

Oh no Ronnie we definitely haven't forgotten our past. March 1998 taking my girlfriend (wife) with us to Port Vale away loss on a FREEZING COLD day on our way down to Div 2 (no one was performed that day!). Div 2 the following season losing away to York. No my friend we haven't forgotten our past which is why we cherish the last 10 years.

Apparently the weekly wage bill for construction workers on site exceeds Spurs weekly wage bill for the playing staff. To be fair, there are 3800 workers on site and on unlimited overtime too. Sparks are contracted till end of November; make of that what you will.

2 hours ago, champers said:

Apparently the weekly wage bill for construction workers on site exceeds Spurs weekly wage bill for the playing staff. To be fair, there are 3800 workers on site and on unlimited overtime too. Sparks are contracted till end of November; make of that what you will.

Jesus. It was only a refurb and an extension. Wouldn't have those numptys building mine. Probably the owner going for the cheapest quote. Tight got ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Apparently poch  is expecting players to leave b4 the end of the euro transfer window...imo  the only player of significance that COULD go is toby.. the rest,,  will be fringe players and wont cause us to many worries.

I don't see that, Rose is our only cover at left back, right sided Centre back we have plenty of cover !

12 hours ago, alfieconn said:

I don't see that, Rose is our only cover at left back, right sided Centre back we have plenty of cover !

True, and Walker-Peters who has been asked to stand in before is a naturally right sided player

Seems you have construction dispute on your hands boys which is never a good thing. Mace will be taking their time to try to negotiate with spurs BEFORE THEY HAND THE STADIUM OVER (no negotiating power AFTER handover) that they are not liable for liquid and ascertained damages. Could be a while yet before you get your stadium.

Spurs stadium complex contract details revealed
Grant Prior22 hours ago

The Enquirer can reveal the complicated contract arrangements on the Spurs stadium site in the wake of news that the ground will not be finished on time.

Mace is management contractor on the £850m job.

But the Enquirer understands that the fit-out contractor was chosen by Spurs and works directly for the club.

The mechanical, electrical and plumbing work is also believed to be under control of Spurs.

A site source said: “It’s being run mainly by the management contractor but you also have a ‘site within a site’ in terms of the fit out work.

“When you have different procurement routes like this it causes all sorts of problems in terms of site co-ordination and logistics.”

The fit-out contract is understood to be worth between £80m and £100m.

Mace has its own fit-out division but the contract was awarded to another company.

I admit to jumping up and down like a nutter when the third goal went in lol.

Looked like some of ours had infiltrated their end when we were 2-1 up a few Fulham started fighting each other....funny as all fooook....then our third went in and it was all Tottenham in Wembley.

Mutterings of discontent over the pricing now though from the lads.

Well at least you get honesty here even if its not what we want to hear.

No whinging about signings or the team performance...it was excellent but we did need Dembele for Sanchez and Poch called that spot on.

Happy days COYS!

• Like 1

Winks on the bench btw was great news...hopefully some news on Wanyama soon too...both of them back for the CL would be massive for us.

Mind you Dembele just changed the 2nd half for us....such total assurance and distribution.

Reasonably solid performance.  Nice to see Winks playing again.  Lamela sharp when he came on.  Moura definitely going to be a bright spark this season and Toby playing again.

Did you notice the immediate impact Dembele made when he came on!  Completely controlled the midfield and determined the pace of the game.

I hope we don't play three at the back against United and i presume they are going to be hard to break down as usual.

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I admit to jumping up and down like a nutter when the third goal went in lol.

Looked like some of ours had infiltrated their end when we were 2-1 up a few Fulham started fighting each other....funny as all fooook....then our third went in and it was all Tottenham in Wembley.

Mutterings of discontent over the pricing now though from the lads.

Well at least you get honesty here even if its not what we want to hear.

No whinging about signings or the team performance...it was excellent but we did need Dembele for Sanchez and Poch called that spot on.

Happy days COYS!

Poch's decision making during the first couple of games has been really good.  Good to see as this has definitely been one of his weaker spots.

Spurs looked like themselves last night. It must be heartening for you Spurs fans. Maybe standing pat with transfers will work out. Moura was very good after those two early opportunities he botched. Nice to see Toby and Dembele on the pitch and playing well. Just pay both of them what they're worth and keep them.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Spurs looked like themselves last night. It must be heartening for you Spurs fans. Maybe standing pat with transfers will work out. Moura was very good after those two early opportunities he botched. Nice to see Toby and Dembele on the pitch and playing well. Just pay both of them what they're worth and keep them.:thumbsup:

Sanchez was struggling defensively second half but when Dembele replaced him we were able to play much more directly through the middle which totally opened up Fulham and they had no response after that.

Absolutely superb is Dembele and yes he can sign a new deal whenever he wants....only the length of contract he wants is the issue.

21 hours ago, jellydog said:

Terric run by Lamela too that made Kanes goal.  

What would really make up for the lack of signings would be if Lucas Moura and Lamela stepped up and played key roles this season.

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

Terric run by Lamela too that made Kanes goal.  

What would really make up for the lack of signings would be if Lucas Moura and Lamela stepped up and played key roles this season.

Yeah, a really nice run and pass from Lamela. Actually Moura's defense impressed me as much as his goal. I agree, if both of those players can be consistent it would be a big help.

9 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Yeah, a really nice run and pass from Lamela. Actually Moura's defense impressed me as much as his goal. I agree, if both of those players can be consistent it would be a big help.

I think a lot has understandably been said about our lack of signings which is fine if only something had been also said about us keeping all our players and going into the new season, same as City, a settled unit.

• Like 1

Just been reading an awful lot of complaints from spurs fans and media articles about the ongoing shambles of seasonticket increases, no new signings, stadium delays and the effect on individuals. All's not well down at White Hart Lane, err The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, err Wembley, err wherever you are based these days, the spurs fans are revolting. Oh Alfie, please don't ask me to prove it ;-)

On 8/19/2018 at 2:41 AM, carmine said:

Poch's decision making during the first couple of games has been really good.  Good to see as this has definitely been one of his weaker spots.

Yeah.. he's been bang on the money he's defo stepped his game up, as the team has and dropping bac a notch  lamella running like that.WOW.. cant really remeber seeing that pace strength b4 perhaps he's finally gonna deliver  wot we've all suspected he's had..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

lamella running like that.WOW.. cant really remeber seeing that pace strength b4 perhaps he's finally gonna deliver  wot we've all suspected he's had..

Having Lamela back fit and Lucas Moura featuring well is like 2 new signings for us considering neither played much last season.

All this talk about not signing new players this window BUT retaining all the current squad just shows the incompetence of footballing knowledge the media have and the fans who think it's a 

problem.

Simply put, "if it aint broke then don't fix it"  consistently buying and selling players is always a gamble and you only have to look at Arsenal to see that.

7 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Having Lamela back fit and Lucas Moura featuring well is like 2 new signings for us considering neither played much last season.

All this talk about not signing new players this window BUT retaining all the current squad just shows the incompetence of footballing knowledge the media have and the fans who think it's a 

problem.

Simply put, "if it aint broke then don't fix it"  consistently buying and selling players is always a gamble and you only have to look at Arsenal to see that.

I mentioned this very point a few days ago.  No one wants to give a mention of us keeping our players.

And its be said that Poch only had three names in mind to buy unless they were significantly overpriced and wasn't interested in anyone else. 

Winks back and playing well will be a huge boost as well because we need to use Dembele more sparingly so he's good to go when we really need him.